GAME : Let's All Have A Go!

This is where you'll find all quizzes and games created by FilmWisers. Come on in and join the fun.
Dappucino
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#26 Post by Dappucino » 27 Apr 2003, 13:58

A2 wrote:
Dappucino wrote:I'd like to join in but I'm bad at coming up with games. Plus, I don't have Photoshop or anything special like that to help me with movie images :-?
Aww c'mon give it a try. I bet you can come up with something. Just make yours a text game.
Yeah I guess I could do that...alright, count me in :D

Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#27 Post by » 27 Apr 2003, 15:20

Dappucino wrote:
A2 wrote:
Dappucino wrote:I'd like to join in but I'm bad at coming up with games. Plus, I don't have Photoshop or anything special like that to help me with movie images :-?
Aww c'mon give it a try. I bet you can come up with something. Just make yours a text game.
Yeah I guess I could do that...alright, count me in :D
atta girl :D

What does that even mean? It seemed like an appropriate thing to say, but it sure sounds odd.
The :) means it's all ok.

kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#28 Post by kinggrl » 27 Apr 2003, 18:10

Hmmm... I guess I'm in too, then. *must come up with something*

Patsy Klubb
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Re: GAME : Let's All Have A Go!

#29 Post by Patsy Klubb » 28 Apr 2003, 01:25

luke_os wrote:I have a new idea for a game. My idea is a game split into rounds. Every player that signs up should host a round themselves. Peoples rounds should be of average difficulty (just make it fair). Start signing up:
I like the idea - sign me up.
"BRING INNOCENCE TO ME!"

Antoine Doinel
Director
Director

#30 Post by Antoine Doinel » 28 Apr 2003, 02:29

My game is ready... Waiting for the green light...
A man's got to know his limitations.

Patsy Klubb
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#31 Post by Patsy Klubb » 28 Apr 2003, 02:35

Will there be a playing order, who's game first etc.?
"BRING INNOCENCE TO ME!"

marla
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#32 Post by marla » 28 Apr 2003, 03:21

I am in, too .. gives me a little pressure to get a new idea :)

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#33 Post by luke_os » 28 Apr 2003, 08:11

I have just updated the first post with the order and dates you will be hosting your round. I have put the people who asked to go first to the front and people who asked for a delay to the back and everyone else just in alphabetical order. If anyone has any problems with their designated date then tell me and I will change you to wherever you want.

The rounds will last from:
Tuesday - Thursday
Thursday - Saturday
Saturday - Tuesday (If you are not on at the weekends then you have monday and tuesday to catch up so hopefully this will not cause any problems)

Could everyone please post their rounds between 6pm and 9pm GMT. Again if this isn't possible then just tell me and I'll sort it out.

Rounds should be out of 20pts and at the end of every round could the host please PM me with the final scores so I can update the scoreboard.

I will send you a reminder before your round in case you forget so don't worry.

Gentle, I hope your OK to kick us off tomorrow.

Any questions, just ask.

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#34 Post by luke_os » 28 Apr 2003, 08:14

PEOPLE ARE STILL WELCOME TO JOIN UP AT ANY TIME BEFORE THE FIRST ROUND IS OVER.

#35 Post by » 28 Apr 2003, 08:15

Luke, of all the days people are signed up for the only one I know I am going to out of town on is the one I am scheduled for. Can you switch me with someone? I can be ready to go with a one or two day notice.

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#36 Post by knarf » 28 Apr 2003, 08:22

Suggestion - Unless you're limiting the game to people who are hosting a round, you may need to have two leader boards. Unless you get to answer the round you create (Instant 20 points! :D ) people that aren't hosting a round have an advantage. Actually, the 20 "gimme" points may be a good way of doing it, something for the folks that are participating more (which seems to be about everyone, so it may not matter anyway).

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#37 Post by luke_os » 28 Apr 2003, 08:23

A2 wrote:Luke, of all the days people are signed up for the only one I know I am going to out of town on is the one I am scheduled for. Can you switch me with someone? I can be ready to go with a one or two day notice.
I'll switch with you A2. I think I was scheduled for Thursday 15th May. Are you OK to go then?

