FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 May 2018, 13:11

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 15:40 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

New game ideas to be listed here:

1) Hungry Like the Wolf -- 80's costume party, a few players actually turn out to be Duran Duran members (who naturally have a View to a Kill)

2) Werekhaaaan -- set aboard The Enterprise -- one of the crew members is actually Khaaaaan! in disguise, a couple others have creatures in their bodies and are under the influence.

I'm sure y'all can do better.

Previous games
25 Sep 11 - Wolfmando: Chaos vs Order - Ran by Patch - Villagers won (Sela, A², Hiller, Bratzks & Philip)
10 Feb 10 - Wolfmmando - Ran by JJ, Steel Frog & A² - Villagers won (Buckykatt, F.N.G., justdrewit, McT, Midrats, Sugarpuss O'Shea, & You Know, for Kids)
9 Mar 09 - Werewolf Armawhedon - Ran by AngelTash & Sela5 - Big Bads won (Agrajag)
13 Nov 08 - Wolves from Castle Anthrax - Ran by enigmafa - Wolves won (Philip & Sela5)
16 Apr 08 - John Con - Ran by YK,fK - Red Lectroids won (BubbyChubs, JJ, & sldawgs)
22 Oct 07 - Wolves XJ9 - Ran by Bratzks & SO'S- Wolves won (jack's sally, knarf & TK421)
07 Aug 07 - Prison Game - Ran by A² - Stoolies won (Nunis & Ulkesh)
16 Oct 06 -Wolves on a Plane - Ran by JJ & Steel Frog - Passengers won (Dave Henry, Odd Todd, Toasty)
26 May 06 - Anthony Michael Halloween 3 - Ran by Knarf - Killers won (bing & Mazer)
24 Feb 06 - ST II 1/2: The Khaan is on - Ran by JJ - Starfleet won (Agrajag, mmmm movies, Nunis & Toasty)
06 Feb 06 - Werewolf - Ran by What's That - Wolves won (Brodieman & Eric Draven)
29 Nov 05 - Werewolf - Ran by McT - Wolves won (NicholasP27, Toasty & Wes)
12 Aug 05 - Werewolf III - Ran by Ridilon - Villagers won (Amethaul, Tee, What's That, Will & You Know, for Kids)
21 Jul 05 - Werewolf II: Love Edition - Ran by Phillip - Lovers won (Eric Draven-wolf & Mazer-seer)
05 Jul 05 - Werewolf - Ran by knarf - Villagers won (London, NobodysFool & Ze)
21 Feb 05 - Mafia - Ran by bing - Villagers won (JJ, London Redsox, Mazer, Spike, & Steel Frog)
12 Oct 04 - Teen Werewolf - Ran by A²/Nunis - Wolves won (AlottaFagina, McT & Spike)
13 May 04 - Werewolf 2 - Ran by Chris - Wolves won (Alotta)
02 May 04 - Hall of Justice - Ran by Nunis - Villains won (Dappucino)
20 Apr 04 - Werewolf - Ran by A² - Wolves won (F.N.G.)

CYOA
08 Jan 08 - Super Hero CYOA LotHC* - Ran by A² - Heroes defeated Zod & Bennett (Todd, SO'S, mmmm movies, jack’s sally, Toasty & Frog) (Hiller, Hofert, JJ, Philip & TK421 stayed in Vegas while Agrajag, Batman, BubbyChubs & sldawgs stayed at the women's prison)
04 Apr 07 - The Horror of Camp Scrotaint - Ran by A² - Campers killed Sheila (Capsicum & Nunis)

*League of the Heroes Convention??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 15:52 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

3) WereWolf McQuade -- on a top secret mission to rescue POW's in Cambodia, members of your team keep dying...(twice)

4) Werewolves Like Us -- a group of international spies (some more bumbling than others) join to tackle a common enemy, unaware of a few double agents in their ranks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 15:59 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

JJ wrote:
3) WereWolf McQuade -- on a top secret mission to rescue POW's in Cambodia, members of your team keep dying...(twice)

4) Werewolves Like Us -- a group of international spies (some more bumbling than others) join to tackle a common enemy, unaware of a few double agents in their ranks...

The first could be good -- I think the wolves would actually be Chuck Norris, and could roundhouse kick the village to death.

The second could, too -- everyone would pick their favorite spy (from Gadget to Bond to Bennifer) and a random draw would determine the double agents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 16:05 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Setting is the most important part, right?

With that in mind, Wolf Khaaaan is the best idea.

Others worth considering...NBA Dance Party: who are the Timberwolves in disguise? Or the Mars Attacks! party. Who are the real Martians among the cast party? (MA selected due to fairly large recognizable cast and the fact that the Martians turned out to be li'l scamps.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 16:08 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

Steel Frog wrote:

Others worth considering...NBA Dance Party: who are the Timberwolves in disguise? Or the Mars Attacks! party. Who are the real Martians among the cast party? (MA selected due to fairly large recognizable cast and the fact that the Martians turned out to be li'l scamps.)

Setting is important, yes. But characters could be equally good if we actually stuck to our role a bit.

I think Wolf Khaaaan will have to work. Is Khaaan on board or sitting in the Reliant waiting to blow up the ship if his minions can keep it from reaching the Mutara Nebula in time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 16:12 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

Wikipedia wrote:
On board the Reliant, Joachim was reluctant to follow the Enterprise into the nebula as he knew it would negate their advantage. However Kirk contacted them and taunted Khan. The genetically enhanced madman, frustrated at Kirk's ability to thwart his best efforts to defeat him, could not resist the opportunity to prove his superiority and ordered his ship to follow the Enterprise.

Damn. You read this and the movie sounds like shit, not the :5stars: thriller that it clearly is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 16:14 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

JJ wrote:
The first could be good -- I think the wolves would actually be Chuck Norris, and could roundhouse kick the village to death.

