Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Game of Thrones

#76 Post by Scruluce » 07 Mar 2012, 05:21

AngelTash wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Scruluce wrote:a buddy of mine just bought the first season on DVD today (swearing his allegiance to Stark house). We're about 2-3 episodes in, sipping mint juleps as we watch. We've stopped for dinner (and I made a short jaunt to starbucks to post homework assignments and check in here). Don't know if we will make it through all 10 episodes, but we're pretty relaxed already.
I've been home for about 40 mins now. All 10 hours completed...again. I'd forgotten that that Stark nephew was still breast-feeding. creepy. the dragon lady is sexy. Now I just have to wait 3 more weeks...
Is your friend still loyal to House Stark?
That's the packaging he bought. apparently there was a standard box set, or you could choose one of two season editions featuring dragons or dire wolves. my friend is a big fan of wolves; has been for as long as I've known him.
...unless something better's on TV

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#77 Post by AngelTash » 07 Mar 2012, 05:22

Scruluce wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Scruluce wrote:a buddy of mine just bought the first season on DVD today (swearing his allegiance to Stark house). We're about 2-3 episodes in, sipping mint juleps as we watch. We've stopped for dinner (and I made a short jaunt to starbucks to post homework assignments and check in here). Don't know if we will make it through all 10 episodes, but we're pretty relaxed already.
I've been home for about 40 mins now. All 10 hours completed...again. I'd forgotten that that Stark nephew was still breast-feeding. creepy. the dragon lady is sexy. Now I just have to wait 3 more weeks...
That's the packaging he bought. apparently there was a standard box set, or you could choose one of two season editions featuring dragons or dire wolves. my friend is a big fan of wolves; has been for as long as I've known him.
:D
All things truly wicked start from innocence.

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#78 Post by snotball » 07 Mar 2012, 06:15

Scruluce wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
They were all out of the breast feeding edition?
Bad dates

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#79 Post by Scruluce » 07 Mar 2012, 12:53

snotball wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
They were all out of the breast feeding edition?
The promotions team weened HBO off the idea of releasing that one. They were ready to milk that one for all it was worth too.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#80 Post by Scruluce » 07 Mar 2012, 12:59

AngelTash wrote: Is your friend still loyal to House Stark?
fwiw, my friend is current on the books. He had a good idea of how the episodes were blocked out and which character was which when they first appeared on the screen. That actually helped me out on the rewatching because it had been awhile since I watched an episode.

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#81 Post by AngelTash » 08 Mar 2012, 06:26

Scruluce wrote:
fwiw, my friend is current on the books. He had a good idea of how the episodes were blocked out and which character was which when they first appeared on the screen. That actually helped me out on the rewatching because it had been awhile since I watched an episode.
So you haven't read the books?

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#82 Post by Scruluce » 08 Mar 2012, 11:09

AngelTash wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
So you haven't read the books?
I have not...yet.

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#83 Post by Batman » 11 Mar 2012, 10:18

I'm not reading the rest of this thread yet. I've just started watching the show and I've only seen the first episode. I'm guessing it should be awesome and they're not going to be following any rules in this show. After all, they just killed a 10-year-old boy. Awesome!
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#84 Post by snotball » 12 Mar 2012, 00:15

Batman wrote:I'm not reading the rest of this thread yet. I've just started watching the show and I've only seen the first episode. I'm guessing it should be awesome and they're not going to be following any rules in this show. After all, they just killed a 10-year-old boy. Awesome!
Spoiler
No, they didn't.
Bad dates

Batman

#85 Post by Batman » 12 Mar 2012, 01:26

snotball wrote:
Batman wrote:I'm not reading the rest of this thread yet. I've just started watching the show and I've only seen the first episode. I'm guessing it should be awesome and they're not going to be following any rules in this show. After all, they just killed a 10-year-old boy. Awesome!
Spoiler
No, they didn't.
Awww.

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#86 Post by snotball » 12 Mar 2012, 01:39

Batman wrote:
snotball wrote:
Spoiler
No, they didn't.
Awww.
At least it's not as stupid as a bus hitting a stroller at full speed, that just happens to be filled with cans. :roll:
Bad dates

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#87 Post by AngelTash » 12 Mar 2012, 07:19

snotball wrote:
Batman wrote:
snotball wrote:
Spoiler
No, they didn't.
Awww.
At least it's not as stupid as a bus hitting a stroller at full speed, that just happens to be filled with cans. :roll:
:green:

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

#88 Post by Sela » 23 Mar 2012, 12:35

HBO just posted an awesome 22 min recap of season 1, and you can find it here
8 more months of school.....

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#89 Post by AngelTash » 10 Apr 2012, 10:28

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#90 Post by You Know, for Kids » 10 Apr 2012, 10:43

It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#91 Post by AngelTash » 10 Apr 2012, 12:06

By the way... How skeevy was Theon's homecoming scene on the horse? :o

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#92 Post by sldawgs » 10 Apr 2012, 13:32

AngelTash wrote:By the way... How skeevy was Theon's homecoming scene on the horse? :o
What did he do on the horse? :o
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#93 Post by Mazer » 10 Apr 2012, 20:46

sldawgs wrote:
AngelTash wrote:By the way... How skeevy was Theon's homecoming scene on the horse? :o
What did he do on the horse? :o
If it's ture to the books (still saving to watch),I'm goingto go with "hit on his sister". Talk about your awkward threeways.

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#94 Post by Middle » 11 Apr 2012, 06:58

Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#95 Post by spivey » 12 Apr 2012, 23:41

Question to anyone who's seen both seasons so far...
Spoiler
So, the White Walkers are zombies? I'm watching a medieval fantasy zombie television series? If so, I want to have this tv show's babies. And, just like every other person on this show, their babies' babies too.
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#96 Post by Odd Todd » 16 Apr 2012, 16:27

spivey wrote:Question to anyone who's seen both seasons so far...
Spoiler
So, the White Walkers are zombies? I'm watching a medieval fantasy zombie television series? If so, I want to have this tv show's babies. And, just like every other person on this show, their babies' babies too.
Spoiler
No... the walkers themselves are not zombies.... but it seems their victims become zombies. They don't decay... and can only be killed by burning.
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#97 Post by Nunis » 26 Apr 2012, 21:37

Also a random thing that made me laugh. Especially the last item on Sean Bean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#98 Post by knarf » 27 Apr 2012, 07:18

:lol:
"Hold on to your butts."

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#99 Post by AngelTash » 01 May 2012, 06:30

knarf wrote::lol:
:green: :lol:

Batman

#100 Post by Batman » 01 May 2012, 14:37

I'm up to S2, episode 5. As soon as I heard him start talking. I said, "That's Finchy from The Office!"