TV Streaming Thread

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
Message
Author
User avatar
Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6143
Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#26 Post by Bill » 26 Feb 2012, 21:45

I'm convinced. ty all.
.

User avatar
Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6143
Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#27 Post by Bill » 04 Jul 2012, 22:26

Season 2 of Louie is finally up. Would be a good time to catch up.
.

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#28 Post by Nunis » 05 Jul 2012, 00:14

Bill wrote:Season 2 of Louie is finally up. Would be a good time to catch up.
Louie was one of those shows that flew under the radar for me. I read a review for season 3 last week or so and decided to check it out. And I just don't know why there weren't more buzz about it, because it's freakin' hilarious.

bing
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt
Posts: 14573
Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Gender: Male
Location: Harlem rock city
Contact:

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#29 Post by bing » 31 May 2013, 12:32

Has anyone watched The Fall? It looks good and has good ratings, but I know BBC procedurals can be a little plodding.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294189/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_3

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 38633
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#30 Post by alan smithee » 31 May 2013, 18:09

bing wrote:Has anyone watched The Fall? It looks good and has good ratings, but I know BBC procedurals can be a little plodding.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294189/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_3
(FWIW, I have not, nor had I heard anything about it before your post. I still haven't even watched Luther.)
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
plaxii
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4481
Joined: 19 Dec 2002, 07:06
Gender: Male
Location: New York, New York

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#31 Post by plaxii » 05 Aug 2013, 13:08

just finished watching Orange is the New Black. Really a good show. Liked it so much i ended up reading the book it was based on.
I am in a world of shit

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15188
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#32 Post by Scruluce » 06 Aug 2013, 14:19

plaxii wrote:just finished watching Orange is the New Black. Really a good show. Liked it so much i ended up reading the book it was based on.
Impressive... MOST impressive.
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6143
Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#33 Post by Bill » 03 Oct 2013, 01:19

Bill wrote:Season 2 of Louie is finally up. Would be a good time to catch up.
the third season is finally up.

Also recently uploaded that I recommend:
The fifth season of Parks and Recreation
The final season of 30 Rock
The first and second season of New Girl
.

User avatar
Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6143
Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#34 Post by Bill » 23 Mar 2015, 10:43

is Bloodline any good?
.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15188
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#35 Post by Scruluce » 23 Mar 2015, 12:58

alan smithee wrote:
bing wrote:Has anyone watched The Fall? It looks good and has good ratings, but I know BBC procedurals can be a little plodding.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294189/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_3
(FWIW, I have not, nor had I heard anything about it before your post. I still haven't even watched Luther.)
I watched both seasons, and enjoyed the show. There were a couple slow spots, but overall I really enjoyed the show.
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
spymeg
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8029
Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Gender: Female
Location: Over your shoulder

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#36 Post by spymeg » 10 Jun 2015, 05:18

Sense8 is out now. Watched the first one and not sure what I think. I was a little taken aback during the opening scenes because we see two women having sex with each other. That's not as offensive as after they were done, the one on top unstraps her dildo, throws it on the floor and the camera zooms in on the fake man part all dripping wet. I mean, really? You just have to throw that in our faces...literally? Can't just stop at them going at it... :balrog: (I know a2 is probably knocking his kids down to get to the TV right about now. :lol: )
Anyway, the show seems interesting but I've heard you have to watch past the first 3 episodes for it to start making sense. As long as the rainbow cock isn't tossed in my face again, I might be able to do this.

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#37 Post by Dawson » 10 Jun 2015, 06:48

spymeg wrote:Sense8 is out now. Watched the first one and not sure what I think. I was a little taken aback during the opening scenes because we see two women having sex with each other. That's not as offensive as after they were done, the one on top unstraps her dildo, throws it on the floor and the camera zooms in on the fake man part all dripping wet. I mean, really? You just have to throw that in our faces...literally? Can't just stop at them going at it... :balrog: (I know a2 is probably knocking his kids down to get to the TV right about now. :lol: )
Anyway, the show seems interesting but I've heard you have to watch past the first 3 episodes for it to start making sense. As long as the rainbow cock isn't tossed in my face again, I might be able to do this.
You had me at dildo :lol:

thanks for the tip tho. One not to tell my mum to watch. And I'll stick with daredevil I think
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29656
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#38 Post by Batman » 10 Jun 2015, 07:30

Dawson wrote:thanks for the tip tho.
twss
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34514
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#39 Post by sldawgs » 11 Jun 2015, 08:51

