Movie Thoughts, as you're watching

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
redamin
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Re: Movie Thoughts, as you're watching

#1851 Post by redamin » 06 Feb 2016, 20:15

If they'd armed the Dorothy as soon as they started the chase (like they do all the other times) then this movie would have been a lot shorter. But then again Bill and Jo might not have gotten back together...

Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

#1852 Post by Dawson » 07 Feb 2016, 00:30

redamin wrote:If they'd armed the Dorothy as soon as they started the chase (like they do all the other times) then this movie would have been a lot shorter. But then again Bill and Jo might not have gotten back together...
Lol that movie still one of my guilty pleasures but so true!
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#1853 Post by sldawgs » 07 Feb 2016, 09:16

Dawson wrote:
redamin wrote:If they'd armed the Dorothy as soon as they started the chase (like they do all the other times) then this movie would have been a lot shorter. But then again Bill and Jo might not have gotten back together...
Trust Rabbit. Rabbit is good, Rabbit is wise.
Headed for the grocery store, Wish me luck.
Image Image

redamin
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#1854 Post by redamin » 07 Feb 2016, 10:16

sldawgs wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Trust Rabbit. Rabbit is good, Rabbit is wise.
I've gotta go, we've got cows.

McT
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise

#1855 Post by McT » 06 Mar 2016, 18:49

Can't help thinking that Homer Stokes is Donald Trump
Squirrel!

Dawson

#1856 Post by Dawson » 24 Mar 2016, 02:39

What an absolute piece of shit and really poor ending to a series that really was never as good as people made it out to be

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#1857 Post by Batman » 24 Mar 2016, 04:09

Dawson wrote:What an absolute piece of shit and really poor ending to a series that really was never as good as people made it out to be
Did you just rewatch "Lost"?
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Dawson

#1858 Post by Dawson » 24 Mar 2016, 04:29

Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:What an absolute piece of shit and really poor ending to a series that really was never as good as people made it out to be
Did you just rewatch "Lost"?
I loved Lost. I was one of the eejits who got up at 3am to watch the finale, which I liked :oops:

Hunger games. The first one was ok. That Hemsworth just had a goofy grin and the acting was awful. It ws ok if you wanted a Disney version of Battle Royale. Part deux was the same as part one but not as exciting.
Mockinjay part one was 3 hours of nothing. Part two was really long on the boring bits then when something did happen they squashed it all into about 3 minutes. I just didn't get it, but I understand I'm hardly the demographic. This was the first film in a long time I'd paid to see On Demand and wanted to just turn off.

Funnily enough my favourite of all the YA adaptations is probably The Maze Runner ones and they are the ones that lambasted the most so what do I know (please don't answer what I know)

Dawson

#1859 Post by Dawson » 13 Apr 2016, 11:05

So the terminator is killing the Sarah's by the phone book order. The police are really worried so they ring her again and again. Why don't they just Ho round to her apartment?

Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#1860 Post by » 17 Apr 2016, 16:46

Dawson wrote:So the terminator is killing the Sarah's by the phone book order. The police are really worried so they ring her again and again. Why don't they just Ho round to her apartment?
Are you crazy? If they go there they might run into that killing machine making the rounds. That's the last place they should go
The :) means it's all ok.

Dawson

#1861 Post by Dawson » 19 Apr 2016, 12:46

So to stop him from fighting properly they raped his girlfriend, stabbed his bosses dog and kidnapped his disabled brother. This is a lot harsher than I remember!

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#1862 Post by sldawgs » 19 Apr 2016, 13:19

Dawson wrote:So to stop him from fighting properly they raped his girlfriend, stabbed his bosses dog and kidnapped his disabled brother. This is a lot harsher than I remember!
Good thing the didn't rape his boss, stab his brother's girlfriend and kidnap his disabled dog. That would have been the last straw!
Image Image

NoShoes
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

#1863 Post by NoShoes » 19 Apr 2016, 17:19

sldawgs wrote:
Dawson wrote:So to stop him from fighting properly they raped his girlfriend, stabbed his bosses dog and kidnapped his disabled brother. This is a lot harsher than I remember!
Good thing the didn't rape his boss, stab his brother's girlfriend and kidnap his disabled dog. That would have been the last straw!
This reminds me of "I say we stomp him! Then we tattoo him! Then we hang him! And then we kill him!"
Covid Sux :balrog:

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#1864 Post by sldawgs » 19 Apr 2016, 20:02

NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
This reminds me of "I say we stomp him! Then we tattoo him! Then we hang him! And then we kill him!"
Kinky.
Image Image

Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#1865 Post by Bill » 20 Apr 2016, 21:35

Dawson wrote:So to stop him from fighting properly they raped his girlfriend, stabbed his bosses dog and kidnapped his disabled brother.
...The Aristocrats!

