FilmWise Forums
It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 23:54

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 12:23 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Definately not that... Its kind of sci fi adult 80s american humour... very odd film.

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 11:43 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
1. I think this was made after 2000 and I would categorize it as a thriller.
A team of law enforcement types are deployed in a remote location (probably on an island) for some kind training. Their chief briefs them, then leaves to run the show from the background. Later the situation becomes worrying for the team and they decide to speak with the boss who is supposed to be organizing the spooks but they discover that he has been killed in a gruesome way. Then the killer finishes them off one by one throughout the film. I think once he kills somebody with a poisoned cigarette.

2. This is a very old but (I guess) coloured monster movie.
Until the end, all the viewer could see from the monster was a giant pincer kind of thing that went around breaking the ground in it's way and killing people, but at the final battle it was revealed to be a part of an underground monster. The setting involved rocky wastes or a desert and a power plant. (it's not Tremors)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 11:49 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 09:36
Posts: 1774
totoro432 wrote:
1. I think this was made after 2000 and I would categorize it as a thriller.
A team of law enforcement types are deployed in a remote location (probably on an island) for some kind training. Their chief briefs them, then leaves to run the show from the background. Later the situation becomes worrying for the team and they decide to speak with the boss who is supposed to be organizing the spooks but they discover that he has been killed in a gruesome way. Then the killer finishes them off one by one throughout the film. I think once he kills somebody with a poisoned cigarette.

2. This is a very old but (I guess) coloured monster movie.
Until the end, all the viewer could see from the monster was a giant pincer kind of thing that went around breaking the ground in it's way and killing people, but at the final battle it was revealed to be a part of an underground monster. The setting involved rocky wastes or a desert and a power plant. (it's not Tremors)


I would guess 1 is Mindhunters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 12:09 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
1 is definately Mindhunters

2nd one I cant get pincers of power out of my head

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 12:18 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
The Burrowers?

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 12:23 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
the Black Scorpion


Just looking for old coloured pincer monsters

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 12:39 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
Thanks for Mindhunters, it's definately it!

But for the 2nd it's not The Burrowers or The Black Scorpion.
Seeing how The Black Scorpion (1957) looks like I would say the movie I'm looking for was made in the 60s or the 70s and now I'm pretty sure it was in colour.
And it was just a pincer, sticked out from beneath, no eyes or legs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 21:48 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
Hello!

I'm looking for a film that is about how a facially disfigured guy who lives alone becomes friends with a young boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 21:56 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38156
Location: San Francisco
totoro432 wrote:
Hello!

I'm looking for a film that is about how a facially disfigured guy who lives alone becomes friends with a young boy.

The Man without a Face?

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 22:38 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
That's it, thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 22:48 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38156
Location: San Francisco
totoro432 wrote:
That's it, thanks!

np

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 10:00 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
Vin Diesel's character is about to fight somebody, but prior to it he says a number. Than he explains that is the number of street fights he had been in. His opponent gets intimidated, the fight doesn't happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 10:20 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28567
Location: Gotham's seedier side
totoro432 wrote:
Vin Diesel's character is about to fight somebody, but prior to it he says a number. Than he explains that is the number of street fights he had been in. His opponent gets intimidated, the fight doesn't happen.

Sounds like Knockaround Guys.

_________________
Robin: "Batman, maybe I should stay home tonight. Homework, you know."
Batman: "I think you should acquire a taste for opera, Robin, as one does for poetry and olives."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 10:25 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28567
Location: Gotham's seedier side
It is. Here's the scene:

_________________
Robin: "Batman, maybe I should stay home tonight. Homework, you know."
Batman: "I think you should acquire a taste for opera, Robin, as one does for poetry and olives."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 11:48 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 15:14
Posts: 6391
Hey big papa! mmmmm Vin Diesel 8)

