FilmWise Forums
It is currently 21 May 2018, 06:58

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 11:55 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

bing wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079641/ ?

:( Not it. I think they were all American actors. This chic's nose kinda looks like Mel Harris's nose except it's pointier and more turned up.
Attachment:
mel-harris.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 19:52 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

???

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 00:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065569/? It features this woman with a pointyish, skinnyish nose:

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 07:43 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

It's neither of those. For some reason, I think this actress played a blind woman in something. I'll probably never find it. I've been searching for years. :balrog:

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2013, 09:08 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

You're not thinking of Madeleine Stowe, right (because I don't know what the Dracula film would be anyway)?

He was glad to get it.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 06:33 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Gren wrote:
You're not thinking of Madeleine Stowe, right (because I don't know what the Dracula film would be anyway)?

No, not Stowe. I wish it were that easy.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 00:34 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

This isn't a film I've seen, but it's one that was described to me:

It came out in the late-80s or early-90s. It's about a cop (possibly from LA) who is about to retire; however, he is diagnosed with some rare disease and given only a few months to live. Like Walter White, he realizes that his family will be destitute without him, but if he somehow is killed in the line of duty, they will be financially secure. So he volunteers to return to a beat. He goes out to find the toughest criminal he can and risk his life in the hope he'll be killed, but every time the criminal tries to kill him, something happens and he survives. It ends with him getting into a big fight with the criminal on the roof of a building and hanging on to the edge while the criminal is trying to make him fall. At that moment, the other cops arrive and let him know that he somehow received a bad diagnosis and he's actually fine.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 04:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Not an exact match, but Short Time with Dabney Coleman?

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 05:31 

Buckykatt wrote:

That sounds exactly right.

skillz

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 05:43 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Batman wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:

That sounds exactly right.

skillz

Very entertaining film in my opinion, and it may have the best "unknown" chase scene ever filmed.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2014, 16:13 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

1. A woman owns a gay bar and two male friend of hers are living with her, who are straight and scared of getting fired in case somebody from their workplace discovers about this.
Once their boss visits the bar and later his wife discovers a flier of the place (in his clothing maybe) and thinks that he is gay.

2. Kids have a sick friend or relative and they decide to raise money for his/her treatment by selling fake secrets to the Russians, they made from blueprints of toys. The CIA takes notice, they find the kids and they involve them in an attempt to catch Russian spies.

3. This is about a man who can "take away" people's sins before they die, by placing a piece of bread on their foreheads and eating it.

4. This is from the beginning of the 90s, an American action/thriller. A girl works in a small diner and then some guys arrive who are either disguised aliens or have supernatural powers. They lock the girl in small room with a guy who happened to be in the diner. Later she escapes, the guys chase her, they encounter a sheriff but he turns out to be on the side of her pursuers.
The end of the movie is set at a gas station, and I think the girl blows it up.

5. There is a video to this one, title or the name of one or both of the actors would be welcome. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX_k17HzlA0

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2014, 19:11 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
I would have to do some digging on most of these, but....

3. You're describing a "sin eater". When I search titles in IMDB, I get The Order (2003) starring Heath Ledger, and Sineaters (2012)
I haven't done a keyword search on that term yet, though.

4. is this a bodysnatchers remake?

5. I will watch the video at home... please hold.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2014, 21:26 
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise

Pretty sure number 5 is Fright Night 2 (1988)

Ernie Sabella and Traci Lind

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014, 14:29 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

3. Definatly "The Order"... I remember the bread...

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 04:11 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Scruluce wrote:
3. You're describing a "sin eater". When I search titles in IMDB, I get The Order (2003) starring Heath Ledger, and Sineaters (2012)
I haven't done a keyword search on that term yet, though.

3. Thank you.

4. I've read the plots of 4 body snatcher movies on Wikipedia (they are more detailed than the ones on IMDB) and none of them seem to match.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 04:13 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

McT wrote:
Pretty sure number 5 is Fright Night 2 (1988)

Ernie Sabella and Traci Lind

That's it, thanks!

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 05:27 

totoro432 wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

4. I've read the plots of 4 body snatcher movies on Wikipedia (they are more detailed than the ones on IMDB) and none of them seem to match.

Maybe it's one of the Puppetmaster movies. I seem to remember them being very similar to Invasion of the Bodysnatchers.

EDIT: Not Puppetmasters. Something else. I'm looking it up now.

