Summer Fundraising Game - Winners Announced!

This is where you'll find all quizzes and games created by FilmWisers. Come on in and join the fun.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Gyro Captain
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful
Posts: 4
Joined: 17 Jul 2007, 08:28
Gender: Male
Location: my Toilet

#101 Post by Gyro Captain » 19 Jul 2007, 09:44

Alright I'll do that then. Thank you.
I feel bad though, I like this site and I like you guys. I'm sure I'll help you out in the future.

ButWeRLaaadies!
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful
Posts: 6
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: Wollongong, Australia.

#102 Post by ButWeRLaaadies! » 19 Jul 2007, 14:49

TK421 wrote:
knarf wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:
snotball wrote:
Eric Draven wrote:
bratzks wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:
what's that? wrote:
bratzks wrote:
ButWeRLaaadies! wrote:This is our first venture into the Forum. Didn't know about this comp until it was posted on the homepage. Here's hoping the Australian time zone will scrape us in on time! (Payment is most definately on it's way!!)
g'day.
Say hello to Dave Henry if you see him.
There tend to be quite a few Dave Henry's down here! Any one of them in particular you had in mind?? :?
He's the new one. Haven't you noticed him yet?
You know, the one with the funny accent, drinks a lot and calls everyone Bruce or Sheila.
Sheila is there too? :o
Why didn't anyone mention this new FW gathering?
Ohhhh that guy! Sits in the corner with a stuffed koala bear hanging off his shoulder all the time. Quotes a heck of a lot from Crocodile Dundee.. :)

You will have to s'cuse my ignorance being a newbie an all, but can someone intrepret FW for me??? I can only come to a conclusion in which a swear word is involved, followed by the word wit... Either it's just my dirty mind, or something else completely obscure to a virgin forum poster.
Image
A good place to start is here...
http://www.filmwise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5932
Ahhhhhh.... ty Knarf! I'm feeling a bit more enlightened now.

User avatar
Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
Posts: 21745
Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

#103 Post by Sheila1313 » 23 Jul 2007, 08:36

Ok...I'm in. I just sent my donation.

I'm preparing to go down in flames. :oops:
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#104 Post by Nunis » 23 Jul 2007, 12:30

We have now raised over $700! Well done, everyone. We had someone donate $100, but I've been asked to list them as Anonymous (if you want to reveal yourself, friend, feel free -- that was really generous).

The games will begin tomorrow. I haven't decided what time yet, but expect it some time in the evening European time (so, maybe about 20 or so hours from now).

I will keep accepting donations, and you can join whenever. However, you will of course not get any points for rounds where answers have already been posted.

See you tomorrow for Round 1.

tahm
Director
Director
Posts: 783
Joined: 16 Jan 2004, 07:51
Gender: Male
Location: right behind you

#105 Post by tahm » 24 Jul 2007, 09:37

Oh, the anticipation is making me mental, I must say.

Image

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29150
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#106 Post by JJ » 24 Jul 2007, 09:39

tahm wrote:Oh, the anticipation is making me mental, I must say.

Image
Don't worry. I hear Nunis has prepared a Wheel of Fortune round.
La la la la la.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33757
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

#107 Post by Steel Frog » 24 Jul 2007, 09:41

JJ wrote:
tahm wrote:Oh, the anticipation is making me mental, I must say.

Image
Don't worry. I hear Nunis has prepared a Wheel of Fortune round.
That seems like a very decent thing to do, I must say.

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#108 Post by Nunis » 24 Jul 2007, 11:16

Ok folks, we're up and running!

Round 1 has been posted on page 1 of this thread (third post down).

Please read the rules carefully, and ask questions if you need to.

The deadline for this round is one week from right now, Tuesday 31st July, 7pm GMT.

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6193
Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 13:48
Gender: Male
Location: The Balcony
Contact:

#109 Post by DrG » 24 Jul 2007, 11:21

Nunis wrote:Ok folks, we're up and running!

Round 1 has been posted on page 1 of this thread (third post down).

Please read the rules carefully, and ask questions if you need to.

The deadline for this round is one week from right now, Tuesday 31st July, 7pm GMT.
Neat, although fairly tricky for me (I only recognise about half a dozen or so of the movies :oops: )
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

tahm
Director
Director
Posts: 783
Joined: 16 Jan 2004, 07:51
Gender: Male
Location: right behind you

#110 Post by tahm » 24 Jul 2007, 11:29

Bravo, your Highness. Bravo.

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#111 Post by Nunis » 24 Jul 2007, 11:34

Just to make this clear from the get-go: almost all credit for this round should go to Nipples and Sugarpuss. I did very little.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29150
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#112 Post by JJ » 24 Jul 2007, 12:07

You got our answers yet, Frog?
La la la la la.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8501
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

#113 Post by Middle » 24 Jul 2007, 12:10

I guess I have enough to actually compete, but I'm still missing a lot of them (most of the categories I have about half...). So good luck to everyone!
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
Posts: 21745
Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

#114 Post by Sheila1313 » 24 Jul 2007, 12:32

Down...in...flames...:cry:
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

User avatar
TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5938
Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49

#115 Post by TK421 » 24 Jul 2007, 12:55

Nunis wrote:Please label all your answers clearly (i.e. A3, B1, etc.)
How can we do that with 2 A1's, 2 A2's, etc.?
Image

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#116 Post by Nunis » 24 Jul 2007, 13:02

Come on, use your imagination! I just want them to be easy for me to read, is all.

