FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 01:14

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Homeland
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 01:24 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
Great first season, no doubt. I've mixed feelings about the finale though.

Post subject: Re: Homeland
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 07:25 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:

It was a great season for sure. What are your mixed over?

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 11:12 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

spymeg wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Didn't want to see Damien Lewis leave the series, but it felt a little deflating when he didn't go through with it. Also, the pre-shock treatment revelation just felt like they were trying too hard.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 11:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
spymeg wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Didn't want to see Damien Lewis leave the series, but it felt a little deflating when he didn't go through with it. Also, the pre-shock treatment revelation just felt like they were trying too hard.

Yeah I wanted to see him blown up but he is a leading character, so I knew something would happen. I thought the revelation was kinda cool because no one heard her and she won't remember it. It was kind of like her crazy mind's last ditch effort to solve this thing, and now it's lost. My gripe was the whole daughter thing. She's been a spoiled little brat the whole time, but now all of the sudden she's intuitive enough to realize her Dad is up to something? That seemed like they were trying too hard to me.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 15:13 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

spymeg wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
spymeg wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Yeah I wanted to see him blown up but he is a leading character, so I knew something would happen. I thought the revelation was kinda cool because no one heard her and she won't remember it. It was kind of like her crazy mind's last ditch effort to solve this thing, and now it's lost. My gripe was the whole daughter thing. She's been a spoiled little brat the whole time, but now all of the sudden she's intuitive enough to realize her Dad is up to something? That seemed like they were trying too hard to me.

Just wait. The revelation will surface again. The sister heard it, though she didn't understand it.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 13:56 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

I really love this show. I haven't watched the original, and am wondering if I should.
There's one thing really that's been bothering me for quite some time and doesn't add up. When Brody was found in the first episode he was locked up with a full and long beard and long hair. I can get that he was put where he was in order to be found, but he was well groomed and shaved in his memories so how did he get back to that state, it's not something that takes a couple of days to organize.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 17:52 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

snotball wrote:
I really love this show. I haven't watched the original, and am wondering if I should.
There's one thing really that's been bothering me for quite some time and doesn't add up. When Brody was found in the first episode he was locked up with a full and long beard and long hair. I can get that he was put where he was in order to be found, but he was well groomed and shaved in his memories so how did he get back to that state, it's not something that takes a couple of days to organize.

I'm guessing he was put back in confinement at some point after the school bombing. My guess is that is when the "brainwashing & conditioning" began.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 07:08 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
snotball wrote:

I'm guessing he was put back in confinement at some point after the school bombing. My guess is that is when the "brainwashing & conditioning" began.

Probably right. I'm sure we'll get to that in the next season with more flashbacks. :D

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 08:28 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

spymeg wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
snotball wrote:

Probably right. I'm sure we'll get to that in the next season with more flashbacks. :D

Gotta love the prequels during sequels

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2013, 07:42 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

We just finished watching season 1 and enjoyed it quite a bit. It will be some time before we get to see season 2, so I am sure some of the questions above have been answered as well as this one, possibly:

In the early episodes they kept balancing Brody so as to leave some doubt as to whether or not he really was turned. Part of that was leaving some question as to whether or not he actually slipped the razor blade to the captured guard. The other possibility at the time was Saul, and I suppose given later revelations one can also maybe make a case for Estes. But Saul also failed the lie detector test when asked about it, and there's still a part of me that thinks there's something not 100% about him.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2013, 19:49 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

You Know, for Kids wrote:
We just finished watching season 1 and enjoyed it quite a bit. It will be some time before we get to see season 2, so I am sure some of the questions above have been answered as well as this one, possibly:

In the early episodes they kept balancing Brody so as to leave some doubt as to whether or not he really was turned. Part of that was leaving some question as to whether or not he actually slipped the razor blade to the captured guard. The other possibility at the time was Saul, and I suppose given later revelations one can also maybe make a case for Estes. But Saul also failed the lie detector test when asked about it, and there's still a part of me that thinks there's something not 100% about him.

I'm a fan of Saul. He's Carrie's real achor; her conscience.

Watch season two. I couldn't believe where they took it from season 1, and holy shit! That ending was a HUGE curve ball.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 07:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:

I'm a fan of Saul. He's Carrie's real achor; her conscience.

Watch season two. I couldn't believe where they took it from season 1, and holy shit! That ending was a HUGE curve ball.

:green:
Spoiler
I'm starting to wonder if Saul is as good as we think he is. YKFK pointed out the failed lie detector, and this last "incident" that totally benefits Saul makes me think he isn't who we think he is.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 13:25 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

spymeg wrote:
Spoiler
I'm starting to wonder if Saul is as good as we think he is. YKFK pointed out the failed lie detector, and this last "incident" that totally benefits Saul makes me think he isn't who we think he is.

say it ain't so! He's my favorite character!

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 13:50 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Scruluce wrote:
spymeg wrote:
Spoiler

It ain't so! He's my favorite character!

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2013, 06:45 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
spymeg wrote:
Spoiler

It ain't so! He's my favorite character!

Well, maybe I'm wrong. Just look at it with that in mind though:
Spoiler
He was watching Nazir's burial at sea so he was no where near the blast site. That is good because 1. he didn't die and b. if there were ever a question that Saul planted the bomb in Brody's car, he could say he wasn't there. His wife is coming back to him now. He is the director of the CIA! Estes is dead so all of the crap he had on Saul is dead too. He is making out like a bandit on this. I just think we are all made to love him and trust him, and those are the people you have to watch out for the most. It could also be said that the American soldier that Carrie was told had been turned, may not have been Brody. Nazir could have turned any number of people, even those inside the CIA. ;)