Summer Fundraising Game - Winners Announced!

This is where you'll find all quizzes and games created by FilmWisers. Come on in and join the fun.
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#76 Post by Nunis » 17 Jul 2007, 04:42

Odd Todd wrote:Nunis? How long has Nipples had the annoucement about this? Will we get enough play out of it to make sure anyone that isn't a regular in the forums knows we got this going on?
The announcement went up yesterday with the Invisibles.

I agree it would be more fun with more players, and I certainly don't mind pushing it back a bit more. However, I don't want to annoy people who have already waited several weeks for this to kick off.

What's the general consensue? What do you think, folks? Wait for more non-forum people to get a chance to sign up, or get this going?

tahm
Director
Director

#77 Post by tahm » 17 Jul 2007, 04:55

(that means I vote for NOT waiting any longer)

jack's sally
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#78 Post by jack's sally » 17 Jul 2007, 04:56

I dont mind it starting a bit later, however please dont make the first day this Saturday. I think we all know why (harry potter).

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#79 Post by Middle » 17 Jul 2007, 05:02

jack's sally wrote:I dont mind it starting a bit later, however please dont make the first day this Saturday. I think we all know why (harry potter).
Yeah. Or Sunday or Monday, for that matter...
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#80 Post by TK421 » 17 Jul 2007, 05:11

Middle wrote:
jack's sally wrote:I dont mind it starting a bit later, however please dont make the first day this Saturday. I think we all know why (harry potter).
Yeah. Or Sunday or Monday, for that matter...
Slow reader? :roll:

I'd say that we should give it at least another week or so, considering that there's the addition of the announcement. The more the merrier. It appears to have already brought in two more players (and hopefully future forum regulars).

Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#81 Post by Buckykatt » 17 Jul 2007, 05:39

I'm fine with waiting a bit to let more folks sign up (esp since I'll be siding with the readers this weekend).

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#82 Post by sldawgs » 17 Jul 2007, 05:57

Since this is a fundraising game I am all for giving it a chance at raising the maximum amout of funds. I am okay with waiting.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

what's that?
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#83 Post by what's that? » 17 Jul 2007, 05:57

I'm up for waiting, just so long as you know it's KILLING me!! :D
'Quite mad is he who would adopt his way of thinking to please others'

'Hedonism is the new procreation'

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#84 Post by Nunis » 17 Jul 2007, 06:00

If I was going to wait at all, it'd most likely be for a full week. Starting, say, Friday, won't buy people that much time, and no way in hell am I starting this on the weekend. I won't even log in between Saturday and Monday.

So I guess what I'm saying is this. We either start tonight, or we push it a full week until next Tuesday. I'm fine either way.

bkline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

My vote

#85 Post by bkline » 17 Jul 2007, 06:47

I vote to start tonight, but will be happy with either decision.

(Impatient!!!)

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#86 Post by Nunis » 17 Jul 2007, 07:03

Ok, I've added a poll. Vote in it, please. I will close it tonight, in maybe 6 hours. If the majority then wants it to start today, we will.

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#87 Post by DrG » 17 Jul 2007, 07:47

I voted for putting it back a week, but I'm not really that bothered when it starts. I'm looking forward to the game, even though I'll probably do really badly!
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

Nicholasp27
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#88 Post by Nicholasp27 » 17 Jul 2007, 08:02

payment sent

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#89 Post by Nunis » 17 Jul 2007, 10:33

Allright then, we'll push it back a week.

New start date is Tuesday, 24th of July.

ButWeRLaaadies!
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful

#90 Post by ButWeRLaaadies! » 17 Jul 2007, 18:23

what's that? wrote:
bratzks wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:This is our first venture into the Forum. Didn't know about this comp until it was posted on the homepage. Here's hoping the Australian time zone will scrape us in on time! (Payment is most definately on it's way!!)
g'day.
Say hello to Dave Henry if you see him.
There tend to be quite a few Dave Henry's down here! Any one of them in particular you had in mind?? :?

bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

#91 Post by bratzks » 17 Jul 2007, 18:45

ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:
what's that? wrote:
bratzks wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:This is our first venture into the Forum. Didn't know about this comp until it was posted on the homepage. Here's hoping the Australian time zone will scrape us in on time! (Payment is most definately on it's way!!)
g'day.
There tend to be quite a few Dave Henry's down here! Any one of them in particular you had in mind?? :?
He's the new one. Haven't you noticed him yet?
Image Image Image

Eric Draven
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#92 Post by Eric Draven » 17 Jul 2007, 20:20

bratzks wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:
what's that? wrote:
bratzks wrote:
g'day.
You know, the one with the funny accent, drinks a lot and calls everyone Bruce or Sheila.
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#93 Post by snotball » 17 Jul 2007, 20:59

Eric Draven wrote:
bratzks wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:
what's that? wrote:
bratzks wrote:
g'day.
You know, the one with the funny accent, drinks a lot and calls everyone Bruce or Sheila.
Sheila is there too? :o
Why didn't anyone mention this new FW gathering?
Bad dates

Gyro Captain
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful

#94 Post by Gyro Captain » 17 Jul 2007, 21:08

Well if it's been pushed back, I'm interested. where might I find all the details?

bratzks

#95 Post by bratzks » 17 Jul 2007, 21:34

Gyro Captain wrote:Well if it's been pushed back, I'm interested. where might I find all the details?
The first post of this thread. Here
Image Image Image

Gyro Captain
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful

#96 Post by Gyro Captain » 18 Jul 2007, 18:08

...smooth

Well, I'd like to just look at the questions, I'm not interested in prizes really (I don't reckon I know how to use paypal, sorry) If i could just sort of sit in, that would be grand , but if not I understand, It' not a big deal.

ButWeRLaaadies!
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful

#97 Post by ButWeRLaaadies! » 18 Jul 2007, 19:10

snotball wrote:
Eric Draven wrote:
bratzks wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:
what's that? wrote:
bratzks wrote:
g'day.
Ohhhh that guy! Sits in the corner with a stuffed koala bear hanging off his shoulder all the time. Quotes a heck of a lot from Crocodile Dundee.. :)

You will have to s'cuse my ignorance being a newbie an all, but can someone intrepret FW for me??? I can only come to a conclusion in which a swear word is involved, followed by the word wit... Either it's just my dirty mind, or something else completely obscure to a virgin forum poster.

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#98 Post by knarf » 18 Jul 2007, 19:35

ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:
snotball wrote:
Eric Draven wrote:
bratzks wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:
what's that? wrote:
bratzks wrote:
g'day.
Ohhhh that guy! Sits in the corner with a stuffed koala bear hanging off his shoulder all the time. Quotes a heck of a lot from Crocodile Dundee.. :)

You will have to s'cuse my ignorance being a newbie an all, but can someone intrepret FW for me??? I can only come to a conclusion in which a swear word is involved, followed by the word wit... Either it's just my dirty mind, or something else completely obscure to a virgin forum poster.

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#99 Post by TK421 » 19 Jul 2007, 04:41

knarf wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:
snotball wrote:
Eric Draven wrote:
bratzks wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:
what's that? wrote:
bratzks wrote:
g'day.

A good place to start is here...
http://www.filmwise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5932

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#100 Post by Nunis » 19 Jul 2007, 05:50

Gyro Captain wrote:...smooth

Well, I'd like to just look at the questions, I'm not interested in prizes really (I don't reckon I know how to use paypal, sorry) If i could just sort of sit in, that would be grand , but if not I understand, It' not a big deal.
You can sit in, of course. You can even play, if you want to. The only thing is you can not win any prizes unless you donate. But by all means, feel free to play along.