FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 01:14

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Fringe (Spoilers)
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2012, 09:02 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

spymeg wrote:
I have to say, I think this last season is good but it's lost something for sure. Olivia isn't herself at all and it kinda seems like this is the Peter/Walter show. Anyone else watching?

:green: Still good, but definitely a different feel to it. But considering the time jump/changed world I guess that's to be expected. But I think there was a little of the old dynamic before
Spoiler
they lost Etta and Peter got all vengeful.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2012, 21:41 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
knarf wrote:
Spoiler

There is no spoon

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2012, 03:20 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Spoiler

There is no spoon

I haven´t seen the last episodes yet, but I was really surprised they
Spoiler
"let Etta go".
I didn't quite like Etta (focus groups probably didn't either), but I would have liked to see what direction they wanted to take with her. After all, she would be a second generation Cortexiphan child, which could give her some hidden extra abilities or something.

I'm not quite captivated by the final season so far, so I hope they pick up some momentum.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2012, 09:00 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Spoiler

There is no spoon

I haven´t seen the last episodes yet, but I was really surprised they
Spoiler
"let Etta go".
I didn't quite like Etta (focus groups probably didn't either), but I would have liked to see what direction they wanted to take with her. After all, she would be a second generation Cortexiphan child, which could give her some hidden extra abilities or something.

Plus she's hott

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2012, 01:46 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

I think I've missed something, otherwise it doesn't make much sense. What's th deal with all of the Resist posters? Is it something that starts appearing beacause the changes being made by Peter and company or were they around all the time? If they were around all the time how come the observers allow them to exist in the first place?

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2012, 08:20 
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

snotball wrote:
I think I've missed something, otherwise it doesn't make much sense. What's th deal with all of the Resist posters? Is it something that starts appearing beacause the changes being made by Peter and company or were they around all the time? If they were around all the time how come the observers allow them to exist in the first place?

They just started showing up in the ep. after the one Henritta is killed.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2012, 02:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

bratzks wrote:
snotball wrote:

Yes, but somehow they seem to appear all around 'our' heroes. Most notably as a huge painted sign on the building behind Windmark in one of the latest episodes.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2012, 07:39 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Middle wrote:
bratzks wrote:
snotball wrote:

Yes, but somehow they seem to appear all around 'our' heroes. Most notably as a huge painted sign on the building behind Windmark in one of the latest episodes.

And for some reason it seems like the observers ingnore them, which seems kind of weird.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2012, 10:41 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

snotball wrote:
Middle wrote:
bratzks wrote:
snotball wrote:

And for some reason it seems like the observers ingnore them, which seems kind of weird.

It was either just before or just after Peter put the tech in his head. I think since he is becomming a Observer...that he is time traveling within his post tech time period and putting up these posters. Since it is a change in the time stream it may take the other observers longer to notice the change... perhaps.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012, 11:03 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

I've just watched the last episde of Fringe and was surprised that no one here mentioned the Monty Python animation style sequence.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 23:19 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

snotball wrote:
I've just watched the last episde of Fringe and was surprised that no one here mentioned the Monty Python animation style sequence.

I said "Monty Python" the moment I saw it. My buddy isn't a fan of the troupe, so he had no idea what I was talking about. My brother, down with MP, doesn't like Fringe, so I couldn't get him to even check it out. basterds

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 06:26 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

That was easily the most awesome part of the episode. Which by all means was the best of this season so far.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 12:41 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

seriously. it's been far too long since he was chemically-Waltered

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2013, 10:26 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Anyone watch the ending besides me? I guess I liked the way they ended it all, but I'm still sad it's over. I want to know what the tulip means...I'm sure it's something I've forgotten from earler episodes.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2013, 17:04 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

spymeg wrote:
Anyone watch the ending besides me? I guess I liked the way they ended it all, but I'm still sad it's over. I want to know what the tulip means...I'm sure it's something I've forgotten from earler episodes.

Pretty much feel the same. Much more emotional with Walter leaving instead of September, but generally a "happy" ending. Several great scenes wrapping up relationships.

