The Last Three Movies You've Watched

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
Message
Author
User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21126 Post by » 09 Nov 2010, 22:28

Pieces :5stars: Around Halloween Eil Roth composed a list of his top slumber party scary movies. I was very familiar with most of the list, but the film occupying the top spot, Pieces, was a mystery to me. I consider myself to be a connoisseur of 80s slasher movies. I love them and I thought I had just about seen them all. Its hard to believe I have gone so long with a treasure like Pieces completely off my radar. It has everything I want in an 80s slasher. It has tons of carnage, generous nudity, several crazy moments that will have you laughing and an ending that has to be seen to be believed. If you enjoy 80s slasher movies, I cannot recommend any movie higher.

Jason Goes to Hell :1.5stars: On one hand, I have to give the filmmakers some credit for trying todo something new to a franchise that was getting very tired. On the other hand, this movie is ridiculous (in a bad way) and fails in just about every way. This was New Line's first attempt at a Jason movie since getting the rights from Paramount and they evidently didn't quite know what to do with it.

Jason X :2.5stars: Jason X more or less acts like Jason Goes to Hell never happened, which is not a bad idea. Even if the plot is essentially Jason taking the role of the alien from an Alien movie, it works ok. Plus, the scene where he freezes the girl's head in liquid nitrogen and then smashes it on the table is one of my favorite kills of the series.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
dante
Director
Director
Posts: 599
Joined: 21 Aug 2006, 05:31
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21127 Post by dante » 10 Nov 2010, 10:49

alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:What's a htlfaap?
How to Lose Friends & Alienate People, presumably
:green: :green:

User avatar
F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
Posts: 18902
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Gender: Male
Location: hiding under my desk...
Contact:

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21128 Post by F.N.G. » 10 Nov 2010, 13:57

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (1st time) :2.5stars: - don't get all the love (both here and elsewhere, e.g. Empire. Sure there were some very funny scenes (the big news team battle, the end (with Baxter)), but overall I found this to be too uneven to really work. The surreal moments didn't feel like they belonged (unlike in say Scrubs) and most of the straight jokes were fairly poor. Steve Carrell's character was great, as was Paul Rudd's 'tache. Meh.
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

User avatar
dante
Director
Director
Posts: 599
Joined: 21 Aug 2006, 05:31
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21129 Post by dante » 10 Nov 2010, 19:29

F.N.G. wrote:Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (1st time) :2.5stars: - don't get all the love (both here and elsewhere, e.g. Empire. Sure there were some very funny scenes (the big news team battle, the end (with Baxter)), but overall I found this to be too uneven to really work. The surreal moments didn't feel like they belonged (unlike in say Scrubs) and most of the straight jokes were fairly poor. Steve Carrell's character was great, as was Paul Rudd's 'tache. Meh.
just stumbled on this/

Steve Carell auditions for Anchorman

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30448
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21130 Post by Batman » 13 Nov 2010, 15:53

Due Date (2010) - :3.5stars:. This was a good road movie. Plenty of laughs peppered throughout the movie.

Skyline (2010) - :1star:. Did the special effects look good? Yeah, sure. But that's part of the reason this deserves such a low rating. The special effects are nothing earth-shattering. It seems as if the filmmakers had the idea for an interesting special effect first and then tacked on a lame story afterwards. This movie redefined lameness so much that it made Stephen Hawking look like Carl Lewis Usain Bolt. And as lame as that joke is, it's still about a million times better than Skyline.

