FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 16:34

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SNL
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 14:00 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

veronica wrote:
Yea i like when Justin stops by, he's always pretty funny. That character had a pretty good voice, he played it well.

Did you just agree with yourself, as if you're different people? veronica, dear, would you mind reading anything anybody else posts?

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009, 23:06 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

I tried Google and failed. Would anyone mind posting a video of Cameron Diaz singing about her stinky bearded clam on weekend update a few years ago?

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009, 23:38 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
I tried Google and failed. Would anyone mind posting a video of Cameron Diaz singing about her stinky bearded clam on weekend update a few years ago?

NBC has added a lot of videos to their site: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to search them :? . There are a few sort options, but a couple of quick attempts to find it that way were unsuccessful.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2009, 11:22 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
A² wrote:

NBC has added a lot of videos to their site: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to search them :? . There are a few sort options, but a couple of quick attempts to find it that way were unsuccessful.

Though it probably won't help much, I think it's from 6 Apr 02 (host: Diaz, mus: Jimmy Eat World), and here's a transcript.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2010, 23:13 

I just caught this week's SNL. What the fuck is Ke$Ha? Is that areal singer or was that a joke or what? What a horrific pile of bullshit. The worst thing about her is that she makes me feel badly about my band never amounting to anything. How does something like that get on SNL?

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 00:26 

A² wrote:
I just caught this week's SNL. What the fuck is Ke$Ha? Is that areal singer or was that a joke or what? What a horrific pile of bullshit. The worst thing about her is that she makes me feel badly about my band never amounting to anything. How does something like that get on SNL?

It's at least not a joke created for SNL (and doesn't appear to be a lark). She was featured on a Flo Rida #1 last year, but her debut solo single, "TiK ToK" (played first on SNL), is the ridiculously huge hit — nine weeks at #1 (the most for a debut single by a solo female artist* in over 30 years). I saw her on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien and, well, she did seem pretty clueless.

I'll be very surprised if this Ke$ha viewing is the first time you're noticing that quality music and popular music are often very distinct ideas. Your music is better, but she is much better at looking like an attractive, early-20s female.

*yeah, that's a lot of qualifiers

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 06:16 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:

It's at least not a joke created for SNL (and doesn't appear to be a lark). She was featured on a Flo Rida #1 last year, but her debut solo single, "TiK ToK" (played first on SNL), is the ridiculously huge hit — nine weeks at #1 (the most for a debut single by a solo female artist* in over 30 years). I saw her on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien and, well, she did seem pretty clueless.

I'll be very surprised if this Ke$ha viewing is the first time you're noticing that quality music and popular music are often very distinct ideas. Your music is better, but she is much better at looking like an attractive, early-20s female.

Do you like Ke$ha? I've been a big Flo Rida fan ever since the release of his 2009 single Right Round. Before that, I really didn't understand any of his work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Right Round where Ke$ha presence became more apparent. I think Tik Tok was her undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding single. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Sebert, Martin and Shellback. You can practically hear every computer generated cymbal and vocoder. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Blah Blah Blah. In this song, Ke$ha addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Your Love Is My Drug is the most moving pop song of the 2000s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in dance-pop. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Ke$ha's solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Ki$$ N Tell and Take It Off. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Ke$ha works best as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is D.I.N.O.S.A.U.R, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 11:02 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:

You should check some of Kevin & Bean's podcasts on KROQ regarding Ke$ha...pretty funny stuff, here and here

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 15:46 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Middle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:

Do you like Ke$ha? I've been a big Flo Rida fan ever since the release of his 2009 single Right Round. Before that, I really didn't understand any of his work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Right Round where Ke$ha presence became more apparent. I think Tik Tok was her undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding single. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Sebert, Martin and Shellback. You can practically hear every computer generated cymbal and vocoder. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Blah Blah Blah. In this song, Ke$ha addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Your Love Is My Drug is the most moving pop song of the 2000s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in dance-pop. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Ke$ha's solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Ki$$ N Tell and Take It Off. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Ke$ha works best as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is D.I.N.O.S.A.U.R, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

:lol:

I'm praying you had to look up her song catalog, Middle...

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 22:23 

Middle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:

wd
Sela wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:

You should check some of Kevin & Bean's podcasts on KROQ regarding Ke$ha...pretty funny stuff, here and here

Umm ... could you summarize?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 23:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
Middle wrote:

:lol:

I'm praying you had to look up her song catalog, Middle...

Thank god I did.
alan smithee wrote:
wd
ty

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010, 01:52 

Middle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
wd
ty

np

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 22:02 

The Gaberouy Sippycup episode was really, really bad. She is the worst non-athlete/musician/politican to ever host. You expect it when someone like Michael Phelps can't act but not when a professional actress hosts. It was brutally painful to watch her fumble her way through her scenes.

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 06:37 

A² wrote:
The Gaberouy Sippycup episode was really, really bad. She is the worst non-athlete/musician/politican to ever host. You expect it when someone like Michael Phelps can't act but not when a professional actress hosts. It was brutally painful to watch her fumble her way through her scenes.

Acting!

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 13:48 

Had an awesome time watching the Betty White episode.

And head to Hulu for a few skits that didn't make it, like Debbie Downer and more

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 16:38 

SNL followed up the worst episode in years with one of the best in Betty White. I particularly enjoyed NPR & Scared Straight

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 17:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
SNL followed up the worst episode in years with one of the best in Betty White. I particularly enjoyed NPR & Scared Straight

:green: I have watched Scared Straight at least 5 times.

PostPosted: 11 May 2010, 05:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

justdrewit wrote:
A² wrote:

I will be calling people the Wizard of Ass for years to come.

PostPosted: 11 May 2010, 05:43 

Will wrote:
justdrewit wrote:
A² wrote:

I will be calling people the Wizard of Ass for years to come.

- You kiss your grandmother with that mouth?
- Yes he does.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 17:08 

I am bummed that Jenny Slate wasn't brought back. She was my favorite female on the show. The new guy Pharoah is supposed to be big time. Early reports have him at an SNL talent level = to early Eddie Murphy.

What Up With That was pretty good this week. I like that skit anyway, usually because of Jason Sudekas' dancing. I loved Borgnine's gigantic grin and the look on Morgan Freeman's face, especially when Cranston's tighty whities were a few inches from his noggin.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 18:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
What Up With That was pretty good this week. I like that skit anyway, usually because of Jason Sudekas' dancing. I loved Borgnine's gigantic grin and the look on Morgan Freeman's face, especially when Cranston's tighty whities were a few inches from his noggin.

WUWT? was about all I saw of SNL this week, but I agree that it was terrific. In general WUWT? goes a long way to allowing me to forgive Good Burger.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 22:42 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

A² wrote:
I am bummed that Jenny Slate wasn't brought back.

Fucking bitch shouldn't have fucking cursed on her first fucking episode...

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2011, 11:47 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Wayne's World and Church Lady was on last night. Awesome.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2011, 12:45 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Bill wrote:
Wayne's World and Church Lady was on last night. Awesome.

Sweet, I entered a time warp. Must have been that hot tub ... or maybe the shower.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 17:25 

It wasn't until Dana Carvey hosted that I realized how much of his era was catchphrase driven.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next