FilmWise Forums
It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 08:15

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fringe (Spoilers)
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 08:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
Okay, just to be clear (and we should have noticed this sooner)... this season is now a third alternate universe (which has both universes in it)?

also in last Friday's episode, Peter comes to the realization that the universe he is in is not the one he left (better explaining the Boyles issue earlier in the thread), and he is now trying to find a way home.

Is Peter's conclusion accurate? Is there a universe where he vanished and is missed by all parties concerned? For the last 2 seasons (at least) the creators, writers, and producers have consistently turned this show on its ear and left us all completely confused. I'm still watching though...

AngelTash wrote:
I like that theory

I think you're right. Peter also said in this last episode that this Olivia wasn't his Olivia. So that explains Broyles and why no one remembers Peter. Sure it's confusing but to me, I'd rather have to figure something out and be surprised then watch the same mind numbing bullshit over and over. Bravo to Fringe!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 12:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

What if Peter is lost in the time space continuum. The last episode dealt with that, and it kind of made sense that he would be lost though some wormhole rather than another universe that contained the other two universes. Also, their time bubble machine started to work the exact time Peter showed up. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 21:29 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
spymeg wrote:
What if Peter is lost in the time space continuum. The last episode dealt with that, and it kind of made sense that he would be lost though some wormhole rather than another universe that contained the other two universes. Also, their time bubble machine started to work the exact time Peter showed up. Any thoughts?

after so many episodes of Star Trek and wrapping my head around DC Comics and Marvel doing the same kind of stuff, I'm left thinking that this is all the same thing, but just different ways of saying it. whether an alternate universe, or an alternate reality, or someone else in space-time that looks exactly the same but is different (a.k.a. sliders)... it's all the same thing.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 10:51 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

What interests me more is not the current universe that should have been had the observer hadn't interfered, but rather the universe Peter found himself in, at the end of season 3. It's strage that he didn't even mention it yet.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 13:15 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

snotball wrote:
What interests me more is not the current universe that should have been had the observer hadn't interfered, but rather the universe Peter found himself in, at the end of season 3. It's strage that he didn't even mention it yet.

And I've been trying to see an observer wandering around in the last few episodes, but I haven't caught a glimpse yet...

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 17:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I miss fringe

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 17:56 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Well, Fox had a TCA event where the news wasn't good.

The pres noted that it doesn't make money, and they aren't in th charity business, meaning things look pretty dire for a renewal. Also, apparently, they wouldn't even negotiate until after the writers would have written the season/series finale.

Boo-urns.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 10:31 

3 tense sneak peek clips (plus a recap) tease Fringe's return

I passed on the clips, since more and more everyday I prefer to avoid spoilers. But the recap (Narrated by John Noble) is worth taking a look.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 11:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Sela wrote:
3 tense sneak peek clips (plus a recap) tease Fringe's return

I passed on the clips, since more and more everyday I prefer to avoid spoilers. But the recap (Narrated by John Noble) is worth taking a look.

I love the recap! I chose not to watch the sneak peeks as well. I don't want to know anything until it happens.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 21:27 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
Wait. I thought that the fingerprints from their side were the mirror image of ours...

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 14:49 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
Wait. I thought that the fingerprints from their side were the mirror image of ours...

Yeah, that was weird. Maybe where they are now doesn't have the same rules as before?

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 16:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Peter "We're still 40 miles away"
Olivia "Don't worry, we have plenty of range"

Nice Nissan commercial.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 17:25 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Will wrote:
Peter "We're still 40 miles away"
Olivia "Don't worry, we have plenty of range"

Nice Nissan commercial.

:| sigh. yup.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 04:56 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Thought these were pretty cool.

and all together now...

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 00:28 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Okay, quick question...

Is this season really a different timeline, or is it Peter's universe, just with him erased from it? I am still of the opinion that our first discussion on this season is correct, but a friend of mine holds the opinion I just posed. His "bleeding through", as it were, deals with Fringe science issues of the soul being pure energy and it having to go somewhere when displaced. The argument could be made that we are seeing the same two universes from last season, only with Peter removed, and now reinserted in it. Peter would perceive this to be a different universe or timeline since he is not privy to the intended actions of the Observers.

Also, they still mention Bell, but not how or when he died, though I don't suppose that had to have changed.

