American Horror Story

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
NoShoes
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

American Horror Story

#1 Post by NoShoes » 06 Oct 2011, 15:02

So....the pilot aired last night, and I just watched it (thank you DVR). I'll say I'm intrigued. Seems right up my alley.

Anyone else catch it? thoughts?

PS: Scruluce, please stay away for the time being.
Merry Christmas to all.....

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Re: American Horror Story

#2 Post by AngelTash » 06 Oct 2011, 18:59

NoShoes wrote:So....the pilot aired last night, and I just watched it (thank you DVR). I'll say I'm intrigued. Seems right up my alley.

PS: Scruluce, please stay away for the time being.
:green:

I watched it last night, and then watched it again tonight with my daughter. We are TOTALLY intrigued.
All things truly wicked start from innocence.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#3 Post by Scruluce » 06 Oct 2011, 19:09

AngelTash wrote:
NoShoes wrote:So....the pilot aired last night, and I just watched it (thank you DVR). I'll say I'm intrigued. Seems right up my alley.

I watched it last night, and then watched it again tonight with my daughter. We are TOTALLY intrigued.
:green: Quite intrigued. Planning on watching the pilot again tonight. Gotta say I'm big fans of both husband and wife actors.
NoShoes wrote:PS: Scruluce, please stay away for the time being.
too late 8)
...unless something better's on TV

Midrats
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#4 Post by Midrats » 06 Oct 2011, 19:15

Scruluce wrote:
too late 8)
Could you pretend you don't like it?

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#5 Post by Scruluce » 06 Oct 2011, 19:28

Midrats wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
too late 8)
Could you pretend you don't like it?
are you kidding?! this show is freaky and awesome!

NoShoes

#6 Post by NoShoes » 07 Oct 2011, 06:10

Scruluce wrote:are you kidding?! this show is freaky and awesome!
I loved the shot when the wife was in the kitchen with "old" Moira, and then you see what Dylan sees as "young" Moira. Can't wait to see who/what "The Gimp" is!

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#7 Post by AngelTash » 07 Oct 2011, 07:36

She saw the gimp guy as her husband when they were having sex. I am also curious to see who he will turn out to be. I saw somewhere that Zachary Quinto was going to be on this show, but gimp guy's eyes didn't look like his.

Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#8 Post by Mazer » 07 Oct 2011, 09:06

I want to watch, but I'm a ridiculous fraidy-cat. What's the scare level like?

NoShoes

#9 Post by NoShoes » 07 Oct 2011, 09:33

Mazer wrote:I want to watch, but I'm a ridiculous fraidy-cat. What's the scare level like?
That's sort of like "Is this food spicy or not"....I'm into more spice....my wife thinks garlic can be too spicy.

On a scale of 1-5: 1 being Bambi and 5 being The Exorcist......I give it a 3.25 (at least based on the pilot)

NoShoes

#10 Post by NoShoes » 07 Oct 2011, 09:39

NoShoes wrote: Bambi
Although I saw a doc. recently with Stephen King who said this was the first movie that scared him silly.

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#11 Post by AngelTash » 07 Oct 2011, 09:50

NoShoes wrote:
Mazer wrote:I want to watch, but I'm a ridiculous fraidy-cat. What's the scare level like?
That's sort of like "Is this food spicy or not"....I'm into more spice....my wife thinks garlic can be too spicy.

On a scale of 1-5: 1 being Bambi and 5 being The Exorcist......I give it a 3.25 (at least based on the pilot)
On the plus side, you get to see a LOT of Dylan McDermott's naked butt.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#12 Post by Scruluce » 07 Oct 2011, 12:57

AngelTash wrote:She saw the gimp guy as her husband when they were having sex. I am also curious to see who he will turn out to be. I saw somewhere that Zachary Quinto was going to be on this show, but gimp guy's eyes didn't look like his.
You mean you guys never suspected his patient as the guy in the "gimp" suit? the build and eyes were similar. The dude is fruit loops enough to try something like that too.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#13 Post by Scruluce » 07 Oct 2011, 12:59

AngelTash wrote:
NoShoes wrote:

On the plus side, you get to see a LOT of Dylan McDermott's naked butt.
yeah, when FX boasts TV-MA for nudity and sexual situations, I don't hold out much hope that I'll be seeing something tantalizing for me... :roll:

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#14 Post by AngelTash » 07 Oct 2011, 14:06

Scruluce wrote:
AngelTash wrote:She saw the gimp guy as her husband when they were having sex. I am also curious to see who he will turn out to be. I saw somewhere that Zachary Quinto was going to be on this show, but gimp guy's eyes didn't look like his.
You mean you guys never suspected his patient as the guy in the "gimp" suit? the build and eyes were similar. The dude is fruit loops enough to try something like that too.
It never occurred to me that Tate might be the one in the gimp suit...