Allright. Please use this answer sheet. Quote this and copy it into your PM to me.

A - Food
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

A - Drinks
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

B - Invisibles
1:
2:
3:
4:

C - The Big Picture
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

D - Distorted Screenshots
1:
2:
3:
4:

E - What's Missing
Movie 1:
Item 1:
Movie 2:
Item 2:
Movie 3:
Item 3:
Movie 4:
Item 4:
Movie 5:
Item 5:
Movie 6:
Item 6:
Movie 7:
Item 7:
Movie 8:
Item 8:

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29150
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#117 Post by JJ » 24 Jul 2007, 13:13

Nunis wrote:Come on, use your imagination! I just want them to be easy for me to read, is all.

Allright. Please use this answer sheet. Quote this and copy it into your PM to me.

A - Food
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

A - Drinks
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

B - Invisibles
1:
2:
3:
4:

C - The Big Picture
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

D - Distorted Screenshots
1:
2:
3:
4:

E - What's Missing
Movie 1:
Item 1:
Movie 2:
Item 2:
Movie 3:
Item 3:
Movie 4:
Item 4:
Movie 5:
Item 5:
Movie 6:
Item 6:
Movie 7:
Item 7:
Movie 8:
Item 8:
I'm guessing that if I copy and paste this sheet, I'm going to get a zero.
La la la la la.

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#118 Post by snotball » 25 Jul 2007, 01:30

I'd like to point out that #3 doesn't qualify as an invisible, since you can clearly see the guy's fingers.
Bad dates

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#119 Post by Nunis » 25 Jul 2007, 03:04

snotball wrote:I'd like to point out that #3 doesn't qualify as an invisible, since you can clearly see the guy's fingers.
I totally didn't see that. And I doubt Brian did either, cause he made them. I have (sloppily) fixed that now.

Ulkesh
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2489
Joined: 24 May 2004, 17:43
Gender: Male
Location: France

Re: Summer Fundraising Game - Round 1! Deadline Tuesday 31st

#120 Post by Ulkesh » 25 Jul 2007, 05:04

Nunis wrote:* You must PM your guesses to me (do so by clicking this button: Image).
Both times you wrote this in your posts it actually opens a PM window for a user named "brif". Should be u=46 at the end of the link and not u=4.

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

Re: Summer Fundraising Game - Round 1! Deadline Tuesday 31st

#121 Post by Nunis » 25 Jul 2007, 05:08

Ulkesh wrote:
Nunis wrote:* You must PM your guesses to me (do so by clicking this button: Image).
Both times you wrote this in your posts it actually opens a PM window for a user named "brif". Should be u=46 at the end of the link and not u=4.
Silly typos. Thanks, Ulkesh. I'll fix that.

User avatar
TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5938
Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49

#122 Post by TK421 » 26 Jul 2007, 06:19

I just want to be sure...incorrect guesses do not have a penalty, correct?
Image

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#123 Post by Nunis » 26 Jul 2007, 07:17

TK421 wrote:I just want to be sure...incorrect guesses do not have a penalty, correct?
No penalties.

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18828
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

#124 Post by Agrajag » 27 Jul 2007, 15:31

JJ wrote:
Nunis wrote:Come on, use your imagination! I just want them to be easy for me to read, is all.

Allright. Please use this answer sheet. Quote this and copy it into your PM to me.

A - Food
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

A - Drinks
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

B - Invisibles
1:
2:
3:
4:

C - The Big Picture
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

D - Distorted Screenshots
1:
2:
3:
4:

E - What's Missing
Movie 1:
Item 1:
Movie 2:
Item 2:
Movie 3:
Item 3:
Movie 4:
Item 4:
Movie 5:
Item 5:
Movie 6:
Item 6:
Movie 7:
Item 7:
Movie 8:
Item 8:
I'm guessing that if I copy and paste this sheet, I'm going to get a zero.
A 0.0 actually


Damn--I thought I may have missed Round 1 completely, so I'm glad I didn't but I wasn't expecting it to be so long--I doubt I'll get half of them

Great start to the Game Boyz! (And as soon as I get the cookies fixed here or I get back home and online I promise to donate--I didn't forget!)
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18828
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

#125 Post by Agrajag » 29 Jul 2007, 12:30

Nunis wrote:Part E -- What's Missing
In each of these eight shots, something has been removed. We would like you to name the missing item as well as name the movie. If you can do this, you can earn 2 points per image (one for the item, one for the movie's title).
Just a question about the wording here...

If we only recognize the movie or somehow guess at what's missing can we get 1 point? Or is it both or nothing for these?
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

Post Reply