The Avengers - Spoilers

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

The Avengers - Spoilers

#1 Post by Gren » 15 May 2012, 12:42

Okay, I've seen The Avengers twice now but I still can't answer these questions, and as nobody else is asking them I assume I'm just being thick:

1. What exactly was Loki's plan in getting captured and taken to the airship? Stark says that he'll want to fight them all in public but surely they would have just come to him anyway if he'd gone straight to New York and opened the portal.

2. If Banner has the Hulk under such control as he demonstrates in the final battle, why does he lose control and run amok on the airship?
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: The Avengers - Spoilers

#2 Post by Scruluce » 15 May 2012, 12:51

1. Um, to make the film last longer? I dunno.

2. I suspect Loki had a hand in that. Everyone became much more agitated just before Hawkeye started his attack. They had disagreements prior to that point, but it seemed like Loki had turned up the heat to bring things to a boiling point (via magic or what-have-you).

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#3 Post by knarf » 15 May 2012, 12:58

Scruluce wrote:1. Um, to make the film last longer? I dunno.

2. I suspect Loki had a hand in that. Everyone became much more agitated just before Hawkeye started his attack. They had disagreements prior to that point, but it seemed like Loki had turned up the heat to bring things to a boiling point (via magic or what-have-you).
#2 answers #1.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#4 Post by Gren » 16 May 2012, 01:40

knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:1. Um, to make the film last longer? I dunno.

#2 answers #1.
So he was hoping that Hulk would kill all the others?
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#5 Post by Batman » 16 May 2012, 03:07

Hawkeye told Loki he needed a distraction in order to steal the iridium. I'm not sure why Loki thought getting captured was a necessity, unless he knew through his control of Hawkeye that they would be getting Bruce Banner/Hulk on board an airship and he had to be there to cause adequate internal strife to destroy his only possible challengers.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#6 Post by » 16 May 2012, 03:26

Batman wrote:Hawkeye told Loki he needed a distraction in order to steal the iridium. I'm not sure why Loki thought getting captured was a necessity, unless he knew through his control of Hawkeye that they would be getting Bruce Banner/Hulk on board an airship and he had to be there to cause adequate internal strife to destroy his only possible challengers.
I thought Hawkeye told Loki he needed a distraction and an eye, leading to the scene in Stuttgart.
The :) means it's all ok.

Batman

#7 Post by Batman » 16 May 2012, 03:52

A² wrote:
Batman wrote:Hawkeye told Loki he needed a distraction in order to steal the iridium. I'm not sure why Loki thought getting captured was a necessity, unless he knew through his control of Hawkeye that they would be getting Bruce Banner/Hulk on board an airship and he had to be there to cause adequate internal strife to destroy his only possible challengers.
I thought Hawkeye told Loki he needed a distraction and an eye, leading to the scene in Stuttgart.
Correct. That's when Loki was captured. I don't think this was the strongest part of the plot. After all, how fast can SHIELD move its helicarrier? If I was Loki and wanted to plan a distraction, I'd plan on showing up in some far-flung places, constantly moving to tie up Shield without actually ever engaging them.

justdrewit
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#8 Post by justdrewit » 16 May 2012, 09:11

Batman wrote:
A² wrote:
Correct. That's when Loki was captured. I don't think this was the strongest part of the plot. After all, how fast can SHIELD move its helicarrier? If I was Loki and wanted to plan a distraction, I'd plan on showing up in some far-flung places, constantly moving to tie up Shield without actually ever engaging them.
I assumed Loki was captured so that Hawkeye could locate him and the airship, since it was invisible to the naked eye. Thus the eye reference worked two ways.
Man, what is happenin'? Long time, no see.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#9 Post by Odd Todd » 16 May 2012, 10:10

justdrewit wrote:
Batman wrote:
A² wrote:
I assumed Loki was captured so that Hawkeye could locate him and the airship, since it was invisible to the naked eye. Thus the eye reference worked two ways.
Yeah I did not get why they needed that hunk of metal that they got after removing that guys eye.
But I dio agree that Loki's plan for Hulk was what caused him to be so uncontrollable... something to do with his staff that Banner unconciously grabbed for.
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

#10 Post by » 16 May 2012, 12:46

Odd Todd wrote:
justdrewit wrote:
Batman wrote:
A² wrote:
Yeah I did not get why they needed that hunk of metal that they got after removing that guys eye.
But I dio agree that Loki's plan for Hulk was what caused him to be so uncontrollable... something to do with his staff that Banner unconciously grabbed for.
The hunk of metal helped make the contraption on the roof of Stark tower

Batman

#11 Post by Batman » 16 May 2012, 13:12

A² wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
justdrewit wrote:
Batman wrote:
A² wrote:
The hunk of metal helped make the contraption on the roof of Stark tower
:green: It enabled them to stabilize the portal so it wouldn't collapse.

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#12 Post by knarf » 17 May 2012, 20:34

if-male-superheroes-posed-like-the-females.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#13 Post by Steel Frog » 17 May 2012, 21:29

Fannytastic!

#14 Post by » 18 May 2012, 04:16

knarf wrote:
This belongs in the sexist girls thread

spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#15 Post by spivey » 21 May 2012, 17:07

knarf wrote:
:lol:
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#16 Post by snotball » 12 Sep 2012, 10:39

Sort of Avengers related (Shwarma wise)

Bad dates