FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 18:17

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Following
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2014, 14:51 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

Ok......so season 2 is starting tonight.....let's just say I'm still close enough to the fence to take a peek over, if only because I'm a fan of Mr. Bacon. (as well as other pork products)

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2014, 17:35 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
NoShoes wrote:
...I'm a fan of Mr. Bacon. (as well as other pork products)

:lol:

I'm intrigued and looking forward to the episode.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2014, 13:38 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
NoShoes wrote:

Without spoilers, can y'all tell me how it was? I hope not as cheesy as the first season ended up being.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2014, 14:44 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

I think it's off to a good start. I'm not holding my breath though. I saw something at the end of the episode that I won't mention (major spoiler).

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2014, 06:42 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
I think it's off to a good start. I'm not holding my breath though. I saw something at the end of the episode that I won't mention (major spoiler).

Please do spoil (in spoilervision), since I've no interest to actually return to this show. It started out great, but derailed after episode 5 or so.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2014, 13:38 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Please do spoil (in spoilervision), since I've no interest to actually return to this show. It started out great, but derailed after episode 5 or so.

Spoiler
Season starts with a small group of gunmen on a subway train, wearing Joe Carol masks. They are chanting "Resurection", then kill all but one passenger, who manages to escape. Toward the end of the episode, Ryan Hardy visits the survivor in the hospital to say "I'm sorry" for what she went through. The final scene IIRC shows Ryan pulling a Carol mask from a black bag, and putting it on.

It appears (to me) that Ryan, and his small group of secret investigators, murdered innocents in attempt to get Joe's attention and force him out of hiding.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2014, 17:10 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Scruluce wrote:
Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Spoiler
Season starts with a small group of gunmen on a subway train, wearing Joe Carol masks. They are chanting "Resurection", then kill all but one passenger, who manages to escape. Toward the end of the episode, Ryan Hardy visits the survivor in the hospital to say "I'm sorry" for what she went through. The final scene IIRC shows Ryan pulling a Carol mask from a black bag, and putting it on.

It appears (to me) that Ryan, and his small group of secret investigators, murdered innocents in attempt to get Joe's attention and force him out of hiding.

Spoiler
Whoa whoa whoa! Did we watch the same show?! That mask that Ryan puts on was the one he took from the dude's appartment that he broke into. He even took the black bag and some other things as evidence. The three on the subway I think were the dude that get's neck punched and the twins.

Though I will give you the only interesting thing to me right now is this new group of followers that the old followers (And Joe) seem to have no idea about. But I don't think it's Ryan. But I think your idea? Would have been far cooler. But they don't have to balls to do that.

Mostly Meh... I wasn't going to watch this seasaon... but I had to see how the cliffhanger ended. Was ANYONE surprised that Joe is still alive? How long did the camera have to follow him at the end and obscure his face to play up the "surprise"? They ALREADY revealed that the neckpunchee said he was alive and showed a flashback of it! WHY the stupid reveal!? Soooo cliche'!!

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2014, 17:12 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

spymeg wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
NoShoes wrote:

Without spoilers, can y'all tell me how it was? I hope not as cheesy as the first season ended up being.

Meh. Still cliche'. But the acting is still pretty good.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014, 03:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Odd Todd wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler
Whoa whoa whoa! Did we watch the same show?! That mask that Ryan puts on was the one he took from the dude's appartment that he broke into. He even took the black bag and some other things as evidence. The three on the subway I think were the dude that get's neck punched and the twins.

Though I will give you the only interesting thing to me right now is this new group of followers that the old followers (And Joe) seem to have no idea about. But I don't think it's Ryan. But I think your idea? Would have been far cooler. But they don't have to balls to do that.

Mostly Meh... I wasn't going to watch this seasaon... but I had to see how the cliffhanger ended. Was ANYONE surprised that Joe is still alive? How long did the camera have to follow him at the end and obscure his face to play up the "surprise"? They ALREADY revealed that the neckpunchee said he was alive and showed a flashback of it! WHY the stupid reveal!? Soooo cliche'!!

