Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
Message
Author
User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30448
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Game of Thrones

#226 Post by Batman » 08 Apr 2014, 00:42

JJ wrote:Happy the show's back on. Somewhat underwhelmed by the first episode of Season 4.
I dug it, though I found the replacement actor for Daario Naharis confusing. I was wondering, "Who the fuck is that?" before realizing they must have switched actors.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30448
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Game of Thrones

#227 Post by Batman » 08 Apr 2014, 04:44

Jaime Likes Lannisters.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30448
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Game of Thrones

#228 Post by Batman » 08 Apr 2014, 04:45

Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51566
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Game of Thrones

#229 Post by knarf » 08 Apr 2014, 05:45

Batman wrote:
JJ wrote:Happy the show's back on. Somewhat underwhelmed by the first episode of Season 4.
I dug it, though I found the replacement actor for Daario Naharis confusing. I was wondering, "Who the fuck is that?" before realizing they must have switched actors.
:green:
Image

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51566
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Game of Thrones

#230 Post by knarf » 08 Apr 2014, 05:46

Batman wrote:
Jaime Likes Lannisters.jpg
:lol:
Image

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Game of Thrones

#231 Post by You Know, for Kids » 08 Apr 2014, 05:47

Batman wrote:
JJ wrote:Happy the show's back on. Somewhat underwhelmed by the first episode of Season 4.
I dug it, though I found the replacement actor for Daario Naharis confusing. I was wondering, "Who the fuck is that?" before realizing they must have switched actors.
:green: :green:

Arya and the Hound are currently the most intriguing storyline for me. I'm waiting for Tyrion to get back into a position of some strength so we can get better dialog out of him. Jaime on his way back to King's Landing was much more interesting than Jaime at King's Landing. And Danaerys can't get over to Westeros fast enough.

That said, I enjoyed the first episode of the season - while there was the requisite set-up of events there was also some nice payoff along the way, especially with Arya getting her pony.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

User avatar
spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4201
Joined: 01 Jul 2003, 20:27
Gender: Female
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Game of Thrones

#232 Post by spivey » 10 Apr 2014, 13:07

Batman wrote:
Jaime Likes Lannisters.jpg
:lol:
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51566
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Game of Thrones

#233 Post by knarf » 13 Apr 2014, 20:24

Didn't see that one coming.
Image

User avatar
spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4201
Joined: 01 Jul 2003, 20:27
Gender: Female
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Game of Thrones

#234 Post by spivey » 13 Apr 2014, 21:43

knarf wrote:Didn't see that one coming.
But enjoyed it immensely nonetheless. :D Thank you, George R. R. Martin, for turning me into a sadistic a**hole. :banana:
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51566
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Game of Thrones

#235 Post by knarf » 14 Apr 2014, 05:50

spivey wrote:
knarf wrote:Didn't see that one coming.
But enjoyed it immensely nonetheless. :D
:green:
Image

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

Re: Game of Thrones

#236 Post by JJ » 14 Apr 2014, 08:27

knarf wrote:
spivey wrote:
knarf wrote:Didn't see that one coming.
But enjoyed it immensely nonetheless. :D
:green:
He's such a dick. But I'm going to miss him. Guaranteed entertainment every single second he was on the screen.

I find the new "mysterious" prince not terribly interesting so far. OK, I get it, he likes women and men; he hates the Lannisters, he dresses weirdly, and he has sort of an Antonio Banderas accent. But not much of a screen presence.
La la la la la.

User avatar
spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4201
Joined: 01 Jul 2003, 20:27
Gender: Female
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Game of Thrones

#237 Post by spivey » 14 Apr 2014, 08:38

JJ wrote:
knarf wrote:
spivey wrote:
knarf wrote:Didn't see that one coming.
But enjoyed it immensely nonetheless. :D
:green:
He's such a dick. But I'm going to miss him. Guaranteed entertainment every single second he was on the screen.

I find the new "mysterious" prince not terribly interesting so far. OK, I get it, he likes women and men; he hates the Lannisters, he dresses weirdly, and he has sort of an Antonio Banderas accent. But not much of a screen presence.
We refer to most of the characters by nicknames since we can't remember all of those names. I call him Enrique Iglesias.
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13715
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Game of Thrones

#238 Post by Odd Todd » 14 Apr 2014, 11:48

spivey wrote:
JJ wrote:
knarf wrote:
spivey wrote:
knarf wrote:Didn't see that one coming.
But enjoyed it immensely nonetheless. :D
:green:
He's such a dick. But I'm going to miss him. Guaranteed entertainment every single second he was on the screen.

