FilmWise Forums
It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 13:54

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Glee
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 09:23 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:
And then, after months of waiting, I thought that was somewhat of a disappointment. I didn't like anyone in that episode, and none of the songs were spectacular. However, I have high hopes for Madonna week next week.

I know exactly of what you speak and yet -- the Sue/"Vogue" video was priceless, as was Kevin's look when Finn sings "Hello" and...

"Did you know that dolphins were just gay sharks?" made me laugh out loud for five minutes. In fact, that whole scene was awesome.

(btw, some of us, ahem, actually do still say "Ahoy Ahoy" when answering the phone)

:green: to the Vogue video. It actually didn't air up here, but after reading some commentary on the show this morning, I tracked it down. That made me more excited for the return of the show than the actual episode.

The dolphins line was great, but I'm a little worried that they're going to overplay Brittany. I liked her in the fall, where once every couple episodes she would bust out with some hilarious line ("a male duck"), but she had a number of moments last night. I think if they use her too much, it will get old fast.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 09:25 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:
And then, after months of waiting, I thought that was somewhat of a disappointment. I didn't like anyone in that episode, and none of the songs were spectacular. However, I have high hopes for Madonna week next week.

I know exactly of what you speak and yet -- the Sue/"Vogue" video was priceless, as was Kevin's look when Finn sings "Hello" and...

"Did you know that dolphins were just gay sharks?" made me laugh out loud for five minutes. In fact, that whole scene was awesome.

(btw, some of us, ahem, actually do still say "Ahoy Ahoy" when answering the phone)

"I sometimes forget my middle name."

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 19:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I thought it started out as well as it ever has - almost everything was funny in the first twenty minutes, and Rachel's song was solid too. Then it mostly died down for some good and some bad relationship things, which can be good if interspersed, but the episode felt almost entirely divided between emotion and comedy. The Vogue video was perfect, though, as were "No, she's dead, I'm her son" and "I'm gonna send this to the victims of Hurricane Katrina, so they can use it to plug the holes in their trailer." I also think other than Sue (and Brittany's one or two lines), Finn is the most consistently funny character - he's so subdued in a show full of people who are incredibly overdramatic, and he plays it so well.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2010, 22:00 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:

:green:

And SF was mentioned here after the "ahoy ahoy" line.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 11:43 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

no one admits to watching it but the true Gleeks can always be heard whistling one of the songs in the office the next day

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2010, 12:59 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

dawson99 wrote:
Is it bad that I really enjoyed Glee?
I'm a straight 33 year old bloke. I'm not being homophobic or anything, but I was pretty sure the programme was only aimed at women and 'the gays'

It was a real uplifting show. Just seen the 1st two episodes but its cool. The main guy reminds me of Chris Klein tho, but its good

Just started watching this. And this is one of the funnest shows I've seen in a long time. Just fabulous.

And yeah, Finn does remind me of Chris Klein too.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2010, 20:13 
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise

Steel Frog wrote:

I do, but only when it is my wife calling, and I say more of an "Ahoy-hoy". I am basically imitating Mr. Burns. Didn't know where it came from until I saw it on Glee.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2010, 08:23 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I wasn't too thrilled with the premiere, but last night's episode was awesome. I'm still worried that Brittany's character will get annoying with too much attention, but she was on last night. And, damn, Heather Morris can dance.

I also thought the group performance of Toxic was awesome, one of the only times I've gone straight to iTunes after watching an ep. I just wish they hadn't kept cutting to Jacob during the performance.

So far, the season needs more Kurt. And Puck. And to end episodes on group numbers rather than Lea Michele solos.

Also wanted to report that Darren Criss has been cast as Blair, a character from a rival Glee club who is speculated to be a possible love interest for Kurt. Yeah, Darren Criss, from A Very Potter Musical/Sequel. Now that's news that makes me want to squee.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 17:04 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Mazer wrote:
I wasn't too thrilled with the premiere, but last night's episode was awesome. I'm still worried that Brittany's character will get annoying with too much attention, but she was on last night. And, damn, Heather Morris can dance.

I also thought the group performance of Toxic was awesome, one of the only times I've gone straight to iTunes after watching an ep. I just wish they hadn't kept cutting to Jacob during the performance.