NoShoes

#15 Post by NoShoes » 07 Oct 2011, 15:57

AngelTash wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Right now I'm of a mind that it's neither a person nor a ghost...I'm thinking some yet unknown evil entity (with obviously potent swimmers cause I'm thinking that ain't Dylan's seed).

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#16 Post by AngelTash » 08 Oct 2011, 09:09

NoShoes wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Right now I'm of a mind that it's neither a person nor a ghost...I'm thinking some yet unknown evil entity (with obviously potent swimmers cause I'm thinking that ain't Dylan's seed).

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#17 Post by Odd Todd » 08 Oct 2011, 09:37

AngelTash wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
I have not watched it yet... but I read a review that said the house was previously owned by a gay couple who enjoyed to get the latex on in basement BDSM sessions. I am assuming they are the ghosts...
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#18 Post by AngelTash » 08 Oct 2011, 10:26

If you check out the official website, there is a "family" portrait you can play with, as well as an interactive tour of the house through the years.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#19 Post by Scruluce » 08 Oct 2011, 12:20

AngelTash wrote:If you check out the official website, there is a "family" portrait you can play with, as well as an interactive tour of the house through the years.
hadn't checked it out yet, but sounds interesting...
Odd Todd wrote:I have not watched it yet... but I read a review that said the house was previously owned by a gay couple who enjoyed to get the latex on in basement BDSM sessions. I am assuming they are the ghosts...
even as ghosts, i'm not sure the gay dudes would pose as her hubby and have a roll in the hay with her... just sayin :tongue:

NoShoes

#20 Post by NoShoes » 08 Oct 2011, 12:29

Scruluce wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:I have not watched it yet... but I read a review that said the house was previously owned by a gay couple who enjoyed to get the latex on in basement BDSM sessions. I am assuming they are the ghosts...
even as ghosts, i'm not sure the gay dudes would pose as her hubby and have a roll in the hay with her... just sayin :tongue:
Maybe he's farsighted?

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#21 Post by Scruluce » 13 Oct 2011, 16:16

Second episode didn't disappoint. I'm wondering if it is going to become a "ghost of he week" kinda series though. Don't get me wrong, the backstory intersecting with the current is really neat, but could get old fast.

Also, how many of the locals are conspirators? How many of them are actually among the living? Super creepy.

bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

#22 Post by bratzks » 14 Oct 2011, 02:49

NoShoes wrote:

(I'm pissed I can't find the one capsi made for Sheila)
Last edited by bratzks on 14 Oct 2011, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

NoShoes

#23 Post by NoShoes » 14 Oct 2011, 04:00

have not watched yet.....must not read boards until after I watch.... :o (I kind of jumped over the above).

Hopefully I can watch during my lunch hour....

NoShoes

#24 Post by NoShoes » 14 Oct 2011, 09:53

Scruluce wrote:Second episode didn't disappoint. I'm wondering if it is going to become a "ghost of he week" kinda series though. Don't get me wrong, the backstory intersecting with the current is really neat, but could get old fast.

Also, how many of the locals are conspirators? How many of them are actually among the living? Super creepy.
Ok...free to read now. I concur....it could get stale fast. Still I was like.....whoooaaa WTF!

Based on 2 episodes....I'm still in for the ride!

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#25 Post by AngelTash » 14 Oct 2011, 11:41

NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:Second episode didn't disappoint. I'm wondering if it is going to become a "ghost of he week" kinda series though. Don't get me wrong, the backstory intersecting with the current is really neat, but could get old fast.

Ok...free to read now. I concur....it could get stale fast. Still I was like.....whoooaaa WTF!

Based on 2 episodes....I'm still in for the ride!
I feel like the house is definitely messing with them. I was kind of grossed out by the part with Constance and her young stud. I think we find out more about her and Moira's stories next week.