Burke & Hare (2010) - :1.5stars:. John Landis was awesome. John Landis made The Blues Brothers. John Landis made Animal House. John Landis made Trading Places. However, Awesome John Landis didn't make Burke & Hare. No, the John Landis that made this movie was the John Landis that made Beverly Hills Cop III and Blues Brothers 2000. If you've seen the trailer, you've seen every single funny mildly amusing shot in the movie. I am embarrassed for what John Landis has become.
Last edited by Batman on 13 Nov 2010, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40855
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21131 Post by alan smithee » 13 Nov 2010, 15:58

Batman wrote:This movie redefined lameness so much that it made Stephen Hawking look like Carl Lewis.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30448
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21132 Post by Batman » 13 Nov 2010, 16:00

alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:This movie redefined lameness so much that it made Stephen Hawking look like Carl Lewis Usain Bolt.
Yeesh! Corrected.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21133 Post by » 15 Nov 2010, 17:26

Halloween (2009) :4stars: While I have traditionally hated all of the modern horror remakes of classics that have come down the pipe, I have to say that while I love the original Halloween, I prefer this one. Yeah, I said it.

Devil's Rejects :4stars: This is gritty, violent and disturbing. The characters expertly walk the line between repulsive and sympathetic. Zombie is my favorite current director of horror, although Roth is at least in the conversation.

Due Date :3stars: This had its moments but was far from the humor level I've come to expect from a Todd Phillips film. Some of the setups were a little too ridiculous. I don't have anything too bad to say about the movie but I also don't have much good to say. This feels like a movie that I am not going to be able to remember anything about within a few months.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18854
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21134 Post by Agrajag » 15 Nov 2010, 21:49

I have some serious catching up to do... Sorry for the extended post, but I figured better to put all in one long post rather than break these up into six 3-movie posts... I'm keeping these about the same length as my Twitter reviews, so you got that goin' for you, which is nice

January
Dexter Season 1 DVD :4stars:
Was watching Season 4 on Showtime, and wanted to catch up with the series. I enjoyed Season 1... but loved Season 4 a lot more

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest DVD :4stars:
Watched this after being in a stage production and reading the novel. I loved portions of the book, the play was fun (being one of the Aides was a bit disappointing) but the film is definitely my favorite of the three

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan Blu-Ray :4stars:
I was hooked from the topless bartenders... It was an interesting look back on the series; puts certain episodes/story arcs in a whole new light. Almost makes me want to rewatch it all (if only I had time)

Star Trek Blu-Ray :4.5stars:
My first real Blu-ray experience... and it's pretty amazing! This film looked fantastic, but it made me want a bigger TV... And surround sound... And better seats... And popcorn...

Eddie Izzard: Dress to Kill Netflix Streaming :4stars:
Hilarious! A bit dated with the Clinton jokes, but still, pretty damn funny

Youth in Revolt Cinema :3stars:
Definitely wasn't as funny as the trailers made me expect, but it has its moments. More proof that Cera is only good at being himself.

Leap Year Cinema Sneak-In :1star:
A shame to waste the talents of Goode & Adams in such drivel... Some of the worst writing I've seen this decade! [still true 10 months later]

The Young Victoria Cinema :3stars:
Blunt is pretty good, but Richardson & Broadbent steal every scene they're in. A tad long, boring & confusing.

The Lovely Bones Cinema :3stars:
Made me want to read the novel to see where these visuals came from. Ronan did good; Tucci was great; Jackson's overall vision was a bit disappointing—recall dozing off a bit near the end. Decent score.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Cinema :4stars:
Fun experience—just wish the cast that does this locally wasn't so damn annoying...

It's Complicated Cinema :2stars:
I'm trying to review a movie w/good acting but a bad script & It's Complicated :roll: I thought the four leads (Meryl, Alec, Steve & John) were great; writer/director Nancy Meyers wasn't.

Legion Cinema Sneak-In :1.5stars:
There's a huge plot hole here
Spoiler
If the angels can take over bodies and drive to this gas station, why do none of the people in the diner become possessed?
Some decent action but way too many stretches of boredom.

To Save a Life Cinema :3.5stars:
Weirdest part of watching this film was hearing the audience (most of whom must have been from a local church, as they handed out flyers for a youth pizza party during the credits) clap when the main kid gets baptized & then hoot & holler seeing him rise up in his wet t-shirt.