Saw the first episode and the dildo was pretty squishy there. Don't know if I would have mentioned it without Meg's observation. It was in your face, sure, but was onscreen for less than a second. After finding out that it was all shot on location from Chicago to Mumbai to Seoul to Nairobi to Mexico City and San Francisco, London. As Meg said, right now it's just introducing characters and situations so doesn't make much sense, but I can see a thread there. I know all twelve episodes are available, but I have never been able to binge watch anything more than 3 or 4 episodes tops. Just watched 4 episodes to finish Game of Thrones Season 2. That's about all I can do in one setting.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35060
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#40 Post by » 12 Jun 2015, 13:32

spymeg wrote:Sense8 is out now. Watched the first one and not sure what I think. I was a little taken aback during the opening scenes because we see two women having sex with each other. That's not as offensive as after they were done, the one on top unstraps her dildo, throws it on the floor and the camera zooms in on the fake man part all dripping wet. I mean, really? You just have to throw that in our faces...literally? Can't just stop at them going at it... :balrog: (I know a2 is probably knocking his kids down to get to the TV right about now. :lol: )
Anyway, the show seems interesting but I've heard you have to watch past the first 3 episodes for it to start making sense. As long as the rainbow cock isn't tossed in my face again, I might be able to do this.
At the risk of ruining my reputation, that doesn't sound all that titillating to me. Still, as always, its nice to be thought of.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6143
Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#41 Post by Bill » 21 Aug 2016, 00:47

I'm five episodes in, but Stranger Things has blown me away. Any of you guys watching that too?
.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35060
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#42 Post by » 21 Aug 2016, 03:10

Bill wrote:I'm five episodes in, but Stranger Things has blown me away. Any of you guys watching that too?
I was lukewarm on the show but I loved the feel of it. The opening credits seem exactly like something out of an 80s Stephen King movie.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Eric Draven
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8226
Joined: 09 Jul 2003, 09:58
Gender: Male
Location: Boston
Contact:

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#43 Post by Eric Draven » 22 Aug 2016, 12:15

Bill wrote:I'm five episodes in, but Stranger Things has blown me away. Any of you guys watching that too?
I've got some great fan theories I'd love to discuss when you're done...
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15188
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#44 Post by Scruluce » 22 Aug 2016, 22:03

Eric Draven wrote:
Bill wrote:I'm five episodes in, but Stranger Things has blown me away. Any of you guys watching that too?
I've got some great fan theories I'd love to discuss when you're done...
I'm watching episode 4 now. I'll probably finish 5 before bed.
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8461
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#45 Post by Middle » 22 Aug 2016, 23:23

Scruluce wrote:
Eric Draven wrote:
Bill wrote:I'm five episodes in, but Stranger Things has blown me away. Any of you guys watching that too?
I've got some great fan theories I'd love to discuss when you're done...
I'm watching episode 4 now. I'll probably finish 5 before bed.
I'm at episode 6 now...
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15188
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#46 Post by Scruluce » 23 Aug 2016, 00:52

Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Eric Draven wrote:
Bill wrote:I'm five episodes in, but Stranger Things has blown me away. Any of you guys watching that too?
I've got some great fan theories I'd love to discuss when you're done...
I'm watching episode 4 now. I'll probably finish 5 before bed.
I'm at episode 6 now...
:green: i stayed up longer than i should have. ep 6 didn't have the same cliffhanger ending that the other episodes have had, though i still wanted to watch more. will finish the season after work later today.
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
justdrewit
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5291
Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 08:47
Gender: Male

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#47 Post by justdrewit » 23 Aug 2016, 06:52

Eric Draven wrote:
Bill wrote:I'm five episodes in, but Stranger Things has blown me away. Any of you guys watching that too?
I've got some great fan theories I'd love to discuss when you're done...
I'm looking forward to this. I feel like I was left asking a lot of questions.
Man, what is happenin'? Long time, no see.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15188
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#48 Post by Scruluce » 03 May 2017, 15:12

Anyone else watching the Netflix Marvel installments? I feel like they're a mixed bag, but mostly positive.

Daredevil has been the best (both seasons)
Jessica Jones was a little all over the place, but introduced Luke Cage.
Luke Cage almost felt like it was happening in a different time, until they made reference to other events from the other shows. It started really slow, but improved after a few episodes.
Iron Fist is on par with Daredevil, imo. I've enjoyed it from the start.
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15188
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#49 Post by Scruluce » 03 May 2017, 15:12

Also, Santa Clarita Diet is hilarious.
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50215
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Netflix TV Streaming Thread

#50 Post by knarf » 03 May 2017, 17:04

Scruluce wrote:Anyone else watching the Netflix Marvel installments? I feel like they're a mixed bag, but mostly positive.

Daredevil has been the best (both seasons)
Jessica Jones was a little all over the place, but introduced Luke Cage.
Luke Cage almost felt like it was happening in a different time, until they made reference to other events from the other shows. It started really slow, but improved after a few episodes.
Iron Fist is on par with Daredevil, imo. I've enjoyed it from the start.
Just the first Daredevil and Jessica Jones so far. I thought Jessica Jones was much better than Daredevil, but I liked it too.
"Hold on to your butts."

Image

Post Reply