FilmWise Forums
It is currently 21 May 2018, 06:46

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 23 May 2013, 05:35 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18723
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Thought we had a thread to identify movies based on limited information, but didn't find it

Coworker gave me this "description" and I figured if anyone could help, it'd be FW!

She remembers the lead male being olive skinned, having an accent and being hot. She thinks perhaps he was Greek. It's a love story where he and the lead female can't be together because she thinks their families are feuding. She remembers a scene where he's on a boat (think little shitty one; not a yacht) and he invites her onto it. The first time he asks, she says no. Second time, she says screw it and goes. She thinks there was a scene where they swam together. It's definitely not in the US. She thinks he's definitely European (she remembers the sea and houses up on hills on the shore) and she might be American (not sure).

She's been trying to figure this out for 2 days so far... Hopefully someone here has seen it!

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 23 May 2013, 05:52 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8011
Location: Over your shoulder
Agrajag wrote:
Thought we had a thread to identify movies based on limited information, but didn't find it

Coworker gave me this "description" and I figured if anyone could help, it'd be FW!

She remembers the lead male being olive skinned, having an accent and being hot. She thinks perhaps he was Greek. It's a love story where he and the lead female can't be together because she thinks their families are feuding. She remembers a scene where he's on a boat (think little shitty one; not a yacht) and he invites her onto it. The first time he asks, she says no. Second time, she says screw it and goes. She thinks there was a scene where they swam together. It's definitely not in the US. She thinks he's definitely European (she remembers the sea and houses up on hills on the shore) and she might be American (not sure).

She's been trying to figure this out for 2 days so far... Hopefully someone here has seen it!

Isn't there something like that in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? When the girl is in Positano and falls in love with the boy from the family that her family hates? I think he's a fisherman or something and she goes on his boat, and I think they swim together. I'm probably the only one who's seen that movie. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 23 May 2013, 05:59 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8011
Location: Over your shoulder
Hot foreigner, white chic, boat, houses on hills and I'm pretty sure they go swimming
Attachment:
images.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 23 May 2013, 06:07 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28818
Location: Gotham's seedier side
It can't be Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. Agra would have guessed that right away.

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 23 May 2013, 06:21 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8011
Location: Over your shoulder
Batman wrote:
It can't be Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. Agra would have guessed that right away.

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 23 May 2013, 06:53 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18723
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Batman wrote:
It can't be Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. Agra would have guessed that right away.

Shows how much YOU know. I never saw the first one.... Only the sequel (which honestly crossed my mind, but I didn't remember a scene like this, since I guess they were already in love by that point)

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 23 May 2013, 06:54 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18723
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
spymeg wrote:
Hot foreigner, white chic, boat, houses on hills and I'm pretty sure they go swimming
Attachment:
images.jpg

Excellent work spymeg! Thank you!

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 23 May 2013, 08:05 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8011
Location: Over your shoulder
Agrajag wrote:
spymeg wrote:
Hot foreigner, white chic, boat, houses on hills and I'm pretty sure they go swimming
Attachment:
images.jpg

Excellent work spymeg! Thank you!

NP


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 09:09 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18723
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Got another movie to identify for you (this time a lot less information to go on).

Friend remembers a movie where a guy beats on his chest with his hands (just a light drum beat, not pounding it like Tarzan) and he sings "I'm nice!" over and over again.

Google didn't produce any results. Any of you recognize the film?

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 09:41 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13751
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
Are we sure he isn't thinking of Matthew McConaughey in Wolf of Wall Street?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 09:52 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18723
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Scruluce wrote:
Are we sure he isn't thinking of Matthew McConaughey in Wolf of Wall Street?

Haven't seen the movie yet so I'm not sure but I shall ask!

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 10:59 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18723
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Agrajag wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Are we sure he isn't thinking of Matthew McConaughey in Wolf of Wall Street?

Haven't seen the movie yet so I'm not sure but I shall ask!

It is not the McConaughey bit

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2014, 14:42 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Agrajag wrote:
Got another movie to identify for you (this time a lot less information to go on).

Friend remembers a movie where a guy beats on his chest with his hands (just a light drum beat, not pounding it like Tarzan) and he sings "I'm nice!" over and over again.

Google didn't produce any results. Any of you recognize the film?


Sounds like a home movie.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2014, 16:51 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18723
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
JJ wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Got another movie to identify for you (this time a lot less information to go on).

Friend remembers a movie where a guy beats on his chest with his hands (just a light drum beat, not pounding it like Tarzan) and he sings "I'm nice!" over and over again.

Google didn't produce any results. Any of you recognize the film?


Sounds like a home movie.

Strangely enough another coworker says it sounds familiar too!

Last clue, they think it might be Eddie Murphy (so maybe a stand up special and not a movie)?

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What movie is this?
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2015, 05:09 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Bowfinger?

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Middle and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group