Tom Cruise is Crazy

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
SweetCatastrophe
Director
Director

#226 Post by SweetCatastrophe » 12 Jul 2005, 04:37

IMDB News wrote: But Alley, Preston and Travolta have leapt to the War Of The Worlds hunk's defense, by joining a group of doctors who are pushing for American authorities to put tougher warnings on prescription medication about their possible side-effects.
That's great. What I find really interesting is that whenever I get any prescription drugs, either the little stickers they put on the bottle or in the actual paperwork that comes with the drugs, side effects are always listed (as required by law). I used to take lithium, and I know for a fact my paperwork warned me about addiction and complacency (I paraphrase, of course), along with a slew of other problems...heartburn, nausea, etc.
Jake will be here until I feel more creative again.

Free iPod

Kfink
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#227 Post by Kfink » 12 Jul 2005, 05:19

SweetCatastrophe wrote:
IMDB News wrote: But Alley, Preston and Travolta have leapt to the War Of The Worlds hunk's defense, by joining a group of doctors who are pushing for American authorities to put tougher warnings on prescription medication about their possible side-effects.
That's great. What I find really interesting is that whenever I get any prescription drugs, either the little stickers they put on the bottle or in the actual paperwork that comes with the drugs, side effects are always listed (as required by law). I used to take lithium, and I know for a fact my paperwork warned me about addiction and complacency (I paraphrase, of course), along with a slew of other problems...heartburn, nausea, etc.
Mine are positively covered in stickers. Caution: May cause you to feel better. Here's what irks me about drugs...Hello stupid people making crystal meth...I HAVE A FUCKING STUFFY NOSE! I DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK TO MY PHARMACIST, I WANT TO BUY SOME FUCKING SUDAFED OFF THE FUCKING SHELF. Assclowns.

I love better living through chemistry, so Tom Cruise can suck my butt.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#228 Post by Nunis » 29 Mar 2006, 05:53

Holmes' silent labour

Tom Cruise's pregnant fiancee Katie Holmes is gearing up for the silent birth of her first child after Scientologists were spotted carrying signs into her home to remind her to keep quiet during labour.

Cruise, a renowned Scientologist, has convinced Holmes to follow the Scientology tradition of being silent while giving birth. To remind the Batman Begins actress to deal with the extreme pain of childbirth quietly, huge instructional placards were brought to the couple's Beverly Hills mansion. One of the signs read: "Be silent and make all physical movements slow and understandable".

Late Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard urged women to keep as quiet as possible during labour, stating that it is distressing for babies to hear their mother scream or groan when giving birth. Followers of the religion believe a mother's cries can cause psychic damage, which takes years of therapy to overcome.

Scientology doctrines also stress that 26-year-old Holmes will not be allowed painkillers and that newborns cannot be poked or prodded for medical tests or spoken to for seven days after birth.

Last year, Cruise attempted to appease outraged critics of the peculiar birthing method, insisting Holmes can make a little noise. He said, "there have been misinterpretations that the woman can't make any noise, and that's just not true, it's nutty." The superstar went on to say that Holmes should remain "calm and quiet" and that he wants her to be "as comfortable as possible".

He's a fucking nutcase.

Coco
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#229 Post by Coco » 29 Mar 2006, 06:23

Can we change this post to 'Tom Cruise is a Cock'
What, does he think you're a c**t?

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#230 Post by sldawgs » 29 Mar 2006, 06:36

Nunis wrote:
Followers of the religion believe a mother's cries can cause psychic damage, which takes years of therapy to overcome.
I thought they didn't believe in therapy?
Last edited by sldawgs on 26 Feb 2008, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

VoteforPedro
Director
Director

#231 Post by VoteforPedro » 29 Mar 2006, 07:28

sldawgs wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Followers of the religion believe a mother's cries can cause psychic damage, which takes years of therapy to overcome.
I thought they didn't beleive in therapy?
Yeah, that's why they don't want their kids to be traumatized at birth. Cause then there'd be no way to fix them. And they'd wind up doing silly things. I mean imagine all those therapists couches they'd wind up jumping on.
"Do you think people will vote for me?"
"Heck Yes! I'd vote for you."

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#232 Post by DrG » 29 Mar 2006, 08:53

Coco wrote:Can we change this post to 'Tom Cruise is a Cock'
That sounds very appropriate.

It would be interesting to know if scientologists would be allowed pain relief during labour had it's founder been female. Methinks that would have put a totally different spin on their ideas. :roll:

And not being able to talk to a baby for seven days after it's born? WTF? Doesn't a baby recognise it's parents by their voices?

Batshit crazy, the lot of 'em.
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

Toasty
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#233 Post by Toasty » 29 Mar 2006, 11:15

What's the over/under on a Scientology Waco happening in Hollywood now?
Elegant Violence

Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#234 Post by » 29 Mar 2006, 11:32

Scientology has too much money to fall victim to a waco.
The :) means it's all ok.

what's that?
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#235 Post by what's that? » 30 Mar 2006, 00:23

Fear not. Last night in my dream, Tom Cruise got shot in the face. :D

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#236 Post by JJ » 30 Mar 2006, 00:48

what's that? wrote:Fear not. Last night in my dream, Tom Cruise got shot in the face. :D
Presumably by Paul Newman?
La la la la la.

what's that?
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#237 Post by what's that? » 30 Mar 2006, 00:52

No. But Tom was sticking his nose in where it shouldn't have been!