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#38 Post by luke_os » 28 Apr 2003, 08:27

knarf wrote:Suggestion - Unless you're limiting the game to people who are hosting a round, you may need to have two leader boards. Unless you get to answer the round you create (Instant 20 points! :D ) people that aren't hosting a round have an advantage. Actually, the 20 "gimme" points may be a good way of doing it, something for the folks that are participating more (which seems to be about everyone, so it may not matter anyway).
I dont entirely understand what you are saying. Are you saying that everyone gets 20pts automatically for hosting a round. I was thinking that perhaps the host could get the average of the scores in his/her round. That way if someone makes a really hard round then they get very few points whereas if someone makes a really easy round then they get lots of points.

#39 Post by » 28 Apr 2003, 08:42

luke_os wrote:
knarf wrote:Suggestion - Unless you're limiting the game to people who are hosting a round, you may need to have two leader boards. Unless you get to answer the round you create (Instant 20 points! :D ) people that aren't hosting a round have an advantage. Actually, the 20 "gimme" points may be a good way of doing it, something for the folks that are participating more (which seems to be about everyone, so it may not matter anyway).
I dont entirely understand what you are saying. Are you saying that everyone gets 20pts automatically for hosting a round. I was thinking that perhaps the host could get the average of the scores in his/her round. That way if someone makes a really hard round then they get very few points whereas if someone makes a really easy round then they get lots of points.
I like the average points idea.

Also, May 15th works for me. Can anyone convert the starting time into a US timezone for me. I can figure it out from there, but I always get all screwed up trying to convert GMT.

McT
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise

#40 Post by McT » 28 Apr 2003, 08:49

Sign me up for a round Luke
Squirrel!

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#41 Post by knarf » 28 Apr 2003, 08:53

luke_os wrote:
Averaging, or maybe getting the same as the top score someone gets in your round (to make it simpler), sounds better than an automatic 20.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#42 Post by Gren » 28 Apr 2003, 08:59

Averaging sounds slightly dubious to me. Won't that just encourage everybody to make easy games?
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#43 Post by luke_os » 28 Apr 2003, 09:02

Gren wrote:Averaging sounds slightly dubious to me. Won't that just encourage everybody to make easy games?
If everyone makes easy games then not only will they get a high score but so will everyone else so they wont get any advantage.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#44 Post by Gren » 28 Apr 2003, 09:03

A2 wrote:Also, May 15th works for me. Can anyone convert the starting time into a US timezone for me. I can figure it out from there, but I always get all screwed up trying to convert GMT.
18.00 in Britain (either GMT or BST, depending on what you call it) is,

13.00 EST
10.00 PST
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#45 Post by luke_os » 28 Apr 2003, 09:03

Antoine, are you OK to go first? Gentle might not be free tomorrow he has told me.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#46 Post by Gren » 28 Apr 2003, 09:05

luke_os wrote:
Gren wrote:Averaging sounds slightly dubious to me. Won't that just encourage everybody to make easy games?
If everyone makes easy games then not only will they get a high score but so will everyone else so they wont get any advantage.
Aaah, touche

He was glad to get it.

kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#47 Post by kinggrl » 28 Apr 2003, 09:14

I agree. I don't like the averaging idea or the "highest score" idea. I might be a bit of a pessimist, but what if someone loses by one point only because other people didn't do very well at his or her round? I personally think that playing should be limited to people who are contributing. Then, since everyone will be putting up a 20 point round, we won't have to worry about it. Equal points.

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#48 Post by luke_os » 28 Apr 2003, 09:17

kinggrl wrote:
I agree. I don't like the averaging idea or the "highest score" idea. I might be a bit of a pessimist, but what if someone loses by one point only because other people didn't do very well at his or her round? I personally think that playing should be limited to people who are contributing. Then, since everyone will be putting up a 20 point round, we won't have to worry about it. Equal points.
OK. I'll think I'll go with this. No points on your own round. Although if you do an early round you will be behind a bit it will even itself out so it'll be alright.

#49 Post by » 28 Apr 2003, 09:27

luke_os wrote: OK. I'll think I'll go with this. No points on your own round. Although if you do an early round you will be behind a bit it will even itself out so it'll be alright.
Hopefully no one will have any ridiculously hard rounds to get an edge.

#50 Post by » 28 Apr 2003, 09:28

Gren wrote:
A2 wrote:Also, May 15th works for me. Can anyone convert the starting time into a US timezone for me. I can figure it out from there, but I always get all screwed up trying to convert GMT.
18.00 in Britain (either GMT or BST, depending on what you call it) is,

13.00 EST
10.00 PST
Great, so I just subtract 6. Thanks.