All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Sherlock
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 14:48 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Dawson wrote:
God Damn epsiode 3 was a good one.

:green:
Just like in the previous series, the last episode was the best of the series. I wonder how they'll explain how he managed to get away with it.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 00:39 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

snotball wrote:
Dawson wrote:
God Damn epsiode 3 was a good one.

Just like in the previous series, the last episode was the best of the series. I wonder how they'll explain how he managed to get away with it.

We'll find out in season 3,which is already commisioned

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 12:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

LOVE this show! Just watched Season 2 this weekend and can't get enough of it. Bring on season 3 please so we can see how he pulled it off. I might be a little obsessed...

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 13:26 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

It definetly has something to do with Molly, that's why he visied her before meeting up with Moriarty.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 13:57 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

snotball wrote:
It definetly has something to do with Molly, that's why he visied her before meeting up with Moriarty.

There must be either a doppleganger or a very convincing mask - remember when he rescued the girl she screamed and was afraid of him. So he puts the mask on Moriarty and dumps the body (and uses Molly to fake the paperwork), or the doppleganger is dead and he dumps that body. I hope Moriarty is still alive too.

For both series my favourite episodes have been the third one (S1 ep3 my fave of all so far) and second least favourite (really disappointed by Hound of the Baskervilles).

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 14:05 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:

There must be either a doppleganger or a very convincing mask - remember when he rescued the girl she screamed and was afraid of him. So he puts the mask on Moriarty and dumps the body (and uses Molly to fake the paperwork), or the doppleganger is dead and he dumps that body. I hope Moriarty is still alive too.

The only problem with your theory is he was talking to Watson, and was seen doing so, just before he jumped off, which was witnessed as well.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 14:12 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:

The only problem with your theory is he was talking to Watson, and was seen doing so, just before he jumped off, which was witnessed as well.

Watson tripped over a bike as he ran towards the building just as Sherlock jumped (IIRC), so he could have done the switch then?

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 14:55 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:

Watson tripped over a bike as he ran towards the building just as Sherlock jumped (IIRC), so he could have done the switch then?

I just rechecked the episode and Watson is tripped by the bike as he was running towards Sherlock after he hit the ground.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 23:08 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:

I just rechecked the episode and Watson is tripped by the bike as he was running towards Sherlock after he hit the ground.

Damn you memory!

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 23:12 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Did Molly not perhaps drug him to slow his heartbeat so it would seem as if he were dead when Watson checked? Wouldn't explain the fall though obviously.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 00:43 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Punisher wrote:
Did Molly not perhaps drug him to slow his heartbeat so it would seem as if he were dead when Watson checked? Wouldn't explain the fall though obviously.

Or the blood.
I hope it's not going to be a "He didn’t get out of the cockadoodie car" revelation.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 08:45 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Just watched S02E01 last night...
Loved it! Was actually laughing and clapping at the last shot reveal... and I was all by myself. So... that was cool.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 08:48 

Odd Todd wrote:
Just watched S02E01 last night...
Loved it! Was actually laughing and clapping at the last shot reveal... and I was all by myself. So... that was cool.

did exactly the same, awesome epsiode!

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 12:32 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:

Damn you memory!

I'm with FNG, I think the body is the doppleganger.

I don't know if this helps the theory... but it keeps nagging at me...
Sherlock told Moriarty to meet him on the roof of the hospital...
But when Watson shows up... he starts to walk to opposite direction until Sherlock calls him and tells him to turn around. So if Watson was going to the hospital... then what building was Sherlock on top of? Is it possible Sherlock was always on the roof of the Hospital and who we see fall was on another building? Possibly forced to walk off by a very living Moriarty? Because Moriarty would not kill himself, come on... not on the verge of his ultimate win! Especially if he could live and get to watch Sherlock deal with his disgrace and public death... that's even better! Right?

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 01:13 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Odd Todd wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
snotball wrote:

Damn you memory!

I'm with FNG, I think the body is the doppleganger.

I don't know if this helps the theory... but it keeps nagging at me...
Sherlock told Moriarty to meet him on the roof of the hospital...
But when Watson shows up... he starts to walk to opposite direction until Sherlock calls him and tells him to turn around. So if Watson was going to the hospital... then what building was Sherlock on top of? Is it possible Sherlock was always on the roof of the Hospital and who we see fall was on another building? Possibly forced to walk off by a very living Moriarty? Because Moriarty would not kill himself, come on... not on the verge of his ultimate win! Especially if he could live and get to watch Sherlock deal with his disgrace and public death... that's even better! Right?

I watched this scene several times to be sure. The man watching Watson get out of the car is Sherlock.
I have a feeling that a He-didn't-jump-off-the-cockadoodie-roof kind of explanation is what we'll get.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 00:05 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

"'There is a clue everybody's missed': Sherlock writer Steven Moffat interviewed"

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 14:47 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Damn, so I just watched the first episode of the first season and that was bloody excellent. No idea why I waited this long but I don't think I was even aware of this until Dawson mentioned season two in January. Anyway, very glad to have given it a go at last. Just annoyed that it's midnight and I can't stay up and watch another 7.5 hours.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 23:04 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Nunis wrote:
Damn, so I just watched the first episode of the first season and that was bloody excellent. No idea why I waited this long but I don't think I was even aware of this until Dawson mentioned season two in January. Anyway, very glad to have given it a go at last. Just annoyed that it's midnight and I can't stay up and watch another 7.5 hours.

If you though the first episode was excellent, you'll be glad to know that you still haven't watched the really good ones yet.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 03:04 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:

If you though the first episode was excellent, you'll be glad to know that you still haven't watched the really good ones yet.

It wasn't that the premiere was flawless, far from it. I had serious problems with the plotting and I thought the resolution left a lot to be desired. What attracted me most was the stellar dialogue and acting, the stunning rendition of modern London, and the little quirky additions like text on screen and modern day upgrades to the stories. Watching this in HD on a 46" LED TV was something of a revelation. I suppose the bottom line is that I am a sucker for anything that is beautiful, smart, and fun. We don't get that trifecta too often on TV these days.

Spoiler for Season 1 Episode 2
snotball wrote:
Just finished watching the second episode.
For someone with superior intelect, wouldn't it have been far more easier to lay down the chair on its side, instead of trying to untie the woman while being strangled? :roll:

Also just saw the second episode, and that is precisely what I thought. The first instinct of any normal person would be to kick the chair over or even stop the ball from dropping entirely.

Also loved the reaction of the PA when Holmes revealed the value of the jade pin.

Thought the second episode was good, but it seemed to drag on a little. Otherwise, a lot of fun and I'm excited to see the - supposedly best of this season - third episode.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 06:10 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Nunis wrote:
I'm excited to see the - supposedly best of this season - third episode.

Not supposedly. In both its seasons Sherlock proved that third time is definetly the charm.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 11:11 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:
I'm excited to see the - supposedly best of this season - third episode.

Not supposedly. In both its seasons Sherlock proved that third time is definetly the charm.

It could just be that Moriarty is an excellent foil. Even though I found him annoying at first, he really grew on me.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 22:11 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Episode 3 was, indeed, most excellent.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 01:57 

I preferred the first episode of season 2, and a great message tone

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 01:58 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

I finished season two this weekend and I think it's fair to say I am more than a little obsessed. Also, in love with Benedict Cumberbatch.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 02:01 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Dawson wrote:
I preferred the first episode of season 2, and a great message tone

Ahhhhhh