So far, the season needs more Kurt. And Puck. And to end episodes on group numbers rather than Lea Michele solos.

Also wanted to report that Darren Criss has been cast as Blair, a character from a rival Glee club who is speculated to be a possible love interest for Kurt. Yeah, Darren Criss, from A Very Potter Musical/Sequel. Now that's news that makes me want to squee.

Brittany's awesome dancing is the best thing about Glee.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2010, 12:39 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Damn you, Glee.

Awhile ago, I made a decision not to have anything to do with Katy Perry. But I cannot stop watching the clip of the Dalton Academy Warblers performing Teenage Dream. So far, I've resisted buying it, but my will is weakening.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2011, 02:41 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

I wonder if there's going to be a Gunther centric episode at some point.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2011, 11:16 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I don't watch this (although now I feel like I should go back and catch up) but I have to say, I actually rather liked Gwynnie doing CeeLo. Doing Joan Jett in the rich-white-girl-idea-of-S&M-wear, not so much. Actually I think her voice is too thin and high to pull off the song. But I do have a question for those who watch regularly--is "And everybody's got a random" a call back to something earlier in the show? I get what it means, but just wondering if there's more context here?

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2011, 11:21 

I've had a thing for Paltrow for a while, but on Glee Britney is awesome

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2011, 14:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Buckykatt wrote:
I don't watch this (although now I feel like I should go back and catch up) but I have to say, I actually rather liked Gwynnie doing CeeLo. Doing Joan Jett in the rich-white-girl-idea-of-S&M-wear, not so much. Actually I think her voice is too thin and high to pull off the song. But I do have a question for those who watch regularly--is "And everybody's got a random" a call back to something earlier in the show? I get what it means, but just wondering if there's more context here?

No, it's not a call back that I know of. I did like her delivery of that line.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2011, 01:16 
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

Glee is sucking more often than not lately. Too bad.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2011, 19:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

bratzks wrote:

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2011, 20:06 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

BubbyChubs wrote:
bratzks wrote:

True. The show runners need to actually sit down at the beginning of next season and plan the whole thing out, rather than making it up week by week based on what people on the Internet are saying.

That said, I'm on my third viewing of tonight's episode.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 11:26 

It used to be a show with songs, now its songs with a little bit of a show. As knarf would say "The ratio of songs to show is too big"

What makes it worse is recently I rewatched buffy 'Once more with feeling' which is one of the best epsiodes in tv history as far as I'm concerned... and shows how it should really be done.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 17:17 

dawson99 wrote:
It used to be a show with songs, now its songs with a little bit of a show. As knarf would say "The ratio of songs to show is too big"

What makes it worse is recently I rewatched buffy 'Once more with feeling' which is one of the best epsiodes in tv history as far as I'm concerned... and shows how it should really be done.

I haven't seen it in years, but based off memory, I'm inclined to agree with you about "Once More With Feeling."

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 09:27 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Watching last week's episode about prom. Love the PiP quote slipped in there, "what about prom blane?" :D

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 09:39 

As usual with anything that is remotely popular, the dicks from sky have brought out channel 4s showing of Glee, offering twice as much, so another show gone to the dark side

PostPosted: 20 May 2011, 07:11 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Getting paid to see Glee Live tomorrow night. While I'm kinda meh about the show in general lately, I still love the music, so I'm excited.

PostPosted: 20 May 2011, 10:41 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

BubbyChubs wrote:
Getting paid to see Glee Live tomorrow night. While I'm kinda meh about the show in general lately, I still love the music, so I'm excited.

and you're getting paid, so even if it sucks, you win!

PostPosted: 21 May 2011, 22:51 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

dawson99 wrote:
As usual with anything that is remotely popular, the dicks from sky have brought out channel 4s showing of Glee, offering twice as much, so another show gone to the dark side

As much as I love Glee, this series has been a bit disappointing (a Fleetwood Mac-based show? Target audience?!!). I reckon that unless the next series is shit-hot it will be the last.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 22 May 2011, 10:55 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

F.N.G. wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:

and you're getting paid, so even if it sucks, you win!

It turned out to be a really good show, so bonus for me. I literally ran into Chord Overstreet. Since he was running backstage for a quick-change I didn't bother him for a pic or anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next