FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 15:21

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 09:25 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
This is TV series from the 80s and it's about a miniature family who's members live secretly in the house of a normal american family and the adventures they get themselves into.
It's not The Borrowers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 09:36 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13697
Location: Colorado
totoro432 wrote:
This is TV series from the 80s and it's about a miniature family who's members live secretly in the house of a normal american family and the adventures they get themselves into.
It's not The Borrowers.

The Littles
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320055/

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 17:24 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 14034
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
Odd Todd wrote:
totoro432 wrote:
This is TV series from the 80s and it's about a miniature family who's members live secretly in the house of a normal american family and the adventures they get themselves into.
It's not The Borrowers.

The Littles
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320055/

animated series. used to love watching this!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 06:41 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13697
Location: Colorado
Scruluce wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
totoro432 wrote:
This is TV series from the 80s and it's about a miniature family who's members live secretly in the house of a normal american family and the adventures they get themselves into.
It's not The Borrowers.

The Littles
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320055/

animated series. used to love watching this!

:green:

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 08:35 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
Odd Todd wrote:
totoro432 wrote:
This is TV series from the 80s and it's about a miniature family who's members live secretly in the house of a normal american family and the adventures they get themselves into.
It's not The Borrowers.

The Littles
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320055/


Thanks for trying to help, but that's not it, it's not animated.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 09:07 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29090
Location: Gotham's seedier side
totoro432 wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
totoro432 wrote:
This is TV series from the 80s and it's about a miniature family who's members live secretly in the house of a normal american family and the adventures they get themselves into.
It's not The Borrowers.

The Littles
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320055/


Thanks for trying to help, but that's not it, it's not animated.

You're not talking about "Land of the Giants", are you?

How about "The Box of Delights"? No, it's not a porno.

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014, 08:46 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
Batman wrote:
totoro432 wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
totoro432 wrote:
This is TV series from the 80s and it's about a miniature family who's members live secretly in the house of a normal american family and the adventures they get themselves into.
It's not The Borrowers.

The Littles
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320055/


Thanks for trying to help, but that's not it, it's not animated.

You're not talking about "Land of the Giants", are you?

How about "The Box of Delights"? No, it's not a porno.


Thanks, but it's neither.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2014, 13:34 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
This is sci-fi from the 90s, and was aired in at least two segments, so it could be a mini-series.

It is set in an underground (or otherwise isolated) society who are what's left of Earth's population after some disaster. They've got robots. There is a "video-wall" system in the dwellings that a boy and a girl uses to communicate with each other.
At least one character wore something in his/her neck and the boy have found a little disc in it, that he played and it had footage of animals on it, from before the disaster. This and his lack of knowledge of animals later lead to a situation when he named a dog "Bear".
The boy and the girl escape the isolated world and reach the surface (?), which is a desert. Here they meet the first animal in their lives, a dog. This is also the first time, when they see the sun.
They are being chased of course, by their people, who are probably using flamethrowers to fight off the dangers of the surface world.

I'm afraid I've already done what can be done, using Google (unless some serious factual errors are throwing me off-trail), so I hope someone here remembers it.

Here is a list of what's off the list:

Code 46
Fahrenheit 451
Z.P.G.
Damnation Alley
Cherry 2000
Furia
Blast from the Past
Chosen Survivors Dark Days
Millennium
12 Monkeys
RoboCop
Metropolis
Genesis II
The Time Machine
Logan's Run
City of Ember
THX 1138
Boy and his Dog

Found it, it's Fuga dal paradiso (1990).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014, 00:25 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 10:44
Posts: 2694
Location: At work playing poker
any ideas on who these guys are?

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthr ... ck-3-faces

_________________
If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014, 05:31 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29090
Location: Gotham's seedier side
The guy on the left is Anthony Joseph Fatigato, listed as "Scary man in mailbox slot (uncredited)."

I'm guessing the other two are crewmembers as well.

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 04:51 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:25 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29090
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:30 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8375
Location: Around
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:37 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.


Yes! I just can't remember. It is on the tip of my toungue, trying to go through what I've seen recently

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:37 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29090
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.

These are some of the movies I've seen in the recent past that it could be: Nightcrawler, The Drop, Black Sea. Could it be any of those?

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:41 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.

These are some of the movies I've seen in the recent past that it could be: Nightcrawler, The Drop, Black Sea. Could it be any of those?


No, neither of those, it MIGHT be a tv show. The kid just walks nonchelantly breaking windows in a small town (kind of like the one in Pleasentville)

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:53 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29090
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.

These are some of the movies I've seen in the recent past that it could be: Nightcrawler, The Drop, Black Sea. Could it be any of those?

God's Pocket is another film I saw on Sky. Maybe it's that?

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:56 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29090
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Dawson wrote:
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.

These are some of the movies I've seen in the recent past that it could be: Nightcrawler, The Drop, Black Sea. Could it be any of those?


No, neither of those, it MIGHT be a tv show. The kid just walks nonchelantly breaking windows in a small town (kind of like the one in Pleasentville)

Could it be "Fargo"? Maybe Oliver Platt's or Billy Bob's character remembering something like that?

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:57 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Batman wrote:
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.

These are some of the movies I've seen in the recent past that it could be: Nightcrawler, The Drop, Black Sea. Could it be any of those?

God's Pocket is another film I saw on Sky. Maybe it's that?


