FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 17:05

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: American Idol
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2010, 07:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

BubbyChubs wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
I wish they would do away with the group numbers. You can tell they are lip synching, and the "choreography" is a joke. :roll:

I don't even watch the results show. They are aired here a day late, so I can find out who was voted off on the internet before the episode comes on. And, there is absolutely nothing else of value on the results show.

I wouldn't say that. I sometimes like seeing past Idols performing their new songs.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2010, 17:22 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

AngelTash wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
I wish they would do away with the group numbers. You can tell they are lip synching, and the "choreography" is a joke. :roll:

I don't even watch the results show. They are aired here a day late, so I can find out who was voted off on the internet before the episode comes on. And, there is absolutely nothing else of value on the results show.

I wouldn't say that. I sometimes like seeing past Idols performing their new songs.

and the group song on results night is typically the best unintentional comedy of the week

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 05:49 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Orianthi and Kesha sounded like CRAP (not terribly surprising). Loved Cook's Jumpin' Jack Flash. The bottom 3 seemed about right. I think Katie could have been in the stools of doom just as easily as Lacey. It was obvious that the Judges' save wouldn't be used for her. Which means that even when Paige gets voted off, we'll still be stuck with her. :roll:

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 10:14 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

AngelTash wrote:
Kesha sounded like CRAP (not terribly surprising).

I'd never even heard of her... but it was so obvious that she thought she was Lady Gaga that it was sad that anyone actually is paying attention to her and giving her work. I mean it's almost OK to sound like everyone else if everyone else was the norm... but to mimic that crazy bitch? There is only one of her.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 10:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Odd Todd wrote:
AngelTash wrote:

I'd never even heard of her... but it was so obvious that she thought she was Lady Gaga that it was sad that anyone actually is paying attention to her and giving her work. I mean it's almost OK to sound like everyone else if everyone else was the norm... but to mimic that crazy bitch? There is only one of her.

How have you managed to avoid Tik Tok?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 15:06 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

AngelTash wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
AngelTash wrote:

How have you managed to avoid Tik Tok?

Guess I am luckier than I thought. And I avoid dance clubs like the plight to humanity that they are.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2010, 12:04 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Miley Cyrus is this week's mentor?? :roll:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2010, 12:26 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

AngelTash wrote:

There's a sale at Penny's!!!

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2010, 13:31 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Sela wrote:
AngelTash wrote:

There's a sale at Penny's!!!

:D

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 09:16 
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

Is anyone else still watching? Anyway here is my least favorite to favorite of the last five.

Aaron Kelly: Why is this kid still here? He sucks.
Casey James: Bores me. I'm glad someone finally called him out on his annoying over the top vibreto. It's like Eddie Vedder singing into a fan.
Mike Lynch: Aways pitch perfect. I don't think that alone can carry him to the end. Also bores me more than not.
Crystal Bowersox: She is almost alway one of the best each night and in fact delivered the best performance of the entire thing. She's natural and comfortable on stage. Her problem is that she is cocky and a hippy. That will lead to her demise.
Lee DeWyze: I feel that he gets better and better each week. Him and Crystal are the only ones that consistantly make their song choice "theirs". I don't see the lack of confidence that the judges keep talking about either.

Thoughts? Poems?

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 09:31 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Crystal Bowersox 5/6
Lee Dewyze 6/4
Michael Lynche 8
Aaron Kelly 20
Casey James 25

Heres the betting odds, if that makes any difference to anyone

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 09:37 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

I'm still watching... though I don't know why...

And I mostly agree with your thoughts... though I don't knwo why...

Casey isn't as bad as you think... though... he is still 4th place to me as well.

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 00:46 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Aaron Kelly: He doesn't suck. He actually can sing. But is it anything I care about. Not really. Why is he still here? Same reason the dude that won it last season won it. "He's such a nice boy."

Casey James: He's actually the only one that I think could sell out a show. The kid can play guitar well, sing well and seems like he knows the direction he'd like to take. The best thing that could happen to him would be to get out right about now - kind of like how Chris Daughtry did a few seasons ago. Ilike the way he sings, though I think Blue Skies was a terrible song choice and it was his worst performance to date.

Mike Lynch: He can sing. He can smile. He can bore me to tears.

Crystal Bowersox: She can also sing but I also feel very meh about her. If I had to pick a winner, I guess I'd pick her, though I can see her insisting on doing her own thing and ending up like Taylor Hicks.

Lee DeWyze: He can carry a tune, but I doubt he could carry a show. The dude makes Al Gore seem charismatic.

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 01:14 

I also think that Harry Connick, Jr. was the best mentor on the show so far. He not only gave them honest and open criticism, he arranged their music and performed with every one of them. Please tell me they don't pick another Miley Cyrus as a follow-up.

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 06:40 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Batman wrote:
I also think that Harry Connick, Jr. was the best mentor on the show so far. He not only gave them honest and open criticism, he arranged their music and performed with every one of them. Please tell me they don't pick another Miley Cyrus as a follow-up.

