FilmWise Forums
It is currently 13 Aug 2018, 22:49

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1909 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2006, 22:28 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

Turned on Bourne Supremacy (rewatch). Film not entirely believable, but seems to be moving along at a decent clip and is decently watchable (I'm even getting into the bad camera the 2nd time around; it adds 'action' where Damon might have none).

Then, out of the blue, Julia Stiles shows up playing the part of Julia Stiles (playing some CIA whiz, I guess). WTF? Is her purpose just to remind me this is a movie? Stop her.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2006, 23:54 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

JJ wrote:
Turned on Bourne Supremacy (rewatch). Film not entirely believable, but seems to be moving along at a decent clip and is decently watchable (I'm even getting into the bad camera the 2nd time around; it adds 'action' where Damon might have none).

Then, out of the blue, Julia Stiles shows up playing the part of Julia Stiles (playing some CIA whiz, I guess). WTF? Is her purpose just to remind me this is a movie? Stop her.

Spoilervision wrote:
She's the only one of his "team" left alive after he killed most of the rest of the "Treadstone" gang.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2006, 09:36 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

Batman wrote:
JJ wrote:

Spoilervision wrote:
She's the only one of his "team" left alive after he killed most of the rest of the "Treadstone" gang.

Spoilervision wrote:
Why would Julia Stiles be part of the team?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2006, 09:45 

JJ wrote:
Batman wrote:
JJ wrote:

Spoilervision wrote:

Spoilervision wrote:
Why would Julia Stiles be part of the team?

Spoilervision wrote:
She provided the much-needed "sassy" factor for The Company's European operations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2006, 14:25 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

CIA ad wrote:
Wanted: semi-nubile babe who can look reasonably 'smart' to join risky operation with name that sounds like a tire brand. Intelligence and acting ability optional. Experience in dance movies a plus. Must have sass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2006, 14:39 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

JJ wrote:
CIA ad wrote:
Wanted: semi-nubile babe who can look reasonably 'smart' to join risky operation with name that sounds like a tire brand. Intelligence and acting ability optional. Experience in dance movies a plus. Must have sass.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2006, 01:06 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

As I was rewatching Gosford Park, I couldn't help asking myself repeatedly why JJ hated it so much. Is it possible that it has something to do with the fact that almost everyone in it has a British accent, which resulted in him mistakenly thinking they were all villains of some sort?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2006, 08:20 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

snotball wrote:
As I was rewatching Gosford Park, I couldn't help asking myself repeatedly why JJ hated it so much. Is it possible that it has something to do with the fact that almost everyone in it has a British accent, which resulted in him mistakenly thinking they were all villains of some sort?

Well, you do get a lot of time to ponder during that film. Mainly because nothing ever happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2006, 11:16 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

First, I'm wondering why I keep watching The Skeleton Key. I think the idea of what goes on keeps me coming back. Second, why in the heck is her friend such a moron at the end? She spent the whole movie listening to Kate tell her about how she loves to take care of people who need her help, those who can't help themselves because they're too sick. She helps her find a place Kate can ask questions about 'spells' and ''voodoo'...so she is aware that something weird is going on there. She has no idea what Kate is saying when she calls her franticly...."It's real!"....duh, "What's real?"
Then after she decides something must be wrong (either that or she just has to find out what Kate was talking about on that darn phone call) she drives out there and is unrecognized by her 'best' friend who uses the word fiddlesticks? Kate proceeds to tell her that she can't take care of them anymore...that they need better care? The chick STILL doesn't have a clue???? Argh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2006, 13:44 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

spymeg wrote:
First, I'm wondering why I keep watching The Skeleton Key. I think the idea of what goes on keeps me coming back. Second, why in the heck is her friend such a moron at the end? She spent the whole movie listening to Kate tell her about how she loves to take care of people who need her help, those who can't help themselves because they're too sick. She helps her find a place Kate can ask questions about 'spells' and ''voodoo'...so she is aware that something weird is going on there. She has no idea what Kate is saying when she calls her franticly...."It's real!"....duh, "What's real?"
Then after she decides something must be wrong (either that or she just has to find out what Kate was talking about on that darn phone call) she drives out there and is unrecognized by her 'best' friend who uses the word fiddlesticks? Kate proceeds to tell her that she can't take care of them anymore...that they need better care? The chick STILL doesn't have a clue???? Argh.

