FilmWise Forums
It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 05:13

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 13:55 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco
I think I saw a sign that said that Back to the Future was showing in theaters (at the Metreon, in particular) in San Francisco this Nov 23 & 25, but Google doesn't want to verify this for me.

Can someone help me find out if BttF is actually showing again in San Francisco and, if so, when and where? (And if it's actually at the Metreon on Nov 23 & 25, I'm still curious if it's showing at other San Francisco locations/dates, too.)

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 01:12 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29210
Location: Gotham's seedier side
alan smithee wrote:
I think I saw a sign that said that Back to the Future was showing in theaters (at the Metreon, in particular) in San Francisco this Nov 23 & 25, but Google doesn't want to verify this for me.

Can someone help me find out if BttF is actually showing again in San Francisco and, if so, when and where? (And if it's actually at the Metreon on Nov 23 & 25, I'm still curious if it's showing at other San Francisco locations/dates, too.)

It's showing at my local Cineworld right now. Sure the airfare will be a little costly, but not only will you get to see a few movies on the way, you'll also get free food on the plane.

I mean "free" "food".

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 03:00 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco
Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
I think I saw a sign that said that Back to the Future was showing in theaters (at the Metreon, in particular) in San Francisco this Nov 23 & 25, but Google doesn't want to verify this for me.

Can someone help me find out if BttF is actually showing again in San Francisco and, if so, when and where? (And if it's actually at the Metreon on Nov 23 & 25, I'm still curious if it's showing at other San Francisco locations/dates, too.)

It's showing at my local Cineworld right now. Sure the airfare will be a little costly, but not only will you get to see a few movies on the way, you'll also get free food on the plane.

I mean "free" "food".

"w" "d"

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 05:24 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29210
Location: Gotham's seedier side
alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
I think I saw a sign that said that Back to the Future was showing in theaters (at the Metreon, in particular) in San Francisco this Nov 23 & 25, but Google doesn't want to verify this for me.

Can someone help me find out if BttF is actually showing again in San Francisco and, if so, when and where? (And if it's actually at the Metreon on Nov 23 & 25, I'm still curious if it's showing at other San Francisco locations/dates, too.)

It's showing at my local Cineworld right now. Sure the airfare will be a little costly, but not only will you get to see a few movies on the way, you'll also get free food on the plane.

I mean "free" "food".

"w" "d"

"t" "y"

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 11:29 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco
Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
I think I saw a sign that said that Back to the Future was showing in theaters (at the Metreon, in particular) in San Francisco this Nov 23 & 25, but Google doesn't want to verify this for me.

Can someone help me find out if BttF is actually showing again in San Francisco and, if so, when and where? (And if it's actually at the Metreon on Nov 23 & 25, I'm still curious if it's showing at other San Francisco locations/dates, too.)

It's showing at my local Cineworld right now. Sure the airfare will be a little costly, but not only will you get to see a few movies on the way, you'll also get free food on the plane.

I mean "free" "food".

"w" "d"

"t" "y"

"n" "p"

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 16:41 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2005, 19:44
Posts: 1167
Location: Philadelphia, PA
alan smithee wrote:
I think I saw a sign that said that Back to the Future was showing in theaters (at the Metreon, in particular) in San Francisco this Nov 23 & 25, but Google doesn't want to verify this for me.

Can someone help me find out if BttF is actually showing again in San Francisco and, if so, when and where? (And if it's actually at the Metreon on Nov 23 & 25, I'm still curious if it's showing at other San Francisco locations/dates, too.)

I can (possibly) confirm this - they're rereleasing it in the US on October 23 & 25 (not November) - so that's probably what you heard.

There's more info here.

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 17:11 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco
Jimothy wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
I think I saw a sign that said that Back to the Future was showing in theaters (at the Metreon, in particular) in San Francisco this Nov 23 & 25, but Google doesn't want to verify this for me.

Can someone help me find out if BttF is actually showing again in San Francisco and, if so, when and where? (And if it's actually at the Metreon on Nov 23 & 25, I'm still curious if it's showing at other San Francisco locations/dates, too.)

I can (possibly) confirm this - they're rereleasing it in the US on October 23 & 25 (not November) - so that's probably what you heard.

There's more info here.

That looks like it. Thanks!