Rambling thought – what's with Olivia being raised by Nina? The butterfly effect (ripples in the water, etc.) can have far-reaching effects, surely, but I cannot imagine how it would effect Olivia's rearing.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 00:43 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Just rewatched last week's episode. The little details really sell the girl's death. The right pupil is blown, and capillaries are shot at first. Just as the scene ends, her other pupil is blown at the same time her nose bleeds. Just smart little bits of detail in the fx dept.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 01:39 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Scruluce wrote:
Okay, quick question...

Is this season really a different timeline, or is it Peter's universe, just with him erased from it? I am still of the opinion that our first discussion on this season is correct, but a friend of mine holds the opinion I just posed. His "bleeding through", as it were, deals with Fringe science issues of the soul being pure energy and it having to go somewhere when displaced. The argument could be made that we are seeing the same two universes from last season, only with Peter removed, and now reinserted in it. Peter would perceive this to be a different universe or timeline since he is not privy to the intended actions of the Observers.

Also, they still mention Bell, but not how or when he died, though I don't suppose that had to have changed.

Rambling thought – what's with Olivia being raised by Nina? The butterfly effect (ripples in the water, etc.) can have far-reaching effects, surely, but I cannot imagine how it would effect Olivia's rearing.

Just watched the most recent episode, Making Angels. The Observers reference Peter being back, which lends to the credibility of the above theory. Also, the one that saved, or in the revised case did not save, Peter from drowning has been dubbed September. Are there only 12 Observers?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 10:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Okay, quick question...

Just watched the most recent episode, Making Angels. The Observers reference Peter being back, which lends to the credibility of the above theory. Also, the one that saved, or in the revised case did not save, Peter from drowning has been dubbed September. Are there only 12 Observers?

I'm trying not to ask too many questions at this point. Just when I think it makes sense, they confuse me more. One argument for your friend's theory would be, why aren't they showing us "our" universe's reaction to everything? If we really are on another timeline or whatever, we would see the characters we know reacting to Peter being gone, etc. but right now we are just flipping between the alternate and the universe Peter is in now.
I don't know about the Observers, but that makes sense.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 10:20 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

BTW, loved the interaction between the Astrids and Walter.

And "I"ve always wondered why more people didn't do that". :lol:

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 10:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

knarf wrote:

:green: That was the best line!!

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 12:09 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

spymeg wrote:
knarf wrote:

:green: That was the best line!!

:green:

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 12:51 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

knarf wrote:
BTW, loved the interaction between the Astrids and Walter.

:green:
fantastic episode.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 12:58 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

spymeg wrote:
If we really are on another timeline or whatever, we would see the characters we know reacting to Peter being gone, etc.

No we wouldn't. When Peter disappeared, September and December (I think) had a brief exchange stating that it was as if Peter never existed (to our universe). September had gone back and "observed" Peter falling into the lake, but this time did not intercede and rescue. So both Peter's died at a young age, hence no one in the present would remember, or even miss Peter.

You're argument, however, must be along the lines of what Peter is thinking since he believes he is in another timeline. Again, he is not privy to exactly what September did to try and rectify the fallout of his interference. The big BIG question that we haven't asked, and has not yet been explained is this: how the hell did he actually come back? (I think some form of explanation could be forthcoming in the next few episodes, based on the latest next-week-preview clip.)

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 13:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
spymeg wrote:
If we really are on another timeline or whatever, we would see the characters we know reacting to Peter being gone, etc.

No we wouldn't. When Peter disappeared, September and December (I think) had a brief exchange stating that it was as if Peter never existed (to our universe). September had gone back and "observed" Peter falling into the lake, but this time did not intercede and rescue. So both Peter's died at a young age, hence no one in the present would remember, or even miss Peter.

You're argument, however, must be along the lines of what Peter is thinking since he believes he is in another timeline. Again, he is not privy to exactly what September did to try and rectify the fallout of his interference. The big BIG question that we haven't asked, and has not yet been explained is this: how the hell did he actually come back? (I think some form of explanation could be forthcoming in the next few episodes, based on the latest next-week-preview clip.)

Right...this was posing the question to your friends theory. I don't think his theory is too far off, but I don't necessarily agree with it. I'm just keeping an open mind, knowing that they'll answer lots of questions we all have and then set us up for even more after the season is over. I'm just thinking there are many layers at work here, not just alternate universes.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 18:58 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

spymeg wrote:
...they'll answer lots of questions we all have and then set us up for even more after the season is over.

:roll: :green:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next