Tooth Fairy Cinema Sneak-In :2stars:
Can't believe some Hollywood exec actually believed in The Tooth Fairy. Johnson & Merchant are funny but the story & ending really sucked.

Edge of Darkness Cinema :2.5stars:
The accents in Edge of Dahkness were wicked annoying. Film was surprisingly slow for something based off an entire TV series. Couldn't they have cut the boring bits and kept the exciting parts? Or weren't there any exciting parts in the series?

The Book of Eli Cinema Sneak In :3.5stars:
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would [when I give up going for the Gold next year, I'll probably be sad I'll miss out on surprises like this]. There's some great action & a surprisingly decent story that falls apart in the last reel.

Extraordinary Measures Cinema Sneak-In :2.5stars:
Almost got dusty during a few scenes, but overall the film was just meh. Russel is gorgeous and their daughter was great.

Daybreakers Cinema :2.5stars:
This added some interesting twists on the vampire legend but a weak ending & annoying reliance on bat scares brought it down.
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21135 Post by » 17 Nov 2010, 03:42

Unstoppable :3.5stars: This was a lot better than it should have been, or, at least better than i expected it to be. Pine, Washington and Dawson were all solid. Despite not delivering any surprises it managed to be quite tense and dramatic. I'm curious how many liberties were taken when adapting this "true" story. I was thankful there wasn't as many of the too-tight-to-tell-what's going-on action shots that have plagued so many of Tony Scott's other films.

Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

The Thief of Bagdad :3stars: This is pretty good, particularly for a movie from 1940. It particularly had some fun effects. Having never seen this before, I was surprised by how much Disney's Alladin lifted from it.

Antichrist :2.5stars: Ugh, this is another one that wasn't a great idea to watch as an expectant father. This wasn't my first square dance with Lars Von Trier, so I had an inkling what i was getting myself into. Unfortunately, I still wasn't really prepared for some of the fucked up stuff he put on screen.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Humphrey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5035
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 01:54
Gender: Male
Location: a gin joint

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21136 Post by Humphrey » 17 Nov 2010, 04:28

A² wrote:Antichrist :2.5stars: Ugh, this is another one that wasn't a great idea to watch as an expectant father. This wasn't my first square dance with Lars Von Trier, so I had an inkling what i was getting myself into. Unfortunately, I still wasn't really prepared for some of the fucked up stuff he put on screen.
Just in case you're interested.
In the Antichrist thread I wrote:
Spoiler
I said Trier forces you to occupy problematic positions with relation to the characters.
What I mean by that is: I suspect the standard way of viewing this film is to see the story of a woman gone mad with grief and guilt over the death of her child who ultimately attempts to murder her husband, the father of the child and is ultimately murdered by him. In other words we watch a woman fall apart under the weight of woe and while we naturally understand and feel for her, our sympathy is primarily with the bewildered husband who does nothing but tries to help her get over he feelings of grief.
I suggest, however, that this is the story of a woman who is subjected to systematic mental abuse by her husband (hence her plea that he hurt her during sex: physical abuse is something she can cope with, but mental abuse is unbearable), who drives her to madness, which in turn drives her to try to kill him. Note the injuries she inflicts upon him: she crushes his nuts, bores a hole through his leg, attaches a grindstone to his leg through the hole that she made, then stabs him repeatedly with a shovel and finally with a pair of scissors. All implements and wound-types are (or can be read as) deeply symbolic. Why crush his nuts if he hasn't in some way violated her? Why puncture his flesh, why open a new hole in his body, if he had not inflicted something similar upon her? Remember, her thesis is: 'Gynocide' or the history of the torment inflicted by men upon women through the ages. One's thesis - especially in a film where nothing is accidental - reflects upon our own desires and fears, preoccupations and obsessions. So clearly, the abuse of women by men is something that is personally significant to her.
In other words, the viewer's problematic position is that they will be drawn (whether they resist this pull or not is a different matter) to sympathise with the husband (poor man saddled with a crazy woman), when the person we should be feeling for (sympathy, empathy, love, whatever you prefer) is actually the woman, the character that the film ostensibly asks you to reject/hate/root against
Surgeon General's Warning: Smoke contains benzol, formaldehyde, hydrogen-cyanide and nitrosamine.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21137 Post by » 17 Nov 2010, 04:46