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 06:33 
Offline
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Posts: 12074
Location: You know, right here
Eric Stoltz Outtakes from Back to the Future

Not a lot to see, but interesting nonetheless

_________________
8 more months of school.....
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 07:25 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8012
Location: Over your shoulder
Sela wrote:
Eric Stoltz Outtakes from Back to the Future

Not a lot to see, but interesting nonetheless

:green: Alternate universe kinda stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 11:30 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco
spymeg wrote:
Sela wrote:
Eric Stoltz Outtakes from Back to the Future

Not a lot to see, but interesting nonetheless

:green:

:green: — nice find

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 13:56 
Offline
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Posts: 12074
Location: You know, right here
alan smithee wrote:
spymeg wrote:
Sela wrote:
Eric Stoltz Outtakes from Back to the Future

Not a lot to see, but interesting nonetheless

:green:

:green: — nice find

Its part of the soon-to-be-released Blu-Ray edition

_________________
8 more months of school.....
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 18:58 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco







_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 06:43 
Offline
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Posts: 12074
Location: You know, right here

_________________
8 more months of school.....
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 09:27 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: 21 Aug 2006, 05:31
Posts: 599
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 21:42 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco
dante wrote:
Image

Why would this be linear?

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 14:32 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18766
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Haven't had time to read/watch these clips but figured others might be interested in this

Back to the Future II's Futuristic World

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 15:05 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 21:08 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco
At least on DVD and Blu-ray (so ignoring VHS, LaserDisc, etc.) have there been any instances of the Back to the Future trilogy aside from these?

  • old DVD ver (out 17 Dec 02) {technically they released fixes to the panning (more or less) of parts 2 & 3}
  • new DVD ver (out 26 Oct 10)
  • new Blu-ray ver (out 26 Oct 10)

(In other words, are there exactly two BttF versions that just came out: one DVD and one Blu-ray?)

(Also: am I correct in assuming that the individual-movie versions are just subsets of these?)

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 23:40 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Posts: 10002
alan smithee wrote:
  • new DVD ver (out 26 Oct 10)
  • new Blu-ray ver (out 26 Oct 10)

They have should have waited until next Friday and coordinated the release with the 65th anniversary of the invention of the flux capacitor (which is after all what makes time travel possible).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 00:19 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco
Philip wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
  • new DVD ver (out 26 Oct 10)
  • new Blu-ray ver (out 26 Oct 10)

They have should have waited until next Friday and coordinated the release with the 65th anniversary of the invention of the flux capacitor (which is after all what makes time travel possible).

Indeed

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 22:15 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18766
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
alan smithee wrote:
At least on DVD and Blu-ray (so ignoring VHS, LaserDisc, etc.) have there been any instances of the Back to the Future trilogy aside from these?

  • old DVD ver (out 17 Dec 02) {technically they released fixes to the panning (more or less) of parts 2 & 3}
  • new DVD ver (out 26 Oct 10)
  • new Blu-ray ver (out 26 Oct 10)

(In other words, are there exactly two BttF versions that just came out: one DVD and one Blu-ray?)

(Also: am I correct in assuming that the individual-movie versions are just subsets of these?)

I own this one, released 25 Jan 05... I think I heard there was an earlier DVD trilogy set that had crappy film quality (P&S or something wrong)....

Not sure if that answers your question or not...

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2010, 11:08 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco
Agrajag wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
At least on DVD and Blu-ray (so ignoring VHS, LaserDisc, etc.) have there been any instances of the Back to the Future trilogy aside from these?

  • old DVD ver (out 17 Dec 02) {technically they released fixes to the panning (more or less) of parts 2 & 3}
  • new DVD ver (out 26 Oct 10)
  • new Blu-ray ver (out 26 Oct 10)

(In other words, are there exactly two BttF versions that just came out: one DVD and one Blu-ray?)

(Also: am I correct in assuming that the individual-movie versions are just subsets of these?)

I own this one, released 25 Jan 05... I think I heard there was an earlier DVD trilogy set that had crappy film quality (P&S or something wrong)....

I think that that is just the one that I mention that fixes the panning/framing problem on parts 2 & 3

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 18:10 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38432
Location: San Francisco
signs at Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 18:19 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 48922
Location: Rocket City
alan smithee wrote:

:lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Back to the Future"
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 20:10 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
knarf wrote:

Nice... and it appears the signholder is dressed as Doc.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group