The problem with this is the villagers could never kill any of the wolves because of this --> Chuck

5) Groundhog Werewolf... There's a killing every night and in the morning everyones still alive... could go on a bit...

6) Whose Afraid of Virginia Werewolf... everyone just argues and no-one actually gets killed... we all get nominated for an Oscar though...

7) Dirty Rotten Werewolfs... we all slick our hair back with a whole tub of gel and see who is first to extract 50,000 silver bullets from the wolves...

8) The Sixth Werewolf...
spoliervision wrote:
We play the game as normal and at the end it turns out we were all dead from the beginning...

"Get some rest, Pam... You look tired..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 16:14 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

Setting is important, yes. But characters could be equally good if we actually stuck to our role a bit.

I think Wolf Khaaaan will have to work. Is Khaaan on board or sitting in the Reliant waiting to blow up the ship if his minions can keep it from reaching the Mutara Nebula in time?

I think Khaaaan is on board seeking vengeance for disaster-averted (not unlike Galaxy Quest), but using his genetically engineered superior brain, he has managed to disguise himself (and a few others) as Enterprise crew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 16:15 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Dave Henry wrote:
6) Whose Afraid of Virginia Werewolf... everyone just argues and no-one actually gets killed... we all get nominated for an Oscar though...

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 16:17 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Along those lines:

White Wolves or Deuce Bigawolf: we all dress as fake-looking wolves and tell unfunny jokes until no one wants to play anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 19:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:
Along those lines:

White Wolves or Deuce Bigawolf: we all dress as fake-looking wolves and tell unfunny jokes until no one wants to play anymore.

Some of us are getting a head start on that one already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006, 20:00 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

The Others Werewolf (no, not from Lost, I mean the movie)
spoiler wrote:
We play the game as usual, and at the end we find out that we just actually played Sixth Werewolf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006, 11:49 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Will wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Along those lines:

Some of us are getting a head start on that one already.

:green: Guilty as charged.

The best part of a Khaaaan scenario is that you could restrict banter to appropriate crew conversation. For instance: Ensign Larry can't just accuse JTK of being a werewolf in public.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006, 15:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I vote for a Buffy senerio.

Seems like it could involve some interesting situations.

Vampires with souls ... Werewolves that arent really evil .... Come on ...

Who's with me?

<Crickets chirping>

Nevermind

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006, 16:36 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Wolfback Mountain. It's actually not any better than our normal version of the game, but there's enough hype to make you think it's the best game ever played because they're gay cowboys! Can you believe it?! I mean that's irony!

KM~

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006, 16:43 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Agrajag wrote:
Wolfback Mountain. It's actually not any better than our normal version of the game, but there's enough hype to make you think it's the best game ever played because they're gay cowboys! Can you believe it?! I mean that's irony!

KM~

Because JJ isn't here... I figure this is my duty. :roll:
http://www.filmwise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5712

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2006, 07:35 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

OK, JJ has inspired me. Did I just say that? Crap.

Anyway, I'm tossing around ideas for a David Lynching the Werewolf. I don't know if I could bring the quality of narrative that JJ's infused into The Wolf of Khaaan! but I'm going to work on this a little bit and also see how JJ's current effort turns out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2006, 07:39 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

You Know, for Kids wrote:

Anyway, I'm tossing around ideas for a David Lynching the Werewolf. I don't know if I could bring the quality of narrative that JJ's infused into The Wolf of Khaaan! but I'm going to work on this a little bit and also see how JJ's current effort turns out.

So basically we'll waffle around for over 3 hours, have no idea what just happened, and in the end even you won't know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2006, 07:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Nunis wrote:

So basically we'll waffle around for over 3 hours, have no idea what just happened, and in the end even you won't know?

:green:

(so would you rather be Dorothy Vallens or the Log lady?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2006, 07:58 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

(so would you rather be Dorothy Vallens or the Log lady?)

I want to be Michael J. Anderson. Or Richard Farnsworth. But really, I'm not fussy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2006, 08:25 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

Mine shall turn out poorly. (And anyone can cut and paste narrative, of course.)

As always with these sorts of things -- if you're interested enough in the subject matter, you can probably make it interesting to everyone else. I'd be all for taking part in this, especially if I can be a Cowboy and symbolize something that I'm not even aware of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2006, 17:07 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

One idea I've been thinking of is, why do the lynchings take place at a given time? It fits game rules, but it doesn't really fit the story, does it?

I mean, if a town is so incensed that it needs to lynch its own citizens, it seems very unlikely that the communal town thought would be "hey, he wasn't the wolf, OK let's go home. See you tomorrow to do this again."

Wolves obviously have to pick and choose their moments, but I think townsfolk ought to be able to lynch anytime just as long as they know there's another wolf out there.

While we're at it, how should the townsfolk know how many wolves there are? That doesn't make much sense, either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2006, 18:16 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Steel Frog wrote:
While we're at it, how should the townsfolk know how many wolves there are? That doesn't make much sense, either.

I've often thought that was a silly online addition to the game. When we played this live, only the narrator/wolves knew how close the townspeople were to losing. No one was allowed to show their card (share their true identity) until the game ended (narrator said last wolf was killed or that the wolves outnumbered townspeople). It made lying a lot easier, but online, it might be harder never knowing anything. Live werewolf games took maybe an hour or so, but these last days/weeks. It might be important to keep track of everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2006, 18:21 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Agrajag wrote:
Live werewolf games took maybe an hour or so, but these last days/weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 09:09 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

I think that if I had to start STII 1/2 over again, I'd have made it so that Kirk, Spock, and Bones knew eachother from the get-go (and allow conversations among them). Seem reasonable?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next