Humphrey wrote:
A² wrote:Antichrist :2.5stars: Ugh, this is another one that wasn't a great idea to watch as an expectant father. This wasn't my first square dance with Lars Von Trier, so I had an inkling what i was getting myself into. Unfortunately, I still wasn't really prepared for some of the fucked up stuff he put on screen.
Just in case you're interested.
In the Antichrist thread I wrote:
Spoiler
I said Trier forces you to occupy problematic positions with relation to the characters.
What I mean by that is: I suspect the standard way of viewing this film is to see the story of a woman gone mad with grief and guilt over the death of her child who ultimately attempts to murder her husband, the father of the child and is ultimately murdered by him. In other words we watch a woman fall apart under the weight of woe and while we naturally understand and feel for her, our sympathy is primarily with the bewildered husband who does nothing but tries to help her get over he feelings of grief.
I suggest, however, that this is the story of a woman who is subjected to systematic mental abuse by her husband (hence her plea that he hurt her during sex: physical abuse is something she can cope with, but mental abuse is unbearable), who drives her to madness, which in turn drives her to try to kill him. Note the injuries she inflicts upon him: she crushes his nuts, bores a hole through his leg, attaches a grindstone to his leg through the hole that she made, then stabs him repeatedly with a shovel and finally with a pair of scissors. All implements and wound-types are (or can be read as) deeply symbolic. Why crush his nuts if he hasn't in some way violated her? Why puncture his flesh, why open a new hole in his body, if he had not inflicted something similar upon her? Remember, her thesis is: 'Gynocide' or the history of the torment inflicted by men upon women through the ages. One's thesis - especially in a film where nothing is accidental - reflects upon our own desires and fears, preoccupations and obsessions. So clearly, the abuse of women by men is something that is personally significant to her.
In other words, the viewer's problematic position is that they will be drawn (whether they resist this pull or not is a different matter) to sympathise with the husband (poor man saddled with a crazy woman), when the person we should be feeling for (sympathy, empathy, love, whatever you prefer) is actually the woman, the character that the film ostensibly asks you to reject/hate/root against
Thanks for that. I didn't even know we had an Antichrist thread.
Spoiler
How does the bit with her messing up the kid's feet work into this theory?
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Humphrey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5035
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 01:54
Gender: Male
Location: a gin joint

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21138 Post by Humphrey » 17 Nov 2010, 07:09

