FilmWise Forums
It is currently 16 Nov 2018, 06:00

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2013, 20:41 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Attachment:
WalkingDeadPrisonAttack.jpg

Easier to read if you click on it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2013, 19:35 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

knarf wrote:
And I loved the fact that Daryl was right about the creek.

I wish they had been a little more subtle (rather than putting the sign right in the center of the screen), but :green:

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2013, 15:56 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

Andrea......you had your shot! (but I guess the war would have been over)

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2013, 07:44 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I must not be the only one who's losing interest already in this season. The last episode almost turned into My Dinner with Andre. WTF?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2013, 11:21 

spivey wrote:
I must not be the only one who's losing interest already in this season. The last episode almost turned into My Dinner with Andre. WTF?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2013, 13:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

alan smithee wrote:
spivey wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 10:59 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Ok, this last one...better, no?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 11:06 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

spivey wrote:

Meh. It feels like they're trying to stretch an hour of story into three hours of tv. Which I suppose is pretty much the definition of a television writer's job.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 11:53 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Will wrote:
spivey wrote:

Meh. It feels like they're trying to stretch an hour of story into three hours of tv. Which I suppose is pretty much the definition of a television writer's job.

:green: At least it doesn't feel like they're raising questions that they're never going to answer.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 07:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

knarf wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Ditto, although besides causing a shit-storm of disarray, did it do much more than cut back the safe zone in front of the gate (aka, their moat)?

Not much really, more of a psychological attack - the whole thing was mostly a show of force, not an attempt to take the prison.

Cutting back their moat could have strategiz implications when they attack again. It also leaves the prison group with less room for error regarding their fencing. I think it also stopped them from being able to grow crops, which they had been planning. So, their food is still an issue, but not for Woodbury.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 16:08 

Toasty wrote:
knarf wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Ditto, although besides causing a shit-storm of disarray, did it do much more than cut back the safe zone in front of the gate (aka, their moat)?

Not much really, more of a psychological attack - the whole thing was mostly a show of force, not an attempt to take the prison.

Cutting back their moat could have strategiz implications when they attack again. It also leaves the prison group with less room for error regarding their fencing. I think it also stopped them from being able to grow crops, which they had been planning. So, their food is still an issue, but not for Woodbury.

ah....I forgot about the planting (I guess since we haven't seen any....)

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 06:49 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Anyone else notice the first zombie that walked out while Merle was blasting the radio? Looked very "Dawn of the Dead"-ish. :)

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 07:49 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

knarf wrote:
Anyone else notice the first zombie that walked out while Merle was blasting the radio? Looked very "Dawn of the Dead"-ish. :)
Attachment:
WalkingDeadZombie.jpeg
Attachment:
DawnOfTheDeadZombie.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 09:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Nice!... great find too, man!

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 23:55 

Toasty wrote:
Nice!... great find too, man!

:green: skillz

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 06:47 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

There have been a few low points this season, but I've really enjoyed it overall, with "Clear" and "This Sorrowful Life" being my favorites. Hoping the finale doesn't disappoint.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 09:46 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

knarf wrote:
There have been a few low points this season, but I've really enjoyed it overall, with "Clear" and "This Sorrowful Life" being my favorites. Hoping the finale doesn't disappoint.

I would agree. I think the first half of this season was much better than the 2nd, but there are a lot of talking points for them to work through. Hopefully the action picks up again in the finale.

My biggest gripe though has to be that they didn't ask Reggie Watts to perform at the conclusion of Talking Dead this week.... wtf??

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 10:21 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Started well, drifted off (but still infinitely better than s2)

I think the comic book roots are showing up - there isn't actually enough plot or chraracterisation to sustain a full season. They need to really work on what they want the series to be, because at the moment it's wandering as aimlessly as the biters. The 2nd half of s1 was the best for me because they had direction and a goal. They need to find something to drive them (e.g. a radio signal).

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 10:50 

F.N.G. wrote:

I think the comic book roots are showing up - there isn't actually enough plot or chraracterisation to sustain a full season. They need to really work on what they want the series to be, because at the moment it's wandering as aimlessly as the biters. The 2nd half of s1 was the best for me because they had direction and a goal. They need to find something to drive them (e.g. a radio signal).

Or a hatch.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 11:04 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

F.N.G. wrote:

I really liked Season 2. I thought all of the conflict between their group and Herschel's group, between Shane and Rick and Laurie, between Glenn, Maggie and Hershel.... the mysteries of what was in the barn, how safe the farm was and what ever happened to Sophia all blended really well.

Both season 2 and 3 suffered from what you point out, lack of character development and dramatic plot growth, but I think season 2 was better than season 3 in that regard, for the reasons I pointed out.
The conflicts in season 3 are too few, and have each been too short lived. The only ones to develop any tension growth were about the governor (Andrea and Rick... sorta Merle, but not really).

I'm surprised everyone just stood by Rick while he was obviously going bat-shit. They could have driven a power struggle amongst the others into that dynamic big time. How come Maggie and Glenn's struggle with accepting what happened to her was so peripheral? They could have had some intense work done there.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 11:12 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:

Or a hatch.

Are you guys serious with the "this should be more like LOST" vibe? I fucking hated LOST and all of it's nowhere promises. There are no teaser promises in this and Thank the God of writing for that. Something to drive them? Other than developing a safe haven so they can survive the wastelands?

P.S.
Every season has ended with them being expelled from what they thought was their utopia. I think Season 3 ends the same... but Daryl will be left behind, like Andrea in Season 2.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 12:16 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Toasty wrote:
Batman wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:

Or a hatch.

Are you guys serious with the "this should be more like LOST" vibe? I fucking hated LOST and all of it's nowhere promises. There are no teaser promises in this and Thank the God of writing for that. Something to drive them? Other than developing a safe haven so they can survive the wastelands?

P.S.
Every season has ended with them being expelled from what they thought was their utopia. I think Season 3 ends the same... but Daryl will be left behind, like Andrea in Season 2.

I wasn't necessarily thinking chasing a radio signal like Lost, but like 28 Days Later - some sort of sign of life out there that is promising enough to risk their lives chasing.

I only watched the 1st half of Season 2, but found it so plodding I couldn't be bothered to watch the rest. Only started again when the ads showed David Morrissey and promised an enemy.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 13:31 

Toasty wrote:
Batman wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:

Or a hatch.

Are you guys serious with the "this should be more like LOST"?

No. Sometimes you have to work to read my sarcasm.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 08:00 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
Toasty wrote:
Batman wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:

Or a hatch.

Are you guys serious with the "this should be more like LOST"?

No. Sometimes you have to work to read my sarcasm.

Yeah, I am out of practice. I need to get my Filwising quotient back.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 11:01 

so is The Governor now the first documented pre-death "biter"?

I kind of like that Merle ended up as a walker......

PS: knarf....nice catch on the DOTD zombie!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next