"The Simpsons"

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

"The Simpsons"

#1 Post by alan smithee » 17 May 2012, 10:43

Dynamic duo Lenny & Carl are a white dude and a black dude:
Lenny is the white guy (on the left) and Carl is the black guy (on the right).

But have there been episodes where the white guy (on the left) is treated as Carl (e.g., he responds to Carl, is called Carl, is referred to as Carl, etc.) and the black guy is referred to as Lenny?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Will
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Re: "The Simpsons"

#2 Post by Will » 17 May 2012, 16:15

alan smithee wrote:Dynamic duo Lenny & Carl are a white dude and a black dude:

But have there been episodes where the white guy (on the left) is treated as Carl (e.g., he responds to Carl, is called Carl, is referred to as Carl, etc.) and the black guy is referred to as Lenny?
My Smithee sense is telling me that unless the answer was yes this has happened, the above post would never have been made.
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man

alan smithee

#3 Post by alan smithee » 17 May 2012, 16:28

Will wrote:

My Smithee sense is telling me that unless the answer was yes this has happened, the above post would never have been made.
I don't actually know the answer to this. Cursory web searching doesn't seem to reveal anything, but this sounds at least vaguely familiar. Though it could always be something else (not unlike Ed & Larry on The West Wing). Bah.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Will
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4 Post by Will » 17 May 2012, 16:33

alan smithee wrote:
Will wrote:

I don't actually know the answer to this. Cursory web searching doesn't seem to reveal anything, but this sounds at least vaguely familiar. Though it could always be something else (not unlike Ed & Larry on The West Wing). Bah.
I do know there have been several times over the years where they have made mention of which one is which in a self aware "everyone knows our names but no one knows which one is which" kind of way. But I've never noticed if they actually referred to them incorrectly.
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man