GAME: When Logos Try To Get Some Attention ** CLOSED **

This is where you'll find all quizzes and games created by FilmWisers. Come on in and join the fun.
Message
Author
luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4441
Joined: 28 Mar 2003, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: Surrey, England

#101 Post by luke_os » 09 May 2003, 10:39

zen7 wrote:Im drawing a complete blank for these two.........

[not even IMDB can help me!]
Agreed.

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#102 Post by snotball » 09 May 2003, 13:08

Aaaaaand we have a tie. 2 more logos are up for Knarf and alan smithee to solve. Same rules as before only now, if the round will end earlier if I get all the guesses before the official deadline.
Bad dates

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39408
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#103 Post by alan smithee » 09 May 2003, 13:12

Damn you, Zack Galligan! Damn you!
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#104 Post by snotball » 09 May 2003, 13:14

alan smithee wrote:Damn you, Zack Galligan! Damn you!
He didn't make this game. :lol: :lol:
Bad dates

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13709
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

#105 Post by Odd Todd » 09 May 2003, 20:40

I shoulda known Gremlins 2... :rant:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#106 Post by snotball » 10 May 2003, 01:15

Hint #1 for the second question is up.
Bad dates

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#107 Post by snotball » 10 May 2003, 02:10

Got my guesses from alan smithee. Still waiting for Knarf's guesses to see if a second tie-breaker is in need
Bad dates

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#108 Post by Nunis » 10 May 2003, 05:19

Odd Todd wrote:I shoulda known Gremlins 2... :rant:
I knew Gremlins 2 but of course forgot to guess. Damn me.

Phil_Hart
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 3172
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 23:48
Gender: Male
Location: Melbourne, Australia

#109 Post by Phil_Hart » 10 May 2003, 06:42

I guessed gremlins! Damn, damn, damn!
Me too...

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#110 Post by snotball » 11 May 2003, 07:53

It seems that the knarf and alan smithee need a second tie-breaker. This is the second and final one, no matter what the final score will be.
Bad dates

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#111 Post by snotball » 11 May 2003, 22:08

After 2 tie-breakers, the game still end with a tie between knarf and alan smithee. I did try to be mean at the end, but I guess it's not that easy.
Anyway, thanks for participating and a special thanks to buff for helping me with hosting the game.
Bad dates

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39408
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#112 Post by alan smithee » 11 May 2003, 22:11

snotball wrote:After 2 tie-breakers, the game still end with a tie between knarf and alan smithee. I did try to be mean at the end, but I guess it's not that easy.
Anyway, thanks for participating and a special thanks to buff for helping me with hosting the game.
Thanks for very fun game! And congrats to knarf!
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50597
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

#113 Post by knarf » 11 May 2003, 22:19

alan smithee wrote:
snotball wrote:After 2 tie-breakers, the game still end with a tie between knarf and alan smithee. I did try to be mean at the end, but I guess it's not that easy.
Anyway, thanks for participating and a special thanks to buff for helping me with hosting the game.
Thanks for very fun game! And congrats to knarf!
And back at ya! :D

Great game snotball!!!
Image

Antoine Doinel
Director
Director
Posts: 876
Joined: 18 Apr 2003, 14:10
Gender: Male
Location: Valley of Chevreuse (France)

#114 Post by Antoine Doinel » 11 May 2003, 22:22

Yeah! Too bad it had to stop... :( but it was great! :D
A man's got to know his limitations.

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#115 Post by snotball » 11 May 2003, 22:28

Thanks guys.
Now that the game is over, I can say that I felt like a dufus, halfway into the game, when I realized that you can get most of the answers at IMDB. You were probably laughing at me and pointing fingers until I pulled out the ones that were not mentioned there. :lol:
Bad dates

Antoine Doinel
Director
Director
Posts: 876
Joined: 18 Apr 2003, 14:10
Gender: Male
Location: Valley of Chevreuse (France)

#116 Post by Antoine Doinel » 11 May 2003, 22:34

snotball wrote:Thanks guys.
Now that the game is over, I can say that I felt like a dufus, halfway into the game, when I realized that you can get most of the answers at IMDB. You were probably laughing at me and pointing fingers until I pulled out the ones that were not mentioned there. :lol:
Is that so? :o
Well, did anyone cheat? :rant:
Nah I don't think so! 8)
A man's got to know his limitations.

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4441
Joined: 28 Mar 2003, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: Surrey, England

#117 Post by luke_os » 11 May 2003, 22:38

Well I didn't cheat, as I'm sure you can tell from my score. Great Game Snotball!

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#118 Post by snotball » 11 May 2003, 22:39

alan smithee wrote:
snotball wrote:Thanks guys.
Now that the game is over, I can say that I felt like a dufus, halfway into the game, when I realized that you can get most of the answers at IMDB. You were probably laughing at me and pointing fingers until I pulled out the ones that were not mentioned there. :lol:
Damn you Zach Galligan!! http://us.imdb.com/CrazyCredits?0099700

:roll:
It's hard to take your ranting seriously with your smiling David st. Hubbins avatar. :lol:
Bad dates

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39408
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#119 Post by alan smithee » 11 May 2003, 22:42

snotball wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
snotball wrote:Thanks guys.
Now that the game is over, I can say that I felt like a dufus, halfway into the game, when I realized that you can get most of the answers at IMDB. You were probably laughing at me and pointing fingers until I pulled out the ones that were not mentioned there. :lol:
Damn you Zach Galligan!! http://us.imdb.com/CrazyCredits?0099700

:roll:
It's hard to take your ranting seriously with your smiling David st. Hubbins avatar. :lol:
I think I need a Zach Galligan avatar. And it ain't gonna be animated -- I wouldn't pay $1 for that stinker on DVD!
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#120 Post by Nunis » 12 May 2003, 07:12

I never even thought of IMDb, but now that you mention it... I didn't cheat. I thought this was one of the best visual games we have had so far - hope to see more of them soon!

And big congrats to alan smithee and the knarfster.

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#121 Post by snotball » 12 May 2003, 09:04

Thanks Nunis, and it's not cheating if it's allowed.
Bad dates

Post Reply