Host Game Round 4 - Dappucino

This is where you'll find all quizzes and games created by FilmWisers. Come on in and join the fun.
Message
Author
User avatar
Dappucino
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7571
Joined: 05 Nov 2002, 11:13
Gender: Female
Location: Babylon

Host Game Round 4 - Dappucino

#1 Post by Dappucino » 06 May 2003, 11:09

Okay, for this game, I've taken the idea of the Boyz' text quiz, "Prelude to a kiss." I'm going to give a few quotes that are followed by a kiss and you're going to have to name the movie AND the characters or actor/actresses involved.
Two points for each question, one for naming the movie, and one for naming each character.
You get 3 guesses for the whole round.
PM the answers to me...and there ya go.
(Forgive me if the quotes aren't too accurate.)

  • 1. "...And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
    "See, that's the thing about you _______! You say things liket that that make it impossible for me to hate you. And I hate you, _______. I really hate you!"
    (kiss)

    2. "Wait, wait, stop, this isn't right..."
    "What, am I moving too fast? I'm moving too fast."
    "No, no, that's not it. Something's missing.....oh, I know! <slap> Welcome Home!"
    (kiss)

    3. "Did you mean what you said up there?"
    "Well yeah, I just want you to be happy _____."
    "But I'd be happiest with you!"
    "But what about Brett Fa..vre?"
    "What did I tell you the first time we met? I'm a Niners fan."
    (kiss)

    4. "I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?
    "Well...you were dead."
    "Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."
    "I will never doubt again."
    (kiss)

    5. "I see ____ because I want to. I see ____ because he can't hide the good inside of him. I see ____ because he treats me like _____ ______ and not some Veronica Lake look-alike who fucks for money."
    (kiss)

    6. "I have to warn you, I've heard relationships based on intense experiences never work."
    "Okay. We'll just have to base it on sex then."
    (kiss)

    7. "I think I have a superhero stalker."
    "I was in the neighborhood."
    "You are amazing."
    "Some people don't think so.."
    "But you are."
    "Nice to have a fan."
    "Do I get to say thank you this time?"
    (kiss)

    8. "I have to leave you now. I'm going to that corner there and turn. You must stay in the car and drive away. Promise not to watch me go beyond the corner. Just drive away and leave me as I leave you."
    "Alright."
    "I don't know how to say goodbye. I can't think of any words."
    "Don't try."
    (kiss)

    9. "You said you'd bind yourself to me, forsaking the immortal life of your people."
    "And to that I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone. [hands him her pendant] I choose a mortal life."
    "You cannot give me this."
    "It is mine to give to whom I will...like my heart."
    (kiss)

    10. "My brother hates all the world and you most of all."
    "Because your father chose me."
    "No because my father loved you...and because I loved you."
    "A long time ago."
    "Was I very different then?"
    "You laughed more."
    "I have felt alone all my life, except with you. I must go."
    "Yes."
    (kiss)
Last edited by Dappucino on 06 May 2003, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

Antoine Doinel
Director
Director
Posts: 876
Joined: 18 Apr 2003, 14:10
Gender: Male
Location: Valley of Chevreuse (France)

#2 Post by Antoine Doinel » 06 May 2003, 11:14

Great! I've found three titles already! :D
A man's got to know his limitations.

lttletimmy
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2520
Joined: 01 Oct 2002, 16:00

#3 Post by lttletimmy » 06 May 2003, 11:24

awesomeness, how many guesses do we get on each?

User avatar
Dappucino
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7571
Joined: 05 Nov 2002, 11:13
Gender: Female
Location: Babylon

#4 Post by Dappucino » 06 May 2003, 11:31

You get three guesses for the whole round.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#5 Post by JJ » 06 May 2003, 11:40

Dappucino wrote:You get three guesses for the whole round.
Shoot. There goes my hope of getting all ten correct.
La la la la la.

User avatar
Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
Posts: 21745
Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

#6 Post by Sheila1313 » 06 May 2003, 11:46

Aaaaw...very touching, Dapps! Especially the living dead love scene! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39437
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#7 Post by alan smithee » 06 May 2003, 11:48

Dappucino wrote:You get three guesses for the whole round.
Does that mean that I (or anyone else playing :) ) should send you a PM with a guess for each of the 10 then, once you respond, we can do this two more times?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13709
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

#8 Post by Odd Todd » 06 May 2003, 11:59

Damn.... I should have signed up for this game... I know 7...
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7567
Joined: 19 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Cowtown
Contact:

#9 Post by kinggrl » 06 May 2003, 11:59

Odd Todd wrote:Damn.... I should have signed up for this game... I know 7...
Why didn't you?

