FilmWise Forums
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 20:31

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 17:38 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

JJ wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Gren wrote:
He was already established, but he must have blown all his money on replacement shirts and ties, or something.

John Hurt
Hellboy, Short Order, Valiant, The Skeleton Key, Manderlay, The Proposition, V for Vendetta... He is everywhere!

Yeah, he sure is. Before that it was Dogville, Potter 1, Owning Mahowny, Captain Corelli. That man has done loads these past five years. He really is everywhere! I don't mind though; I lurve him.

I saw him in Alien.

Pretty sure he's in the top five of "Recognizable actors with the last name 'Hurt' "

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2006, 00:57 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

We went to see Syriana on Sunday, and we got three previews: V for Vendetta, Shooting Dogs, and The Proposition.

Yeah, John Hurt is in all three. That was so bizarre. He really is everywhere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2006, 00:59 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Nunis wrote:
We went to see Syriana on Sunday, and we got three previews: V for Vendetta, Shooting Dogs, and The Proposition.

I'm pretty sure I saw a 3 out of 4 with Tommy Lee Jones about a decade or so ago. During the credits screen in the TLJ-free trailer (the 3rd of 4, IIRC), someone yelled out (in a reading-the-fine-print-in-an-ad fast voice) "this movie not starring Tommy Lee Jones."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2006, 01:09 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

alan smithee wrote:
Nunis wrote:

I'm pretty sure I saw a 3 out of 4 with Tommy Lee Jones about a decade or so ago. During the credits screen in the TLJ-free trailer (the 3rd of 4, IIRC), someone yelled out (in a reading-the-fine-print-in-an-ad fast voice) "this movie not starring Tommy Lee Jones."

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006, 03:57 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

This guy is everywhere lately:

Bradley Cooper - seen him so far in Sex and the City, Alias, Jack and Bobby, Wedding Crashers and Failure to Launch. Stop stalking me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006, 04:00 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Punisher wrote:

Bradley Cooper - seen him so far in Sex and the City, Alias, Jack and Bobby, Wedding Crashers and Failure to Launch. Stop stalking me!

He is kinda hott though :D

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006, 04:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

DrG wrote:
Punisher wrote:

He is kinda hott though :D

Yes he has great abs, but that's not the point. Actually I forgot what my point was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2006, 08:56 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Justin Theroux seems to pop up in movies & television shows quite a bit.

After noticing him in the Charlie's Angels sequel (yeah yeah I know), I've been spotting him all over the place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 13:09 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Brendan Gleeson has been a ton of stuff lately...about 3-4 movies a year for the past few years.

Sven-Ole Thorsen just seems to be everywhere, too. (Although, he's more of the HITG status.) Most of his roles are pretty simple. According to IMDB, his credits include these roles:
3x Thug
3x Someone's Bodyguard
3x Gunman
And the ultimate stretch...
3x Sven

I once determined who my "favorite" actors are through the use of IMDB and my personal movie collection. I grabbed the full cast list for every movie which I owned on DVD or VHS. I totalled up the number of appearances of every actor.

Apparently, Sean Connery is my all-time favorite actor, appearing in 19 films that I own.
Coming in second is Desmond Llewelyn at 17.
A close third is the very talented Sven-Ole Thorsen at 16.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 16:24 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

TK421 wrote:
Apparently, Sean Connery is my all-time favorite actor, appearing in 19 films that I own.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2007, 10:17 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

TK421 wrote:
Sven-Ole Thorsen just seems to be everywhere, too. (Although, he's more of the HITG status.) Most of his roles are pretty simple. According to IMDB, his credits include these roles:
3x Thug
3x Someone's Bodyguard
3x Gunman
3x Sven

I once determined who my "favorite" actors are through the use of IMDB and my personal movie collection. I grabbed the full cast list for every movie which I owned on DVD or VHS. I totalled up the number of appearances of every actor.

Re: Sven Best part was La Fours in Mallrats

This sounds like an awesome idea, but I just broke 450+ DVDs and could never do this by hand... Methinks DVD Profiler might have a feature that might do this. I know I can find all movies that feature Connery (or whoever I choose) but the project seems too labor intensive by searching each actor separately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 01:37 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Ok, seriously, this guy needs to stop being in everything. He's creeping me out.