EDIT 2: I was really close. The Puppet Masters.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 13:19 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

totoro432 wrote:
1. A woman owns a gay bar and two male friend of hers are living with her, who are straight and scared of getting fired in case somebody from their workplace discovers about this.
Once their boss visits the bar and later his wife discovers a flier of the place (in his clothing maybe) and thinks that he is gay.

2. Kids have a sick friend or relative and they decide to raise money for his/her treatment by selling fake secrets to the Russians, they made from blueprints of toys. The CIA takes notice, they find the kids and they involve them in an attempt to catch Russian spies.

So just these now, right? (assuming of course that the Caped Crusader is right)

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 14:27 

Scruluce wrote:
totoro432 wrote:

I wouldn't assume I'm right. I haven't seen the whole movie.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 15:04 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Batman wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
totoro432 wrote:

I wouldn't assume I'm right. I haven't seen the whole movie.

You're too modest. ;)

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2014, 07:01 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Batman wrote:

EDIT 2: I was really close. The Puppet Masters.

I checked out The Puppet Masters, but it's not it.

When they've met the sheriff I think they used some sort of mind power on him, he wasn't taking their side from the beginning.
And after she blows up the gas station she tries to flee with the attendant's yellow car (something like a 1969 Dodge Charger) but one of the men survived the explosion and he attacks her, they struggle, and I don't know how it ends.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 05:55 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

1. This is farily new, definitely made after 2000. A homeless hitchiker girl in his late twenties, probably in Ireland, meets an old farmer who lives alone. She doesn't tell him her name, but begins to work for him for food. Over time they become closer and closer, once they go into town together and drink and dance in a pub.
The farmer dies at end, the girl loves him by that time.

2. I only have the audio of this and even that is not in english.
It's a big monologue about the "bitches", one adult male ranting, the other mostly listening and it goes something like this:

A: So where were we? Oh yes, those damned bitches. I'm done with them. To the hell with them. That's what they deserve. To the hell with them all. They are all, panty wearing, scented candle burning, flirting, teasing, freeloading, credit card abusing, football-hating, punch sipping, man assaulting, ball squeezing, bullshitting, gossiping, backstabbing, chocolate gobbling, condescending, always complaining, manipulating, critical, vacuuming in front of the TV, all of them! "You never pay attention to me!", "Don't step on the carpet with your shoes!", "Don't leave, the toilet seat up!", "Put the toilet seat down!", "You are not good enough!", "No, I have a headache tonight.", "Go faster!", "Go slower!", "You are fat!, "You are lazy!", "I've won, you've lost!", it's over! Get the fuck out of here, I'm done with it, I don't ever want to see dirty bitches anymore! I'm finished with them, I'm finished!
B: What should I do, to get out of all this?
A: Look around son, are you blind?! You'll never get out of this. You got into the grinder and you'll be grinded meat and the stink of the bitch will rub on you, like some glue, and the other bitches will smell it and it'll call them to battle, you'll be shark bait! Once they have their mark on you, you are done for, you can dig your own grave and lay in it, because you'll never ever, ever get out of this!

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 16:49 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

I have seen #1! But dammnit I really only had it on wheil I was doing other things and mostly because the girl as cute and I thought maybe she will get naked! lol... I can only really remember what you remember. I know the man was a recognizable irish/scottish actor... but I did not know the girl.

Sorry... i'll keep thinking about it.

PostPosted: 09 May 2014, 11:14 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Samurai movie from the 80s or 90s.
One guy is fighting many on a rope bridge. He uses some kind of a sharp object on a chain or rope as a weapon.
He gets struck by a number of arrows but he pulls them out.
Some leader on the side of the attackers says something akin to: If all their men are like him, then we are lost.

#1 from my previous post was Nothing Personal (2009).

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 12:05 
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

It was probably made between 1993 and 2006, probably scandinavian.
The protagonist is a fairly young blond woman who is accused of killing or abandoning her child, I don't remember, maybe her child died in a house fire, due to her negligence.
She's sent either to prison or to a mental asylum where other inmates are crude to her.
She falls in love with a bald psychiatrist or doctor in there. Once this person brings her to his home and tells her that she reminds him to his dead wife who had similar shoulder-lenght blond hair.
At one point she is examined with a machine, that projects her dreams to monitors and they show some traumatic experience of hers.
Near the end she rides in a car with the psychiatrist or doctor and they have an accident, they almost die, the woman saves the guy. It ends with her hugging him and watching the flames engulfing the car wreck(s).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next