Film Riddle - #2 (from Luke_os)

This is where you'll find all quizzes and games created by FilmWisers. Come on in and join the fun.
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#101 Post by Gren » 16 May 2003, 16:27

Is this riddle really so hard? At first there was lots of interest, but now nobody seems to care apart from when I drop a hint. If I give out many more clues I may as well tell you the answer. What I will say is the method you need hasn't even been mentioned yet. As JJ requested I will review the relevant information.

:mishchief: The 8 people are:
Vinnie Jones
Meat Loaf
Antonio Banderas
?
Drew Barrymore
Christina Pickles
Billy Crudup
Harrison Ford

:mishchief: They have all co-starred with BRAD PITT

:mishchief: The order in which they are sat is relevant

:mishchief: "Spelling" has something to with it (but nothing to do with Tori or any other spelling)

I could possibly give 1 more clue before the answer becomes obvious. I will put it up some time over the weekend if it doesn't get solved before. But come on you riddlers, you have to keep your mind sharp for the next contest. Maybe I should have sent it to Net Riddle they seem to enjoy unanswerable riddles. :roll: (This riddle has an answer)
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#102 Post by alan smithee » 16 May 2003, 17:07

Gren wrote: :mishchief: They have all co-starred with BRAD PITT
My, that's eight letters. And there are eight people. What a coincidence! :roll:

(What to do with this "coincidence", I have idea. :-? )
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Ze
Meh
Meh

#103 Post by Ze » 17 May 2003, 01:26

Has it got something to do with the movies (in which they co-starred) release dates?

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#104 Post by gentle » 17 May 2003, 02:23

Now we are getting somewhere :D :D :D

Vinnie Jones, Bullet Tooth Tony, Snatch
Meat Loaf, Robert 'Bob' Paulson, Fight Club
Antonio Banderas, Armand, Interview with Vampire
? ? ?
Drew Barrymore, Penny Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Christina Pickles, Isabel Ludlow, Legends of the Fall
Billy Crudup, Tommy Marcano, Sleepers
Harrison Ford, Tom O'Meara, Devils Own

The missing character name begins with "D"
"Magic is the first and last religion of the world. It has the power to make us whole, to open our eyes to the Dominions, and return us to ourselves. We are born divided, and long for union. We're joined to everything that was, is and will be. From one end of the Imajica to the other."

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#105 Post by gentle » 17 May 2003, 02:25

Is it...

George Clooney (Danny Ocean)

If it is, i got it on my 500th post :D :D :D
"Magic is the first and last religion of the world. It has the power to make us whole, to open our eyes to the Dominions, and return us to ourselves. We are born divided, and long for union. We're joined to everything that was, is and will be. From one end of the Imajica to the other."

marla
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#106 Post by marla » 17 May 2003, 04:32

:o :o this is a little bit scary :o :o you think he decided to take the roles because of that? :joker:

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#107 Post by Gren » 18 May 2003, 06:06

And Gentle is correct, as promised here's your smile (from the mystery guest himself!)

Last edited by Gren on 19 May 2003, 02:59, edited 1 time in total.
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#108 Post by luke_os » 18 May 2003, 08:11

OK. I have Gren's permission to use his thread so I'm gonna have a go at a riddle. Same sort of thing only mine isn't as well presented as Gren's cos I dont have any webspace. Same as Gren I will let things run for a few days then answer any q's if needed.

OK. So these ten film-stars are sitting are talking about favourite films, awards, recent co-stars and just general film stuff. Then one of them points out that someone else was invited. Who is missing?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ze
Meh
Meh

#109 Post by Ze » 18 May 2003, 08:25

Sam Rockwell
??
Catherine Zeta-Jones
Matt Damon
??
Elliott Gould
Jim Carrey
Drew Barrimore
Chris Klein
Julia Roberts

Who's missing? No idea!

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#110 Post by Gren » 18 May 2003, 10:10

The other 2 are Richard Attenborough and that guy out of Fast & The Furious, Paul something.

He was glad to get it.

marla
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#111 Post by marla » 18 May 2003, 10:12

Paul Walker

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#112 Post by Gren » 18 May 2003, 10:21

Excellent, so now we have all the people. All we need now is the link :-?