_________________
All things truly wicked start from innocence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 12:02 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012, 02:16 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
I think this a japanese or chinese film. It's about a family, they have two kids, a boy and a girl. The boy gets a bycicle for his birthday and some toy cop-gear. With the cuffs he chains himfelf to something (or his dad cuffs him to something as part a of a game) but then somebody sets the house on fire and everybody dies inside except the dad and his daughter, they manage to escape.
Then he starts an investigation into why somebody attempted to murder him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 08:05 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2005, 14:18
Posts: 6761
Location: On the Loose
Chalk this up to the random thread you thought you'd never be a part of:
Last year I saw a Norwegian (perhaps Finnish, but I am pretty sure Norwegian) film that was really good, surprisingly funny, a little hare brained, but also intense "thriller".
The plot goes... Protagonist is a suave business man by day and high end art thief by night. He has this uber model/gallery curator girlfriend who he thinks will leave if he doesn't bring in more-more-more cash... total Napolean exploration, with inner monologue to set up his character in the first ten minutes. So this Swedish uber model/suave business man (played by the swedish version of Aaron Eckhart) comes into fold by some legit business channels. Turns out, Mr. Sweden has some awesome art that he hasn't unpacked upon his move to Norway (or Finland, but I am pretty sure it's Norway)... so, of course protag sets up the heist, and has his launderer ready to come over to his pad in the morning, to transition the goods (stashed in the unlocked car).
From there it goes to shit, then gets really funny, then gets pretty intense... some deaths, some bumbling stoogey cops, some gunshots... a pitbull... a shit bath (yes, literally) a couple of twists and voila... I was surprised at the outcome and at how much I liked it.
But for the life of me I can't remember its name and would rather put yous guys to the test, instead of dilly dallying on IMDB and the like all day.
K.
Who's up?
Middle? Smithee? Bats?
My money is on one of you.
Frog has an outside shot for sure though.
Sidebet on some excellent JJ/Asquared jokes available upon request.

_________________
Elegant Violence


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 08:09 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8010
Location: Over your shoulder
Is it Headhunters?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 08:18 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2005, 14:18
Posts: 6761
Location: On the Loose
spymeg wrote:

Yes!

Go Meg!
What do I owe you?

_________________
Elegant Violence


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 08:21 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8010
Location: Over your shoulder
Toasty wrote:
spymeg wrote:

Yes!

Go Meg!
What do I owe you?

Well, there is that Dior sweater I've had my eye on. ;) :lol: Glad I could help!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2013, 13:43 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
1. I've seen it in the 90's. I think it might have been a little series with 4-5 episodes, but all relatively long. The plot was that a bunch of scientist opened a gateway to another universe, everything was yellow and slimy there. This malevolent world eventually spread into our universe and it infected people and at one point it was threatning to get into a river or some kind of a water supply system. At the end of the series, the laboratory got surrounded by a layer of that foreign stuff, and some of the characters even ventured into this another world.

2.
I'm remembering the last moments of an artsy movie (seen on Bravo, maybe?) from the 80s or 90s...I saw it sometime between 1994-97.
Sorry to be so vague, but one of the last scenes is of a rather ridiculous situation in which someone has turned an oil railcar into a submarine. They had been working on it for some time and the other characters didn't think it was going to work. The "submarine" dives and it's clear it's working. This is the memory prompting me to ask if anyone else remembers this scene & movie.
The mood I remember was quite artsy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2013, 02:52 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
totoro432 wrote:
1. I've seen it in the 90's. I think it might have been a little series with 4-5 episodes, but all relatively long. The plot was that a bunch of scientist opened a gateway to another universe, everything was yellow and slimy there. This malevolent world eventually spread into our universe and it infected people and at one point it was threatning to get into a river or some kind of a water supply system. At the end of the series, the laboratory got surrounded by a layer of that foreign stuff, and some of the characters even ventured into this another world.

2.
I'm remembering the last moments of an artsy movie (seen on Bravo, maybe?) from the 80s or 90s...I saw it sometime between 1994-97.
Sorry to be so vague, but one of the last scenes is of a rather ridiculous situation in which someone has turned an oil railcar into a submarine. They had been working on it for some time and the other characters didn't think it was going to work. The "submarine" dives and it's clear it's working. This is the memory prompting me to ask if anyone else remembers this scene & movie.
The mood I remember was quite artsy.


Not looking for the 1st one anymore. It's Invasion: Earth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 08:29 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8010
Location: Over your shoulder
Well I don't know the answer to your submarine movie, but I have a movie I need help with too.

This was an older (late 70's ish) movie about Dracula. All I remember is a scene in a big house. The female lead was coming down a long, winding staircase. I've seen this actress in other things, but I can't remember what. She has light brown hair and her nose is kind of skinny and pointed at the end.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 09:14 
Offline
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Posts: 14573
Location: Harlem rock city
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079641/ ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group