FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 03:11

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 12:16 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

For a series that felt like it had at least another season left in it I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't try to cram too much stuff into an hour. I was a little put off by how much time they spent(at first I would have said wasted) on Walt's time in NH last week but I think after reflecting on last night it was needed to set up the finale. Walt had finally accepted his fate.
I thought his total capitulation was most apparent when he was talking to Skylar and admitted that he did it for himself, not for them. He had finally stopped lying to himself.
I'm pretty sure that trunk gun wouldn't have got all the bad guys though, a little too convenient but other than that I was very happy with the ending.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 10:06 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

From the Albuquerque Journal. I was temped to put this in the RIP thread. 8)

Quote:
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Some fans of "Breaking Bad," the AMC series which concluded Sunday night, were inspired to place an obituary for character Walter White in the Albuquerque Journal.

The notice appears on page A4 of Friday's Journal (http://bit.ly/158KZzg). It's headlined "White, Walter" and includes a photo of Bryan Cranston, the actor who played the chemistry teacher turned drug kingpin.

The obituary says the 52-year-old "founded a meth manufacturing empire" and he died "after a long battle with lung cancer and a gunshot wound."

The five-season series was set and filmed in Albuquerque.

Los Lunas science teacher David Layman, one of the members an unofficial fan group that placed the obit, says many are sad to see the show go. But he says the obit helps provide some closure.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 13:47 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

(Mostly just for the last 3 or so seconds.)

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 03:45 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

I didn't catch that Felina was the name of the girl in the Marty Robbins tape that Walt played on his ride home. I thought it was just an anagram of "finale".

Anywho, here's a video some dude put together with the entire song:

From here:
Bonnie Rose wrote:
When Stephen Colbert talked to Vince Gilligan about the song El Paso used in the season finale of Breaking Bad, he asked if Felina was Jesse or the blue meth, and Vince basically said Felina was the blue meth... Viewed that way, the song El Paso matches up with not only the scene it was used in and the season finale, but the entire series. So I put the rest of it before and after the actual scene from the finale.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 06:15 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Batman wrote:
I didn't catch that Felina was the name of the girl in the Marty Robbins tape that Walt played on his ride home. I thought it was just an anagram of "finale".

Anywho, here's a video some dude put together with the entire song:

From here:
Bonnie Rose wrote:
When Stephen Colbert talked to Vince Gilligan about the song El Paso used in the season finale of Breaking Bad, he asked if Felina was Jesse or the blue meth, and Vince basically said Felina was the blue meth... Viewed that way, the song El Paso matches up with not only the scene it was used in and the season finale, but the entire series. So I put the rest of it before and after the actual scene from the finale.

I said to Sheila while we were watching it that it could be appropriate to the episode because the singer leaves town after killing someone but comes back into town at the end and dies in his love, Felina's arms.

By the way, Reader's Digest of El Paso:
Quote:
Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I fell in love
I got shot
and I died.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 13:15 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

That was some mighty fine editing.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2013, 10:18 
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie

Will wrote:
That was some mighty fine editing.

:green: Yes, The Dawgs did say that it was an appropriate song. Watching the video kind of blew me away. I so miss this show. :(

We have such sights to show you!

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2013, 23:28 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

'Felina' has another meaning!

Fe (iron) Li (lithium) Na (sodium) which roughly translates to 'Blood, Meth, Tears'.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 01:08 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Academy Award-Winner Anthony Hopkins' Fan Letter To Bryan Cranston

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2013, 01:43 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Breaking Bad Caricatures

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2014, 12:55 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Before I go back and read through this thread (finally), I wanted to post, having just watched the finale.

The pacing of this show was just about perfect - the producers really understand how to craft the story arcs such that you never really feel like anything is dragging, nor were any major plotlines left unresolved through the course of the series. Considering the other shows I have held in very high regard over time (Twin Peaks, X-Files, The SHIELD, Lost, Sopranos, Homeland...) this is an achievement.

I still might give the nod to The SHIELD for best series, but barely, and I think with a re-watch of either I'd likely change my mind. Near-perfect storytelling and almost always satisfying conclusions to story arcs.

Character progression is another area where this show excelled. Certainly Walt, but maybe even more enjoyable to watch was Skyler's descent.

Anyway, loved it - now to go back to the start of this thread and see what you all thought along the way!

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2014, 13:18 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Character progression is another area where this show excelled. Certainly Walt, but maybe even more enjoyable to watch was Skyler's descent.

:green:
That's probably what I loved most about the series. And you're right - it was fascinating to watch Skyler try to rationalize, adapt, and change. That final scene of her sitting in the kitchen smoking blew my mind. Excellent friggin' show.

