The Last Three Movies You've Watched

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
NoShoes
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#20976 Post by NoShoes » 29 Sep 2010, 14:05

dawson99 wrote:Which is the Dana Ashbrook one with the body and the military chemical waste? Thats the one i remember

this one:

Actually, both Return of the Living Dead and ROTLD Part II both start with a zombie in a military chemical waste drum. I tend to like the first one better, but both are good in a humorous way.

For more camp watch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Covid Sux :balrog:

NoShoes

#20977 Post by NoShoes » 29 Sep 2010, 14:08

For my buck.....this may be the worst.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NoShoes

#20978 Post by NoShoes » 03 Oct 2010, 11:30

Horror of Dracula
Brides of Dracula
Dracula, Prince of Darkness

(It's Hammer Time)

Humphrey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#20979 Post by Humphrey » 04 Oct 2010, 01:12

Brooklyn's Finest :1star: Brooklyn's Turdfest, more like it. What a sorry state of affairs, when Richard Gere is by far the best thing about a film! Also, Don Cheadle... just fuck off!

Black Death :4stars: Really quite entertaining. Not bad at all. Within the first twenty minutes there's two nods to Monty Python's Holy Grail (a taunting of the French, and a 'burn the witch!' mob scene), which is really quite nice.

Hoodwinked :2stars: This failed to capture my imagination or tickle my funnybone, even though I was desperate for it to amuse me.
Surgeon General's Warning: Smoke contains benzol, formaldehyde, hydrogen-cyanide and nitrosamine.

Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#20980 Post by » 04 Oct 2010, 03:00

The Exorcist :5stars: This is my pick for the scariest movie ever. After all these years, it still feels perfect to me. The only complaint I would have would be the poor effects but even those are forgivable given its age.

Lebanon :3stars: This is bleak and depressing. Movie like this make me so thankful i never had to serve in a war and makes me angry that people even feel the need to wage them in the first place.

Rocky 2 :3stars: This is good, even if it is only the 4th best movie in the franchise. Its funny how one more fight could make him go blind yet that issue conveniently never comes up again in the following 4 movies. The scenes where he's trying to film the commercials always make me uncomfortable.
The :) means it's all ok.

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#20981 Post by Batman » 04 Oct 2010, 05:46

Dog Soldiers (2002) - :2stars:. Meh. Based on Neil Marshall's follow-up, The Descent, I was expecting something a little more innovative. It was really nothing special.

The Hole in 3D (2009) - :2stars:. Meh. Story was meh. Use of 3D was meh. "Thrills" were meh. Meh, meh, meh.

9 (2009) - :2.5stars:. Great animation and an original, inventive story, but overall, pretty flat. I don't think I was ever really engaged by any of the characters.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

#20982 Post by Dawson » 04 Oct 2010, 06:54

Dog Soldiers might be a very British film. A lot of people didn't 'get it' (If there was anything to get) but I thought dog soldiers rocked, but I also loved the darkness of 9 so different strokes I guess
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

dante
Director
Director

#20983 Post by dante » 04 Oct 2010, 08:43

dawson99 wrote:Dog Soldiers might be a very British film. A lot of people didn't 'get it' (If there was anything to get) but I thought dog soldiers rocked, but I also loved the darkness of 9 so different strokes I guess
:green:

Dog Soldiers and The Descent are two of my favorite films. Doomsday was extremely disappointing.

F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

#20984 Post by F.N.G. » 04 Oct 2010, 10:45

dante wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Dog Soldiers might be a very British film. A lot of people didn't 'get it' (If there was anything to get) but I thought dog soldiers rocked, but I also loved the darkness of 9 so different strokes I guess

Dog Soldiers and The Descent are two of my favorite films. Doomsday was extremely disappointing.
but still fun, in a knowingly OTT way.
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

#20985 Post by » 04 Oct 2010, 11:25

F.N.G. wrote:
dante wrote:

but still fun, in a knowingly OTT way.
Doomsday was fun (and ridiculous)

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#20986 Post by Odd Todd » 04 Oct 2010, 13:57

I thoght Dog Soldiers was just OK until Spoony started to fist fight a werewolf and well... then it just kicked ass! :lol:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

#20987 Post by » 04 Oct 2010, 22:24

Boondock Saints :4stars: This got some backlash for being a little too hip but its awfully fun. I enjoy the way the scenes are presented and it has an interesting story and characters.

The Business of Being Born :2stars: It was a little tough for me to differientate between the crazy feminists and the real science. Still, it gave me a lot to think about, what with a baby of my own on the way.

Real Genius :4stars: I loved this movie as a teenager and that hasn't changed over the years.

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#20988 Post by alan smithee » 05 Oct 2010, 00:41

A² wrote:Rocky 2 :3stars: This is good, even if it is only the 4th best movie in the franchise. Its funny how one more fight could make him go blind yet that issue conveniently never comes up again in the following 4 movies. The scenes where he's trying to film the commercials always make me uncomfortable.
4 1 3 2 6 5 ?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Batman

#20989 Post by Batman » 05 Oct 2010, 01:09

A² wrote:Rocky 2 :3stars: This is good, even if it is only the 4th best movie in the franchise. Its funny how one more fight could make him go blind yet that issue conveniently never comes up again in the following 4 movies. The scenes where he's trying to film the commercials always make me uncomfortable.
At first I thought you were referring to the opening montage in Rocky 3, where you see all the success Rocky has achieved on the covers of magazines and appearances on TV shows. Anytime I hear "Eye of the Tiger", there's a point in the song where I can practically hear Esseff jump in with "It's the Muppet Show!"

