FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 05:28

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 04:11 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
This seems to go in waves; people who seem to be everywhere. This is also known as Brian Cox Syndrome, after he was officially in every movie released in 2002 (and continues to be all over the place).

Noticing people like this happens to me all the time, I think mostly because I watch a lot of TV shows and therefore notice people who are guest stars on multiple shows. It's not uncommon that I go "oh yeah he was that killer on CSI and then he was that lawyer on Criminal Minds, and now he's this creepy dad on Bones", or the likes. Only last week I realised that Danny Duquette from Grey's Anatomy is the dad on Supernatural.

So, who do you keep seeing everywhere? Post pictures and tell me who the new Brian Cox is. You can use www.filmweb.pl for images. You also must end every one with "He/she is/was everywhere!"

I expect Todd will be great at this.

For me, it's a couple of people.

First, it was:

Danny Huston
Image
I first noticed him in 21 Grams, then he was in the "Suckers" episode of CSI, after that it was Silver City, Birth, The Aviator, and now The Constant Gardener. He was everywhere!

Then it was:

Chiwetel Ejiofor
Image
Only last year I saw him in Serenity, Four Brothers, and Kinky Boots. Before that he was Dirty Pretty Things, Love Actually, She Hate Me, and Melinda & Melinda. He was everywhere!

Now it's:

Matt Ross
Image
I first saw him in Stephen King's miniseries Rose Red, where he played a fat creepy psychic guy. I couldn't place him so looked him up and realised I had also seen him in Twelve Monkeys, Face Off, Pushing Tin, and American Psycho. He was a "Hey, it's That Guy!" guy. Since then, I've seen him in Down with Love, The Aviator, and last night in Good Night and Good Luck. I've also seen him gueststarring in CSI, Bones, and Invasion. He is everywhere!

And:

Glenn Morshower
Image
First he was the sheriff on CSI, then he swapped with Xander Berkeley (George Mason) to join 24 while Berkeley became the CSI sheriff (now neither of them is). I realised he had been in Air Force One, The X-Files, Millennium, and The Core. After looking into him, I know he was also on The West Wing, Buffy, NCIS, Deadwood, Alias, ER, Monk, and many more. In the last ~ten years he's also apparently been in The River Wild, Star Trek Generations & Voyager, Babylon 5, NYPD Blue, Murder One, JAG, Godzilla, Pearl Harbor, and Black Hawk Down. And most recently it's Hostage, The Island, Good Night and Good Luck, and of course, 24. He is everywhere!


Last edited by Nunis on 15 Nov 2007, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 04:31 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2005, 02:52
Posts: 2968
Danny Trejo
Image
Ok this guy has been in everything the last 10 years. showing up in tv series like Desperate Housewives, Monk, Grounded for Life, George Lopez.
And just last year hes been in 8 different movies, including Tennis, anyone..?, The Crow: Wicked Prayer, The Devils Rejects. So this guy is Is, Was and Will be everywhere.!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 04:39 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Posts: 8593
Location: Ohio
WeSleY-SniPes wrote:
Danny Trejo
Image
Ok this guy has been in everything the last 10 years. showing up in tv series like Desperate Housewives, Monk, Grounded for Life, George Lopez.
And just last year hes been in 8 different movies, including Tennis, anyone..?, The Crow: Wicked Prayer, The Devils Rejects. So this guy is Is, Was and Will be everywhere.!


And is guaranteed to be in 98% of all prison movies.

_________________
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 13:23 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2005, 11:48
Posts: 2069
Location: Left Coast
IMHO, this should be called either the

M. Emmett Effect

Image

He was, and is, EVERYWHERE.


Or the more obscure, yet equally ubiquitous, Tracey "Miller" Walter Condition

Image

Don't turn around, he is probably standing right behind you.... he is everywhere.

_________________
Hooray for capsicum!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 13:29 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Good ones, guys.

Nunis wrote:
Danny Huston
Image
I first noticed him in 21 Grams, then he was in the "Suckers" episode of CSI, after that it was Silver City, Birth, The Aviator, and now The Constant Gardener. He was everywhere!


So yesterday, at the cinema, I saw first a trailer and then a poster for this movie called The Proposition. I just assumed it was Antonio Banderas, cause it looks like him with Guy Pearce, right?