Raphael Sbarge

I think I first saw him on an episode of CSI back in season 5. Since then, he's been popping up all over the place. He was on 24 last season, Grey's Anatomy last May, Standoff and CSI: Miami last December. I've also seen him on Numb3rs, Threshold, two episodes of CSI: NY. He was in Bones earlier this year, and now I hear he's going to play a serial kidnapper on an upcoming two-parter of Journeyman. If you check out his filmography, his list of TV credits is amazing. Dude. He's everywhere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 02:25 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Nunis wrote:
Ok, seriously, this guy needs to stop being in everything. He's creeping me out.

Raphael Sbarge

I think I first saw him on an episode of CSI back in season 5. Since then, he's been popping up all over the place. He was on 24 last season, Grey's Anatomy last May, Standoff and CSI: Miami last December. I've also seen him on Numb3rs, Threshold, two episodes of CSI: NY. He was in Bones earlier this year, and now I hear he's going to play a serial kidnapper on an upcoming two-parter of Journeyman. If you check out his filmography, his list of TV credits is amazing. Dude. He's everywhere!

I think the real problem may be all the crappy tv shows you watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 05:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
TK421 wrote:
3x Thug
3x Someone's Bodyguard
3x Gunman
3x Sven

Re: Sven Best part was La Fours in Mallrats

This sounds like an awesome idea, but I just broke 450+ DVDs and could never do this by hand... Methinks DVD Profiler might have a feature that might do this. I know I can find all movies that feature Connery (or whoever I choose) but the project seems too labor intensive by searching each actor separately.

It did take a while, but probabbly not as much as you might think.

Basically, I went to the full cast of each movie and copy/pasted it into a document. I then ran a macro to edit out the superfluous stuff to leave just the name. Paste this into a spreadsheet and sort it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 05:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Oh, and Shia TheBeef seems to be popping up all over the place now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2007, 10:23 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Josh Brolin.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 11:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

The entire cast of The Wire

Of course there's Lt. Daniels on Lost and Fringe, Beadie on The Office, and Michael's getting work on 90210. But now, all of them are popping up, um, everywhere. I just saw Chris Partlow on Cold Case, and an episode of Life on Mars with three Wire guys: Freamon, Cutty, and Frank Sobotka (as a priest - weird stuff). Hasn't Bubbles been in some stuff lately, too? I know I'm missing many other sightings. They are everywhere!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 11:30 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
The entire cast of The Wire

Of course there's Lt. Daniels on Lost and Fringe, Beadie on The Office, and Michael's getting work on 90210. But now, all of them are popping up, um, everywhere. I just saw Chris Partlow on Cold Case, and an episode of Life on Mars with three Wire guys: Freamon, Cutty, and Frank Sobotka (as a priest - weird stuff). Hasn't Bubbles been in some stuff lately, too? I know I'm missing many other sightings. They are everywhere!

Bubbles has been on Heroes, but Marlo's been in more episodes.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 11:56 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

They really are everywhere. I saw three of them just this week, in addition to those previously mentioned.

Bunny Colvin plays an angel on Supernatural. Omar was on CSI: NY last week, and Avon Barksdale was a hostage negotiator on House. Oh yes, and Bubbles was also on Criminal Minds not long ago.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 11:57 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Beadie was also in Changeling, now I think about it.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 12:00 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Kima Greggs was on Brothers and Sisters (my mom made me watch it) Sunday night. Presumably she's been recurring there.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 12:05 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

and McNulty is in Punisher: War Zone, which comes out Friday.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 14:14 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Nunis wrote:
They really are everywhere. I saw three of them just this week, in addition to those previously mentioned.

Bunny Colvin plays an angel on Supernatural. Omar was on CSI: NY last week, and Avon Barksdale was a hostage negotiator on House. Oh yes, and Bubbles was also on Criminal Minds not long ago.

Where do you get the time? Do you sleep?

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 15:52 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

F.N.G. wrote:
Nunis wrote:

Where do you get the time? Do you sleep?

Clearly not.

Also, I time-travel.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 11:29 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Speaking of actors from The Wire being everywhere.... Not only has Rawls been on Damages several weeks already, now Lester is there too. Someone make a chart of these guys and their appearances.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next