FilmWise Forums
It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 20:10

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1910 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2017, 19:14 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:
I believe this is the least accessible film I have ever seen in a theater. Who is this for? Who leaves this thinking they had a good time or really saw something special?

Mother!?

:green:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 08:13 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
The latest series of PotA titles seem out of order. Rise, Dawn, then War. I'd think that the Dawn comes before the Rise. Except for noticing the release date (when selecting from my streaming service), I would have started part 2 first.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2017, 03:04 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Scruluce wrote:
The latest series of PotA titles seem out of order. Rise, Dawn, then War. I'd think that the Dawn comes before the Rise. Except for noticing the release date (when selecting from my streaming service), I would have started part 2 first.

These apes are clearly farmers, you city slicker.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2017, 04:06 

Batman wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

:)

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2017, 06:19 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

A² wrote:
Batman wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

:tongue:

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 10:35 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

sldawgs wrote:
A² wrote:
Batman wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

:tongue:

:D

(also: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: The Legend of Curly's Gold)

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 11:03 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

So I'm sitting here watching the 2011 prequel The Thing for the first time ..... and I wouldn't quite say I hate it, but it almost seems that they just kind of did the 1982 version over, even down to some of the dialogue (Kate yells "Burn It!" - MacReady yells "Burn It!"). Just seems kind of lazy.

And another thing dawned on me - if this base is a scientific outpost, why do they just happen to have flame throwers or grenades? Come to think of it, the same could be said about the 1982 version - strange I never thought about that before.

Edit:
Aww come on! A malfunctioning flame thrower in the rec room? That is lazy.....

Couple of things I did like.....
- I did like getting to see the creepy two-headed grinning creature
- Was about to scream until they show the guy who slashed his own throat
- Kate listening to "Who Can It Be Now?" (nice touch)

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 20:09 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
Wait was Hilary Swank in on the scheme, or is she there on a stakeout on her own time?

It was clever, then "why isn't this over yet?", then back to clever until she was in the bar...

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2018, 09:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Not quite while I was watching it but watched Close Encounters again yesterday for what was probably the 50th time but first since I became a father. And I have to say that it really bugs me that Richard Dreyfuss's character just leaves his kids behind to go with the aliens at the end. I mean, there's the scene after he made his big dirt sculpture where he says that he's willing to do anything and is all upset after his wife just hangs up on him... but then nothing. Still love the movie though.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 11:10 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

HA! The Batmobile lost a wheel! Where's the Joker? Is he getting away?

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 16:17 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Steel Frog wrote:

My consistent thought, during this film, was "this isn't anything like what I read. this is like the Demi Moore version of The Scarlet Letter."

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 20:44 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

My consistent thought, during this film, was "this isn't anything like what I read. this is like the Demi Moore version of The Scarlet Letter."

I think of it more as Jurassic Park. No, this isn't what I read, but I like it all the same.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2018, 10:28 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Steel Frog wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

I think of it more as Jurassic Park. No, this isn't what I read, but I like it all the same.

When I saw this with a buddy of mine, we saw the trailer for "The House with a Clock in its Walls." He saw Jack Black holding cards, and thought it was a trailer for a Clue reboot.
This led to comparing Ready Player One to Clue's alternate endings, as if Spielberg said, "You read the book, but it could've happened like this..."

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2018, 15:56 

Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

When I saw this with a buddy of mine, we saw the trailer for "The House with a Clock in its Walls." He saw Jack Black holding cards, and thought it was a trailer for a Clue reboot.
This led to comparing Ready Player One to Clue's alternate endings, as if Spielberg said, "You read the book, but it could've happened like this..."

I haven't read the book but I know people around here were disappointed the movie wasn't set in Oklahoma City.

As a non book reader, anyone mind giving me the bullet points about significant differences?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2018, 01:08 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

I haven't read the book but I know people around here were disappointed the movie wasn't set in Oklahoma City.

As a non book reader, anyone mind giving me the bullet points about significant differences?

And *ahum* perhaps open a spoiler and discussion thread for that?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2018, 07:40 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Middle wrote:
A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

And *ahum* perhaps open a spoiler and discussion thread for that?

That's crazy talk

PostPosted: 07 May 2018, 17:51 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

My son wanted to watch Killer Klowns From Outer Space. I had never realized that all the roles below were the same actress:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 13:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

RotLA

1) The poisoned darts are three days old and were found in a tree, obviously having been shot there at some previous point in time (3 days) when you were not there. How does one conclude from this information that the Hovitos are following you?

2) If it took Jones, Satipo, and the other dude at least three days to get to the temple with the idol, how does Jones run back to the plane in what seems like minutes?

3) For that matter, how did Satipo and the other guy get there if the plane was a two seater?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 18:22 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

TK421 wrote:
RotLA

1) The poisoned darts are three days old and were found in a tree, obviously having been shot there at some previous point in time (3 days) when you were not there. How does one conclude from this information that the Hovitos are following you?

2) If it took Jones, Satipo, and the other dude at least three days to get to the temple with the idol, how does Jones run back to the plane in what seems like minutes?

3) For that matter, how did Satipo and the other guy get there if the plane was a two seater?

4) How did Jones not know Jock had Reggie on board?

5) How did Jones get the Ark a) back to the submarine base, and b) past all the Nazis still at the base (they really didn't send everyone at the base to do the ritual, did they?) and c) back to America?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 18:30 

sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
RotLA

5) How did Jones get the Ark a) back to the submarine base, and b) past all the Nazis still at the base (they really didn't send everyone at the base to do the ritual, did they?) and c) back to America?

we have top men working on answers to these questions right now

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 19:01 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

alan smithee wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
RotLA

Who?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 19:09 

sldawgs wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
RotLA

Who?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 21:25 

I love it in the moments when FW still works like it did ten years ago

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 21:53 

A² wrote:
I love it in the moments when FW still works like it did ten years ago

as do I, sir. as do I.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2018, 07:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I can't fully recall, but I believe the term is "WD"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1910 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next