No :(

I recently joined Amazon Prime, Netflix and have Sky so I'm trawling the memory banks for the choices - TV wise it could be Flash, Arrow, NCIS, will check through the recently viewed logs when I get home.

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:58 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.

These are some of the movies I've seen in the recent past that it could be: Nightcrawler, The Drop, Black Sea. Could it be any of those?


No, neither of those, it MIGHT be a tv show. The kid just walks nonchelantly breaking windows in a small town (kind of like the one in Pleasentville)

Could it be "Fargo"? Maybe Oliver Platt's or Billy Bob's character remembering something like that?


Nope, it's from something I saw in the last week

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 08:08 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8375
Location: Around
Dawson wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.

These are some of the movies I've seen in the recent past that it could be: Nightcrawler, The Drop, Black Sea. Could it be any of those?


No, neither of those, it MIGHT be a tv show. The kid just walks nonchelantly breaking windows in a small town (kind of like the one in Pleasentville)

Could it be "Fargo"? Maybe Oliver Platt's or Billy Bob's character remembering something like that?


Nope, it's from something I saw in the last week

Wasn't it in American Hustle or something? Childhood memory of one of the characters?

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 08:15 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8375
Location: Around
Middle wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.

These are some of the movies I've seen in the recent past that it could be: Nightcrawler, The Drop, Black Sea. Could it be any of those?


No, neither of those, it MIGHT be a tv show. The kid just walks nonchelantly breaking windows in a small town (kind of like the one in Pleasentville)

Could it be "Fargo"? Maybe Oliver Platt's or Billy Bob's character remembering something like that?


Nope, it's from something I saw in the last week

Wasn't it in American Hustle or something? Childhood memory of one of the characters?

Just verified it's indeed from American Hustle. It's the introduction story to Christian Bale's character, right at the beginning of the film:

Backstory from Abscam wrote:
The real Rosenfeld is a much simpler con man named Melvin Weinberg, who grew up in the Bronx and was indeed a convicted swindler who always wanted to make a quick buck. In the film, when he was a boy, Irving helped his father’s glass installation business by throwing rocks through storefront windows in order to drum up demand. But according to The Sting Man, Robert W. Greene’s telling of Weinberg’s story and the Abscam affair, Weinberg didn’t work for his father until after his first marriage, to a wife named Mary, who had three kids with him. And he was smashing windows because the glass business was heavily corrupt. Companies that bribed the union and cheated customers did well, and it was a union official who asked Weinberg to break the windows of storeowners who patronized nonunion glaziers. Russell’s invention is primal and direct, but Weinberg’s reality has an additional layer of cautionary irony. The corrupt union official’s name, by the way, was Irving.

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 08:36 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Middle wrote:
Middle wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I think this is a movie or tv show. Someone owns a glass company and the kid keeps breaking the windows so they can get more business... any idea?

That sounds like something I saw recently. Was a character referring to his past, where his father owned the glazing business and he just broke the windows for him?

:green: sounds familiar to me too. This was not a specific plot-point, but rather character setup.

These are some of the movies I've seen in the recent past that it could be: Nightcrawler, The Drop, Black Sea. Could it be any of those?


No, neither of those, it MIGHT be a tv show. The kid just walks nonchelantly breaking windows in a small town (kind of like the one in Pleasentville)

Could it be "Fargo"? Maybe Oliver Platt's or Billy Bob's character remembering something like that?


Nope, it's from something I saw in the last week

Wasn't it in American Hustle or something? Childhood memory of one of the characters?

Just verified it's indeed from American Hustle. It's the introduction story to Christian Bale's character, right at the beginning of the film:

Backstory from Abscam wrote:
The real Rosenfeld is a much simpler con man named Melvin Weinberg, who grew up in the Bronx and was indeed a convicted swindler who always wanted to make a quick buck. In the film, when he was a boy, Irving helped his father’s glass installation business by throwing rocks through storefront windows in order to drum up demand. But according to The Sting Man, Robert W. Greene’s telling of Weinberg’s story and the Abscam affair, Weinberg didn’t work for his father until after his first marriage, to a wife named Mary, who had three kids with him. And he was smashing windows because the glass business was heavily corrupt. Companies that bribed the union and cheated customers did well, and it was a union official who asked Weinberg to break the windows of storeowners who patronized nonunion glaziers. Russell’s invention is primal and direct, but Weinberg’s reality has an additional layer of cautionary irony. The corrupt union official’s name, by the way, was Irving.


:banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank you!

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 02:51 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
This is probably from around the 80s.
Young couple with a small kid. Some people kidnap the child and accidentally they also kill the mother. They try to stage it as a suicide and arrange the scene such that later investigation concludes that she killed her child by throwing him or her in a river or a lake or something. The father doesn't belive this, he starts his own investigation. Soon somebody joins in his efforts, probably a female journalist. There were chase scenes. The end of the movie is set in a house, I think, that's where everything is explained.
I think the guy had long hair, wore a black leather jacket, and/or a turtleneck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2015, 23:47 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Joined: 13 May 2008, 08:29
Posts: 36
Got another.
An old millionaire stipulates that the person who can inherit his fortune is the one who cries when he dies (probably at the funeral).
This happens to be a woman who is not related to him and is just there by accident. She had lost her cherished hat (not sure) and was crying over that.
It's approximately from before 1995.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group