Rules (subject to change):
1. Only feature-length films seen in a theater can be counted (exception: a screening of multiple short films can be counted as one film)
2. Release year doesn't matter - old films, new films, they all count
3. Please post the movie title and the month you saw the movie (if different from the month of your post). When applicable, please specify if it was a repeat viewing (see #4 below), a sneak-in (see #5 below), and/or if you saw the 3D or IMAX version of the film. If you don't state otherwise, I'll assume it's not a repeat viewing or a sneak-in, and it was the regular, non-3D, non-IMAX version. You don't have to post any of the movie-specific details like run time, genre, etc. - I'll keep track of all that in my spreadsheet. But, feel free to add extra info if you prefer. As long as the info I need is included in the post, I have no preference on how the post is formatted. Though, if you use a format which includes all of your movies for the year in every post, it's helpful to me if you draw attention to the updates somehow (a different font color, different font size, or something like that).
4. A viewing counts as a repeat for any movie that you have already seen in the theater. If you have previously seen the movie on DVD, VHS, and/or TV, but this is the first time you've seen it in a theater, then that is not considered a repeat.
5. A film counts as a sneak-in if you sneak into the screening without paying for it. The following situations do not count as a sneak-in: paying for a cheaper ticket, but instead going to a more expensive screening; paying for 2D, but instead going to the 3D version; going to a screening using a festival pass, unlimited pass, or gift card; buying a ticket at the student price even though you graduated college years ago...basically this is meant to be a measure of sneakiness, not frugality.
6. Anyone can enter the race at any time. No purchase necessary.
2011 Leader Board (as of 11/30/11)
FilmWiser Movies* Repeats Sneak-ins 3D Steel Frog 207 2 108 36 Batman 120 1 1 10 DrG 112 8 0 18 tedder 108 7 0 18 Agrajag 70 1 29 6 A² 63 5 13 7 Mazer 41 2 5 2 Sugarpuss 37 2 4 1 knarf 27 3 0 0 Scruluce 22 0 0 2 Sela 20 0 0 1 Daft Wullie 15 0 0 0 lazybutt16 13 4 1 0 BubbyChubs 13 0 0 3 bratzks 11 0 0 0 alan smithee 10 0 1 2 NoShoes 6 0 0 0 sldawgs 6 0 0 0 Nunis 4 0 0 0 Jimothy 1 0 0 0
*not including repeats