I find the new "mysterious" prince not terribly interesting so far. OK, I get it, he likes women and men; he hates the Lannisters, he dresses weirdly, and he has sort of an Antonio Banderas accent. But not much of a screen presence.
We refer to most of the characters by nicknames since we can't remember all of those names. I call him Enrique Iglesias.
They call him The Red Viper... as he likes to use different poisons on his weapons when fighting. He is going to be fairly awesome this season.
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

Re: Game of Thrones

#239 Post by JJ » 14 Apr 2014, 12:04

spivey wrote:
JJ wrote:
knarf wrote:
spivey wrote:
knarf wrote:Didn't see that one coming.
But enjoyed it immensely nonetheless. :D
:green:
He's such a dick. But I'm going to miss him. Guaranteed entertainment every single second he was on the screen.

I find the new "mysterious" prince not terribly interesting so far. OK, I get it, he likes women and men; he hates the Lannisters, he dresses weirdly, and he has sort of an Antonio Banderas accent. But not much of a screen presence.
We refer to most of the characters by nicknames since we can't remember all of those names. I call him Enrique Iglesias.
:lol:
La la la la la.

User avatar
F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
Posts: 18902
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Gender: Male
Location: hiding under my desk...
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

#240 Post by F.N.G. » 14 Apr 2014, 13:38

I thought he would last the distance. Glad he didn't. Totally unexpected.
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Game of Thrones

#241 Post by You Know, for Kids » 15 Apr 2014, 04:59

F.N.G. wrote:I thought he would last the distance. Glad he didn't. Totally unexpected.
My wife, upon seeing this unfold: "Yesssss!"
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

User avatar
spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4201
Joined: 01 Jul 2003, 20:27
Gender: Female
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Game of Thrones

#242 Post by spivey » 17 Apr 2014, 19:16

Perhaps this was already pointed out...

"But even if the boy lives he would be a cripple, a grotesque. Give me a good, clean death anyday."

Image

F*cker.
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 16192
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Game of Thrones

#243 Post by Scruluce » 17 Apr 2014, 23:13

You Know, for Kids wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:I thought he would last the distance. Glad he didn't. Totally unexpected.
My wife, upon seeing this unfold: "Yesssss!"
:green: (I had similar sentiments)

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 16192
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Game of Thrones

#244 Post by Scruluce » 17 Apr 2014, 23:14

spivey wrote:Perhaps this was already pointed out...

"But even if the boy lives he would be a cripple, a grotesque. Give me a good, clean death anyday."

Image

F*cker.
Karma, she is a bitch.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 16192
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Game of Thrones

#245 Post by Scruluce » 17 Apr 2014, 23:16

You Know, for Kids wrote:And Danaerys can't get over to Westeros fast enough.
Not a real spoiler, I don't think but, all the same...
Spoiler
A friend of mine is through most of the main story novels, and Danaerys is still leading the charge to end slavery and nowhere near Westeros.
...there's no telling how Mr. Martin will play it out for the show though. He has already made alterations along the way.

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Game of Thrones

#246 Post by You Know, for Kids » 18 Apr 2014, 09:07

Scruluce wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:And Danaerys can't get over to Westeros fast enough.
Not a real spoiler, I don't think but, all the same...
Spoiler
A friend of mine is through most of the main story novels, and Danaerys is still leading the charge to end slavery and nowhere near Westeros.
...there's no telling how Mr. Martin will play it out for the show though. He has already made alterations along the way.
The ultimate cock-tease?

This would be fine as long as some of the elements from Westeros find their way to her instead...
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13715
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Game of Thrones

#247 Post by Odd Todd » 18 Apr 2014, 11:12

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:And Danaerys can't get over to Westeros fast enough.
Not a real spoiler, I don't think but, all the same...
Spoiler
A friend of mine is through most of the main story novels, and Danaerys is still leading the charge to end slavery and nowhere near Westeros.
...there's no telling how Mr. Martin will play it out for the show though. He has already made alterations along the way.
The ultimate cock-tease?
No I think he is well into showing the cock.

But I would bet that Dany won't make it to Westeros until the end... and I wouldn't put it past him to make her the true, stable & benevolent ruler to give it all a happy ending. (Ya know AFTER her Dragons go all scorchy scorchy on all the Kings but Bran.)
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Game of Thrones

#248 Post by » 19 Apr 2014, 15:16

OMG. If I had made a list of the top 5 people who I expected to be there at the end, he would have been at the top of the list. So Shocking. Are spoilers allowed in open conversation?
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51566
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Game of Thrones

#249 Post by knarf » 19 Apr 2014, 18:41

Image
Image

User avatar
spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4201
Joined: 01 Jul 2003, 20:27
Gender: Female
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Game of Thrones

#250 Post by spivey » 22 Apr 2014, 15:36

Exactly what I said to Cristina as we were watching...

Image
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

Post Reply