Page 1 of 3

Great Cameos and Crap-a-lama-ding-dong Cameos

Posted: 21 Jan 2006, 14:17
by Batman
I'm unsure of whether there has been a specific thread regarding this subject, but there is now.

What do you consider to be the best cameo performances out there? Likewise, what are some of the worst? By cameo, I mean the actor in question is only in a single scene within a movie.

Here's a couple to get you started.

Good:
Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross
<img width=275 src=http://www.assoagenti.it/assets/images/ ... lenros.jpg>

Crap-a-lama-ding-dong:
Ben Affleck in Boiler Room
<img width=275 src=http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo ... fleck8.jpg>

Posted: 21 Jan 2006, 14:28
by snotball
I think it was a cameo, since I've stopped watching the movie in the middle. If so, then Crap-a-lama-ding-dong:
Robin Williams in Nine Months
Image

Posted: 21 Jan 2006, 14:36
by Agrajag
Off the top of my head....

Best:
Stan Lee in Mallrats
Image

Worst:
Paris Hilton in The Cat in the Hat
Image

Posted: 21 Jan 2006, 14:47
by snotball
Good:
Tom Cruise, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kevin Spacey, Danny DeVito in Goldmember - The Best scene in the movie.

Bruce Willis in Ocean 12 - The only scene that got any reaction out of me.

Posted: 21 Jan 2006, 14:47
by Fat Head
Best

Keith Allen
Trainspotting


Worst

Charlton Heston
Wayne's World 2

Posted: 21 Jan 2006, 19:44
by SweetCatastrophe
Fat Head wrote:Worst

Charlton Heston
Wayne's World 2
I thought that was hilarious! I may be by myself on this one, though.

Posted: 21 Jan 2006, 19:58
by JJ
:5stars:
Image

Posted: 21 Jan 2006, 23:50
by Batman
This was the one which made me think about awesome cameos in the first place, but then I forgot it when I started the thread. Damn that senility!
Image

Posted: 22 Jan 2006, 00:30
by snotball
Batman wrote:This was the one which made me think about awesome cameos in the first place, but then I forgot it when I started the thread. Damn that senility!
Image
It's not senility, it's the over use of resources to cover up the fact that you're really Jack Black.

Posted: 22 Jan 2006, 02:18
by Guest
SweetCatastrophe wrote:
Fat Head wrote:Worst

Charlton Heston
Wayne's World 2
I thought that was hilarious! I may be by myself on this one, though.
:green:

Posted: 22 Jan 2006, 02:22
by F.N.G.
Anonymous wrote:
SweetCatastrophe wrote:
Fat Head wrote:Worst

Charlton Heston
Wayne's World 2
I thought that was hilarious! I may be by myself on this one, though.
:green:
that was me (for some reason my computer has destroyed all cookies)

Posted: 22 Jan 2006, 03:53
by snotball
F.N.G. wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
SweetCatastrophe wrote:
Fat Head wrote:Worst

Charlton Heston
Wayne's World 2
I thought that was hilarious! I may be by myself on this one, though.
:green:
that was me (for some reason my computer has destroyed all cookies)
Image MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Posted: 22 Jan 2006, 07:51
by Brodieman
snotball wrote:
Batman wrote:This was the one which made me think about awesome cameos in the first place, but then I forgot it when I started the thread. Damn that senility!
Image
It's not senility, it's the over use of resources to cover up the fact that you're really Jack Black.
:lol:

Posted: 23 Jan 2006, 06:33
by
I watched Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare on tv last night and I'm pretty sure I saw Johnny Depp on screen for about 3 seconds. It's a little believable since he was in the 1st one, but I just figured he was too cool to do something like that.

Posted: 23 Jan 2006, 08:09
by VoteforPedro
Good:
Image
Sparkling Muscatel, one of the finest wines of Idaho.

But really any cameo in that movie was good, that was just my favies.

Posted: 23 Jan 2006, 22:10
by Little Lebowski
Image
I still remember people gasping in the theaters when he showed up at the very end. Definitely a good choice as a quickie cameo.

Posted: 24 Jan 2006, 08:03
by VoteforPedro
Little Lebowski wrote: I still remember people gasping in the theaters when he showed up at the very end. Definitely a good choice as a quickie cameo.
Hahaha, I remember that same thing! Crazy!

Posted: 24 Jan 2006, 09:08
by Steel Frog
As recent cameos go --

(Hate to say it, but): Tim Robbins, Luke Wilson and Ben Stiller turned Anchorman from a thumbs down to a thumbs up (for me at least).

On the other end: Steven Tyler in Be Cool was pretty awful in a terrible scene. But as he's not really an actor, I'll go with Jack Lemmon in Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet. Five minutes in and you've tainted the five hours to follow. Thanks Jack.

Posted: 24 Jan 2006, 10:45
by Dave Henry
Not a classic but I did like the Duke brothers turning up in Coming to America as down and outs... nice touch... :D

Posted: 24 Jan 2006, 10:51
by McT
Some good ones:

Bill Murray in Little Shop of Horrors

Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy in Trading Places (best movie referance ever)

Posted: 24 Jan 2006, 11:19
by knarf
Little Lebowski wrote:Image
I still remember people gasping in the theaters when he showed up at the very end. Definitely a good choice as a quickie cameo.
Image
Pretty fun in the parody too.

Spoof.

Whatever.

Posted: 24 Jan 2006, 11:21
by knarf
Oh, and Danny Glover in Maverick was a fun one too.

Posted: 24 Jan 2006, 11:26
by VoteforPedro
knarf wrote:Oh, and Danny Glover in Maverick was a fun one too.
:green:

Not that this counts as a cameo, but that reminded me of the time in Steakout (or maybe Another Steakout) where they are playing name the movie quote and Emilio Estevez gives the Jaws quote and Richard Dreyfus says, "Uhh, I don't know."

Posted: 24 Jan 2006, 20:30
by Will
Matt Damon and Brad Pitt in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

Posted: 25 Jan 2006, 01:54
by Nunis
VoteforPedro wrote: :green:

Not that this counts as a cameo, but that reminded me of the time in Steakout (or maybe Another Steakout) where they are playing name the movie quote and Emilio Estevez gives the Jaws quote and Richard Dreyfus says, "Uhh, I don't know."

Mmm... steak.

Image