FilmWise Forums
It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 23:54

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 12:23 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Definately not that... Its kind of sci fi adult 80s american humour... very odd film.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 11:43 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

1. I think this was made after 2000 and I would categorize it as a thriller.
A team of law enforcement types are deployed in a remote location (probably on an island) for some kind training. Their chief briefs them, then leaves to run the show from the background. Later the situation becomes worrying for the team and they decide to speak with the boss who is supposed to be organizing the spooks but they discover that he has been killed in a gruesome way. Then the killer finishes them off one by one throughout the film. I think once he kills somebody with a poisoned cigarette.

2. This is a very old but (I guess) coloured monster movie.
Until the end, all the viewer could see from the monster was a giant pincer kind of thing that went around breaking the ground in it's way and killing people, but at the final battle it was revealed to be a part of an underground monster. The setting involved rocky wastes or a desert and a power plant. (it's not Tremors)

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 11:49 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

totoro432 wrote:
1. I think this was made after 2000 and I would categorize it as a thriller.
A team of law enforcement types are deployed in a remote location (probably on an island) for some kind training. Their chief briefs them, then leaves to run the show from the background. Later the situation becomes worrying for the team and they decide to speak with the boss who is supposed to be organizing the spooks but they discover that he has been killed in a gruesome way. Then the killer finishes them off one by one throughout the film. I think once he kills somebody with a poisoned cigarette.

2. This is a very old but (I guess) coloured monster movie.
Until the end, all the viewer could see from the monster was a giant pincer kind of thing that went around breaking the ground in it's way and killing people, but at the final battle it was revealed to be a part of an underground monster. The setting involved rocky wastes or a desert and a power plant. (it's not Tremors)

I would guess 1 is Mindhunters.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 12:09 

1 is definately Mindhunters

2nd one I cant get pincers of power out of my head

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 12:18 
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

The Burrowers?

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 12:23 

the Black Scorpion

Just looking for old coloured pincer monsters

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 12:39 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Thanks for Mindhunters, it's definately it!

But for the 2nd it's not The Burrowers or The Black Scorpion.
Seeing how The Black Scorpion (1957) looks like I would say the movie I'm looking for was made in the 60s or the 70s and now I'm pretty sure it was in colour.
And it was just a pincer, sticked out from beneath, no eyes or legs.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 21:48 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Hello!

I'm looking for a film that is about how a facially disfigured guy who lives alone becomes friends with a young boy.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 21:56 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

totoro432 wrote:
Hello!

I'm looking for a film that is about how a facially disfigured guy who lives alone becomes friends with a young boy.

The Man without a Face?

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 22:38 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

That's it, thanks!

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 22:48 

totoro432 wrote:
That's it, thanks!

np

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 10:00 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Vin Diesel's character is about to fight somebody, but prior to it he says a number. Than he explains that is the number of street fights he had been in. His opponent gets intimidated, the fight doesn't happen.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 10:20 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

totoro432 wrote:
Vin Diesel's character is about to fight somebody, but prior to it he says a number. Than he explains that is the number of street fights he had been in. His opponent gets intimidated, the fight doesn't happen.

Sounds like Knockaround Guys.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 10:25 

It is. Here's the scene:

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 11:48 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Hey big papa! mmmmm Vin Diesel 8)

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 12:02 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Thanks!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012, 02:16 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