A² wrote:
Humphrey wrote:
A² wrote:Antichrist :2.5stars: Ugh, this is another one that wasn't a great idea to watch as an expectant father. This wasn't my first square dance with Lars Von Trier, so I had an inkling what i was getting myself into. Unfortunately, I still wasn't really prepared for some of the fucked up stuff he put on screen.
Just in case you're interested.
In the Antichrist thread I wrote:
Spoiler
I said Trier forces you to occupy problematic positions with relation to the characters.
What I mean by that is: I suspect the standard way of viewing this film is to see the story of a woman gone mad with grief and guilt over the death of her child who ultimately attempts to murder her husband, the father of the child and is ultimately murdered by him. In other words we watch a woman fall apart under the weight of woe and while we naturally understand and feel for her, our sympathy is primarily with the bewildered husband who does nothing but tries to help her get over he feelings of grief.
I suggest, however, that this is the story of a woman who is subjected to systematic mental abuse by her husband (hence her plea that he hurt her during sex: physical abuse is something she can cope with, but mental abuse is unbearable), who drives her to madness, which in turn drives her to try to kill him. Note the injuries she inflicts upon him: she crushes his nuts, bores a hole through his leg, attaches a grindstone to his leg through the hole that she made, then stabs him repeatedly with a shovel and finally with a pair of scissors. All implements and wound-types are (or can be read as) deeply symbolic. Why crush his nuts if he hasn't in some way violated her? Why puncture his flesh, why open a new hole in his body, if he had not inflicted something similar upon her? Remember, her thesis is: 'Gynocide' or the history of the torment inflicted by men upon women through the ages. One's thesis - especially in a film where nothing is accidental - reflects upon our own desires and fears, preoccupations and obsessions. So clearly, the abuse of women by men is something that is personally significant to her.
In other words, the viewer's problematic position is that they will be drawn (whether they resist this pull or not is a different matter) to sympathise with the husband (poor man saddled with a crazy woman), when the person we should be feeling for (sympathy, empathy, love, whatever you prefer) is actually the woman, the character that the film ostensibly asks you to reject/hate/root against
Thanks for that. I didn't even know we had an Antichrist thread.
Spoiler
How does the bit with her messing up the kid's feet work into this theory?
Well a single post isn't much of a thread...
Spoiler
I'm afraid you won't like the answer. It's all Freudian psychoanalysis. (One could argue that her feelings of frustration caused by the emotional abuse she is exposed to by her husband are displaced onto the foot of her (male) child. So she is trying to resolve her traumatic experiences by torturing the feet of her son. And the feet, in Freudian psychoanalysis, stand for the man's phallus. An alternative is that she is trying to make her son's feet fit an inadequate mold. Just like she is being made into that which she isn't, or isn't meant to be - a victim - she makes her son's feet be that which they aren't meant to be - the right foot the left foot, and the left foot the right foot.)
Surgeon General's Warning: Smoke contains benzol, formaldehyde, hydrogen-cyanide and nitrosamine.

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21139 Post by Dawson » 17 Nov 2010, 11:49

The Bad Leiutenent :2.5stars: I was really expecting wacky from what I'd heard, I thought the director and star was a marriage made in heaven... meh

Robin Hood :3stars: Just looked through filmflex for any film that looked half decent and ranf over 90 minutes, picked the above one and this. Enjoyed this more, although didn't really involve Nottingham Forest but that was being saved for the sequel

Hi Fidelity :4.5stars: fuck I love this film. Cusack makes it cool to watch this shit. Loses half a star for having Catherine Zeta Jones though.

Paranormal Activity :3.5stars: Someone basically did what I would have done. Saw Blair Witch
Spoiler
realized that if at the end of Blair when the camera was on the floor something had happened it would have rocked
Really surprised that I liked this film, must have been in the mood
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
Posts: 21745
Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21140 Post by Sheila1313 » 17 Nov 2010, 12:16

A² wrote: Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

3.5?
Dude! I can't watch this alone...it freaks me out. Not enough titty? :lol:
Spoiler
Come on! Alysson Paradis gives birth through her esophagus and Beatrice Dalle is the most ass-kicking evil female EVER.
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21141 Post by » 17 Nov 2010, 14:41

Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote: Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

3.5?
Dude! I can't watch this alone...it freaks me out. Not enough titty? :lol:
Spoiler
Come on! Alysson Paradis gives birth through her esophagus and Beatrice Dalle is the most ass-kicking evil female EVER.
3.5 is pretty respectable, no? Plus, I thought saying how much it disturbed me was a pretty high compliment.

Some titty would have been nice, though :)
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5917
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Gender: Female
Location: a furry little Don Quixote

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21142 Post by Buckykatt » 17 Nov 2010, 14:44

Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote: Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

3.5?
Dude! I can't watch this alone...it freaks me out. Not enough titty? :lol:
Spoiler
Come on! Alysson Paradis gives birth through her esophagus and Beatrice Dalle is the most ass-kicking evil female EVER.
Note to self: if SHEILA uses spoilervision because something is too gross? Do not open the spoiler.