There was an earlier time-travel episode ending with a white tulip picture sent to Walter. Seems like it was mentioned again this season before the break - maybe the pocket universe one.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2013, 18:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

knarf wrote:
spymeg wrote:

Pretty much feel the same. Much more emotional with Walter leaving instead of September, but generally a "happy" ending. Several great scenes wrapping up relationships.

There was an earlier time-travel episode ending with a white tulip picture sent to Walter. Seems like it was mentioned again this season before the break - maybe the pocket universe one.

Ah ok. And reading this quote helps explain it:

• "I, too, attempted the unimaginable, and I succeeded. I crossed into another universe, and took a son that wasn't mine. And since then, not a day has passed without me feeling the burden of that act. I'm going to tell you something that I have never told another soul. Until I took my son from the other side, I had never believed in God. But it occurred to me... that my actions had betrayed him and that everything that had happened to me since was God punishing me. So now I'm looking for a sign of forgiveness. I've asked God for a sign of forgiveness. A specific one, a white tulip.". - Walter Bishop (to Alistair Peck, warning of the perils to mankind when good scientists commit unethical acts)

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2013, 01:12 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

spymeg wrote:
knarf wrote:
spymeg wrote:

Ah ok. And reading this quote helps explain it:

• "I, too, attempted the unimaginable, and I succeeded. I crossed into another universe, and took a son that wasn't mine. And since then, not a day has passed without me feeling the burden of that act. I'm going to tell you something that I have never told another soul. Until I took my son from the other side, I had never believed in God. But it occurred to me... that my actions had betrayed him and that everything that had happened to me since was God punishing me. So now I'm looking for a sign of forgiveness. I've asked God for a sign of forgiveness. A specific one, a white tulip.". - Walter Bishop (to Alistair Peck, warning of the perils to mankind when good scientists commit unethical acts)

I only saw episode 11 yesterday (then 12 and 13) - the white tulip was brought up again when Donald reminds Walter he used it as a symbol of hope. Walter wanted to have it again, but Donald said he didn't know what happened to it. I'm guessing therefore Walter sent it to Peter before he set the plan in action 21 years ago.

I liked the ending. Much better than the ending for Lost. The thing about this series of Fringe is it had a proper arc. Previous series have had arcs, but most seemed unrelated to previous or future events. At least in this series they explained the observers and used the cortexipohan storyline to wrap it up. I still don't think the observers were originally going to be the baddies, but they knew they had to wrap it up and it became convenient. The last series did, however remind me of The Matrix meets Equilibrium (especially the scene with the snow globe).

Overall - a good TV show, but one I'll probably forget fairly quickly.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 04:40 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

I was satisfied with the ending, but sad to see the show go. It was better that they did end the show with the wrap-up season like this. I agree that there were some great scenes, and I was very pleased to see September return. Overall, the best ending to any series I've watched in awhile (see: X-Files, Quantum Leap, Life on Mars (US), Jericho).

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 05:01 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Scruluce wrote:
I was satisfied with the ending, but sad to see the show go. It was better that they did end the show with the wrap-up season like this. I agree that there were some great scenes, and I was very pleased to see September return. Overall, the best ending to any series I've watched in awhile (see: X-Files, Quantum Leap, Life on Mars (US), Jericho).

Did you see Dollhouse? They wrapped that up quite well. I'm glad it actually got the chance to end. Unlike say, The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 05:05 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

F.N.G. wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Did you see Dollhouse? They wrapped that up quite well. I'm glad it actually got the chance to end. Unlike say, The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I didn't follow Dollhouse, but now I'm checking my cancellation thread to see if I put TSCC on the list, because I did watch both seasons of that. :roll:

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 05:56 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Scruluce wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

I didn't follow Dollhouse, but now I'm checking my cancellation thread to see if I put TSCC on the list, because I did watch both seasons of that. :roll:

If you have the time, i recommend Dollhouse. It starts slowly, but the end of s1 and pretty much all of s2 are great.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2013, 15:00 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

F.N.G. wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

If you have the time, i recommend Dollhouse. It starts slowly, but the end of s1 and pretty much all of s2 are great.

My brother has been watching this on Netflix (after flying through Buffy and Angel). He seems to like it.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 09:16 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

Sad to see it go. I'll miss Walter...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10