FilmWise Forums
It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 20:08

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Community
PostPosted: 12 May 2014, 16:27 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

I just saw about 3 minutes of 2 Broke Girls while I was in the break room at work and I really got upset. I know they are on different channels so it's not really the same thing, but it is a sad indictment on this world when a show like that is a hit and Community can't even stay on the air. According to the laugh track, I watched Broke Girls long enough to hear 6 or 7 hilarious jokes, most of which shouldn't even be classified as jokes, let enough be considered funny.

The last bit I saw had one of the girls blast her crotch with a burst of steam from a coffee machine and then go on and on about how she steamed her vagina. As you're aware, I am about as far from conservative as you can get, but how is something like that allowed on a prime time network show?

PostPosted: 13 May 2014, 08:47 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

A² wrote:
I just saw about 3 minutes of 2 Broke Girls while I was in the break room at work and I really got upset. I know they are on different channels so it's not really the same thing, but it is a sad indictment on this world when a show like that is a hit and Community can't even stay on the air. According to the laugh track, I watched Broke Girls long enough to hear 6 or 7 hilarious jokes, most of which shouldn't even be classified as jokes, let enough be considered funny.

The last bit I saw had one of the girls blast her crotch with a burst of steam from a coffee machine and then go on and on about how she steamed her vagina. As you're aware, I am about as far from conservative as you can get, but how is something like that allowed on a prime time network show?

I hear ya! I think that 90% of the people watching that one is for the cleavage only. That is the only explination I have. No other comedy on television seems as formulaic and laugh tracky as that one.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2014, 16:39 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

... and a movie?

(so much for the canonical meteor ...)

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2014, 21:24 

yahoo!

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2014, 07:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Odd Todd wrote:
A² wrote:

I hear ya! I think that 90% of the people watching that one is for the cleavage only. That is the only explination I have. No other comedy on television seems as formulaic and laugh tracky as that one.

I found this disturbing

"Shows geared toward (comparatively) younger viewers like 30 Rock and Community eat up valuable prime-time real estate, and although they have a devoted core audience, that audience is most likely going to watch the episodes later on DVR or on the Internet through services like Hulu, where ad revenue is slashed. It's gotten so bad that NBC is now backing off of making quirky, narrow-interest comedies altogether and hedging their bets on bland, formulaic sitcoms with prerecorded laughter."

From here

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2014, 17:22 

BubbyChubs wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
A² wrote:

I found this disturbing

"Shows geared toward (comparatively) younger viewers like 30 Rock and Community eat up valuable prime-time real estate, and although they have a devoted core audience, that audience is most likely going to watch the episodes later on DVR or on the Internet through services like Hulu, where ad revenue is slashed. It's gotten so bad that NBC is now backing off of making quirky, narrow-interest comedies altogether and hedging their bets on bland, formulaic sitcoms with prerecorded laughter."

From here

blech. they deserve to be in last place.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2014, 02:13 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

A² wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
A² wrote:

I found this disturbing

From here

blech. they deserve to be in last place.

I watched an episode of 2 broke girls once. I like the lead gal, I liked her in Nick and Norah, but I have no idea why she does this.

Edgy can be good, the paedophile episode in Workaholics was hilarious I'm embarrassed to admit, but even I find a steamed vagina only funny when writing about it in a forum like this.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2015, 01:26 

You know how McDonalds will try to compete with other franchises by making their own version of a more popular, better tasting product? Examples include their "Southern" chicken sandwich, which was just a shitty version of Chick-fil-a or McCafe which is just cheap ass Starbucks. That's how this season of Community is making me feel.

It more or less looks like the Community that I have loved before. I still see Jeff, Abed, Britta and Annie. Losing Pierce and Shirley hurt and its never been the same since Troy left. At first I was so happy that Yahoo saved the show, but now I'm starting to wish it could have gone out a season or two sooner with a lot more dignity. The first few seasons were so fresh and imaginative. It was unlike anything I'd seen on tv before. Now its just sad, and so am I.

I'm only 1 episode in. I'll keep watching, hoping it can find its feet. Its not a promising start.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2015, 02:49 

Its evening out a little bit. I find it a little unfortunate that my favorite part of all three episodes was the closing scenes over the credits. There's also way too much Dean Pelton and Chang for my taste.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2015, 00:59 

I can't find this show on UK yahoo anywhere! I'm watching it wherever I can find it but it's not in the usual place.

the show is still finding it's feet. Abed seems subdued, Jeff needs to stop going to the gym so much but the others are great as usual. Not seen the 3rd episode was great fun.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015, 20:45 

It's been good enough to keep watching but things are still off. Community doing a stage presentation of Karate Kid should have been the apex of my viewing pleasure but it still felt flat.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2015, 09:24 

Any Ukers with Virgin TV.... Community season 6 on Sony channel :) channel 193

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2015, 21:22 

Billy Zane on Community was an awesome cameo this week :lol:

PostPosted: 07 May 2015, 07:07 

Matt Berry in the latest episode easily my favourite of the season. It is nice to focus on the gang and not just Chang, and I know we still have another paintball episode to come

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6