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34723
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21143 Post by sldawgs » 17 Nov 2010, 14:49

Buckykatt wrote:
Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote: Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

3.5?
Dude! I can't watch this alone...it freaks me out. Not enough titty? :lol:
Spoiler
Come on! Alysson Paradis gives birth through her esophagus and Beatrice Dalle is the most ass-kicking evil female EVER.
Note to self: if SHEILA uses spoilervision because something is too gross? Do not open the spoiler.
Just wait for the avatar. :mishchief:
Headed for the grocery store, Wish me luck.
Image Image

User avatar
Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
Posts: 21745
Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21144 Post by Sheila1313 » 17 Nov 2010, 15:25

A² wrote:
Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote: Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

3.5?
Dude! I can't watch this alone...it freaks me out. Not enough titty? :lol:
Spoiler
Come on! Alysson Paradis gives birth through her esophagus and Beatrice Dalle is the most ass-kicking evil female EVER.
3.5 is pretty respectable, no? Plus, I thought saying how much it disturbed me was a pretty high compliment.

Some titty would have been nice, though :)
Yes, the fact that it disturbed you definitely counts. If it hadn't disturbed you, this would be a "please seek help" request. :lol:

So, it did in fact, lose points for it's titlessness? Seriously...whose boobs would you have wanted to see? The battered, bloody, pregnant woman or the gap-toothed psycho bitch? :o :lol:
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

User avatar
Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
Posts: 21745
Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21145 Post by Sheila1313 » 17 Nov 2010, 15:27

Buckykatt wrote:
Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote: Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

3.5?
Dude! I can't watch this alone...it freaks me out. Not enough titty? :lol:
Spoiler
Come on! Alysson Paradis gives birth through her esophagus and Beatrice Dalle is the most ass-kicking evil female EVER.
Note to self: if SHEILA uses spoilervision because something is too gross? Do not open the spoiler.
Hey...I tried to be subtle. :oops: :lol: I could have said:
Spoiler
Alysson Paradis has a dream in which she vomits amniotic fluid and then gives birth through her esophagus. :lol:
Just sayin... :lol:
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

User avatar
Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
Posts: 21745
Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21146 Post by Sheila1313 » 17 Nov 2010, 15:27

sldawgs wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:
Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote: Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

3.5?
Dude! I can't watch this alone...it freaks me out. Not enough titty? :lol:
Spoiler
Come on! Alysson Paradis gives birth through her esophagus and Beatrice Dalle is the most ass-kicking evil female EVER.
Note to self: if SHEILA uses spoilervision because something is too gross? Do not open the spoiler.
Just wait for the avatar. :mishchief:
:twisted: Mwhahahahaha
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

User avatar
Toto le Héros
FilmWise with Cheese
FilmWise with Cheese
Posts: 11600
Joined: 13 Jan 2003, 16:27
Gender: Male
Location: Paris, France, Europe, Earth.

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21147 Post by Toto le Héros » 17 Nov 2010, 23:27

Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote:
Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote: Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

3.5?
Dude! I can't watch this alone...it freaks me out. Not enough titty? :lol:
Spoiler
Come on! Alysson Paradis gives birth through her esophagus and Beatrice Dalle is the most ass-kicking evil female EVER.
3.5 is pretty respectable, no? Plus, I thought saying how much it disturbed me was a pretty high compliment.

Some titty would have been nice, though :)
Yes, the fact that it disturbed you definitely counts. If it hadn't disturbed you, this would be a "please seek help" request. :lol:

So, it did in fact, lose points for it's titlessness? Seriously...whose boobs would you have wanted to see? The battered, bloody, pregnant woman or the gap-toothed psycho bitch? :o :lol:
This vision alone makes me sick in my belly...