Nu-uh. Today I get the new issue of Empire and read the bit on this movie, and guess who it is? Danny friggin Huston! Seriously, I like the guy, but it's been freaking me out. He's everywhere!

Great, now I can't find that theatrical poster. The one where he really looks like Banderas. Or perhaps Danny Trejo. :shrug:

Here is the website. Not that it does the poster justice. It looked something like this, only way more Banderas-like and creepy.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 14:08 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 13:48
Posts: 6193
Location: The Balcony
Another guy who has been in loads of stuff - Daniel Dae Kim

Image

Most people recognise him as Jin from Lost, but he's been in 24, ER, Spider-Man 2, Hulk, Crash, Angel, CSI, and about a million other things.

_________________
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 14:10 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2005, 11:48
Posts: 2069
Location: Left Coast
DrG wrote:
Another guy who has been in loads of stuff - Daniel Dae Kim

Image

Most people recognise him as Jin from Lost, but he's been in 24, ER, Spider-Man 2, Hulk, Crash, Angel, CSI, and about a million other things.


But... is he everywhere?

_________________
Hooray for capsicum!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 14:12 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8963
Location: Westchester, NY
capsicum wrote:
DrG wrote:
Another guy who has been in loads of stuff - Daniel Dae Kim

Image

Most people recognise him as Jin from Lost, but he's been in 24, ER, Spider-Man 2, Hulk, Crash, Angel, CSI, and about a million other things.


But... is he everywhere?


No. Not right now. At the moment he's lost.

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 15:05 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33128
Image
Savoir Faire is EVERY-WHERE!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 15:11 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38524
Location: San Francisco
Steel Frog wrote:
Image
Savoir Faire is EVERY-WHERE!

wd

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 15:15 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33128
alan smithee wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Image
Savoir Faire is EVERY-WHERE!

wd

ty


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 15:18 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38524
Location: San Francisco
Steel Frog wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Image
Savoir Faire is EVERY-WHERE!

wd

ty

np

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2006, 10:06 
Offline
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 09 Dec 2002, 09:30
Posts: 14462
Location: Stuck in a sand trap
imdb wrote:
Pulp Fiction star Samuel L. Jackson was so amused by the title of new movie Snakes On A Plane, he signed up without reading the script. The movie features an assassin who intends to kill a passenger on a flight by releasing a batch of deadly snakes. Jackson explains, "I didn't even read the script - I just saw the title, 'Snakes on a Plane' and said 'Ok, good. I'm there.' You have got to love that. That's exactly what it is - 500 poisonous snakes released on a flight from Hawaii to Los Angeles. They are (set free) on a time release half-way there, so we can't go back, we've got to keep going. It's fun!"


Perhaps this is why he is in every fourth movie made.

_________________
Squirrel!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2006, 10:44 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33128
McT wrote:
imdb wrote:
Pulp Fiction star Samuel L. Jackson was so amused by the title of new movie Snakes On A Plane, he signed up without reading the script. The movie features an assassin who intends to kill a passenger on a flight by releasing a batch of deadly snakes. Jackson explains, "I didn't even read the script - I just saw the title, 'Snakes on a Plane' and said 'Ok, good. I'm there.' You have got to love that. That's exactly what it is - 500 poisonous snakes released on a flight from Hawaii to Los Angeles. They are (set free) on a time release half-way there, so we can't go back, we've got to keep going. It's fun!"


Perhaps this is why he is in every fourth movie made.


"Sankes on a Plane" is a working title, right? No one would actually name a movie that, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2006, 10:57 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49270
Location: Rocket City
I saw a poster somewhere...

Here it is:

<img width=400 src=http://home.comcast.net/~dfosket/snakes_800x600.jpg>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2006, 10:59 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33128
knarf wrote:
I saw a poster somewhere...

Here it is:

<img width=400 src=http://home.comcast.net/~dfosket/snakes_800x600.jpg>


:lol: That's awsome.

Are you an aisle or a window?