Dawson

#1866 Post by Dawson » 20 Apr 2016, 23:26

Bill wrote:
Dawson wrote:So to stop him from fighting properly they raped his girlfriend, stabbed his bosses dog and kidnapped his disabled brother.
...The Aristocrats!
:lol: WD

Dawson

#1867 Post by Dawson » 30 Apr 2016, 09:49

I know nothing about this sport but I really love this movie!

#1868 Post by » 17 Apr 2017, 17:25

Big, stupid and awesome- is there anything more modern American than the Fast and Furious movies? That's before you even take into account their complete disregard for collateral damage, science and laws while ultimately end up doing some good and maintaining a strong sense of family above all else.

Batman

#1869 Post by Batman » 21 Sep 2017, 06:52

I saw The Hitman's Bodyguard the other night and noted something unusually stupid near the beginning. When the Belarussian guy whose family was killed in front of him by Gary Oldman's character is giving evidence at The Hague, Gary Oldman's defense attorney objects to the evidence because it's just "hearsay". As I see it, the guy is giving direct evidence of what he saw - an eyewitness account. That's clearly not hearsay. Any lawyers out there that can confirm my thought. If there aren't any lawyers, anybody who has recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#1870 Post by knarf » 21 Sep 2017, 07:06

Batman wrote:I saw The Hitman's Bodyguard the other night and noted something unusually stupid near the beginning. When the Belarussian guy whose family was killed in front of him by Gary Oldman's character is giving evidence at The Hague, Gary Oldman's defense attorney objects to the evidence because it's just "hearsay". As I see it, the guy is giving direct evidence of what he saw - an eyewitness account. That's clearly not hearsay. Any lawyers out there that can confirm my thought. If there aren't any lawyers, anybody who has recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?
I noticed that too, and agree with you, but I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently.

NoShoes

#1871 Post by NoShoes » 21 Sep 2017, 07:57

knarf wrote:
Batman wrote:I saw The Hitman's Bodyguard the other night and noted something unusually stupid near the beginning. When the Belarussian guy whose family was killed in front of him by Gary Oldman's character is giving evidence at The Hague, Gary Oldman's defense attorney objects to the evidence because it's just "hearsay". As I see it, the guy is giving direct evidence of what he saw - an eyewitness account. That's clearly not hearsay. Any lawyers out there that can confirm my thought. If there aren't any lawyers, anybody who has recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?
I noticed that too, and agree with you, but I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently.
It was April of this year. Is that recent enough? I agree!

Batman

#1872 Post by Batman » 22 Sep 2017, 04:11

NoShoes wrote:
knarf wrote:
Apparently someone else agrees with us on IMDb. From the "Goofs" page under "Factual Errors":
Someone on IMDb wrote:When Professor Asimov testified at the trial that Dukhovich killed his wife and child, Dukhovich's attorney objected that this was hearsay and the court granted the objection and excluded the testimony. The testimony was not hearsay. Hearsay is testifying about what someone else said happened. Asimov was testifying about events that he directly witnessed and the testimony should have been allowed.

NoShoes

#1873 Post by NoShoes » 22 Sep 2017, 10:33

Batman wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
knarf wrote:
Apparently someone else agrees with us on IMDb. From the "Goofs" page under "Factual Errors":
Someone on IMDb wrote:When Professor Asimov testified at the trial that Dukhovich killed his wife and child, Dukhovich's attorney objected that this was hearsay and the court granted the objection and excluded the testimony. The testimony was not hearsay. Hearsay is testifying about what someone else said happened. Asimov was testifying about events that he directly witnessed and the testimony should have been allowed.
From www.hse.gov.uk

Hearsay
15. The general rule is that any statement, other than one made by a witness while giving evidence in the proceedings, is inadmissible as evidence of the facts stated. However, this rule only applies if the statement is given as evidence of the truth of its contents. The rule applies to both oral and written statements. The main reason for the rule is that there is otherwise no opportunity to test whether the person that made the original statement is telling the truth.

Pretty sure US rules basically follow British Common Law, so the same would apply here.

Does the World Court follow these rules as well?

Maybe in TH'sB 2 they'll clear this up by mentioning the court members had been bribed to rule incorrectly :tongue:

#1874 Post by » 25 Sep 2017, 16:52

I believe this is the least accessible film I have ever seen in a theater. Who is this for? Who leaves this thinking they had a good time or really saw something special?

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#1875 Post by alan smithee » 25 Sep 2017, 17:53

A² wrote:I believe this is the least accessible film I have ever seen in a theater. Who is this for? Who leaves this thinking they had a good time or really saw something special?
Mother!?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.