I think this a japanese or chinese film. It's about a family, they have two kids, a boy and a girl. The boy gets a bycicle for his birthday and some toy cop-gear. With the cuffs he chains himfelf to something (or his dad cuffs him to something as part a of a game) but then somebody sets the house on fire and everybody dies inside except the dad and his daughter, they manage to escape.
Then he starts an investigation into why somebody attempted to murder him.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 08:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Chalk this up to the random thread you thought you'd never be a part of:
Last year I saw a Norwegian (perhaps Finnish, but I am pretty sure Norwegian) film that was really good, surprisingly funny, a little hare brained, but also intense "thriller".
The plot goes... Protagonist is a suave business man by day and high end art thief by night. He has this uber model/gallery curator girlfriend who he thinks will leave if he doesn't bring in more-more-more cash... total Napolean exploration, with inner monologue to set up his character in the first ten minutes. So this Swedish uber model/suave business man (played by the swedish version of Aaron Eckhart) comes into fold by some legit business channels. Turns out, Mr. Sweden has some awesome art that he hasn't unpacked upon his move to Norway (or Finland, but I am pretty sure it's Norway)... so, of course protag sets up the heist, and has his launderer ready to come over to his pad in the morning, to transition the goods (stashed in the unlocked car).
From there it goes to shit, then gets really funny, then gets pretty intense... some deaths, some bumbling stoogey cops, some gunshots... a pitbull... a shit bath (yes, literally) a couple of twists and voila... I was surprised at the outcome and at how much I liked it.
But for the life of me I can't remember its name and would rather put yous guys to the test, instead of dilly dallying on IMDB and the like all day.
K.
Who's up?
Middle? Smithee? Bats?
My money is on one of you.
Frog has an outside shot for sure though.
Sidebet on some excellent JJ/Asquared jokes available upon request.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 08:09 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Is it Headhunters?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 08:18 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

spymeg wrote:

Yes!

Go Meg!
What do I owe you?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 08:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Toasty wrote:
spymeg wrote:

Yes!

Go Meg!
What do I owe you?

Well, there is that Dior sweater I've had my eye on. ;) :lol: Glad I could help!

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2013, 13:43 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

1. I've seen it in the 90's. I think it might have been a little series with 4-5 episodes, but all relatively long. The plot was that a bunch of scientist opened a gateway to another universe, everything was yellow and slimy there. This malevolent world eventually spread into our universe and it infected people and at one point it was threatning to get into a river or some kind of a water supply system. At the end of the series, the laboratory got surrounded by a layer of that foreign stuff, and some of the characters even ventured into this another world.

I'm remembering the last moments of an artsy movie (seen on Bravo, maybe?) from the 80s or 90s...I saw it sometime between 1994-97.
Sorry to be so vague, but one of the last scenes is of a rather ridiculous situation in which someone has turned an oil railcar into a submarine. They had been working on it for some time and the other characters didn't think it was going to work. The "submarine" dives and it's clear it's working. This is the memory prompting me to ask if anyone else remembers this scene & movie.
The mood I remember was quite artsy.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2013, 02:52 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

totoro432 wrote:
1. I've seen it in the 90's. I think it might have been a little series with 4-5 episodes, but all relatively long. The plot was that a bunch of scientist opened a gateway to another universe, everything was yellow and slimy there. This malevolent world eventually spread into our universe and it infected people and at one point it was threatning to get into a river or some kind of a water supply system. At the end of the series, the laboratory got surrounded by a layer of that foreign stuff, and some of the characters even ventured into this another world.

I'm remembering the last moments of an artsy movie (seen on Bravo, maybe?) from the 80s or 90s...I saw it sometime between 1994-97.
Sorry to be so vague, but one of the last scenes is of a rather ridiculous situation in which someone has turned an oil railcar into a submarine. They had been working on it for some time and the other characters didn't think it was going to work. The "submarine" dives and it's clear it's working. This is the memory prompting me to ask if anyone else remembers this scene & movie.
The mood I remember was quite artsy.

Not looking for the 1st one anymore. It's Invasion: Earth.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 08:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Well I don't know the answer to your submarine movie, but I have a movie I need help with too.

This was an older (late 70's ish) movie about Dracula. All I remember is a scene in a big house. The female lead was coming down a long, winding staircase. I've seen this actress in other things, but I can't remember what. She has light brown hair and her nose is kind of skinny and pointed at the end.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 09:14 
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079641/ ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next