Spoilers wrote:
Are you telling me that if one of your friends was acting strangely, then they used the word "fiddlesticks", you would assume that their body has been taken over by a voodoo spirit? I think your friends must be quite strange to begin with ;)

He was glad to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2006, 18:06 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Gren wrote:
spymeg wrote:

Spoilers wrote:
Are you telling me that if one of your friends was acting strangely, then they used the word "fiddlesticks", you would assume that their body has been taken over by a voodoo spirit? I think your friends must be quite strange to begin with ;)

Why, absolutely! Wouldn't yours? She just seemed a little too clueless at the end whereas during the movie, she was more aware of who her friend was and what was going on in her life. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2006, 21:39 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Satisfaction is on HBO right now. Wow, I'd forgotten how bad the music is in this movie. I mean, it's really bad. Even by 80s standards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2006, 22:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Satisfaction is on HBO right now. Wow, I'd forgotten how bad the music is in this movie. I mean, it's really bad. Even by 80s standards.

Re-watched this movie a month or so ago. I must agree, I have no idea what the hell I was thinking back in the day. I so thought those chicks were jamming. Ah, the stupidity of youth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2006, 01:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Watched 'Harold and Kumar go to White Castle' yesterday (1st time). I'm sure that the NPH situation has been discussed before on FW, but again, hearing him say that he's 'tripping balls' (sure you are...) and making 'lovestains in the back seat' puts it in a whole different perspective... Pretty fun movie though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2006, 01:28 

m1ddle wrote:
Watched 'Harold and Kumar go to White Castle' yesterday (1st time). I'm sure that the NPH situation has been discussed before on FW, but again, hearing him say that he's 'tripping balls' (sure you are...) and making 'lovestains in the back seat' puts it in a whole different perspective... Pretty fun movie though...

?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2006, 02:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:

?

Neil Patrick Harris was picked up as a hitchhiker at some point... And he was acting extremely un-gay, yet had some lines that were a little weird...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2006, 02:24 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:

?

I guess the gay issue is addressed here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2006, 03:27 

m1ddle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:

?

Neil Patrick Harris was picked up as a hitchhiker at some point... And he was acting extremely un-gay, yet had some lines that were a little weird...

What is "it" in "puts it in a whole different perspective"? And are you saying that you didn't believe that his character was high? (That seems implied by the "sure you are".)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2006, 03:31 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:

?

What is "it" in "puts it in a whole different perspective? And are you saying that you didn't believe that his character was high? (That seems implied by the "sure you are".)

No, I know that he was supposed to be high, and that tripping balls is a perfectly normal thing to say in that context, but the choice of words just seems a little double at the moment. the 'sure you are' was merely put there to emphasize that.
Although I may be just too picky on these type of things...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2006, 03:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

And I am also aware that he was not out of the closet at the time, so it was all completely unintended, but it just seemed funny to me, that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2006, 03:37 

m1ddle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:

?

What is "it" in "puts it in a whole different perspective? And are you saying that you didn't believe that his character was high? (That seems implied by the "sure you are".)

No, I know that he was supposed to be high, and that tripping balls is a perfectly normal thing to say in that context, but the choice of words just seems a little double at the moment. the 'sure you are' was merely put there to emphasize that.

because the actor is gay and he said the word balls (in a colloquial context that does little to evoke actual testicles — but, admittedly, the word "balls" nonetheless) you were amused? that's it?

for some reason I thought I had missed some joke/reference that was above the level of these two guys:

not that there's anything wrong with that

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2006, 04:20 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:

?

because the actor is gay and he said the word balls (in a colloquial context that does little to evoke actual testicles — but, admittedly, the word "balls" nonetheless) you were amused? that's it?

for some reason I thought I had missed some joke/reference that was above the level of these two guys:

not that there's anything wrong with that

Yeah, well... sometimes I'm like that...

and no... I don't suppose there's nothing wrong with anyone being an idiot.. (thanks for rubbing it in...) :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 16:53 
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

My ex sister-in-law's uncle during Independence Day - "this is a bit far-fetched"

I think it was Wil Smith smoking that threw him...

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2006, 11:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A friend of mine said it was totally unrealistic that in Superman Returns

Spoilervision wrote:
Lois didn't know that Superman was the father of her child.

He was fine with the flying alien shooting fire from his eyes, but couldn't believe the outcome of
Quote:
a paternity test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2007, 20:59 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

In The Replacements their first game starts off with an opening touchback, and then two delay of game penalties. Why is the next play run from the eight yard line? That just ruined the movie for me. No realism at all......

When we're living our dream

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1909 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 77  Next