FilmWise Forums
It is currently 17 Jun 2018, 23:19

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Following
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 07:02 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

The last couple of episodes haven't been as good as the first few. It seems like they're cutting corners and everything is getting less believable. I highly doubt that while in pursuit of a missing FBI agent that A. there would be no back up and 2. the two man team doing the pursuing would split up when they know the people they're after are insane psycho killers so they need to stay together!

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 10:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

spymeg wrote:
The last couple of episodes haven't been as good as the first few. It seems like they're cutting corners and everything is getting less believable. I highly doubt that while in pursuit of a missing FBI agent that A. there would be no back up and 2. the two man team doing the pursuing would split up when they know the people they're after are insane psycho killers so they need to stay together!

Or at the very least not disable the perp's vehicle.

Also, I have the same feeling about the last few episodes... way too much "Oh, I have so many plans for you, Ryan - this is only the beginning!" type of crap, combined with the rapid introduction of 20ish new characters in the compound.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 10:45 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I want to know how that many people came to visit Joe in prison, and no one noticed or ever asked a single question. And how they spoke so candidly about everything.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 11:04 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

justdrewit wrote:
I want to know how that many people came to visit Joe in prison, and no one noticed or ever asked a single question. And how they spoke so candidly about everything.

Exactly. I guess in his prison, all conversations aren't monitored or recorded for quality assurance.

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Or at the very least not disable the perp's vehicle.

That would've been smart.

Also, I have the same feeling about the last few episodes... way too much "Oh, I have so many plans for you, Ryan - this is only the beginning!" type of crap, combined with the rapid introduction of 20ish new characters in the compound.
Right. And my thoughts are if all of this hinges on Ryan's participation, why doesn't he just stop working on the case? Of course innocent people will die and stuff, but they already are so why not just take him out of the equation. Plus, what happened to his alcoholism? Surely by now dude needs a drink!

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 12:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

spymeg wrote:
And my thoughts are if all of this hinges on Ryan's participation, why doesn't he just stop working on the case? Of course innocent people will die and stuff, but they already are so why not just take him out of the equation. Plus, what happened to his alcoholism? Surely by now dude needs a drink!

Well, he has asked several of them to just kill him...

Yes, they have conveniently forgotten his alcoholism and the premise they put forth that he doesn't play well with others. So far the only people he's given any trouble to are those who are flat-out assholes (like Nick Donovan).

And speaking of Nick... what is with the big red "X" through his picture on the posterboard at the compound? Are they trying to lead us by our noses that he's one of the followers?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 12:20 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

spymeg wrote:
And my thoughts are if all of this hinges on Ryan's participation, why doesn't he just stop working on the case? Of course innocent people will die and stuff, but they already are so why not just take him out of the equation. Plus, what happened to his alcoholism? Surely by now dude needs a drink!

Well, he has asked several of them to just kill him...

Yes, they have conveniently forgotten his alcoholism and the premise they put forth that he doesn't play well with others. So far the only people he's given any trouble to are those who are flat-out assholes (like Nick Donovan).

And speaking of Nick... what is with the big red "X" through his picture on the posterboard at the compound? Are they trying to lead us by our noses that he's one of the followers?

Maybe he's next...duh nuh nuuuuuuh. :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 15:47 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

I have to say though, I did enjoy last night when Louise started saying "You won't shoo......" and then Ryan put her down. Classic :D

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 04:32 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

NoShoes wrote:
I have to say though, I did enjoy last night when Louise started saying "You won't shoo......" and then Ryan put her down. Classic :D

:green:

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 14:52 

Just catching up on Monday's episode.....LMAO that they worked in a "I hate Hathaway" jibe. Even here, this poor girl can't catch a break.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 17:46 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

spymeg wrote:
NoShoes wrote:

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2013, 14:28 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

10 episodes in and I feel it is already played itself out...
All least week they were saying how this last episode will be the one that everyone would be talking about on tuesday becasue there was some big twist or something.
I watched the episode and there was nothing... with the exception of Ryans old girlfriend being a follower... gee... who didn't see THAT coming?! They have already played out that twist to death. Every person that shows up in the show now is expected to be a follower... the only thing that is fun now is how they will manage to get themselves killed when they are found out.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 06:06 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Odd Todd wrote:
All least week they were saying how this last episode will be the one that everyone would be talking about on tuesday becasue there was some big twist or something.
I watched the episode and there was nothing... with the exception of Ryans old girlfriend being a follower... gee... who didn't see THAT coming?! They have already played out that twist to death. Every person that shows up in the show now is expected to be a follower... the only thing that is fun now is how they will manage to get themselves killed when they are found out.