User avatar
Humphrey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5035
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 01:54
Gender: Male
Location: a gin joint

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21148 Post by Humphrey » 18 Nov 2010, 07:59

Karate Kid :3.5stars: Jackie Chan's best acting performance. Having said that, it's overlong, desperately racist and just a tad formulaic. The way each punch, kick and throw had to be replayed on the giant screen as if it were a SoulCalibur KO combo for the characters and the viewers properly to experience the punch, kick or throw, was shit. Again, having said that (I guess Alan Hansen must have taken over my typing fingers with all these having said thats - any moment I'll start writing at the end of the day in this day and age), it was actually a fairly enjoyable film. Jaden Smith has the effortless cool of his father and the Chinese girl was an excellent actress. The bad kid is without doubt the next Image

Lake Placid 3 :1.5stars: As the cover suggested there were boobs and arse within five minutes of the opening credits. It went downhill from there.

Body Double :3stars: Hideously complicated Hitchcock-Giallo-inspired De Palma. Not sure I liked it.

The Tournament :3stars: Robert Carlyle is a drunken priest who ends up, accidentally, in the middle of a septennial tournament for assassins. Occasionally diverting, mostly silly. Bizarre performance by newbriancox-light Liam Cunningham.

Ghost Machine :2stars: Very odd, albeit not unentertaining film that feels like a straight-to-DVD Inception. In fact, dated from 2009, this was probably suppressed as Inception went into theatres so that Inception would seem to be fresh and entirely original. Which is wasn't, anyway, but keeping this one on the shelf meant that there was one less film it was ripping off.
Surgeon General's Warning: Smoke contains benzol, formaldehyde, hydrogen-cyanide and nitrosamine.

User avatar
Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
Posts: 21745
Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21149 Post by Sheila1313 » 18 Nov 2010, 09:21

Toto le Héros wrote:
Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote:
Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote: Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

3.5?
Dude! I can't watch this alone...it freaks me out. Not enough titty? :lol:
Spoiler
Come on! Alysson Paradis gives birth through her esophagus and Beatrice Dalle is the most ass-kicking evil female EVER.
3.5 is pretty respectable, no? Plus, I thought saying how much it disturbed me was a pretty high compliment.

Some titty would have been nice, though :)
Yes, the fact that it disturbed you definitely counts. If it hadn't disturbed you, this would be a "please seek help" request. :lol:

So, it did in fact, lose points for its titlessness? Seriously...whose boobs would you have wanted to see? The battered, bloody, pregnant woman or the gap-toothed psycho bitch? :o :lol:
This vision alone makes me sick in my belly...
Sensitive males. :roll:
Last edited by Sheila1313 on 18 Nov 2010, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: The Last Three Movies You've Watched

#21150 Post by » 18 Nov 2010, 10:56

Toto le Héros wrote:
Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote:
Sheila1313 wrote:
A² wrote: Inside :3.5stars: I had heard this had some disturbing scenes but it takes quite a bit to disturb me these days so I wasn't too worried about it. Whoa. There is some shocking gore in this and there were a couple of times I had a visceral reaction to the on-screen content. This is not the best movie to watch if you have a pregnant wife.

3.5?
Dude! I can't watch this alone...it freaks me out. Not enough titty? :lol:
Spoiler
Come on! Alysson Paradis gives birth through her esophagus and Beatrice Dalle is the most ass-kicking evil female EVER.
3.5 is pretty respectable, no? Plus, I thought saying how much it disturbed me was a pretty high compliment.

Some titty would have been nice, though :)
Yes, the fact that it disturbed you definitely counts. If it hadn't disturbed you, this would be a "please seek help" request. :lol:

So, it did in fact, lose points for it's titlessness? Seriously...whose boobs would you have wanted to see? The battered, bloody, pregnant woman or the gap-toothed psycho bitch? :o :lol:
This vision alone makes me sick in my belly...
Boobs don't have to be nice or on a pretty girl for me to enjoy them.

They could have worked in a scene where the pregnant girl was relaxing in the bath prior to all the carnage.

I didn't really deduct any stars for no nudity, though. This movie didn't need it.
The :) means it's all ok.

Post Reply