FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 16:36

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Firefly
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 08:06 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Wow. I can't believe there isn't a thread dedicated to this show. I just saw the first episode and it was awesome.

OK, it wasn't "Wire" awesome, but it was some damn fine writing, acting and special effects.

I can't believe I'm the first one to write about this. I guess this is what it feels like to be on the forefront of a trend. I just hope they don't cancel it.

Post subject: Re: Firefly
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 11:26 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
Wow. I can't believe there isn't a thread dedicated to this show. I just saw the first episode and it was awesome.

OK, it wasn't "Wire" awesome, but it was some damn fine writing, acting and special effects.

I can't believe I'm the first one to write about this. I guess this is what it feels like to be on the forefront of a trend. I just hope they don't cancel it.

:lol:

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 13:35 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
AngelTash wrote:
Batman wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 00:41 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

And now we have a reason (not that we need one) to post a few more Hendricks pics

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 02:06 

I've just finished the "Our Mrs. Reynolds" episode. All I can say about Ms. Hendricks is, "Pfllu pfla pflerr, homina pfla pfla pflurr." This also happened to be my least successful pickup line back in my younger, drunker singler days.

God, I may have to watch "Mad Men" after this just to satisfy my eyeballs.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 06:14 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
I've just finished the "Our Mrs. Reynolds" episode. All I can say about Ms. Hendricks is, "Pfllu pfla pflerr, homina pfla pfla pflurr." This also happened to be my least successful pickup line back in my younger, drunker singler days.

God, I may have to watch "Mad Men" after this just to satisfy my eyeballs.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 07:08 

Might have to dig out the Firefly Airwolf title sequence again now

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 02:05 

'Firefly': Alan Tudyk Talks Revival Hopes
Quote:
Joss Whedon isn't the only one who wants to revive "Firefly." Series star Alan Tudyk said the desire among the cast runs deep as well.

“Not only is there a want from fans, but there’s a want from Joss [Whedon], and from Nathan [Fillion], certainly, and the cast,” Tudyk told Hypable.

Whedon is currently working on the "S.H.I.E.L.D." TV pilot for ABC, but recently said "Firefly" has been on his radar. "I'll never really accept it," Whedon told the Toronto Sun about "Firefly's" cancellation. "And I always, in the back of my head, think, 'What if I could get the old gang back together? ... It's something I would love to do."

Tudyk pointed to Netflix's new "Arrested Development" season as a model "Firefly" could follow.

“This was taken off the air right about the same time that we were," Tudyk said about "Arrested Development," "and that was a show that was on Fox, with a bunch of people who have gone on to do many other things, and they’re getting them back together for another 14 episodes. So it can be done."

While I'm getting wood thinking about this, I've got some bad news for Tudyk if they do revive the show.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 07:36 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

Batman wrote:
I just hope they don't cancel it.

I blame Scruluce!

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 17:03 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

NoShoes wrote:
Batman wrote:

I blame Scruluce!
Hey now! I didn't watch this until AFTER the series was cancelled AND I had watched Serenity. Just sayin...

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 17:10 

Scruluce wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Batman wrote:

I blame Scruluce!
Hey now! I didn't watch this until AFTER the series was cancelled AND I had watched Serenity. Just sayin...

Are you sure you didn't cause the Earth to rotate in the opposite direction, thereby turning back time so you could save Lois Lane and watch this when it originally aired causing it's demise? :mishchief:

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 17:36 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Batman wrote:

I blame Scruluce!

Are you sure you didn't cause the Earth to rotate in the opposite direction, thereby turning back time so you could save Lois Lane and watch this when it originally aired causing it's demise? :mishchief:

loopholes and paradoxes... you'll never prove it was me!

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013, 12:32 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Batman wrote:
Quote:
Joss Whedon isn't the only one who wants to revive "Firefly." Series star Alan Tudyk said the desire among the cast runs deep as well.

“Not only is there a want from fans, but there’s a want from Joss [Whedon], and from Nathan [Fillion], certainly, and the cast,” Tudyk told Hypable.

Whedon is currently working on the "S.H.I.E.L.D." TV pilot for ABC, but recently said "Firefly" has been on his radar. "I'll never really accept it," Whedon told the Toronto Sun about "Firefly's" cancellation. "And I always, in the back of my head, think, 'What if I could get the old gang back together? ... It's something I would love to do."

Tudyk pointed to Netflix's new "Arrested Development" season as a model "Firefly" could follow.

“This was taken off the air right about the same time that we were," Tudyk said about "Arrested Development," "and that was a show that was on Fox, with a bunch of people who have gone on to do many other things, and they’re getting them back together for another 14 episodes. So it can be done."

While I'm getting wood thinking about this, I've got some bad news for Tudyk if they do revive the show.

The show could pick up after the series ended but before Serenity, in which
Spoiler
Tudyk's character dies—which is what I assume you're getting at, no?

Or just throw away everything after Superman II ... err, the series.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2013, 03:07 

alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler

:green:

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 19:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler

That might also help us get the Book backstory, which I am still curious about.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 19:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 19:25 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2013, 23:05 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

echo

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2013, 04:37 

Mazer wrote:
Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler

So, you would describe yourself as "Book-curious"?