My seat is the one with "bad mutherf***** " written on it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2006, 11:02 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Posts: 5864
Location: a furry little Don Quixote
Sorry SF (hey, make me a martini, would ya?) but my understanding is that Snakes on a Plane is in fact the title they intend to release it with. Some time back, based on sentiments such as those just expressed, they changed the working title to something else---Pacific Air 91 or some such shit---and eventually changed it back, because no one knew what the hell kind of movie Pacific Air 91 was. Snakes on a Plane, however---well, WYSIWYG. (I mentioned on another thread somewhere that I heard SLJ in a NPR interview this past weekend talking about this film. I swear, this is in fact the real title, at least according to him.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2006, 11:10 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2005, 23:45
Posts: 909
Location: Louisiana
For me it is Robert LaSardo (creepy tattoo man).

Image

I first noticed him on Nip/Tuck, then he was on the pilot episode of Wanted, then two episodes of Ghost Whisperer and now he has a recurring role on my soap opera, General Hospital! I'm pretty sure he plays a bad guy in Blue Streak, too. Man, that guy is EVERYWHERE!

_________________
"Do you think people will vote for me?"
"Heck Yes! I'd vote for you."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2006, 11:17 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33128
Buckykatt wrote:
Sorry SF (hey, make me a martini, would ya?) but my understanding is that Snakes on a Plane is in fact the title they intend to release it with. Some time back, based on sentiments such as those just expressed, they changed the working title to something else---Pacific Air 91 or some such shit---and eventually changed it back, because no one knew what the hell kind of movie Pacific Air 91 was. Snakes on a Plane, however---well, WYSIWYG. (I mentioned on another thread somewhere that I heard SLJ in a NPR interview this past weekend talking about this film. I swear, this is in fact the real title, at least according to him.)


Well, we have a frontrunner for worst title of the year, don't we?

It also fills another of my favorite categories: films that give away both plot and ending in the title.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2006, 19:10 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38524
Location: San Francisco
knarf wrote:
I saw a poster somewhere...

Here it is:

<img width=400 src=http://home.comcast.net/~dfosket/snakes_800x600.jpg>

:lol:

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2006, 15:36 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
He was already established, but he must have blown all his money on replacement shirts and ties, or something.

John Hurt
Image
Hellboy, Short Order, Valiant, The Skeleton Key, Manderlay, The Proposition, V for Vendetta... He is everywhere!

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2006, 00:50 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Gren wrote:
He was already established, but he must have blown all his money on replacement shirts and ties, or something.

John Hurt
Image
Hellboy, Short Order, Valiant, The Skeleton Key, Manderlay, The Proposition, V for Vendetta... He is everywhere!


Yeah, he sure is. Before that it was Dogville, Potter 1, Owning Mahowny, Captain Corelli. That man has done loads these past five years. He really is everywhere! I don't mind though; I lurve him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2006, 02:09 
Offline
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13408
Steel Frog wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:
Sorry SF (hey, make me a martini, would ya?) but my understanding is that Snakes on a Plane is in fact the title they intend to release it with. Some time back, based on sentiments such as those just expressed, they changed the working title to something else---Pacific Air 91 or some such shit---and eventually changed it back, because no one knew what the hell kind of movie Pacific Air 91 was. Snakes on a Plane, however---well, WYSIWYG. (I mentioned on another thread somewhere that I heard SLJ in a NPR interview this past weekend talking about this film. I swear, this is in fact the real title, at least according to him.)


Well, we have a frontrunner for worst title of the year, don't we?

It also fills another of my favorite categories: films that give away both plot and ending in the title.


I think the title has a typo in it. It should have been Snake's on a Plane - the closing movie of the Snake Plissken trilogy.

_________________
Bad dates


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 16:57 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18772
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Nunis wrote:
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Image
Only last year I saw him in Serenity, Four Brothers, and Kinky Boots. Before that he was Dirty Pretty Things, Love Actually, She Hate Me, and Melinda & Melinda. He was everywhere!

This is just being released here in April (and Inside Man not too far after that). I kept watching the preview wondering if this was "The Operative" Didn't realize KB was already released 'cross the pond, but man, this guy is everywhere!

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 17:00 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Nunis wrote:
Gren wrote:
He was already established, but he must have blown all his money on replacement shirts and ties, or something.

John Hurt
Image
Hellboy, Short Order, Valiant, The Skeleton Key, Manderlay, The Proposition, V for Vendetta... He is everywhere!


Yeah, he sure is. Before that it was Dogville, Potter 1, Owning Mahowny, Captain Corelli. That man has done loads these past five years. He really is everywhere! I don't mind though; I lurve him.


I saw him in Alien.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group