FilmWise Forums
It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 20:14

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 07:36 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33375
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
HotBranch wrote:
Well done, Nunis.

I like the new look and features. It even has that "new board" smell.

That's just TK. He had his yearly bath yesterday.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 08:10 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 47553
Location: Rocket City
Nunis wrote:
If you try to post anything smaller than Tiny ... you will get an error message.

:banana: Thank you so much for this one.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 09:25 
Offline
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Posts: 11936
Location: You know, right here
sldawgs wrote:
HotBranch wrote:
Well done, Nunis.

I like the new look and features. It even has that "new board" smell.

That's just TK. He had his yearly bath yesterday.


:lol:

_________________
The Plane's going to Chicago. The Pilot's going to New York. The Passengers are going to Pieces!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 09:30 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38098
Location: San Francisco
wd

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 09:41 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Posts: 10002
excellent. nice work, nunis.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 09:49 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
I'm recreating the search index at the moment. This will take considerable time, and the forums might be sluggish while I do it. Please be patient.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 12:38 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38098
Location: San Francisco
Nunis wrote:
I'm recreating the search index at the moment. This will take considerable time, and the forums might be sluggish while I do it. Please be patient.

It's a damn good thing you don't know how much I hate your guts.

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 12:48 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
alan smithee wrote:
Nunis wrote:
I'm recreating the search index at the moment. This will take considerable time, and the forums might be sluggish while I do it. Please be patient.

It's a damn good thing you don't know how much I hate your guts.

It's a damn good thing you don't know how much he hates your guts.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 19:13 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18688
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Nunis wrote:
enigmafa wrote:
not that i care but did we lose some posts in the backup?


I don't think we did, but I could be mistaken. What post(s) are you referring to?

I was nearing 9500 (9449 as of last Wednesday at least). Now I'm back down to 9353 :s However, I can't tell what's missing... EDIT -- Nevermind... found the answer elsewhere.
Nunis wrote:
More changes

View unread posts/PMs - Similarly, next to those links there is now a link to view all unread posts (this is different from "new posts" which displays any topics posted in since your last visit. If you have no unread posts, the link will say as much.

:confused: View New Posts is the same as before -- see all new posts since your last visit
Will View Unread Posts show all unread subscriptions? Can Unread Posts track things even after you've logged in, logged out and logged back in?

Everything looks great... but one other thing I haven't seen answered yet -- what is the difference between Subscribe to topic and Bookmark topic? Subscribe seems to be the old email notification, but I'm not sure what Bookmarking something will do for me...

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 23:39 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Agrajag wrote:
Nunis wrote:
View unread posts/PMs - Similarly, next to those links there is now a link to view all unread posts (this is different from "new posts" which displays any topics posted in since your last visit. If you have no unread posts, the link will say as much.


:confused: View New Posts is the same as before -- see all new posts since your last visit
Will View Unread Posts show all unread subscriptions? Can Unread Posts track things even after you've logged in, logged out and logged back in?


Like I said, View New Posts does the same as it did before. It shows you any topic posted in since you last logged in. So if you've logged in and read all unread posts, this will still display a list of all those topics. Unread Posts only shows you threads which have Unread posts as of right now. I haven't tested to see if it keeps these after you log out and back in.

Agrajag wrote:
Everything looks great... but one other thing I haven't seen answered yet -- what is the difference between Subscribe to topic and Bookmark topic? Subscribe seems to be the old email notification, but I'm not sure what Bookmarking something will do for me...


Subscribe is the email notification thing (which coincidentally don't work great at the moment since I'm rebuilding the search index), Bookmark I'm a bit sure of, but I think it's a bit like bookmarking a website in your browser. It saves links to all your "favourite topics" in the User Control Panel. I did just notice though that the "Manage Bookmarks" page in the UCP is throwing an error. I'll look into that later.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2008, 01:12 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Had to remove the "Avatars in Friend list" from the UCP for the time being, as that cause the Manage Bookmarks page to throw an error. I'm looking in to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2008, 03:31 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Nunis wrote:
Like I said, View New Posts does the same as it did before. It shows you any topic posted in since you last logged in. So if you've logged in and read all unread posts, this will still display a list of all those topics. Unread Posts only shows you threads which have Unread posts as of right now. I haven't tested to see if it keeps these after you log out and back in.


I've tested this now, and it does indeed keep your flags from earlier, even if you log out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2008, 16:13 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2002, 16:00
Posts: 7508
Mazer wrote:
Shiny! Looks great, thanks Nunis!

:green: :banana:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2008, 01:17 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28483
Location: Gotham's seedier side
I'm gone for a week and somebody cleaned the place. Nice, tN.

_________________
Robin: "Batman, maybe I should stay home tonight. Homework, you know."
Batman: "I think you should acquire a taste for opera, Robin, as one does for poetry and olives."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008, 19:15 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18688
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Holy shit... Just unsubscribed to all posts thanks to this new Unread Posts feature...


Had 721 subscriptions :eek:

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008, 19:18 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 22:42
Posts: 4939
Location: Canada
Drink.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 10:15 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
What is the point of posting a picture as an attachment? Is there a reason? Also, does there have to be a paperclip icon on the thread when a post has an attachment? Does it stay there forever or until a page break?

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 10:21 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33375
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
bratzks wrote:
What is the point of posting a picture as an attachment? Is there a reason? Also, does there have to be a paperclip icon on the thread when a post has an attachment? Does it stay there forever or until a page break?

I think attachements are uploaded from your computer. And when I quoted Dawson99's post with the attachment in the Milestone thread, it didn't quote the attachment.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 10:25 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
sldawgs wrote:
bratzks wrote:
What is the point of posting a picture as an attachment? Is there a reason? Also, does there have to be a paperclip icon on the thread when a post has an attachment? Does it stay there forever or until a page break?

I think attachements are uploaded from your computer.

Ah, well that's a huge benefit for people who can't host pics I guess. Thanks. The paperclips are just bugging me. I don't know why. :googly:

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 10:28 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Paperclips bug me too, but I can't host pics and the paperclips just makes me feel I should be wearing a shell-suit drinking Tennant's Super

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 10:34 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Yes, as dawgs said, attachments are to make it easy for people to post pics. Perhaps I could get rid of the stupid paperclip.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 17:34 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18688
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Was posting in Stay for the Credits and I don't know how often tN visits that thread so I figured I'd ask here...

Looks like the new boards automatically

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 17:38 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33375
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Agrajag wrote:
Was posting in Stay for the Credits and I don't know how often tN visits that thread so I figured I'd ask here...

Looks like the new boards automatically

Cut Agra off? That is a good thing. Isn't it?

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 20:47 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
sldawgs wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Was posting in Stay for the Credits and I don't know how often tN visits that thread so I figured I'd ask here...

Looks like the new boards automatically

Cut Agra off? That is a good thing. Isn't it?

No, what he was going to say was that the new boards automati

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 20:52 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33375
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
bratzks wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Was posting in Stay for the Credits and I don't know how often tN visits that thread so I figured I'd ask here...

Looks like the new boards automatically

Cut Agra off? That is a good thing. Isn't it?

No, what he was going to say was that the new boards automati

Thank Y

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group