FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 05:35

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 17 May 2016, 11:02 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13839
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
FYNC is Game of Thrones


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 May 2016, 02:02 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28945
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Nooooo!!!! Not Nymphadora!

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 May 2016, 04:02 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8365
Location: Around
Batman wrote:
Nooooo!!!! Not Nymphadora!

yes, indeed :cry:

I really hope they make Ramsay suffer within the next few episodes, because I'm quite done with him.

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 May 2016, 10:53 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13839
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Nooooo!!!! Not Nymphadora!

yes, indeed :cry:

I really hope they make Ramsay suffer within the next few episodes, because I'm quite done with him.

likewise... which likely means we'll have to endure him (a-la-Joffrey) awhile longer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 May 2016, 03:27 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8365
Location: Around
Scruluce wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Nooooo!!!! Not Nymphadora!

yes, indeed :cry:

I really hope they make Ramsay suffer within the next few episodes, because I'm quite done with him.

likewise... which likely means we'll have to endure him (a-la-Joffrey) awhile longer.

I have the feeling they will kill him off this season, but will replace him with someone else descipable. Remember they did introduce the new Greyjoy psychopath a few episodes back, when he killed off his brother.

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 May 2016, 09:16 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13695
Location: Colorado
Scruluce wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Nooooo!!!! Not Nymphadora!

yes, indeed :cry:

I really hope they make Ramsay suffer within the next few episodes, because I'm quite done with him.

likewise... which likely means we'll have to endure him (a-la-Joffrey) awhile longer.

Iwan Rheon is concious of how awful he is in GoT... so in an effort to appear more cute and cuddly he decided to be Hitler in his next film. :lol:

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 May 2016, 22:24 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33896
Location: parts unknown
Hodor :(

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 May 2016, 05:28 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 48149
Location: Rocket City
A² wrote:
Hodor :(

That was a rough one :(

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 May 2016, 12:50 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13839
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
Hodor :(

That was a rough one :(

at least we finally understand what he was saying all this time. :s


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 May 2016, 17:35 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28945
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Things the three-eyed Raven should have said: "Oh, wait a minute. There's one guy who might be able to see you in your visions. Don't let him touch you. What's that? He already did? Oh, dear. Maybe I should have mentioned that first."

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Last edited by Batman on 23 May 2016, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 May 2016, 17:41 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28945
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Things the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch should say: "Also, who is in charge of the carpentry at Castle Black? I mean, I'm not asking for Norm Abrams or anything, but Jesus Christ, it's always fricking freezing up here, Mr. Bigglesworth. Maybe we should make doors and window shutters with fewer spaces in them. Yeah, I get that we need some ventilation. But hell, our life expectancy really isn't much beyond 45, so I think we should live with the elevated risks associated with radon."

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 May 2016, 08:56 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Really good season thus far. Episodes have given me faith that the whole story was created with an eventual conclusion in mind, rather than Lost-style "we're making this crap up as we go".

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 May 2016, 09:44 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8365
Location: Around
JJ wrote:
Really good season thus far. Episodes have given me faith that the whole story was created with an eventual conclusion in mind, rather than Lost-style "we're making this crap up as we go".

:green:

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 May 2016, 20:45 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28945
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Middle wrote:
JJ wrote:
Really good season thus far. Episodes have given me faith that the whole story was created with an eventual conclusion in mind, rather than Lost-style "we're making this crap up as we go".

:green:

:green:

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 May 2016, 12:07 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8949
Location: Westchester, NY
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
JJ wrote:
Really good season thus far. Episodes have given me faith that the whole story was created with an eventual conclusion in mind, rather than Lost-style "we're making this crap up as we go".

:green:

:green:

:green:

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2016, 04:53 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8365
Location: Around
Any thoughts here on that 'Waif = Arya' theory?

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2016, 06:34 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28945
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Middle wrote:
Any thoughts here on that 'Waif = Arya' theory?

I disagree with it completely. I'd say that the "Arya" we saw book passage to Westeros and then enjoy the view in Braavos is not the real Arya. She threw and recovered the bags of silver with her right hand and she's a leftie. Moreover, the last scene from the previous episode we saw her in, she had recovered Needle and seemed to be lying in wait under cover of darkness for some kind of attacker. This "Arya" didn't have Needle nor did she seem to be worried about her detection.

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2016, 21:48 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33896
Location: parts unknown
Arya doing a bunch of parkour around Bravos a day or two removed from multiple gut stabs was ridiculous. That was a really unsatisfying end to her time with the faceless men.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2016, 06:58 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 48149
Location: Rocket City
A² wrote:
Arya doing a bunch of parkour around Bravos a day or two removed from multiple gut stabs was ridiculous. That was a really unsatisfying end to her time with the faceless men.

The running around didn't bother me so much, but I definitely agree on the ending.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2016, 08:17 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8949
Location: Westchester, NY
knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
Arya doing a bunch of parkour around Bravos a day or two removed from multiple gut stabs was ridiculous. That was a really unsatisfying end to her time with the faceless men.

The running around didn't bother me so much, but I definitely agree on the ending.

I don't know - I was over the whole many-faced god storyline a long ways back. I just wanted it to end and have Arya back on track and seeking revenge. Or at least interacting with more interesting characters.

I'm eager to be done with all of the religious factions, quite honestly. The Seven Gods, The Many Faced God, the Lord of Light and even the Old Gods of the North have all been the weakest parts of the show for me throughout the seasons.

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2016, 08:28 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13839
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
Arya doing a bunch of parkour around Bravos a day or two removed from multiple gut stabs was ridiculous. That was a really unsatisfying end to her time with the faceless men.

The running around didn't bother me so much, but I definitely agree on the ending.

I'm on the fence with her end with the faceless men.

This was the same guy that helped her escape Kings Landing. I vaguely recall Arya being pressed to decide what she wanted. She had a list of people to kill in order to exact vengeance. Things sort of unraveled on her, and she was left in an uncertain state. She recognized the faceless man from before, and thought she could escape her past and her name by becoming one of them. As hard as she tried to train and learn, she couldn't fully commit.

I saw this ending as Arya finally making up her mind, and the faceless man showing some recognition of that, or sense of accomplishment in his own twisted part he played in helping her get there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2016, 10:30 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
:green: to everything you all are thinking or saying.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2016, 22:32 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13839
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
That death may have been more satisfying than Geoffrey.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2016, 23:49 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33896
Location: parts unknown
Scruluce wrote:
That death may have been more satisfying than Geoffrey.

He got off easy. Although, it was nice of the show to giving us something we wanted instead of another kick in the nuts.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2016, 08:13 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2003, 09:58
Posts: 8226
Location: Boston
Now who wants to bet Ramsay is literally part of Sansa now? (A bastard Jr. on the way maybe?)

_________________
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group