Tom Cruise is Crazy

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
Message
Author
User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39408
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#301 Post by alan smithee » 18 Apr 2006, 16:06

JJ wrote:You write your own line.
Image
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13709
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

#302 Post by Odd Todd » 18 Apr 2006, 16:12

Apprently she just popped... hooray. :roll:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#303 Post by JJ » 18 Apr 2006, 17:21

Odd Todd wrote:Apprently she just popped...
I originally read this last word with two p's and o's apiece.
La la la la la.

User avatar
Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5898
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Gender: Female
Location: a furry little Don Quixote

#304 Post by Buckykatt » 18 Apr 2006, 17:35

Won't you let me take you on a.....Suri Cruise????

User avatar
Sugarpuss O'Shea
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7528
Joined: 13 May 2002, 16:00
Gender: Female

#305 Post by Sugarpuss O'Shea » 18 Apr 2006, 18:51

JJ wrote:
newz wrote:Cruise, Holmes Have Baby Girl Named Suri

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer 9 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - The Tomkitten has arrived.
Tom Cruise and
Katie Holmes, the high-profile pair dubbed TomKat by the media, had a baby girl Tuesday, said Cruise spokesman Arnold Robinson. The baby, named Suri, weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and measured 20 inches long, he said.

"Both mother and daughter are doing well," Robinson said in a prepared statement.
"Father is a loon," Robinson continued.

No word on whether the baby had a fringe on top.
:lol:
You see, Hopsi, you don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you probably think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39408
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#306 Post by alan smithee » 18 Apr 2006, 18:55

To paraphrase another FWer: I am serious. And don't call me Suri.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#307 Post by JJ » 18 Apr 2006, 19:18

9 months later, you're naming the kid Suri...IN FRONT OF IRA!
La la la la la.

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29894
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

#308 Post by Batman » 18 Apr 2006, 23:43

JJ wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:Apprently she just popped...
I originally read this last word with two p's and o's apiece.
Odd Todd: Two P's?
JJ: One P. P-O-O-P-E-D.
Odd Todd: That's two.
JJ: Yeah, but not right next to each other. I thought that's what you meant.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39408
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#309 Post by alan smithee » 18 Apr 2006, 23:45

Batman wrote:
JJ wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:Apprently she just popped...
I originally read this last word with two p's and o's apiece.
Odd Todd: Two P's?
JJ: One P. P-O-O-P-E-D.
Odd Todd: That's two.
JJ: Yeah, but not right next to each other. I thought that's what you meant.
elephant books
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7567
Joined: 19 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Cowtown
Contact:

#310 Post by kinggrl » 19 Apr 2006, 03:28

JJ wrote:9 months later, you're naming the kid Suri...IN FRONT OF IRA!
:lol: Exactly what I thought of.

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6193
Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 13:48
Gender: Male
Location: The Balcony
Contact:

#311 Post by DrG » 19 Apr 2006, 05:01

Awww ... a girl named Suri. It's not that bad a name. Could have been worse, I guess :?

I want to know all the details of the birth - exactly how painful it was and how many times Katie punched Tom in the neck when he told her to be quiet :roll:
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

User avatar
kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7567
Joined: 19 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Cowtown
Contact:

#312 Post by kinggrl » 19 Apr 2006, 07:12

Image

User avatar
Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4941
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 22:42
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

#313 Post by Mazer » 19 Apr 2006, 09:11

Yeah, I'm kind of intrigued to know how that worked out for her.

However, on the other hand, I might be more sickened by actual press coverage of that issue than I was by the concept to begin with.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#314 Post by JJ » 19 Apr 2006, 09:25

How did I forget? Our actual anger should be directed at the term "Tomkitten."
La la la la la.

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#315 Post by snotball » 19 Apr 2006, 11:30

With crazy Tom as her father, I really pity her Suri ass.
Last edited by snotball on 19 Apr 2006, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
Bad dates

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33573
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

#316 Post by Steel Frog » 19 Apr 2006, 12:25

snotball wrote:With crazy Tom as her father, I really pity her Suri ass.
Image
Suri ass...come out to play-ayyyyyyy.

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6193
Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 13:48
Gender: Male
Location: The Balcony
Contact:

#317 Post by DrG » 19 Apr 2006, 13:36

snotball wrote:With crazy Tom as her father, I really pity her Suri ass.
:drum:
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

bing
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt
Posts: 14573
Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Gender: Male
Location: Harlem rock city
Contact:

#318 Post by bing » 20 Apr 2006, 06:00

Gawker points out that Tom Cruise was born in Syracuse. Is Suri Cruise an unfortunate coincidence or an unfortunate intentionality?

User avatar
Toto le Héros
FilmWise with Cheese
FilmWise with Cheese
Posts: 11600
Joined: 13 Jan 2003, 16:27
Gender: Male
Location: Paris, France, Europe, Earth.

#319 Post by Toto le Héros » 20 Apr 2006, 06:56

bing wrote:Gawker points out that Tom Cruise was born in Syracuse. Is Suri Cruise an unfortunate coincidence or an unfortunate intentionality?
Well Miss Suri could have been named after another place... :roll:

VoteforPedro
Director
Director
Posts: 909
Joined: 19 Feb 2005, 23:45
Gender: Male
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

#320 Post by VoteforPedro » 20 Apr 2006, 07:22

Am I the only one who hopes Katie has unbearable Post-Partum Depression and that Tom tries to heal her with Scientology which doesn't work (surprise!) and she winds up going absolutely ape-shit, rips Tom's intestines out through his anus and eats them? Then Tom has to formally apologize to Matt Lauer and Brooke Shields while they pump Ritalin into Tom's colostomy bag (all of which is taking place on the Today Show on Meredith Vieira's first day)? Hmm? Just me?

Sorry about that. There's only 23 days of school left. Then I will be able to function as a human being again.
"Do you think people will vote for me?"
"Heck Yes! I'd vote for you."

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33573
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

#321 Post by Steel Frog » 20 Apr 2006, 08:06

VoteforPedro wrote:Am I the only one who hopes Katie has unbearable Post-Partum Depression and that Tom tries to heal her with Scientology which doesn't work (surprise!) and she winds up going absolutely ape-shit, rips Tom's intestines out through his anus and eats them? Then Tom has to formally apologize to Matt Lauer and Brooke Shields while they pump Ritalin into Tom's colostomy bag (all of which is taking place on the Today Show on Meredith Vieira's first day)? Hmm? Just me?

Sorry about that. There's only 23 days of school left. Then I will be able to function as a human being again.
I don't wish them any evil...I enjoy both of them, as actors. I don't enjoy anything they do off-screen. It would be nice if their news was confined to their acting careers.

Dbed34
Key Grip
Key Grip
Posts: 114
Joined: 19 Apr 2006, 22:14
Gender: Male
Location: Be back in 5 mins.

#322 Post by Dbed34 » 20 Apr 2006, 09:20

I agree with Steel Frog 100%.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#323 Post by JJ » 20 Apr 2006, 10:04

Toto le Héros wrote:
bing wrote:Gawker points out that Tom Cruise was born in Syracuse. Is Suri Cruise an unfortunate coincidence or an unfortunate intentionality?
Well Miss Suri could have been named after another place... :roll:
Miss Suri loves company.
La la la la la.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33573
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

#324 Post by Steel Frog » 20 Apr 2006, 10:20

JJ wrote:
Toto le Héros wrote:
bing wrote:Gawker points out that Tom Cruise was born in Syracuse. Is Suri Cruise an unfortunate coincidence or an unfortunate intentionality?
Well Miss Suri could have been named after another place... :roll:
Miss Suri loves company.
I don't believe that; you'll have to show me.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#325 Post by JJ » 20 Apr 2006, 11:04

Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:
Toto le Héros wrote:
bing wrote:Gawker points out that Tom Cruise was born in Syracuse. Is Suri Cruise an unfortunate coincidence or an unfortunate intentionality?
Well Miss Suri could have been named after another place... :roll:
Miss Suri loves company.
I don't believe that; you'll have to show me.
kinggrl loves Miss Suri.

And the thread has come full circle. FilmWise gets the square.
La la la la la.

Post Reply