FilmWise Forums
It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 06:49

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 01:39 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Maybe someone will recognize these.

1. This is a little surreal film that is centered around the TV and how it sucks out energy from the protagonist. Whenever he sees a television he blacks out, waking up hours later. Later on he meets with a guy who is also involved with this kind of stuff and they work together to find a solution to his problem. In one scene this mentor guy "sends energy" to the protagonist and he notifies him about this through the phone, he looks out the window in his apartment and sees a cloud of energy coming towards him and later hitting him. He gets all pumped up until the TV turns on...
Near the end he wants to overload the TV with energy somehow, building a set, with lots of TV's in a stadium or something.

2. I never saw this, just overheard the following conversation accidentally.
Job interview. Naive young guy tries to get a job in bank or the like and by the end of the interview he kinda knows he have failed and starts to ask questions from the guy at the other side of the desk. "How do you decide who to hire?" etc.
And the manager gets into this mood of extreme honesty talking about how he hires the people he finds the most despicable and turning down the sympathetic ones. At the end the of his soliloquy I think he decides to quit his job and create a company with the guy whom he was interviewing.

3. Not much hope for this one. The protagonist was a motorcycle guy, not really bright. He ate bananas from the trunk of his motorcycle and once he went to a dentist with a tooth problem.
At the end he decided to charge the ocean with his bike.

That's it, I hope you can help!

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 09:03 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

I don't know any of them, but 1 sounds great!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 04:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Number 1 could be Akumulátor 1 by Jan Sverak.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 06:23 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

I've never seen it, but Stone is an Australian cult movie from 1974 that supposedly ends with the protagonist driving his motorcycle off a 30' cliff into the ocean.

Here's an article on it.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 00:37 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Thank you! I think Humphrey nailed the 1st.

Stone can't be right because the ocean charging scene doesn't match. In the film I'm looking for the guy drives into the water on a sandy beach, not from a cliff.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 04:23 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

np

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 13:50 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

totoro432 wrote:
3. Not much hope for this one. The protagonist was a motorcycle guy, not really bright. He ate bananas from the trunk of his motorcycle and once he went to a dentist with a tooth problem.
At the end he decided to charge the ocean with his bike.

I'm pretty sure that this is Any Which Way But Loose.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 20:53 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Not to bully in on another persons thread but I figured I too have a movie that I need help with. I saw this movie when I was little and wanted to see if anyone knew what it was...

All I remember was the guy had a motorcycle and it was futuristic. Might even be a time machine. Even the guys helmet can do extra ordinary things. The bike gets taken away by cowboys. In the end, the main cowboy gets killed by the rotors of a helicopter and all you see are his boots. I've always wanted to call the movie time bandit but obviously thats the Terry Gilliam movie.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 21:44 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Carl Spackler wrote:
Not to bully in on another persons thread but I figured I too have a movie that I need help with. I saw this movie when I was little and wanted to see if anyone knew what it was...

All I remember was the guy had a motorcycle and it was futuristic. Might even be a time machine. Even the guys helmet can do extra ordinary things. The bike gets taken away by cowboys. In the end, the main cowboy gets killed by the rotors of a helicopter and all you see are his boots. I've always wanted to call the movie time bandit but obviously thats the Terry Gilliam movie.

It' s been a long time since I've seen it, so I don't remember all those details, but I think it's Timerider.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 15:48 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

knarf wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

It' s been a long time since I've seen it, so I don't remember all those details, but I think it's Timerider.

Thanks! That is def it.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2009, 10:16 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Ok, I have seen a film in that was based on the tripod books...

The story of The Tripods is post-apocalyptic. Humanity has been conquered and enslaved by "the tripods", unseen alien entities who travel about in gigantic three-legged walking machines (the unsophisticated humans believe the walking machines themselves to be their living overlords). Human society is largely pastoral, with few habitations larger than villages, and what little industry exists is conducted under the watchful presence of the tripods. Lifestyle is reminiscent of the Middle Ages, but artifacts from previous ages are still used, giving individuals and homes a rather anachronistic appearance. Aka (war of the world if the humans lost)

Humans are controlled from the age of 14 by cranial implants called "caps", which suppress curiosity and creativity and leave the recipient placid and docile, incapable of dissent. The caps cause them to adore the tripods as their saviours. Some people whose minds are crushed under the pressure of the cap's hypnotic power become vagrants who wander the countryside shouting nonsense.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2009, 10:38 
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086818/

There's also a new version scheduled to be released in 2012, directed by Alexis Proyas.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 07:11 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Identify this documentary, please!

It's about silence. One part covered and asian guy who locked himself in a cage for a year and didn't speak nor entertained himself while inside. A friend of him bought him food regularly.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 07:15 
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

totoro432 wrote:
Identify this documentary, please!

It's about silence. One part covered and asian guy who locked himself in a cage for a year and didn't speak nor entertained himself while inside. A friend of him bought him food regularly.

http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/exhibitions/322

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 07:42 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Thanks!

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 11:32 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this

I just listened to Sweet Miracle by Rush and i know it is from a movie but i have no clue which one. Anyone know

I looked on IMDB but could not find where to search sounds tracks (is it there somewhere an i just missed it?)

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 11:50 
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

plaxii wrote:
I was wondering if anyone can help me with this

I just listened to Sweet Miracle by Rush and i know it is from a movie but i have no clue which one. Anyone know

I looked on IMDB but could not find where to search sounds tracks (is it there somewhere an i just missed it?)

http://us.imdb.com/search
Word search

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 12:18 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

yeah i found that, no matches though,

anyone got a clue what movie this song could be from?

thanks for pointing that out though bing!

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 12:38 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

plaxii wrote:
yeah i found that, no matches though,

anyone got a clue what movie this song could be from?

thanks for pointing that out though bing!

Sela5 is our resident soundtrack expert. You might ask him.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 11:44 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Does somebody know that comedy when a guy is campaigning to get elected and he sends his clumsy brother away on some bogus errand just to keep him from ruining his effort somehow?
He takes it very seriously and in one scene he staples a consecutive row of trees with ads for his brothers campaign.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 11:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

totoro432 wrote:
Does somebody know that comedy when a guy is campaigning to get elected and he sends his clumsy brother away on some bogus errand just to keep him from ruining his effort somehow?
He takes it very seriously and in one scene he staples a consecutive row of trees with ads for his brothers campaign.

Black Sheep?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 11:52 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

totoro432 wrote:

Is that Black Sheep, maybe?
Quote:
A gubernatorial candidate hires a wormy special assistant whose only job is to make sure the candidate's well-meaning but incompetent brother doesn't ruin the election.

D'oh, PBed!

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 12:14 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Baffling speed. Thank you both.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 12:17 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Alright, if anyone's bored, does anyone know a film where a guy is chasing after the devil, who possesses a woman, and he keeps finding toilet roll in his jacket, and there are some nuns with machine guns?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 12:22 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

totoro432 wrote:
Baffling speed. Thank you both.

No problem.

dawson99 wrote:
Alright, if anyone's bored, does anyone know a film where a guy is chasing after the devil, who possesses a woman, and he keeps finding toilet roll in his jacket, and there are some nuns with machine guns?

Nuns on the Run? Probably not but thought I would give it a try.