FilmWise Forums
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 20:31

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 17:38 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32827
JJ wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Gren wrote:
He was already established, but he must have blown all his money on replacement shirts and ties, or something.

John Hurt
Image
Hellboy, Short Order, Valiant, The Skeleton Key, Manderlay, The Proposition, V for Vendetta... He is everywhere!


Yeah, he sure is. Before that it was Dogville, Potter 1, Owning Mahowny, Captain Corelli. That man has done loads these past five years. He really is everywhere! I don't mind though; I lurve him.


I saw him in Alien.

Pretty sure he's in the top five of "Recognizable actors with the last name 'Hurt' "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2006, 00:57 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
We went to see Syriana on Sunday, and we got three previews: V for Vendetta, Shooting Dogs, and The Proposition.

Yeah, John Hurt is in all three. That was so bizarre. He really is everywhere!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2006, 00:59 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38301
Location: San Francisco
Nunis wrote:
We went to see Syriana on Sunday, and we got three previews: V for Vendetta, Shooting Dogs, and The Proposition.

Yeah, John Hurt is in all three. That was so bizarre. He really is everywhere!

I'm pretty sure I saw a 3 out of 4 with Tommy Lee Jones about a decade or so ago. During the credits screen in the TLJ-free trailer (the 3rd of 4, IIRC), someone yelled out (in a reading-the-fine-print-in-an-ad fast voice) "this movie not starring Tommy Lee Jones."

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2006, 01:09 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
alan smithee wrote:
Nunis wrote:
We went to see Syriana on Sunday, and we got three previews: V for Vendetta, Shooting Dogs, and The Proposition.

Yeah, John Hurt is in all three. That was so bizarre. He really is everywhere!

I'm pretty sure I saw a 3 out of 4 with Tommy Lee Jones about a decade or so ago. During the credits screen in the TLJ-free trailer (the 3rd of 4, IIRC), someone yelled out (in a reading-the-fine-print-in-an-ad fast voice) "this movie not starring Tommy Lee Jones."


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006, 03:57 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 05:21
Posts: 3369
Location: Going down
This guy is everywhere lately:

Image

Bradley Cooper - seen him so far in Sex and the City, Alias, Jack and Bobby, Wedding Crashers and Failure to Launch. Stop stalking me!

_________________
You like pain? Try wearing a corset.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006, 04:00 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 13:48
Posts: 6193
Location: The Balcony
Punisher wrote:
This guy is everywhere lately:

Image

Bradley Cooper - seen him so far in Sex and the City, Alias, Jack and Bobby, Wedding Crashers and Failure to Launch. Stop stalking me!

He is kinda hott though :D

_________________
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006, 04:01 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 05:21
Posts: 3369
Location: Going down
DrG wrote:
Punisher wrote:
This guy is everywhere lately:

Image

Bradley Cooper - seen him so far in Sex and the City, Alias, Jack and Bobby, Wedding Crashers and Failure to Launch. Stop stalking me!

He is kinda hott though :D

Yes he has great abs, but that's not the point. Actually I forgot what my point was.

_________________
You like pain? Try wearing a corset.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2006, 08:56 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Joined: 06 Aug 2002, 16:00
Posts: 1253
Location: Joisey
Justin Theroux seems to pop up in movies & television shows quite a bit.

Image

After noticing him in the Charlie's Angels sequel (yeah yeah I know), I've been spotting him all over the place.

_________________
A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash.
xxx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 13:09 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49
Posts: 5928
Image
Brendan Gleeson has been a ton of stuff lately...about 3-4 movies a year for the past few years.

Image
Sven-Ole Thorsen just seems to be everywhere, too. (Although, he's more of the HITG status.) Most of his roles are pretty simple. According to IMDB, his credits include these roles:
3x Thug
3x Someone's Bodyguard
3x Gunman
And the ultimate stretch...
3x Sven

I once determined who my "favorite" actors are through the use of IMDB and my personal movie collection. I grabbed the full cast list for every movie which I owned on DVD or VHS. I totalled up the number of appearances of every actor.

Apparently, Sean Connery is my all-time favorite actor, appearing in 19 films that I own.
Coming in second is Desmond Llewelyn at 17.
A close third is the very talented Sven-Ole Thorsen at 16.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 16:24 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
TK421 wrote:
Apparently, Sean Connery is my all-time favorite actor, appearing in 19 films that I own.
Coming in second is Desmond Llewelyn at 17.
A close third is the very talented Sven-Ole Thorsen at 16.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2007, 10:17 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18731
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
TK421 wrote:
Sven-Ole Thorsen just seems to be everywhere, too. (Although, he's more of the HITG status.) Most of his roles are pretty simple. According to IMDB, his credits include these roles:
3x Thug
3x Someone's Bodyguard
3x Gunman
And the ultimate stretch...
3x Sven

I once determined who my "favorite" actors are through the use of IMDB and my personal movie collection. I grabbed the full cast list for every movie which I owned on DVD or VHS. I totalled up the number of appearances of every actor.

Apparently, Sean Connery is my all-time favorite actor, appearing in 19 films that I own.
Coming in second is Desmond Llewelyn at 17.
A close third is the very talented Sven-Ole Thorsen at 16.

Re: Sven Best part was La Fours in Mallrats

This sounds like an awesome idea, but I just broke 450+ DVDs and could never do this by hand... Methinks DVD Profiler might have a feature that might do this. I know I can find all movies that feature Connery (or whoever I choose) but the project seems too labor intensive by searching each actor separately.

