The Race for Gold 2019

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
Message
Author
User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29737
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

The Race for Gold 2019

#1 Post by Batman » 02 Jan 2019, 02:13

This is a race to see who can watch the second most amount of movies in the cinema after Steel Frog in 2019. The current Gold Standard is 275 set by Esseff himself in 2018.

Rules (subject to change):
1. Only feature-length films seen in a theater can be counted (exception: a screening of multiple short films can be counted as one film)
2. Release year doesn't matter - old films, new films, they all count
3. Please post the movie title and the month you saw the movie (if different from the month of your post). When applicable, please specify if it was a repeat viewing (see #4 below), a sneak-in (see #5 below), and/or if you saw the 3D or IMAX version of the film. If you don't state otherwise, I'll assume it's not a repeat viewing or a sneak-in, and it was the regular, non-3D, non-IMAX version. You don't have to post any of the movie-specific details like run time, genre, etc. - I'll keep track of all that in my spreadsheet. But, feel free to add extra info if you prefer. As long as the info I need is included in the post, I have no preference on how the post is formatted. If you would like to keep a list of all your movies for the year, please maintain that list in one post, and include only updates in subsequent posts. It helps keep the thread tidy, and makes recording updates easier for me. Thanks!
4. A viewing counts as a repeat for any movie that you have already seen in the theater. If you have previously seen the movie on DVD, VHS, and/or TV, but this is the first time you've seen it in a theater, then that is not considered a repeat.
5. A film counts as a sneak-in if you sneak into the screening without paying for it. The following situations do not count as a sneak-in: paying for a cheaper ticket, but instead going to a more expensive screening; paying for 2D, but instead going to the 3D version; going to a screening using a festival pass, unlimited pass, or gift card; buying a ticket at the student price even though you graduated college years ago...basically this is meant to be a measure of sneakiness, not frugality.
6. Anyone can enter the race at any time. No purchase necessary.

Previous races:
2009
2010
2011
2012
2013
2014
2015
2016
2017
2018

This was plagiarized from a certain someone's previous threads. If she'd like to come and claim her birthright, she's more than welcome.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29737
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#2 Post by Batman » 02 Jan 2019, 02:16

29 total, 0 repeats.

January (4 total)
12 Jan 19 - The Favourite Cineworld
20 Jan 19 - Glass Cineworld
26 Jan 19 - Mary Queen of Scots Cineworld
27 Jan 19 - Vice Cineworld

February (3 total)
03 Feb 19 - Can You Ever Forgive Me? Cineworld
17 Feb 19 - The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part Cineworld
24 Feb 19 - Cold Pursuit Cineworld

March (2 total)
02 Mar 19 - Fighting with My Family Cineworld
09 Mar 19 - Captain Marvel (3D) Cineworld

April (5 total)
06 Apr 19 - Shazam! Cineworld
07 Apr 19 - Us Cineworld
14 Apr 19 - Hellboy Cineworld
21 Apr 19 - Fisherman’s Friends Arthouse
28 Apr 19 - Avengers: End Game (3D) Cineworld

May (4 total)
04 May 19 - Greta Arthouse
11 May 19 - Long Shot Cineworld
16 May 19 - Where Hands Touch Arthouse
19 May 19 - John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum Cineworld

June (2 total)
09 Jun 19 - X-Men: Dark Phoenix Cineworld
23 Jun 19 - Brightburn Cineworld

July (3 total)
07 Jul 19 - Spider-Man: Far From Home Cineworld
21 Jul 19 - Toy Story 4 Cineworld
28 Jul 19 - Yesterday Cineworld

August (3 total)
04 Aug 19 - Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw Cineworld
11 Aug 19 - Blinded by the Light Cineworld
25 Aug 19 - Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood Arthouse

September (3 total)
01 Sep 19 - Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Cineworld
04 Sep 19 - Ready or Not
16 Sep 19 - It Chapter Two Cineworld

October (0 total)

November (0 total)

December (0total)


* = repeat viewing
Last edited by Batman on 16 Sep 2019, 01:32, edited 28 times in total.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35060
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#3 Post by » 02 Jan 2019, 04:08

Batman wrote:
This was plagiarized from a certain someone's previous threads. If she'd like to come and claim her birthright, she's more than welcome.
Because this is a deeply important issue, I'd like to call your attention to the 2009 link in your post. As the godfather of this, my preferred pronoun is he.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50292
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#4 Post by knarf » 02 Jan 2019, 05:31

12

24 Jan - Glass
26 Jan - Aquaman
22 Feb - Alita: Battle Angel
24 Feb - They Shall Not Grow Old
17 Mar - Captain Marvel (IMAX)
17 Apr - Us
28 Apr - Avengers: Endgame (IMAX)
16 May - Shazam!
15 Jun - Godzilla: King of the Monsters
13 Jul - Spider-Man: Far from Home
29 Aug - Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood
15 Sep - It Chapter Two
"Hold on to your butts."

