FilmWise Forums
It is currently 23 Jun 2018, 00:07

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: "The Simpsons"
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 10:43 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38301
Location: San Francisco
Dynamic duo Lenny & Carl are a white dude and a black dude:
Image
Lenny is the white guy (on the left) and Carl is the black guy (on the right).

But have there been episodes where the white guy (on the left) is treated as Carl (e.g., he responds to Carl, is called Carl, is referred to as Carl, etc.) and the black guy is referred to as Lenny?

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "The Simpsons"
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 16:15 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Posts: 8593
Location: Ohio
alan smithee wrote:
Dynamic duo Lenny & Carl are a white dude and a black dude:
Image
Lenny is the white guy (on the left) and Carl is the black guy (on the right).

But have there been episodes where the white guy (on the left) is treated as Carl (e.g., he responds to Carl, is called Carl, is referred to as Carl, etc.) and the black guy is referred to as Lenny?


My Smithee sense is telling me that unless the answer was yes this has happened, the above post would never have been made.

_________________
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "The Simpsons"
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 16:28 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38301
Location: San Francisco
Will wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Dynamic duo Lenny & Carl are a white dude and a black dude:
Image
Lenny is the white guy (on the left) and Carl is the black guy (on the right).

But have there been episodes where the white guy (on the left) is treated as Carl (e.g., he responds to Carl, is called Carl, is referred to as Carl, etc.) and the black guy is referred to as Lenny?


My Smithee sense is telling me that unless the answer was yes this has happened, the above post would never have been made.

I don't actually know the answer to this. Cursory web searching doesn't seem to reveal anything, but this sounds at least vaguely familiar. Though it could always be something else (not unlike Ed & Larry on The West Wing). Bah.

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "The Simpsons"
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 16:33 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Posts: 8593
Location: Ohio
alan smithee wrote:
Will wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Dynamic duo Lenny & Carl are a white dude and a black dude:
Image
Lenny is the white guy (on the left) and Carl is the black guy (on the right).

But have there been episodes where the white guy (on the left) is treated as Carl (e.g., he responds to Carl, is called Carl, is referred to as Carl, etc.) and the black guy is referred to as Lenny?


My Smithee sense is telling me that unless the answer was yes this has happened, the above post would never have been made.

I don't actually know the answer to this. Cursory web searching doesn't seem to reveal anything, but this sounds at least vaguely familiar. Though it could always be something else (not unlike Ed & Larry on The West Wing). Bah.


I do know there have been several times over the years where they have made mention of which one is which in a self aware "everyone knows our names but no one knows which one is which" kind of way. But I've never noticed if they actually referred to them incorrectly.

_________________
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group