Coco
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#238 Post by Coco » 30 Mar 2006, 01:36

what's that? wrote:No. But Tom was sticking his nose in where it shouldn't have been!
The barrell of a shot-gun?
What, does he think you're a c**t?

what's that?
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#239 Post by what's that? » 30 Mar 2006, 01:41

Coco wrote:
what's that? wrote:No. But Tom was sticking his nose in where it shouldn't have been!
The barrell of a shot-gun?
no again! a door that was bricked up. it was a really fun dream! and i almost got off with John Leguzamo whatever when the bloody alarm clock went off!!!

Anyway - Tom Cruise is d.e.d. dead.

#240 Post by » 30 Mar 2006, 06:28

what's that? wrote:Fear not. Last night in my dream, Tom Cruise got shot in the face. :D
He may have if Katie was out of town and he had his boyfriend over
The :) means it's all ok.

Toasty
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#241 Post by Toasty » 30 Mar 2006, 07:21

A2 wrote:
:whip:
Heh!

Oh, and just so you know....
What's the over/under on a Scientology Waco happening in Hollywood now?
This was meant as a joke, I wouldn't really expect a situation like that to happen with Chef and Travolta and Cruise/Holmes money... although, I might really like to see a black nike, purple coverlet situation overtake 'em.

(another joke... see?)
Elegant Violence

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#242 Post by DrG » 30 Mar 2006, 11:37

A2 wrote:
:rofl:

Image Image Image

what's that?
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#243 Post by what's that? » 06 Apr 2006, 01:29

weird

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#244 Post by DrG » 06 Apr 2006, 05:16

what's that? wrote:Image

weird
That is the strangest looking baby bump I have ever seen :o

Anyway, shouldn't she be meditating or something in preparation for giving birth in silence and in pain?

We were discussing this at work the other day - it's been a very well planned, from a publicity point of view. Katie and Tom get together - and they both have films to promote. Katie gets pregnant - helps to banish any rumours about their relationship. Katie drops sprog - Tom has a big new film to promote. Hmmm ...

Image Image Image

what's that?
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#245 Post by what's that? » 06 Apr 2006, 06:06

I heard today he bought her an adult size dummy, to keep her quiet during the birth. :roll:

I think they faked the whole thing, but he will adopt a baby (or steal one) and make out like it's theirs.

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#246 Post by sldawgs » 06 Apr 2006, 07:08

Maybe Angelina Jolie can hook him up with the right people to get a baby to adopt/steal
Image Image Image

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#247 Post by knarf » 06 Apr 2006, 08:37

what's that? wrote:Image

weird

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#248 Post by Steel Frog » 06 Apr 2006, 09:30

Nunis wrote:Holmes' silent labour

Tom Cruise's pregnant fiancee Katie Holmes is gearing up for the silent birth of her first child after Scientologists were spotted carrying signs into her home to remind her to keep quiet during labour.

Cruise, a renowned Scientologist, has convinced Holmes to follow the Scientology tradition of being silent while giving birth. To remind the Batman Begins actress to deal with the extreme pain of childbirth quietly, huge instructional placards were brought to the couple's Beverly Hills mansion. One of the signs read: "Be silent and make all physical movements slow and understandable".

Late Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard urged women to keep as quiet as possible during labour, stating that it is distressing for babies to hear their mother scream or groan when giving birth. Followers of the religion believe a mother's cries can cause psychic damage, which takes years of therapy to overcome.

Scientology doctrines also stress that 26-year-old Holmes will not be allowed painkillers and that newborns cannot be poked or prodded for medical tests or spoken to for seven days after birth.

Last year, Cruise attempted to appease outraged critics of the peculiar birthing method, insisting Holmes can make a little noise. He said, "there have been misinterpretations that the woman can't make any noise, and that's just not true, it's nutty." The superstar went on to say that Holmes should remain "calm and quiet" and that he wants her to be "as comfortable as possible".

He's a fucking nutcase.
Forgive me if you've seen this one. At least two radio stations today reported it as fact. This article suggests otherwise:

Tom Cruise To Silence Katie Holmes With Overgrown Binky?
by Tashi Singh
Apr 5, 2006

Scientologist extremist Tom Cruise has dismissed rumors that he has purchased an 'adult pacifier' in efforts to silence his fiancee Katie Holmes during labor, according to a published report.

The actress, who is due any day now, has agreed to obey strict Scientology rules and regulations when giving birth to her child, that means no crying, screaming, or making any kind of loud noises as women justifiably do, and Star magazine reportedly claims that Tom Cruise would assist her by supplying a device designed for her to bite on in order to prevent her from making any unwanted noises.

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#249 Post by sldawgs » 06 Apr 2006, 09:53

Steel Frog wrote:
Nunis wrote:Holmes' silent labour

He's a fucking nutcase.
Forgive me if you've seen this one. At least two radio stations today reported it as fact. This article suggests otherwise:

Tom Cruise To Silence Katie Holmes With Overgrown Binky?
by Tashi Singh
Apr 5, 2006

Scientologist extremist Tom Cruise has dismissed rumors that he has purchased an 'adult pacifier' in efforts to silence his fiancee Katie Holmes during labor, according to a published report.

The actress, who is due any day now, has agreed to obey strict Scientology rules and regulations when giving birth to her child, that means no crying, screaming, or making any kind of loud noises as women justifiably do, and Star magazine reportedly claims that Tom Cruise would assist her by supplying a device designed for her to bite on in order to prevent her from making any unwanted noises.
I think if Katie were to slowly strangle Tom for getting her into this we would all consider it "understandable"
Image Image Image

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#250 Post by Steel Frog » 06 Apr 2006, 09:59

Nunis wrote:Scientology doctrines also stress that 26-year-old Holmes will not be allowed painkillers and that newborns cannot be poked or prodded for medical tests or spoken to for seven days after birth.
Well, they seem to have an open door policy for assholes though don't they?