Spoiler
So Joe is alive? This show just made itself redundant with its season 2 premise... Meh

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014, 10:28 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Middle wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
So Joe is alive? This show just made itself redundant with its season 2 premise... Meh

Spoiler
Well you can't really have The Following without the person they are following. That would be like Peter and The Wolf without the wolf! I mean... come one! Although I guess this is the basis of most religions... but what do THEY know! :roll:

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014, 16:00 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Odd Todd wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
I'm glad you posted that. I may (cringe) rewatch the episode now. I didn't see him grab the mask from the apartment. I saw him go back.
My misunderstanding of the situation WOULD have been a much bigger plot twist, with Ryan letting it all be pinned on the "Carollers" (wasn't that what they called them?).

The Carol reveal was pretty lame. I understand explaining it beforehand, instead of an after thought, but it would've been a better reveal without the flashback beforehand. The fella from the apartment ranting about Carol being alive (*w/o flashback) could be chalked up to fanaticism, and would have played better if Ryan believed Carol to be dead. Then the reveal would have been better. (this reveal method would conflict with the aforementioned plot twist idea, though.)

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014, 16:12 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Scruluce wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
I'm glad you posted that. I may (cringe) rewatch the episode now. I didn't see him grab the mask from the apartment. I saw him go back.
My misunderstanding of the situation WOULD have been a much bigger plot twist, with Ryan letting it all be pinned on the "Carollers" (wasn't that what they called them?).

The Carol reveal was pretty lame. I understand explaining it beforehand, instead of an after thought, but it would've been a better reveal without the flashback beforehand. The fella from the apartment ranting about Carol being alive (*w/o flashback) could be chalked up to fanaticism, and would have played better if Ryan believed Carol to be dead. Then the reveal would have been better. (this reveal method would conflict with the aforementioned plot twist idea, though.)

Let's just say we would both be better writers than anyone they have on staff.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014, 18:08 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Odd Todd wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Let's just say we would both be better writers than anyone they have on staff.

I like it. Sounds like a new Wolf! partnership :mishchief:

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2014, 17:05 

was the premiere only a 1 hour show? or did my DVR screwup?

I had to watch the show On Demand as my DVR missed the first 10 minutes or so.....

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2014, 17:50 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

NoShoes wrote:

I had to watch the show On Demand as my DVR missed the first 10 minutes or so.....

just an hour. DVR always has issues when it catches a show that starts after a live sports event.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 06:02 

Scruluce wrote:
NoShoes wrote:

just an hour. DVR always has issues when it catches a show that starts after a live sports event.

ty

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 11:51 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
NoShoes wrote:

ty

Yeah it pissed me off when they started it 10 minutes early... but they had no problem autocofiguring it to be LOGNER! Dumbasses.
Thankfully I was watching the football when I noticed it didn't start. So I was able to catch it.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 17:32 

Odd Todd wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
NoShoes wrote:

ty

Yeah it pissed me off when they started it 10 minutes early... but they had no problem autocofiguring it to be LOGNER! Dumbasses.
Thankfully I was watching the football when I noticed it didn't start. So I was able to catch it.

I was just glad it's part of my Free On Demand listing that is basically the next day (I never seem to be able to watch it when it's on).

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2014, 01:16 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

I watched the first season but haven't found the motivation to watch any of this season. Is it worth it?

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2014, 09:59 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

A² wrote:
I watched the first season but haven't found the motivation to watch any of this season. Is it worth it?

I'd say not really. I think I am only watching for those times when Ryan Hardy just blows up and kills some of these dicks.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2014, 17:19 

Odd Todd wrote:
A² wrote:

I'd say not really. I think I am only watching for those times when Ryan Hardy just blows up and kills some of these dicks.

I think I just barely enjoyed the first season enough t finish it. Let me know if I need to pick it back up.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 03:53 

Just watched this past Monday's episode....gotta say, I didn't see that coming. (the reveal at the end)

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 05:43 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

We're so far behind on this season, just can't get motivated to watch it.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 08:37 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

NoShoes wrote:
Just watched this past Monday's episode....gotta say, I didn't see that coming. (the reveal at the end)

Honestly? Sorry... thought that was his whole reason for going there. Because he needed more followers.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 08:38 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

knarf wrote:
We're so far behind on this season, just can't get motivated to watch it.

I was going to stop watching then I found out i'd watched more than half the season. So I guess I will be stopping at the end of the season... but I know the bastards will end it on a cliffhanger... and i'll be roped in for at least the first episode of next season! ARGH.
I kinda mostly hate this show. Why am I still watching it!?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next