Take a look at 2+35 into the following clip:

hamizo
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

#20990 Post by hamizo » 05 Oct 2010, 01:50

alan smithee wrote:
4 1 3 2 6 5 ?
it's more like 1 6 4 2 3 5.
Casablanca: Hometown and favourite movie!!!

#20991 Post by » 05 Oct 2010, 02:27

hamizo wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
4 1 3 2 6 5 ?
No, Smithee nailed it.

I would write it

1 3

Will
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#20992 Post by Will » 05 Oct 2010, 04:22

A² wrote:
hamizo wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
4 1 3 2 6 5 ?
No, Smithee nailed it.

I would write it

1 3

Close but it's actually..

There is no five.
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man

F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

#20993 Post by F.N.G. » 05 Oct 2010, 07:19

Will wrote:
A² wrote:
hamizo wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
4 1 3 2 6 5 ?
No, Smithee nailed it.

I would write it

1 3

There is no five.
4 3 1 2 6 5
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

Toasty
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#20994 Post by Toasty » 05 Oct 2010, 16:53

F.N.G. wrote:
Will wrote:
A² wrote:
hamizo wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
4 1 3 2 6 5 ?
No, Smithee nailed it.

I would write it

1 3

There is no five.
4 3 1 2 6 5
1 3 4 2 6 5
Elegant Violence

Batman

#20995 Post by Batman » 06 Oct 2010, 02:23

Resident Evil: Afterlife (3D) (2010) - :crapstars: . Fuck me, this was awful. I don't even want to go into specifics. I hated it so much that I don't want to spend any more time thinking about it. It's making me physically ill. Seriously. As I was typing this I threw up in my mouth a little.

The Town (2010) - :3stars:. While I never really bought the idea that Affleck's character would fall so hard for the bank teller this was still relatively entertaining. The action was good, the characters were engaging and the plot was believable, I guess. Maybe we can have some comments from real bank robbers telling me how full of shit all those scenes were.

Eat, Pray, Love (2010) - :0star:. Fucking awful. Julia Roberts plays an absolutely horrible, horrible character. This movie is less about someone "finding herself" and more about someone exhibiting a complete abdication of responsibility.

"Oooh! Look at the marvels of Italy, how the crumbling buildings hold such magical character! We don't have anything like this in New York!" Yeah, you do. It's called The Bronx.

"Oooh! Look at the secret spirituality I can gain by washing floors and meditating! I could never find this at home!" Uh, yeah, you can. The city is chock full of nut jobs selling God. Also, I'm sure just about any hospital or museum would be happy to have people volunteer to clean for free. It might not be as spiritual as they'll give you a buffing machine, but the principle is the same.

"Oooh! Bali is soooo esoteric and blah blah blah blah blah..." God, why can't she just catch some incurable tropical diseases and end this film?

#20996 Post by » 06 Oct 2010, 02:50

Angel & the Bad Man :1.5stars: I thought this was going to be a cool old John Wayne western. Unfortunately, instead of whupping ass, he just falls in love with a Puritan.

Nine Hours to Rama :2stars: I knew nothing about the assassination of Ghandi before watching this film. Now I know a little bit.

Empire of the Sun :2stars: What is Speilberg's fascination with making movies about extremely annoying kids?

The Secret of Nihm :1star: I loved this as a kid. Further evidence that kids are dumb.

Andybone
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

#20997 Post by Andybone » 06 Oct 2010, 03:45

Back To The Future (1985) - :5stars: - Ok, so it may not be a new film or anything, but I finally got to see it in the cinema. When it came out originally I was only 3, so I have waited a long time for this. Was it worth the wait? Yes, it was awesome to watch it in the cinema, but it felt a bit odd not being able to curl up on the sofa with a beer (and maybe have a snooze half way through). But overall a great film.
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.

Image Image

Dawson

#20998 Post by Dawson » 06 Oct 2010, 09:23

Been watching just anything thats on lately

The Legend of Bagger Vance :3stars: My 4rd fave golf film, actually well shot, and well acted, just one of them nice films you should watch in the afternoon sometimes

Sphere :3stars: Kinda like this as well. I like those character sci fi things when they are well done, and Hoffman is the man.

The Day after tomorro :4stars: I don't care, I like it for all it's stupidity. I think Emmy Rossum is cute, Jake plays the star and Quaid is cool as usual. Even the wolves on the ship didn't annoy me as much this time around
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#20999 Post by Steel Frog » 06 Oct 2010, 10:36

Toasty wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Will wrote:
A² wrote:
hamizo wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
4 1 3 2 6 5 ?
No, Smithee nailed it.

I would write it

1 3

There is no five.
4 3 1 2 6 5
1 3 4 2 6 5
Feist ranks the Rocky films

alan smithee

#21000 Post by alan smithee » 07 Oct 2010, 14:04

Batman wrote:"Oooh! Look at the marvels of Italy, how the crumbling buildings hold such magical character! We don't have anything like this in New York!" Yeah, you do. It's called The Bronx.
But what if she also wants to be surrounded by Italians?

(also: wd for the whole EPL commentary)
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.