The Host Game - Gentle - Round 2

This is where you'll find all quizzes and games created by FilmWisers. Come on in and join the fun.
gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

The Host Game - Gentle - Round 2

#1 Post by gentle » 01 May 2003, 12:12

Round 2
How did they die and where???

Below you will find a list of characters that appeared in The Godfather trilogy, (The Godfather, The Godfather, Part II or The Godfather, Part III.) Unfortunately (for them) they all died in one of those films. All that you have to do is tell me how they died. If you think that they were murdered, tell me who killed them. If you think that they died of “natural causes” then just put natural causes. If you think they died in “some other way”, tell me how. You must also tell me which of the three films each event took place in. You must answer both parts for the point. You will get 1 point for each correct answer. Please do not PM you answers until you have attempted all that you can. You will only have one guess.

1.Fredo Corlone
2.Joey Zaza
3.Don Altobello
4.Virgil Sollozo
5.Don Fanucci
6.Johnny Ola
7.Don Tommasino
8.Mosca
9.Mary Corleone
10.Don Ciccio
11.Captain McCluskey
12.Carlo Rizzi
13.Michal Corleone
14.Frankie Pentangeli
15.Apollonia Corleon
16.Don Barzini
17.Hyman Roth
18.Licio Lucchesi
19.Archbishop Gilday
20.Don Vito Corleone

Clues.
Some killers may have killed more than once.
Don’t forget suicide as an option for “some other way”
More than one died of “natural causes”

Any problems or questions, PM me. PM you answers to GENTLE. I would rather you didn't use IMDB etc. but as i can't stop you, do as you wish. I hope the round is not too easy to search for the answers.

Good luck.
Last edited by gentle on 02 May 2003, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.
"Magic is the first and last religion of the world. It has the power to make us whole, to open our eyes to the Dominions, and return us to ourselves. We are born divided, and long for union. We're joined to everything that was, is and will be. From one end of the Imajica to the other."

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2 Post by gentle » 02 May 2003, 05:30

#6 (Johnny Ola) seems to be causing some confusion. I need a NAME for this one, nothing else will do. If you have already sent your answers, you are allowed to re submit for this one.
"Magic is the first and last religion of the world. It has the power to make us whole, to open our eyes to the Dominions, and return us to ourselves. We are born divided, and long for union. We're joined to everything that was, is and will be. From one end of the Imajica to the other."

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#3 Post by luke_os » 02 May 2003, 07:29

OK. We need to submit : how they died, who killed them, and in which movie for one point. And I've only seen Part I ages ago.

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4 Post by gentle » 02 May 2003, 07:49

More confusion :o When i say "How they died" all i want is,

1. Killed by who, not how.
2. If by "some other way", what was it. e.g. Suicide.
3. In which film.

I do not need the exact method of each murder. Sorry to those of you who have already worked out the methods.

plaxii
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#5 Post by plaxii » 02 May 2003, 10:16

question about the who if a hit was put out ie mike told someoen to kill someone is mike the killer or do you need the person who did the deed
I am in a world of shit

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#6 Post by gentle » 02 May 2003, 10:43

plaxii wrote:question about the who if a hit was put out ie mike told someoen to kill someone is mike the killer or do you need the person who did the deed
I need the name of the person who actualy did the killing. I DO NOT need to know how they did it. E.g. shooting, stabbing etc. i also need to know what film it happened in. 1, 2, or 3.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#7 Post by Nunis » 02 May 2003, 11:36

gentle, no personal attack on you, but some people (including me) actually have not seen these films, and I am not even gonna bother trying to find them. Please don't take this the wrong way, cause it's a neat idea for a game, but just sticking to one film (ok, one trilogy) is a bit ridiculous. As I said, not every has seen them, even if they are 'classic', or whatever.

I abstain from playing.

Ze
Meh
Meh

#8 Post by Ze » 02 May 2003, 12:09

Nunis wrote:gentle, no personal attack on you, but some people (including me) actually have not seen these films, and I am not even gonna bother trying to find them. Please don't take this the wrong way, cause it's a neat idea for a game, but just sticking to one film (ok, one trilogy) is a bit ridiculous. As I said, not every has seen them, even if they are 'classic', or whatever.

I abstain from playing.
I abstain too ( I haven't seen any of the Godfather's)

Katgirl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#9 Post by Katgirl » 02 May 2003, 12:28

ze424 wrote:
Nunis wrote:gentle, no personal attack on you, but some people (including me) actually have not seen these films, and I am not even gonna bother trying to find them. Please don't take this the wrong way, cause it's a neat idea for a game, but just sticking to one film (ok, one trilogy) is a bit ridiculous. As I said, not every has seen them, even if they are 'classic', or whatever.