Next week! Movie Songs with Jamie Foxx! :roll:

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 07:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:

:green:

I think Idol has gotten really cheesy this year. Ryan is out of control and seemingly sexually frustrated - he's commented about Adam Lambert's talented tongue, and last night made reference to Harry Connick Jr.'s "organ." I'm also sick of Randy booing Simon whenever Ryan introduces him.

Big Mike annoys me with over-the-top faces/gestures/theatrics while singing. I'm also concerned about the way he manhandles everyone he meets. It was an awkward moment when he picked up Alicia Keys in that big bear hug. He also has a stinky attitude when receiving negative feedback or finding out he's in the bottom 3 (or 2).

I wasn't surprised to see Aaron go home last night. However, I thought for SURE Casey would be the one sent packing.

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 07:22 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

AngelTash wrote:
Batman wrote:

I think Idol has gotten really cheesy this year. Ryan is out of control and seemingly sexually frustrated - he's commented about Adam Lambert's talented tongue, and last night made reference to Harry Connick Jr.'s "organ." I'm also sick of Randy booing Simon whenever Ryan introduces him.

Big Mike annoys me with over-the-top faces/gestures/theatrics while singing. I'm also concerned about the way he manhandles everyone he meets. It was an awkward moment when he picked up Alicia Keys in that big bear hug. He also has a stinky attitude when receiving negative feedback or finding out he's in the bottom 3 (or 2).

I wasn't surprised to see Aaron go home last night. However, I thought for SURE Casey would be the one sent packing.

With Simon gone, this show's effectively over next year. And he'll be "blamed" for the decline, but Paula's leaving really started it. The chemistry between those two was, sadly, palpable.

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 07:25 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

JJ wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Batman wrote:

With Simon gone, this show's effectively over next year. And he'll be "blamed" for the decline, but Paula's leaving really started it. The chemistry between those two was, sadly, palpable.

Plus, it was fun to see what kind of drunken/drug-induced craziness she would say in her "critiques."

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 07:28 

AngelTash wrote:
JJ wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Batman wrote:

Plus, it was fun to see what kind of drunken/drug-induced craziness she would say in her "critiques."

I really don't miss Paula at all. Anytime she said anything it was a load of crap. I'm not too keen on Kara either. Ellen, though, I quite like.

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 07:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

So who would be on your dream judge's panel?

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 07:50 

AngelTash wrote:
So who would be on your dream judge's panel?

To tell the truth, I don't really care that much about the judges. I don't mind Randy, Ellen or Simon, so I guess out of the judges we've seen so far, they're my top three. I think what I'd rather see is more of a production. Face it, everyone on there can sing, but that doesn't mean I want to buy their music. Hell, you can't even tell what "their" music will be yet as it's simply a bunch of covers. What I want is to be entertained. I used to look forward to that beat-box kid, because you never knew what you were going to see with him. I also liked Adam Lambert, just because it was more interesting to watch how he performed. This pretty much sums up what I'd like to see: DANCE, MONKEYS, DANCE!

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 07:53 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

Batman wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
JJ wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Batman wrote:

I really don't miss Paula at all. Anytime she said anything it was a load of crap. I'm not too keen on Kara either. Ellen, though, I quite like.

But Batman is never the median viewer on any show.

Oh, and Kara does suck. Ellen is meh. Again, Paula's drunken swooning was much preferable.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2011, 07:00 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Is anyone watching the new season?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2011, 09:21 

AngelTash wrote:

I am. I like the new judges, but I really wish they'd stop focusing on sob stories. It feels like I'm listening to the same schmaltz from Casey Kasem's American Top 40 Long Distance Dedications. "Dear Casey, I writing to you and hoping you'll play a song for someone that was very dear to me. I met Marta 10 years ago when we were both working in the Peace Corps in Angola. We'd often wander the abandoned mine fields holding hands and dreaming of our future together. Unfortunately, while I was away collecting supplies in Namibia, Marta was seriously wounded by a rogue water buffalo. She was airlifted out to recover, but I was unable to follow. I spent the next several years wondering if she was OK and where she was living. Now, ten years later, I have found Marta again. She moved back to her home in Germany while I am living in Southern California. Although we're unable to be together due to the distance, I know she listens to your show every Sunday. So if you could, would you please play "Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry?"

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2011, 09:44 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
AngelTash wrote:

I am. I like the new judges, but I really wish they'd stop focusing on sob stories. It feels like I'm listening to the same schmaltz from Casey Kasem's American Top 40 Long Distance Dedications. "Dear Casey, I writing to you and hoping you'll play a song for someone that was very dear to me. I met Marta 10 years ago when we were both working in the Peace Corps in Angola. We'd often wander the abandoned mine fields holding hands and dreaming of our future together. Unfortunately, while I was away collecting supplies in Namibia, Marta was seriously wounded by a rogue water buffalo. She was airlifted out to recover, but I was unable to follow. I spent the next several years wondering if she was OK and where she was living. Now, ten years later, I have found Marta again. She moved back to her home in Germany while I am living in Southern California. Although we're unable to be together due to the distance, I know she listens to your show every Sunday. So if you could, would you please play "Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry?"

:lol: I hate that too. Then again, it worked for Danny Gokey. Sort of.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next