Image

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29737
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#5 Post by Batman » 02 Jan 2019, 07:31

A² wrote:
Batman wrote:
This was plagiarized from a certain someone's previous threads. If she'd like to come and claim her birthright, she's more than welcome.
Because this is a deeply important issue, I'd like to call your attention to the 2009 link in your post. As the godfather of this, my preferred pronoun is he.
My apologies. Even though I know you're a he, I like to think of you as a she because you've got a purdy mouth.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35060
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#6 Post by » 02 Jan 2019, 21:27

Batman wrote:
A² wrote:
Batman wrote:
This was plagiarized from a certain someone's previous threads. If she'd like to come and claim her birthright, she's more than welcome.
Because this is a deeply important issue, I'd like to call your attention to the 2009 link in your post. As the godfather of this, my preferred pronoun is he.
My apologies. Even though I know you're a he, I like to think of you as a she because you've got a purdy mouth.
That's nothing. You should hear me squeal like a pig.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
NoShoes
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
Posts: 18195
Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 19:41
Gender: Male

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#7 Post by NoShoes » 03 Jan 2019, 04:51

Films - 13 Cost - $134.90 3D - 0 Repeats - 1
2-16-19: The Favourite
2-16-19: BlacKkKlansman
2-16-19: Bohemian Rhapsody
2-23-19: Vice
2-23-19: Black Panther
2-23-19: A Star is Born (repeat)
2-23-19: Green Book
3-31-19: Us
5-19-19: Steel Magnolias
5-27-19: Avengers: Endgame
6-16-19: Field of Dreams
7-7-19: Spider-Man: Far from Home
9-6-19: It: Chapter 2
Last edited by NoShoes on 06 Sep 2019, 11:58, edited 9 times in total.
Summertime Fun

User avatar
redamin
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2431
Joined: 09 Aug 2013, 05:56

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#8 Post by redamin » 03 Jan 2019, 09:54

Total Films: 3 (repeats 0)

2/23/19 - The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
3/15/19 - Captain Marvel
4/25/19 - The Avengers: Endgame
Last edited by redamin on 29 Apr 2019, 05:54, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33511
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#9 Post by Steel Frog » 04 Jan 2019, 21:44

1(0)

It begins.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33511
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#10 Post by Steel Frog » 05 Jan 2019, 22:02

3(0)

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33511
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#11 Post by Steel Frog » 06 Jan 2019, 18:41

4(0)

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29737
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#12 Post by Batman » 13 Jan 2019, 02:02

Finally on the board.

1 total, 0 repeats.

12 Jan 19 - The Favourite Cineworld
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33511
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#13 Post by Steel Frog » 13 Jan 2019, 12:20

7(0)

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33511
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#14 Post by Steel Frog » 20 Jan 2019, 12:06

10(0)

January continues to be the toughest month in my world. I think. Lemme do some research.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33511
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#15 Post by Steel Frog » 20 Jan 2019, 12:12

Steel Frog wrote:10(0)

January continues to be the toughest month in my world. I think. Lemme do some research.
No. That's not true. Not by a long shot.

2008-2018 by month Avg # of films
January 17.0
February 15.4
March 17.0
April 17.9
May 16.9
June 14.6
July 16.9
August 17.5
September 19.3
October 19.9
November 19.9
December 16.0


Perhaps it just seems that way after loading the back end of the year with film ... but June is clearly my most problematic month of theater hopping.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33511
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#16 Post by Steel Frog » 20 Jan 2019, 21:58

12(0)

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29737
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#17 Post by Batman » 21 Jan 2019, 07:07

2 total, 0 repeats.

20 Jan 19 - Glass Cineworld
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50292
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#18 Post by knarf » 24 Jan 2019, 17:26

1

24 Jan - Glass
"Hold on to your butts."

Image

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50292
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#19 Post by knarf » 26 Jan 2019, 20:46

2

26 Jan - Aquaman
"Hold on to your butts."

Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33511
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#20 Post by Steel Frog » 26 Jan 2019, 21:40

16(0)

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29737
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#21 Post by Batman » 27 Jan 2019, 02:45

3 total, 0 repeats.

26 Jan 19 - Mary Queen of Scots Cineworld
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29737
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#22 Post by Batman » 27 Jan 2019, 11:53

4 total, 0 repeats.

27 Jan 19 - Vice Cineworld
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33511
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#23 Post by Steel Frog » 02 Feb 2019, 21:52

20(0)

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29737
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#24 Post by Batman » 03 Feb 2019, 12:13

5 total, 0 repeats.

03 Feb 19 - Can You Ever Forgive Me? Cineworld
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18810
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

Re: The Race for Gold 2019

#25 Post by Agrajag » 07 Feb 2019, 19:11

Finally on the board! (and ess eff already has 20...) :oops:

2 total, 0 repeats*, 1 sneak-in

2/6/19 - Free Solo
2/6/19 - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

Post Reply