Such good promise - wasted.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 08:28 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Odd Todd wrote:

Spoiler
And for the FBI to endanger an informant like that was a bit unbelievable. She did everything but sing "When the red red robin comes bob bob bobbin' along" to give the safe word.

FBI: There's the safe word, let's go in
Ryan: No, let's leave her alone with a psychopathic killer so we can find my girlfriend.
FBI: Ok.

:roll:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 09:05 

Midrats wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:

Spoiler
And for the FBI to endanger an informant like that was a bit unbelievable. She did everything but sing "When the red red robin comes bob bob bobbin' along" to give the safe word.

FBI: There's the safe word, let's go in
Ryan: No, let's leave her alone with a psychopathic killer so we can find my girlfriend.
FBI: Ok.

:roll:

Spoiler
FBI aka Federal Bureau of Ineptidtude

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 11:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Odd Todd wrote:

It's a total waste. I see they acknowledged his alcoholism on this latest episode, after we made mention of it in here. Maybe there's a plant who pays attention to our comments. If so, please stop cutting corners with accuracy and making every "twist or turn" about a surprise follower. That is how you will kill this show. Thanks.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 16:40 

spymeg wrote:
Maybe there's a plant who pays attention to our comments. If so, please stop cutting corners with accuracy and making every "twist or turn" about a surprise follower. That is how you will kill this show. Thanks.

Also, please stop the inane "This is the episode that will change everything!" ad campaign.......paleeezzzeee!

PS: Hannibal starts tomorrow night (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what i mean)!

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013, 03:45 

NoShoes wrote:
Hannibal

So I finally watched the first episode.....not sure I see the point.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 07:42 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Last night's episode was actually on par with the first few. There were a few moments of stupidity, but all in all I was sufficiently suspended.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 07:59 

I did enjoy when Claire stabbed Joe.....I remember thinking just before she did it, "Close enough to f_ck, close enough to fight" (I think that was a line in the book Silence of the Lambs) and then POW...I admit I did smile a little.

Now if only someone would dispatch Emma....she is truly getting on my nerves.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 09:08 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

NoShoes wrote:
I did enjoy when Claire stabbed Joe.....I remember thinking just before she did it, "Close enough to f_ck, close enough to fight" (I think that was a line in the book Silence of the Lambs) and then POW...I admit I did smile a little.

Now if only someone would dispatch Emma....she is truly getting on my nerves.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 06:09 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

What an ending to last night's episode! :o It made up for all the hokey-ness. One more to go...I just wonder how they will keep this going for another season (if Scruluce hasn't killed it yet).

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 18:25 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
spymeg wrote:
What an ending to last night's episode! :o It made up for all the hokey-ness. One more to go...I just wonder how they will keep this going for another season (if Scruluce hasn't killed it yet).

:mishchief: you've discovered my mission as a part of Joe's cult! Curses!

PostPosted: 02 May 2013, 10:29 

So season 1 ended.....and I'm not sure I care :confused:

PostPosted: 02 May 2013, 12:41 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

NoShoes wrote:

Very meh... and so obvious that the guy with the busted ankle was never really shown in focus or in light...
So it also seems obvious that he was the body they found and that he was somehow changed to look like Joe... even his teeth.
And even after all they have been through... her first reaction to seeing Ryan stabbed is to scream and run to him without looking for the stabber?! Ugh... started so promising and then just became sooooo predictable. I don't think I will be watching season two.

PostPosted: 02 May 2013, 13:26 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Odd Todd wrote:
NoShoes wrote:

Very meh... and so obvious that the guy with the busted ankle was never really shown in focus or in light...
So it also seems obvious that he was the body they found and that he was somehow changed to look like Joe... even his teeth.
And even after all they have been through... her first reaction to seeing Ryan stabbed is to scream and run to him without looking for the stabber?! Ugh... started so promising and then just became sooooo predictable. I don't think I will be watching season two.

Yeah. you know Joe isn't dead. I wondered why for the whole first half of the season Claire was fixated on being with Joey, but when she's finally "rid" of her nightmare the first thing she does it shack up with Ryan? You would think she would kinda wanna get to her son, pronto. But, whatever. I doubt I'll stick around for season 2 either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next