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 01:37 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Ok, seriously, this guy needs to stop being in everything. He's creeping me out.

Raphael Sbarge

Image

I think I first saw him on an episode of CSI back in season 5. Since then, he's been popping up all over the place. He was on 24 last season, Grey's Anatomy last May, Standoff and CSI: Miami last December. I've also seen him on Numb3rs, Threshold, two episodes of CSI: NY. He was in Bones earlier this year, and now I hear he's going to play a serial kidnapper on an upcoming two-parter of Journeyman. If you check out his filmography, his list of TV credits is amazing. Dude. He's everywhere!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 02:25 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
Nunis wrote:
Ok, seriously, this guy needs to stop being in everything. He's creeping me out.

Raphael Sbarge

Image

I think I first saw him on an episode of CSI back in season 5. Since then, he's been popping up all over the place. He was on 24 last season, Grey's Anatomy last May, Standoff and CSI: Miami last December. I've also seen him on Numb3rs, Threshold, two episodes of CSI: NY. He was in Bones earlier this year, and now I hear he's going to play a serial kidnapper on an upcoming two-parter of Journeyman. If you check out his filmography, his list of TV credits is amazing. Dude. He's everywhere!


I think the real problem may be all the crappy tv shows you watch.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 05:29 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49
Posts: 5928
Agrajag wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Sven-Ole Thorsen just seems to be everywhere, too. (Although, he's more of the HITG status.) Most of his roles are pretty simple. According to IMDB, his credits include these roles:
3x Thug
3x Someone's Bodyguard
3x Gunman
And the ultimate stretch...
3x Sven

I once determined who my "favorite" actors are through the use of IMDB and my personal movie collection. I grabbed the full cast list for every movie which I owned on DVD or VHS. I totalled up the number of appearances of every actor.

Apparently, Sean Connery is my all-time favorite actor, appearing in 19 films that I own.
Coming in second is Desmond Llewelyn at 17.
A close third is the very talented Sven-Ole Thorsen at 16.

Re: Sven Best part was La Fours in Mallrats

This sounds like an awesome idea, but I just broke 450+ DVDs and could never do this by hand... Methinks DVD Profiler might have a feature that might do this. I know I can find all movies that feature Connery (or whoever I choose) but the project seems too labor intensive by searching each actor separately.

It did take a while, but probabbly not as much as you might think.

Basically, I went to the full cast of each movie and copy/pasted it into a document. I then ran a macro to edit out the superfluous stuff to leave just the name. Paste this into a spreadsheet and sort it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 05:30 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49
Posts: 5928
Oh, and Shia TheBeef seems to be popping up all over the place now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2007, 10:23 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2005, 02:52
Posts: 2968
Josh Brolin.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 11:05 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2002, 16:00
Posts: 7527
The entire cast of The Wire

Of course there's Lt. Daniels on Lost and Fringe, Beadie on The Office, and Michael's getting work on 90210. But now, all of them are popping up, um, everywhere. I just saw Chris Partlow on Cold Case, and an episode of Life on Mars with three Wire guys: Freamon, Cutty, and Frank Sobotka (as a priest - weird stuff). Hasn't Bubbles been in some stuff lately, too? I know I'm missing many other sightings. They are everywhere!

_________________
You see, Hopsi, you don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you probably think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 11:30 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 48173
Location: Rocket City
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
The entire cast of The Wire

Of course there's Lt. Daniels on Lost and Fringe, Beadie on The Office, and Michael's getting work on 90210. But now, all of them are popping up, um, everywhere. I just saw Chris Partlow on Cold Case, and an episode of Life on Mars with three Wire guys: Freamon, Cutty, and Frank Sobotka (as a priest - weird stuff). Hasn't Bubbles been in some stuff lately, too? I know I'm missing many other sightings. They are everywhere!


Bubbles has been on Heroes, but Marlo's been in more episodes.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 11:56 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
They really are everywhere. I saw three of them just this week, in addition to those previously mentioned.

Bunny Colvin plays an angel on Supernatural. Omar was on CSI: NY last week, and Avon Barksdale was a hostage negotiator on House. Oh yes, and Bubbles was also on Criminal Minds not long ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 11:57 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Beadie was also in Changeling, now I think about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 12:00 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2005, 14:18
Posts: 6761
Location: On the Loose
Kima Greggs was on Brothers and Sisters (my mom made me watch it) Sunday night. Presumably she's been recurring there.

_________________
Elegant Violence


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 12:05 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 48173
Location: Rocket City
and McNulty is in Punisher: War Zone, which comes out Friday.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 14:14 
Offline
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Posts: 18902
Location: hiding under my desk...
Nunis wrote:
They really are everywhere. I saw three of them just this week, in addition to those previously mentioned.

Bunny Colvin plays an angel on Supernatural. Omar was on CSI: NY last week, and Avon Barksdale was a hostage negotiator on House. Oh yes, and Bubbles was also on Criminal Minds not long ago.


Where do you get the time? Do you sleep?

_________________
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 15:52 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
F.N.G. wrote:
Nunis wrote:
They really are everywhere. I saw three of them just this week, in addition to those previously mentioned.

Bunny Colvin plays an angel on Supernatural. Omar was on CSI: NY last week, and Avon Barksdale was a hostage negotiator on House. Oh yes, and Bubbles was also on Criminal Minds not long ago.


Where do you get the time? Do you sleep?


Clearly not.

Also, I time-travel.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 11:29 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Speaking of actors from The Wire being everywhere.... Not only has Rawls been on Damages several weeks already, now Lester is there too. Someone make a chart of these guys and their appearances.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group