PostPosted: 02 May 2014, 10:05 
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-a ... 55211.html

Quote:
Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: I've been happily married to my husband for 15 years; however, he was recently diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. Ever since his diagnosis, he's become a completely different person. He sometimes comes home in the middle of the night with no explanation of where he was. I found out he started smoking marijuana. I also have a pretty good suspicion he has a second cellphone, though he denies it. I desperately need help. I'm currently pregnant, to go along with a moody son, a husband with lung cancer and an overdrawn chequing account. -- Stressed and Confused, Winnipeg.

Dear Stressed: You have to get tough now. Your husband knows he's going to die and it won't be long, so he's doing whatever he pleases. He may not be thinking of you, his child and the baby any more, or when he does, it makes him depressed and panicky. Drugs and women are big distractions from those feelings, Second cellphones make contacting another woman or a drug dealer much easier.
So get refocused on yourself, your child and baby to come -- as if you are already on your own. What supports can you start putting in place? Do you have a job where you will get maternity leave? If not, can you go on social assistance? If necessary, what can you do to make money when the baby is little? Where will you live? Do you need to have a roommate, or move in with family? Who could that be? It's time to confess to friends and family exactly what your desperate situation is, financially and otherwise. Villa Rosa, the home/centre for unwed/single mothers knows all the supports for pregnant women that exist in the city, so call them. You are not single now, but you will be when your baby is very young. Are your parents close? If they offer money to help you, don't be too proud. Accept it.
Do you need a food bank? Don't be ashamed to call Winnipeg Harvest so you and the kids can eat. As for sex, start using condoms again, on any excuse. If your husband is upset, say you have a vaginal infection you could pass on. Protect yourself and your children from a sexually transmitted infection. Your husband has focused on his shortened life. You must stand up and become a protective Mama Bear to your children.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 10:42 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Just finished season 3. Man this show rocks. I can't wait to see if Jesse shot Gayle. I am going to leave this thread now so I don't spoil it for myself by reading anything! :D

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 00:49 

Jesse Pinkman's Breaking Bad house up for sale – but it has no meth lab

BREAKING Bad fans are being offered the chance to buy a piece of TV history – the house where Jesse Pinkman made meth.

PRICEY: The house is on sale for a cool million

The luxury four-bedroom home in Albuquerque's affluent Country Club area will cost a cool million.

But despite the high price tag, estate agents are warning diehard Breaking Bad fans that the show's famous meth lab is "not included".

And buyers need not worry about a gaping hole left in the bathroom floor – because the famous scene where drug-dealing duo Walt and Jesse botch an acid burning of a body in the bath was actually filmed in a studio.

UXURY: The property has wooden floors and exposed beams

Instead they'll be treated to sprawling lawns, wooden floors and exposed beams.

The house where Jesse, played by Aaron Paul, hosted a drug-addled rave also features a brick fireplace and a chandelier in the lounge.

FANS: Diehard Breaking Bad lovers have been warned that the house has no meth lab

PLUSH: The house even has a chandelier – a far cry from its Breaking Bad days

It is one of two homes featured on the hit series up for sale.

The other is where Walter White threatened his former business partner with two fake assassins.
STUDIO: But the famous bath scene was filmed in a studio – so there's no bathroom damage

OUTSIDE: It also has a patio for those long, hot Albuquerque nights

That house, which appeared in the season finale, is up for sale in Albuquerque's North Valley for £1.7 million.

Breaking Bad ended in 2013 but tourism firms in Albuquerque still embrace the series and give tours showing off popular spots from the show.

The city's visitor office even includes a map of the show's famous locations on its website.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 04:40 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:

BREAKING Bad fans are being offered the chance to buy a piece of TV history – the house where Jesse Pinkman made meth.

The house where Jesse, played by Aaron Paul, hosted a drug-addled rave also features a brick fireplace and a chandelier in the lounge.

Wasn't that 'drug-addled rave' held in Jesse's actual home? I don't think that was here, as this was the house from the earlier season(s).

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 07:09 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:

Wasn't that 'drug-addled rave' held in Jesse's actual home? I don't think that was here, as this was the house from the earlier season(s).

It was in this home. This was Jesse's parent's home and Jesse bought it from them.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2015, 05:51 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:

It was in this home. This was Jesse's parent's home and Jesse bought it from them.

Man I wish I had some money. And lived in Albuquerque. :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2015, 07:48 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:

Man I wish I had some money. And lived in Albuquerque. :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2015, 17:23 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2016, 13:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Hey..do we have one of these for Better Call Saul?? I am in love with that show just as much as I was with this one.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2016, 13:39 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

spymeg wrote:
Hey..do we have one of these for Better Call Saul?? I am in love with that show just as much as I was with this one.

I don't think we do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9