I abstain from playing.
I abstain too ( I haven't seen any of the Godfather's)
Well...you guy's need to go out and see them now!! All three!! I'm not bustin your chops...it just has to be done!! :) :D :lol:

plaxii
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#10 Post by plaxii » 02 May 2003, 12:32

well maybe not the last one
I am in a world of shit

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#11 Post by Nunis » 02 May 2003, 12:41

I know not seeing them is my crime. I just can't get them in rental here and 75 euro is still too much money for anyone on a student's income.

Ze
Meh
Meh

#12 Post by Ze » 02 May 2003, 12:43

Nunis wrote:I know not seeing them is my crime. I just can't get them in rental here and 75 euro is still too much money for anyone on a student's income.
same here... but my mom works for a magazine and she's asking the guy who does the movies page :D :D :D :D :D :D I'll have them all seen by the end of the month!!! :D :D :D

Toto le Héros
FilmWise with Cheese
FilmWise with Cheese

#13 Post by Toto le Héros » 02 May 2003, 13:04

I'm glad you're gonna see them soon...I know Dumb and Dumber are important,
in a way, for movie culture but you got to try something else... :D

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#14 Post by luke_os » 02 May 2003, 13:06

Despite having only seen one of them I'm still gonna have a go. You might as well. Just for the fun of it.

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#15 Post by snotball » 02 May 2003, 13:14

Toto le Héros wrote:I'm glad you're gonna see them soon...I know Dumb and Dumber are important,
in a way, for movie culture but you got to try something else... :D
Damn, I feel so uncultured now. :(
Bad dates

Toto le Héros
FilmWise with Cheese
FilmWise with Cheese

#16 Post by Toto le Héros » 02 May 2003, 13:20

I'm only joking guys. Cheers. :D

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#17 Post by snotball » 02 May 2003, 13:25

I was refering to Dumb and Dumber. :roll:
Bad dates

Toto le Héros
FilmWise with Cheese
FilmWise with Cheese

#18 Post by Toto le Héros » 02 May 2003, 13:27

You didn't see that?!??
They let anybody come in here!! :lol:

Antoine Doinel
Director
Director

#19 Post by Antoine Doinel » 02 May 2003, 13:33

I haven't seen 'Dumb and Dumber' either... There's no hurry, I guess... Though I loved 'Me, Myself and Irene' and liked 'There's Something about Mary'...

I had seen the three godfathers (I'm not talking about the John Ford movie, which is splendid, by the way) a long time ago, and they happen to be missing in my tape collection... But... a friend of mine has them... :)
I'll just have to fill the blanks, I guess...
A man's got to know his limitations.

Toto le Héros
FilmWise with Cheese
FilmWise with Cheese

#20 Post by Toto le Héros » 02 May 2003, 13:37

A friend oh mine and me missed the movie we planned to see and we decided to try "this crap". Our expectations were very low and we were the only ones to laugh our asses off in the theater.
The pepper scene almost killed me. I'm dead serious. :lol:

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#21 Post by alan smithee » 02 May 2003, 17:31

Nunis wrote:I know not seeing them is my crime. I just can't get them in rental here and 75 euro is still too much money for anyone on a student's income.
That is the crime! The Godfathers aren't easy to rent there? I've got to remeber to bring my copy if I ever visit Ireland!

("I'm sure that in San Francisco, The Godfather is available at every corner drugstore, but in Ireland it's a little hard to come by...")
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#22 Post by gentle » 02 May 2003, 23:10

I abstain from playing.
I wonder if you would have still thought that my round was "RIDICULOUS" if it had been on "Cool Hand Luke" or some other Newman film :-?

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#23 Post by luke_os » 02 May 2003, 23:19

gentle wrote:

I abstain from playing.
I wonder if you would have still thought that my round was "RIDICULOUS" if it had been on "Cool Hand Luke" or some other Newman film :-?
Gentle, dont take it as an insult. It wasn't meant as one.
Nunis and ze424 probably just find it annoying cos they cant score any points in this round.

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#24 Post by gentle » 02 May 2003, 23:57

luke_os wrote:
gentle wrote:

I abstain from playing.
Gentle, dont take it as an insult. It wasn't meant as one.
Nunis and ze424 probably just find it annoying cos they cant score any points in this round.

Luke, can you answer the PM i sent you please.

Phil_Hart
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#25 Post by Phil_Hart » 03 May 2003, 00:01

I'm not even going to try.

Being one of the few people to have never seen any of the Godfather movies, I feel it is my duty to protest.

Make love :grope: , Not War :blowup: !
Me too...