He was glad to get it.

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#113 Post by gentle » 18 May 2003, 10:26

1. Sam Rockwell
2. Richard Attenborough
3. Catherine Zeta-Jones
4. Matt Damon
5. Paul Walker
6. Elliott Gould
7. Jim Carrey
8. Drew Barrimore
9. Chris Klein
10. Julia Roberts

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#114 Post by Gren » 19 May 2003, 02:00

Has anybody any thoughts on this? I tried 2 angles, first I looked for a common co-star without much luck. Then I tried to find a link between Paul Walker and Chris Klein, because they've had the shortest careers, but again came up with nothing. :-?

He was glad to get it.

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#115 Post by gentle » 19 May 2003, 02:11

I have tried the Co-star thing too but with no luck. I am looking at film rolls/parts at the mo.

Dappucino
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#116 Post by Dappucino » 19 May 2003, 02:14

Gren wrote:Has anybody any thoughts on this? I tried 2 angles, first I looked for a common co-star without much luck. Then I tried to find a link between Paul Walker and Chris Klein, because they've had the shortest careers, but again came up with nothing. :-?
They've both starred with Leelee Sobieski, if that helps :-? With Paul Walker in Joyride and Chris Klein in Here on Earth.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#117 Post by Gren » 19 May 2003, 02:33

Yeah, but that doesn't stretch to many of the others. Unless it's one of those, he starred with her in that, then she starred with him in that etc., in which case this would be very hard.

He was glad to get it.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#118 Post by Gren » 19 May 2003, 15:15

I'm intrigued by the riddle Luke but also completely stuck. Any chance of a hint or you answering some questions, or ruling out ideas we've had that are barking up the wrong tree? I like thinking about riddles that you have a chance of solving (i'm hopeless at chrades/charades (whatever) and cryptograms), and want to keep this thread going but it's hard to retain interests, especially as it seems nobody else is interested :-? (I'll keep playing on my own if I have to :) )

He was glad to get it.

MacManus
Director
Director

#119 Post by MacManus » 19 May 2003, 17:30

I keep checking in on ya Gren, and if I ever figure something out, or get an idea I will let you know, but I am pretty stumped on it at the moment.
"... and I'll dip my balls in marinara
sauce so those fat bastards can get a taste of home while they're at it! "

luke_os
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#120 Post by luke_os » 19 May 2003, 22:28

Gren wrote:I'm intrigued by the riddle Luke but also completely stuck. Any chance of a hint or you answering some questions, or ruling out ideas we've had that are barking up the wrong tree? I like thinking about riddles that you have a chance of solving (i'm hopeless at chrades/charades (whatever) and cryptograms), and want to keep this thread going but it's hard to retain interests, especially as it seems nobody else is interested :-? (I'll keep playing on my own if I have to :) )
OK Sure. From now I will answer questions or tell you you're barking up the wrong tree.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#121 Post by Gren » 20 May 2003, 02:26

So is there a co-star to look for?

He was glad to get it.

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#122 Post by gentle » 20 May 2003, 02:40

Or is it more of a "cryptic" answer?? (anagram etc)

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#123 Post by Gren » 20 May 2003, 03:03

Hmm, an anagram ay?

SRRACZMDPWEGJCDBCKJR + ?? = Doesn't seem like enough vowels for such weird letters.

I demand Luke stops going to school and stays here to guide us on this!

He was glad to get it.

gentle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#124 Post by gentle » 20 May 2003, 03:17

Gren wrote:Hmm, an anagram ay?

SRRACZMDPWEGJCDBCKJR + ?? = Doesn't seem like enough vowels for such weird letters.

LOL :lol: Well, alright then, maybe not an anagra as such. :oops:

Patsy Klubb
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#125 Post by Patsy Klubb » 20 May 2003, 03:19

gentle wrote:
Gren wrote:Hmm, an anagram ay?

LOL :lol: Well, alright then, maybe not an anagra as such. :oops:
Well I sit next to a Polish guy, and I think he has a cousin called SRRACZMDPWEGJCDBCKJR :lol:
"BRING INNOCENCE TO ME!"