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13709
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

#10 Post by Odd Todd » 06 May 2003, 12:04

kinggrl wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:Damn.... I should have signed up for this game... I know 7...
Why didn't you?
I'm not creative enough to make my own game... :lol:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35061
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

#11 Post by » 06 May 2003, 12:22

Odd Todd wrote:
kinggrl wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:Damn.... I should have signed up for this game... I know 7...
Why didn't you?
I'm not creative enough to make my own game... :lol:
Just rip off one from the Boyz or somebody else around here. That's what the rest of us are doing :D
The :) means it's all ok.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13709
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

#12 Post by Odd Todd » 06 May 2003, 12:36

A2 wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
kinggrl wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:Damn.... I should have signed up for this game... I know 7...
Why didn't you?
I'm not creative enough to make my own game... :lol:
Just rip off one from the Boyz or somebody else around here. That's what the rest of us are doing :D
Oh and... I'm honest :roll: :lol:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
Dappucino
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7571
Joined: 05 Nov 2002, 11:13
Gender: Female
Location: Babylon

#13 Post by Dappucino » 06 May 2003, 12:45

Odd Todd wrote:
A2 wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
kinggrl wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:Damn.... I should have signed up for this game... I know 7...
Why didn't you?
I'm not creative enough to make my own game... :lol:
Just rip off one from the Boyz or somebody else around here. That's what the rest of us are doing :D
Oh and... I'm honest :roll: :lol:
What're you trying to say, huh? :x :tongue:

User avatar
Dappucino
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7571
Joined: 05 Nov 2002, 11:13
Gender: Female
Location: Babylon

#14 Post by Dappucino » 06 May 2003, 12:46

alan smithee wrote:
Dappucino wrote:You get three guesses for the whole round.
Does that mean that I (or anyone else playing :) ) should send you a PM with a guess for each of the 10 then, once you respond, we can do this two more times?
Yep.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13709
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

#15 Post by Odd Todd » 06 May 2003, 13:04

Dappucino wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
A2 wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
kinggrl wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:Damn.... I should have signed up for this game... I know 7...
Why didn't you?
I'm not creative enough to make my own game... :lol:
Just rip off one from the Boyz or somebody else around here. That's what the rest of us are doing :D
Oh and... I'm honest :roll: :lol:
What're you trying to say, huh? :x :tongue:
That you guys make the bestest game? :wink:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#16 Post by snotball » 06 May 2003, 13:47

Good game Dapps, even though I recognize only 4 for the time being.
Bad dates

User avatar
Dappucino
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7571
Joined: 05 Nov 2002, 11:13
Gender: Female
Location: Babylon

#17 Post by Dappucino » 06 May 2003, 14:04

Thanks everyone! And if you're having a really really really hard time figuring out some of the questions, you can use IMDB.

Katgirl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 1837
Joined: 17 Jan 2003, 13:21
Gender: Male
Location: The State of Irony

#18 Post by Katgirl » 07 May 2003, 00:20

Great game Dapps!!! Im racking my brain... :joker:

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2177
Joined: 01 Apr 2003, 02:27
Gender: Male
Contact:

#19 Post by gentle » 07 May 2003, 01:09

I think that i know 9 of them :-? #2 is givin' problems. I feel like i should now it :o :o :o
"Magic is the first and last religion of the world. It has the power to make us whole, to open our eyes to the Dominions, and return us to ourselves. We are born divided, and long for union. We're joined to everything that was, is and will be. From one end of the Imajica to the other."

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#20 Post by Nunis » 07 May 2003, 03:10

gentle wrote:I think that i know 9 of them :-? #2 is givin' problems. I feel like i should now it :o :o :o
I have all except #2 also. *frustrating*

User avatar
McT
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Posts: 14472
Joined: 09 Dec 2002, 09:30
Gender: Male
Location: Stuck in a sand trap

#21 Post by McT » 07 May 2003, 04:55

Same here. All but #2!
Squirrel!

marla
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6002
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 08:37

#22 Post by marla » 07 May 2003, 04:57

funny. #2 was one of the three I knew immediately :roll:

User avatar
McT
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Posts: 14472
Joined: 09 Dec 2002, 09:30
Gender: Male
Location: Stuck in a sand trap

#23 Post by McT » 07 May 2003, 04:58

marla wrote:funny. #2 was one of the three I knew immediately :roll:
Yes...That is...funny... :balrog: :balrog: :balrog:
Squirrel!

marla
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6002
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 08:37

#24 Post by marla » 07 May 2003, 05:16

I don't know 3 and 4, so you can find that funny :roll:

User avatar
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Posts: 17956
Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Gender: Male
Location: Salford, England
Contact:

#25 Post by Gren » 07 May 2003, 06:25

Well now I feel weird because I knew 2, 3 & 4 straight off the bat, and I suck!
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Post Reply