FilmWise Forums
It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 03:46

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2015, 16:55 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Scruluce wrote:
...but the ping pong paddle wasn't theirs. they never actually created a box at the first house (prior to Em leaving in the group of four

...and the oven mitt wasn't Beth and Lee's. It was in the box their group found.
...and the stapler wasn't Hugh and Amir's.
...and the napkin wasn't Mike's.

The coaster was all of theirs. No one said, "Hey, haven't we done this before?" At this point they are all mixed up anyway.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2015, 00:03 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Filmwise needs more threads like this. This is excellent and reminiscent of the filmwise I remember from years ago. Admittedly, I could be recollecting through rose-tinted glasses. Maybe this place was always 95% crap, but I feel like discussions like this are worth 100s of threads like milestones, song lyrics, whatever goes on in quizwise, etc.

"We need to keep rocking and rolling, making better threads. People make these threads, and some times they're considered filthy by some people. I don't think that's true. These threads we make, they can be better. They can help, they really can. I mean that. We can always do better. I'm gonna keep trying if you guys keep trying. Let's keep rocking and rolling, man."

:green:

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2015, 01:37 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
sldawgs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
...but the ping pong paddle wasn't theirs. they never actually created a box at the first house (prior to Em leaving in the group of four

...and the oven mitt wasn't Beth and Lee's. It was in the box their group found.
...and the stapler wasn't Hugh and Amir's.
...and the napkin wasn't Mike's.

The coaster was all of theirs. No one said, "Hey, haven't we done this before?" At this point they are all mixed up anyway.

I'm not sure we can state that all of the other items were from "found" boxes.

At least one house had the idea to do this in the first place, so it is likely that multiple houses had this idea, just not all of them (re: note to borrow phone).

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2015, 04:35 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Middle wrote:
A² wrote:
Filmwise needs more threads like this. This is excellent and reminiscent of the filmwise I remember from years ago. Admittedly, I could be recollecting through rose-tinted glasses. Maybe this place was always 95% crap, but I feel like discussions like this are worth 100s of threads like milestones, song lyrics, whatever goes on in quizwise, etc.

"We need to keep rocking and rolling, making better threads. People make these threads, and some times they're considered filthy by some people. I don't think that's true. These threads we make, they can be better. They can help, they really can. I mean that. We can always do better. I'm gonna keep trying if you guys keep trying. Let's keep rocking and rolling, man."

:green:

I agree with every word. Sorry. I mean :green:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2015, 09:10 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Okay so I have finally seen to join in. I love how everyone is talking about it A2 couldn't be more right. We need more like this. As for the ending I completely agree with dawg. The phone call he receives from the other Em is her telling him that she made him and she was attacked by someone.
Mike has the most interesting story though. When he gets attacked by himself and afterwards em sees two of him tied up together. This is where we really see how many alternate realities there are

My favourite WTF moment was Hugh and Amir returning half way through as the originals and you truly realise how messed up everything has become.

From what I could see they explain it really well with the darkness roulette wheel. Great film. And I love how the writer of this is now writing Fraggle Rock the movie :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2015, 10:46 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

FWIW, my two cents

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2015, 11:30 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Steel Frog wrote:

:green: really enjoyed this.

also, I think I need to watch this at least 2-3 more times.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 05:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

It helps. I've watched it about 4 times so far, and each time I catch different things. Such a cool movie.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 10:41 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

spymeg wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

It helps. I've watched it about 4 times so far, and each time I catch different things. Such a cool movie.

I'm only one viewing behind you... or maybe on par with you... I still need to watch it 2-3 more times :roll: