Tom Cruise is Crazy

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#326 Post by DrG » 20 Apr 2006, 11:08

Steel Frog wrote:
VoteforPedro wrote:Am I the only one who hopes Katie has unbearable Post-Partum Depression and that Tom tries to heal her with Scientology which doesn't work (surprise!) and she winds up going absolutely ape-shit, rips Tom's intestines out through his anus and eats them? Then Tom has to formally apologize to Matt Lauer and Brooke Shields while they pump Ritalin into Tom's colostomy bag (all of which is taking place on the Today Show on Meredith Vieira's first day)? Hmm? Just me?

Sorry about that. There's only 23 days of school left. Then I will be able to function as a human being again.
I don't wish them any evil...I enjoy both of them, as actors. I don't enjoy anything they do off-screen. It would be nice if their news was confined to their acting careers.
While I don't wish ill of anyone, I think everyone would smirk a little if Katie did have a touch of post-natal blues.

Oh, and according to the Sun, she had an epidural. :roll:
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#327 Post by alan smithee » 20 Apr 2006, 11:09

JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:
Toto le Héros wrote:
bing wrote:Gawker points out that Tom Cruise was born in Syracuse. Is Suri Cruise an unfortunate coincidence or an unfortunate intentionality?
Well Miss Suri could have been named after another place... :roll:
Miss Suri loves company.
I don't believe that; you'll have to show me.
kinggrl loves Miss Suri.

And the thread has come full circle. FilmWise gets the square.
:lol:
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#328 Post by JJ » 20 Apr 2006, 11:13

DrG wrote:Oh, and according to the Sun, she had an epidural. :roll:
pussy
La la la la la.

alan smithee

#329 Post by alan smithee » 20 Apr 2006, 11:16

JJ wrote:
pussy
I'm pretty sure those actually go in through the back.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#330 Post by JJ » 20 Apr 2006, 11:17

alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
pussy
:lol: I was wondering what the first comment to this was going to be. wd
La la la la la.

alan smithee

#331 Post by alan smithee » 20 Apr 2006, 11:23

JJ wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
pussy
:lol: I was wondering what the first comment to this was going to be. wd
alan smithee wrote:I'm pretty sure those actually go in through the back.
& ty

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#332 Post by sldawgs » 20 Apr 2006, 11:31

Name of Cruise's new baby a hot talking point in Israel

By STEVE WEIZMAN
Associated Press

JERUSALEM — Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' choice of a Hebrew-flavored name for their newborn daughter has speakers of the language scratching their heads.

Baby Suri's name can be traced to a Hebrew word meaning "princess" or "noblewoman," but by such a circuitous route that the connection is lost on most Israelis. Since the birth Tuesday in Los Angeles, bemused Israeli TV and radio presenters have debated the word's origins.

"Nobody here has ever really heard of it," an announcer on Israel's Army Radio said during a discussion Thursday. The Yediot Ahronot newspaper agreed in its half-page splash on the celebrity birth.

"We seem to have learned a new Hebrew word — and from Tom Cruise, no less," said a Channel 2 TV anchorman.

Cruise's publicist said Tuesday the name has its origins in Hebrew meaning "princess" or in Persian meaning "red rose."

Avshalom Koor, who has for years presented TV and radio spots on the intricacies of Hebrew, said Suri was a derivation of Sarah — the name of Biblical patriarch Abraham's wife — as pronounced by some Central European Jews.

"Suri is a pet name for Sarah," Koor told Army Radio. "The Ashkenazi (Jews) of Poland and Hungary pronounce it Suri."

In ancient Hebrew, Sarah is the feminine form of "Sar," or lord. In modern Hebrew, the word means a Cabinet Minister.

Koor suggested a far better known but no less majestic name, noting the baby was born during the Passover holiday, which commemorates the escape of the ancient Israelites from bondage in Egypt.

"You could call her Geula (redemption)," he said.
You know it's bad when even the Isrealis are saying WTF!?
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#333 Post by snotball » 20 Apr 2006, 12:20

sldawgs wrote:You know it's bad when even the Isrealis are saying WTF!?
Is it?
Bad dates

kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#334 Post by kinggrl » 20 Apr 2006, 12:21

JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:
Toto le Héros wrote:
bing wrote:Gawker points out that Tom Cruise was born in Syracuse. Is Suri Cruise an unfortunate coincidence or an unfortunate intentionality?
Miss Suri loves company.
kinggrl loves Miss Suri.

:slow clap:

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#335 Post by Batman » 20 Apr 2006, 13:13

kinggrl wrote:
JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:
Toto le Héros wrote:
Miss Suri loves company.
kinggrl loves Miss Suri.

:slow clap:
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#336 Post by Gren » 20 Apr 2006, 14:51

snotball wrote:
sldawgs wrote:You know it's bad when even the Isrealis are saying WTF!?
Is it?
I think this is what we refer to at work as "an HR incident".
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#337 Post by Nunis » 22 Aug 2006, 23:18

Ha!
Tom Cruise and Paramount end production deal

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Paramount Pictures and actor Tom Cruise called an end to their 14-year production deal on Wednesday as the chairman of the studio's parent company took a parting shot at the movie star's off-screen behaviour.

"As much as we like him personally, we thought it was wrong to renew his deal," Viacom Inc. Chairman Sumner Redstone told the Wall Street Journal in an interview posted online. "His recent conduct has not been acceptable to Paramount."

Paula Wagner, the actor's longtime partner in his movie company, Cruise/Wagner Productions, struck back at Redstone, calling his comments about the three-time Oscar nominee "offensive" and "undignified."

"Whatever remarks Mr. Redstone would make about Tom Cruise personally or as an actor have no bearing on what this business issue is," she told Reuters. "There must be another agenda that the studio has in mind to take one of their greatest assets and malign him this way."

Five films starring Cruise and co-produced by his company, including the "Mission: Impossible" series, have generated theatrical revenues totalling over $2 billion (1 billion pounds) worldwide during the past decade. And Wagner said his films accounted for about 15 percent of the studio's overall box office gross over that period.

Moreover, Wagner insisted that she and Cruise chose to leave the Paramount lot and establish a new venture financed through a private, revolving equity fund of $100 million.

"We in fact made a decision not to continue our relationship with Paramount Pictures," she said.

Viacom and Paramount executives declined further comment on the situation.

The war of words between Redstone and Wagner marked a bitter end to one of the most lucrative production alliances between a major Hollywood studio and an A-list star.

STAR POWER DIMMED

And it followed other signs that Cruise's stature had been damaged by a string of publicity faux pas ranging from his manic, couch-hopping profession of love for actress Katie Holmes last year on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" to his strident denunciations of psychiatry.

Although Cruise recently topped Forbes magazine's annual list of the world's 100 most powerful celebrities, his latest film, "Mission: Impossible III," opened in May to lower-than-expected ticket sales.

Days later a USA Today/Gallup poll found that Cruise's star power had dimmed considerably in the eyes of the public, with more than half of those surveyed registering an "unfavourable" opinion of the actor.

Many cited his off-screen behaviour during the past year, including his intense public discussions of his faith in Scientology and his blunt criticism of actress Brooke Shields for taking medication to treat postpartum depression.

Cruise also became the butt of jokes, and a frequent target of tabloid gossip, for his high-profile romance with the much younger Holmes, who recently gave birth to Cruise's first biological child, a daughter named Suri.

Last month, the Los Angeles Times reported that Paramount Chairman Brad Grey was in talks with Cruise/Wagner seeking to slash the amount of money the studio pays for the production company -- from over $10 million to $2 million a year.

Wagner disputed those figures, and said the collapse in talks with Paramount did not stem from a disagreement over money but from an opportunity to go "in a new direction."

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#338 Post by snotball » 22 Aug 2006, 23:49

Nunis wrote:
"As much as we like him personally, we thought it was wrong to renew his deal," Viacom Inc. Chairman Sumner Redstone told the Wall Street Journal in an interview posted online. "His recent conduct has not been acceptable to Paramount."
Translation: "Cruise has been making an ass of himself which will probably result in a loss of a shitload of money for us. No hard feelings, Tom, but basically everything is about the money."
Bad dates

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#339 Post by sldawgs » 23 Aug 2006, 06:10

snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Translation: "Cruise has been making an ass of himself which will probably result in a loss of a shitload of money for us. No hard feelings, Tom, but basically everything is about the money."
Paramount wrote:SHOW ME THE MONEY!
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

VoteforPedro
Director
Director

#340 Post by VoteforPedro » 06 Sep 2006, 08:55

Seen these yet?

There'll be a 22-page spread in Vanity Fair, whom apparently paid NO money for the pictures. They were just the lucky ones who got the call.
"Do you think people will vote for me?"
"Heck Yes! I'd vote for you."

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#341 Post by Gren » 06 Sep 2006, 09:48

VoteforPedro wrote:Seen these yet?

There'll be a 22-page spread in Vanity Fair, whom apparently paid NO money for the pictures. They were just the lucky ones who got the call.
Yes, in the two other places you've posted them.
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

VoteforPedro
Director
Director

#342 Post by VoteforPedro » 06 Sep 2006, 09:58

I only posted it in one other place. I just accidentaly posted it there twice. So there.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#343 Post by Gren » 06 Sep 2006, 10:34

VoteforPedro wrote:I only posted it in one other place. I just accidentaly posted it there twice. So there.
So in two places then? :tongue:

Anyway, why is the pic rotoscoped?

He was glad to get it.

Vampz_xXx
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#344 Post by Vampz_xXx » 06 Sep 2006, 11:41

Does anyone else think it's rather convenient that these pictures of Suri, that the press have been after since she was born, have been released just after the bad press Tom Cruise got regarding the Paramount situation? :o

Maybe someone tried to do their own damage-control...
It's the start of something new...

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#345 Post by Agrajag » 06 Sep 2006, 15:28

Gren wrote:
VoteforPedro wrote:I only posted it in one other place. I just accidentaly posted it there twice. So there.
So in two places then? :tongue:

Anyway, why is the pic rotoscoped?
I didn't even notice that...
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

VoteforPedro
Director
Director

#346 Post by VoteforPedro » 06 Sep 2006, 18:30

Gren wrote: Anyway, why is the pic rotoscoped?
I think it's just a crappy copy of the picture. I saw them on the Today Show this morning and they didn't look like that.

what's that?
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#347 Post by what's that? » 07 Sep 2006, 00:56

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the baby looks asian?? I mean, with all the controversy about her pregnancy (or lack of) it seems to me that they just pretended, and them adopted one. I mean, perhaps Bat Shit Crazy sperm is still shooting blanks after all??!?....
'Quite mad is he who would adopt his way of thinking to please others'

'Hedonism is the new procreation'

what's that?
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#348 Post by what's that? » 07 Sep 2006, 00:56

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the baby looks asian?? I mean, with all the controversy about her pregnancy (or lack of) it seems to me that they just pretended, and then adopted one. I mean, perhaps Bat Shit Crazy sperm is still shooting blanks after all??!?....

Humphrey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#349 Post by Humphrey » 07 Sep 2006, 01:00

The composition is rather interesting as well. Look at how Cruise is holding the baby, pushing Holmes completely out of the picture, forcing her to crane her neck over his shoulder and show a rather unpleasant profile. The baby belongs to Cruise, and Holmes is lucky if she catches sight of the little blob. Wouldn't be surprised if Holmes had a tragic car accident the moment after the kid no longer needs her to feed on.
Surgeon General's Warning: Smoke contains benzol, formaldehyde, hydrogen-cyanide and nitrosamine.

what's that?
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#350 Post by what's that? » 07 Sep 2006, 01:19

Humphrey wrote:The composition is rather interesting as well. Look at how Cruise is holding the baby, pushing Holmes completely out of the picture, forcing her to crane her neck over his shoulder and show a rather unpleasant profile. The baby belongs to Cruise, and Holmes is lucky if she catches sight of the little blob. Wouldn't be surprised if Holmes had a tragic car accident the moment after the kid no longer needs her to feed on.